Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:47

gotdablouse
Yeah, an unbelievable run really after a 10 year self-imposed hiatus (wanted to stay on the Oakland 2002 "high" after a disappointing Pacbell stadium show in the stands) : Trabendo, Bondy Rehearsal, O2/Pit, HP1/HP2 T1/T3FOS, SDF Pit...

What software did you use to "decimate" the video?
as of yet i only tried an online gif generator (https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator) i'm sure there are better options, first of all something that doesn't put a watermark into the picture. i'm not the guy for stadium shows myself, the whole 06-07 tour was basically watching screens for me. so i hit the ceiling when in 2012 the Stones themselves confirmed the Trabendo to me personally:
we didn't get anybody to drive us there and ended up getting arrested at Bremen Airport because the only flight had no tickets left and in a state of panic, we walked right up to the door of the aircraft. the french crew would've let us in if it wasn't for the police. i'm still paying off the fine. in germany it was all over the news the next day: "two crazy stonesfans rush on the tarmac and try to buy tickets in the cockpit" anyway, as of now, Waldbühne seems as close as it gets in terms of an intimate show for me. won't deny that i envy you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 13:21 by Nikkei.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 17, 2014 15:26

Wow, what a story, I don't remember reading about it here, at least as memorable as the gig in itself ;-) Still having to pay off the fine is not cool, but coming to terms with the fact that the Trabendo gig will never happen again took a while too...and may still be ongoing. It's only rock'n'roll but...WE LIKE IT !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 17, 2014 15:44

[www.spiegel.de]
[www.weser-kurier.de]
[www.bild.de]
if you understand bits of german, you see that we at least got our share of press coverage ;-D it's definitely a story to remember, though not at all a comparable memory to the Trabendo itself. i actually was all set for a club gig in Oslo, yet they didn't seem to need any more warm-up. on Fire! the fine wasn't as dreadful as it sounds, i'm just a poor student and most definitely have better expenses. i'm still sure there will be more club gigs and i learned: you have to be there the night before to have a realistic chance. yet i also got into Waldbühne by the skin of my teeth as they were already well into SMU. so i'm fairly optmistic that one day i shall see them up close, too.

Date: June 17, 2014 16:14

Thanks for the links, my German is a tad rusty, but I found that passage pretty funny, as in "dry humor" : "Die Zeit war nicht auf ihrer Seite" ! But yes, German fans are crazy ;-) At the Trabendo I was dead center in the second row and there was a guy trying to climb over me (I'm 6'3", not easy) during half of the show, we chatted afterwards, nice chap, turns out he'd driven all the way from Munich after a friend of his had secured a ticket in the morning, hehe...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 17, 2014 17:21

I liked the animated tongues before and during the show.I've already posted some of them in the previous pages, but I have missed this one below, if someone has a good quality shot of it it will be much appreciated !

HMN

Date: June 17, 2014 17:23

yeah, the german newspapers are always having fun using song titles as puns when it comes to the stones. the actual fun about it is, they really find their jokes to be very original and fresh. like some guy from VIVA (TVstation) at a press conference asking like "will sis be se last time?" and mick just proceeded to call him a "real stunner" and gave him a free shirt for "sheer originality"
-this "tongue" is disturbing. why does it have eyes?!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 17:30 by Nikkei.

Date: June 18, 2014 17:18

Guitar slingers in Paris :

--------------

Date: June 18, 2014 20:17

charlie is definitely in bad need of a cup of tea^^

Date: June 19, 2014 10:07

Beefing up the sound:

--------------

Date: June 19, 2014 19:58

Doctorstones

Putain de cliché le Doc thumbs up si tu en as d'autres sous cet angle fait circuler !

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 19:59 by Honestman.

Date: June 20, 2014 09:14

Nice pic indeed, I think "Le Doc" was just in front of me ;-)

Blowin' at the SDF :

--------------

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 13:54

Honestman

Doctorstones

Putain de cliché le Doc thumbs up si tu en as d'autres sous cet angle fait circuler !

Love this picture.

Posted by: rollingsuri ()
Date: June 20, 2014 14:10

Hi all,

This is my first post in this amazing forum. First of all I want to thank you for the quality of your contributions.

Then, here is a picture from Rockerparis where we can see a "Notice of filming" for the Paris show.
What kind of DVD will be issued after this tour? "Live in Paris"? "Live at Waldbuhne"? Or a "medley"?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 20, 2014 15:01

Not sure if this would be a normal prochedure for all the concerts.

But if not, it would be great if Paris is on there for me, after i had to miss it for family reasons.

Date: June 20, 2014 21:23

That would make for good memories indeed.

Love this pic where you can see all the happy faces! That's really what struck me last week at the SDF, everyone had a smile for 2+ hours, priceless! Also check out the "Vivre L'Exceptionnel" in the stands...exactly !

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-20 21:24 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 22, 2014 12:00

video: [www.youtube.com]

Not complete by far, but nice edit thumbs up

HMN

Date: June 23, 2014 10:11

Nice indeed, wonder what software does that "blurring" effect.

How about some Mick Taylor ?

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-23 10:12 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 23, 2014 23:01

Another very cool one filmed à la Like a Rolling Stone thumbs up

HMN

Date: June 24, 2014 10:48

Nice, that must be the guy with the GoPro on a monopod who kept being told to stop filming, glad he didn't ;-)

Matt and Chuch in Paris :

[

--------------

Date: June 24, 2014 16:17

gotdablouse

what an amazing capture!

Date: June 24, 2014 16:18

vivre l'exceptionell!!

Date: June 24, 2014 21:23

gotdablouse
Nice, that must be the guy with the GoPro on a monopod who kept being told to stop filming, glad he didn't ;-)

Make me think to this japanese guy who was standing not far beside me at the end of the catwalk, not sure what he did, took numerous pics, film or tape the show >grinning smiley<

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-24 21:53 by Honestman.

Date: June 24, 2014 21:32

Nikkei
gotdablouse

what an amazing capture!

Thanks, what's really striking to me (on top of the accidental "Vivre l'Exceptionnel" ) are all these happy faces! That's really what I'll take back from that SDF concert, JOY, JOY, JOY...in the crowd and in the band, particularly Mick who seemed a lot tenser at the O2 and even at HP. At HP the crowd was a bit more restless too after spending the day in the sun and there was some "arguing", nothing of the sort at the SDF, at least that I could see.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 19:49 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 24, 2014 21:50

I have thought the same thing - i.e., that Mick has seemed noticeably more relaxed on this European leg. What's more, it's enhanced his/their performance.

Date: June 26, 2014 19:15

Everyday from time to time some vids surface, this one in HQ worth to be watched

A multi-sources DVD will be great indeed.

HMN

Date: June 26, 2014 19:58

Great, another one shot not too far from where I was ;-)

Going back in time, the "Pelouse VIP" when I arrived at 6.36PM, not too crowded fortunately! Felt a bit bad for the "Pelouse Or" as I walked through the filtering point...

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-26 19:59 by gotdablouse.

Date: June 26, 2014 21:13

We should have been not far from each others GDB winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:22

gotdablouse
Great, another one shot not too far from where I was ;-)

Going back in time, the "Pelouse VIP" when I arrived at 6.36PM, not too crowded fortunately! Felt a bit bad for the "Pelouse Or" as I walked through the filtering point...

I've got a photo of my own almost identical to this. I was 2nd row in Pelouse Or, Keith Side, near the B Stage and VIP appeared to be very underfilled, especially at the back. People in there were comfortably pacing around unobstructed. latvianinexile had a friend who managed to sneak into VIP with a plain Pelouse ticket after buying it outside for 50 EUR...

I tried for VIP the day they went on sale and they were gome before the onsale time of 10am CET. Grrrrr

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:54

After the concert, did anyone see the "SWAT" police pepper spray the drunk guy? Then about a half hour later, the drunk guy and the "SWAT" were joking around.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:22

thanks for the last vid Honest Man.
it's a good summarty of a fantastic night.
thay all played very good and the audience was there !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home