Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:37

RoyalPurpleStones

Damn does Mick look good in Royal Purple!smoking smiley

He does, except that I'm a bit alarmed by his ribs sticking out. confused smiley Keith on the other hand looks healthier every time I see him, yay! In fact they all look good ( = healthy) right now. smiling smiley

Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:39

My vids

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

I am a bit mixed about this show (my 30 rd or something like that).
Absolutely no complicity between a quite cold Mick and Keith. Mick made the show as usually (we gonna Zlatan you - so France will win the world cup ? have to beat england). Mick did not really take the stage as usually. Despite the fact I was too far from the stage (category 1 ?? no way thieves promoters) I think there was less less energy than Hyde Park (for a one I saw) or Glastonbury of course.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: stephengarcia ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:43

Hi
please email be details about the stones book

stephengarcia172@ntlworld.com

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:44

Oh and forget about the Stade de France and its POOR sound. No more concerts there. The PA are too far from the bottom (the sound in 2006 and 2007 was better) and no speakers were installed at the back
A 40.000 capacity is about to surface and I hope to see great shows there with a sound as good as the Zenith...
[fr.wikipedia.org]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:55

BowieStone
I stayed til after they bowed and jumped right on the metro. There was no need to sacrifice Satisfaction.

+1. I need full value for money, and can walk fast.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:59

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 10:02

[www.lemonde.fr]

Après un démarrage un peu lent, les Rolling Stones ont finalement donné satisfaction au public du Stade de France vendredi 13 juin pour l'unique étape hexagonale de leur tournée mondiale « 14 on Fire ». Malgré la grève de la SNCF qui a perturbé le trafic vers le stade de Saint-Denis, le public est venu en masse pour un concert dont les 75 000 places s'étaient envolées en 51 minutes.
Mick Jagger, en chemise à jabot prune et veste en lamé verte, et ses complices, sont arrivés sur scène à 21 heure 30 pour deux heures d'un concert largement consacré aux tubes du groupe qui a fêté ses 50 ans de carrière en 2012. Mais le spectacle, entamé avec « Jumpin' Jack Flash » a eu du mal à démarrer devant un public bien sage, plombé par des temps morts et un son loin d'être parfait.

Sur scène, Mick Jagger a pourtant beau porté ses 70 ans, déployant une incroyable énergie, bondissant d'un bout à l'autre de l'estrade, et se déhanchant toujours aussi aisément avec ces mouvements saccadés si caractéristiques.

A côté, Keith Richards, avec son bandeau aux couleurs de la Jamaïque et sa chemise verte éclatante, a des airs de vieux crocodile. Ses mouvements sont plus mesurés, même s'il prend un plaisir visible à cabotiner avec Ronnie Wood. Derrière, Charlie Watts reste impassible mais précis comme un métronome derrière sa batterie.

Propriétaire d'un château en Touraine, Mick Jagger, qui parle français avec aisance, a taquiné les spectateurs d'un « Alors la France va gagner la coupe du monde ?... en finale contre l'Angleterre, hein ? » Mais il a fallu attendtre un « Out of control » pour lequel Mick Jagger a sorti son harmonica puis un « Honky Tonk Women » bien balancé pour que le public commence à se prendre au jeu.

Keith Richards a ensuite pris le micro pour chanter « You Got Silver » et « Can't Be Seen », mettant les spectateurs sous le charme de son énergie et de sa désinvolture. A partir de là, les classiques se sont enchaînés à un beau rythme : « Miss You », « Gimme Shelter », « Start me up »...

La scène était baignée de fumigènes rouges et d'une forêt de flammes quand se font entendre les premières notes d'un « Sympathy For The Devil » d'anthologie, que Jagger a chanté enveloppé dans une cape de plumes d'autruche rouge et noire.

Puis, une chorale fait son apparition sur scène pour le rappel, accompagnant Sir Mick sur « You Can't Always Get What You Want ». Et le public a évidemment ce qu'il veut quand les Stones terminent leur concert par un « (I can't get no) Satisfaction » triomphal, avant de venir saluer bras dessus bras dessous comme au théâtre.

Le premier ministre Manuel Valls, entouré du ministre de l'intérieur Bernard Cazeneuve et du président de l'Assemblée nationale Claude Bartolone, et non loin d'Aurélie Filippetti, ministre de la culture, et du tout-Paris médiatique, étaient aux premières loges pour assister à ce qui pourrait être la dernière tournée des quatre Anglais.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 14, 2014 10:04

DeanGoodman
BowieStone
I stayed til after they bowed and jumped right on the metro. There was no need to sacrifice Satisfaction.

+1. I need full value for money, and can walk fast.

I'm still distraught about Satisfaction being sacrificed for the tube at O2/1 in 2012.

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 10:09

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2014 10:09

BowieStone

That's great - damn, should have waited. I was with the wife and daughter who are not huge fans, and were a bit tired from the 12 hour flight from Tokyo. The RER from Gar du nord to SDF at about 7:30 was horrible - this is coming from someone who lives in Tokyo. That was traumatic and I was worried it would be similar on the metro coming back.

But all in all a beautiful night, a great audience, a kickass Rambler, Again, I was surprised at how empty the Pelouse VIP section was when we finally got there around 18:30. We walked right up to the second row in front of the screen on Ronnie's side and had a great view. Only in Paris. It was packed by 9:30.

Date: June 14, 2014 10:28

"On va vous zlataner ce soir", the best Mick's citation >grinning smiley<

[highwire75.format.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.instagram.com]
[twitter.com]

Date: June 14, 2014 10:50

powerage78

Keith Richards a ensuite pris le micro pour chanter « You Got Silver » et « Can't Be Seen », mettant les spectateurs sous le charme de son énergie et de sa désinvolture.

Exactement! smileys with beer

Date: June 14, 2014 10:51

For me it was an evening of superlatives....... the show was extraordinarily good, the band seem to be getting better as the tour continues, the Parisien transport arrangements after the gig were appallingly bad, never known such chaos and lack.of organisation. Photos of the concert to follow......

Date: June 14, 2014 11:01

I think they have never been as good since 2003 (for Paris shows). And the thing I liked is that they all had bananas on stage, it's nice!

A thought for the first part, interrupted so scandalous. In 20 years of concerts and festivals, I've never seen it! shame for the manager.

[highwire75.format.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.instagram.com]
[twitter.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:08

wow from the clips it sounds really a terrific show
iorr really surprised me, really. but also stfd, usually i skip that clip winking smiley
well keith was ON FIRE apparently last nite

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 11:11 by maumau.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:10

Cristiano Radtke
And thanks a lot to bye bye johnny, always posting the best photos after the concert. thumbs up

True!
thumbs up smileys with beer there you go johnny!

Date: June 14, 2014 11:35

OOC

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:40

For me, it was a really good night: Friday 13th, full moon, perfect weather and the Rolling Stones in Paris ! The only bad thing was the train strike, metro was a kind of sauna pre show warm up smiling bouncing smiley.

In my opinion, the show was better than the two previous ones I saw in the same place in 1998 and 2003.

The crowd was very in it and Mick did a lot of jokes. On of the best was "Ronnie did a lot shopping in Paris, we saw you in Tati (a shop known for the cheap prices)" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. The interaction between the band and the crowd was great, much better than the interaction between the Glimmer Twins themselves ... I wonder why ... Lot of songs seemed to be "extra long" with coda ending, such as Brown Sugar of Gimme Shelter.

I was in the middle of the field and the sound was quite good for the first half of the show. From Gimme Shelter, it became louder and with more echo. I could not hear Lisa well ...

I was positively surprised by You got me rocking and Doom and Gloom : very well played and received ! The guitars on Wild Horses were great and clear. Bitch was full of energy and almost rage grinning smiley.
Keith voice on You got the Silver was good ! And Can't Be Seen was messy.
The highlights was clearly Midnight Rambler with extra bars ! I won't be surprised if this one clocked the half hour.

In one word : merci !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 11:43 by djgab.

Date: June 14, 2014 11:41

Gimme Shelter

Date: June 14, 2014 11:41

Gimme Shelter

Date: June 14, 2014 11:45

WH

Date: June 14, 2014 11:46

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Incomplete)

Date: June 14, 2014 11:52

You Got Me Rocking (Part Only, 52 sec.) Bad Sound

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:53

Date: June 14, 2014 12:13

Miss You (Part)

Date: June 14, 2014 12:22

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Complete)

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:54

Sounds like another great performance by the boys . Now tempted by Wrechter, blowing out a bit more of a work bonus. Not sure though! As tempted by a possible return to London. But the Waldbuhne was mind blowing and really enjoyed travelling for a gig for the first time. Decisions, decisions, decisions.... Hope the Glimmers resolve their tiff and make uphot smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:56

toomuchforme
Oh and forget about the Stade de France and its POOR sound. No more concerts there. The PA are too far from the bottom (the sound in 2006 and 2007 was better) and no speakers were installed at the back
A 40.000 capacity is about to surface and I hope to see great shows there with a sound as good as the Zenith...
[fr.wikipedia.org]

Were you standing in the back? They had four towers with speakers pointing to the back. Was it just low or actually poor?
Normally, I'll be standing close to the stage, but this time I was sitting on the side in section T5. The sound was superb from my seat, the best I've heard so far on this tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:57

After reading some more reviews, a few more quick comments :
- you sometimes think that the main thing is to be in the door for a show, wherever you can make it, but your spot really conditions the whole experience, toomuchforme, you were (understandably) unhappy with your spot and it tainted the show for you. I was pretty much in the same spot as at HP2, 15 meters back from the stage (further back in the crowd as the stage was much closer) and 1 meter away from the catwalk on Ronnie's side and it was just as exhilarating if not more. Definitely a lot more smiles from Mick, he reminded me of the "Trabendo Mick", rolling his eyes and smiling a lot, he was a lot more "serious" at HP and even more at the O2.
- Mick & Keith interaction...there was great interaction during "Out of Control", a Mick/Mick T. during MR type of interaction, when is the last time we saw that between them, only time I saw that with my own eyes was during MR on the B-Stage in San Jose in 1999. There were some other little moments when Keith got his guitar out of the way (during SMU I think) to let Mick run by.
- Setlists : topic's been beaten to death, but the way Mick has the crowd in the palm of his hands they could play pretty much anything and people would be into it, who knows "Out of Control" got a fabulous reaction and what percentage of the audience knew that song? 20%, 50%? A song like "Too Much Blood" would work I'm sure!

@desertblues68 - what "tiff" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 13:04 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 13:12

Gotdablues, the interactions between Mick and Keef in Berlin were a joy to behold, since the first gig at the 02. It has been reported that they were colder in Paris, so I thought wrongly that the boys had a little tiff. Happy to know everything is well, and hope to see them again soonhot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 13:17 by desertblues68.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home