Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: divinocalvo ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:47

divinocalvo
Well Crawdaddy you seem to assume what you wrote then : "There are also posts from a couple of people who were there,that makes me think, ' Do they really like The Stones and their music ? '"

Correction : you DON'T seem to assume

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:55

24FPS
divinocalvo
You are right Wroclaw
Who can say one is a GOOD fan and other a BAD fan ?
You have to respect tastes and opinions, not dictate a Fan code

I appreciate what you are saying, however, I have decided not to go on these particular threads of individual concerts because I don't want to piss on the parade of those whose ears have not abandoned them yet. If they get a charge out of what is now being presented, more power to them. I'm a little jealous that they can still get the old thrill I used to get from listening to the Stones live. Cheers.

I hear that. thumbs up

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 16, 2014 16:15

crawdaddy
I appreciate everybody likes differant things when it comes to a concert, in way of standing,sitting ,setlist,sound etc.

I guess I must be very easy to please after seeing The Rolling Stones play live many times,and enjoyed each and every show.

Buzzin' for a few days after a Stones show.................or most gigs I go to.

Not a bad thing really to feel like that. >grinning smiley<

Went to see a good covers band on the beach at Mojacar here in Spain yesterday late afternoon and had a ball.

Just giving anyone reading this thread,my feelings about experience of watching and listening to The Rolling Stones.

I was just giving this thread my observation of positive posts and negative posts about the Paris show.
Not saying I'm right or wrong or asking everyone to agree with me.

We are all entitled to an opinion,as you have just told me yours,and I'm just saying mine. smileys with beer

I do not see myself going to more then 1 RS gig in , let's say - 1 month. The Paris gig was supposed to be my "1 RS gig at the 14OF Europe tour". Maybe would have gone to one of their arena gigs in addition - had I been living in Europe and travelling was not so long and costy - but 2 "mass" gig's per month - I already know its a bit over the edge for me. The "other" gig I saw this tour was an extra - as it was on my home base and was not a sure thing till after I booked the Paris trip. I also think it was A BIT better as far as my favorite numbers are concerned. I enjoyed Paris - hated my spot, but expected that happening. Loved the gig - thought was SFTD was really mediocre. Wanted it over so we can get to YCAGWYW - would have settled for an 18 song's per gig with the current SFTD presentation. In some cases you say "well - its KR playing that which is the magic" - but there is no more magic in the SFTD, including Keith's playing. People can be great fan's enjoying each and every song. And people (like me) can say that their mother's cooking is no longer good - and still be good loving kids.

I used to go to "clusters" of The Who gig's. Did 4 in a row in NYC. Several twin shows in London RAH. Some other clusters too. Last year I saw them in the Quadrophenia tour and while the show was musically great (no longer the semi Punk style live playing) the typical The Who magic was gone - and you could have seen that crowd's reaction. I was honest to myself and spared the money it would have cost me seeing them a bit later in London - just adjoining the RS HP gig (which I did go to!). And I'm a bigger TW fan then a RS fan (but IORR.org is a nicer place to hang around then TW discussion boards so I hang around here). I knew that a 3rd Quadrophenia gig - after all hassle of traveling and the optional 2nd F&cking Ryanair experience - would be a reduced fun. Something you see as reasonable when you take the city bus from home - not connection flights.

The only thing I'm really sorry about Paris gig was that I didn't bring my 5 year old daughter! the only true RS fan among my kids. With all the spare space I had around me - I could have had great fun with her. Which should have made this concert a true highlight.

Anyway - that's about my personal view/feeling. Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 16:17 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 16, 2014 16:32

Svartmer
The great response to the relatively obcsure song Out of control could hopefully be a hint that it´s possible for them to play some lesser known songs whitout losing the crowd (it´s still a few weeks to Stockholm...)

Definitely, but that's also because they, and Mick in particular, have the crowd in the palm of their hand, everyone around me seemed pretty "transported" during the whole concert, smiles, grins, you name it...granted that was halfway on the catwalk rail. I guess they'd need a good reason to do it, why take chances when it's working out rather well as it is?

Rambling in Paris :

Waiting in the wings, a bit heart-wrenching, that one...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 16, 2014 16:56

What a great pic with Mick T in the background .
You could almost picture him grabbing that tissue and dabbing the tears away. sad smiley

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 16, 2014 17:00

Dust has settled down a bit and my two feet are (almost) touching the ground.
One might call me a cheerleader, hardly trustworthy when it comes to giving objective
reviews, but hell knows I too have had my doubts about the adventure the boys were taking
their fans into with this 14 on Fire tour.

I am not the person to pay huge amounts of money just to be entertained. I never thought
looking at a big video screen from 100 meters or more, was enterainment anyway. Still
I found myself and my daughter in the D6-section of the Stade de France, not only paying
huge amounts of money, but also making loads of costs for travelling and a place to
stay overnight. Looking at a three video screens, because it was never possible to see
the white of the eyes of the band members. Hell, I never even saw the expressions on
their wheathered faces, if it was not for the video screens.

Hey, and I've even had my doubts about the band playing sets that were heavy with
songs I've heard a zillion times before. Many times played better too.

So theoretically, this gig in Paris had all things that would make it a big disappointing
experience.

How come I did end up dancing, feeling gloriously satisfied and floating heaven bound?

I think the two most important reasons are:
The songs: Yeah. Being among 70.000 Parisiens who were responding straight from the heart,
one realizes again how powerful songs like JJF, HTW, SMU, Miss You, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction
really are. Okay, we've heard them before, and we've heard them better (worse too,
I have to add), but show me a person who's able to sit still during the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Woooo's
in the coda of Brown Sugar, and I'tell you there's something wrong with him.

And secondly: the devotion of the band to those songs. How is it possible to put so
much energy in the 1.500th rendition of Satisfaction? The answer is: they really love
the baby they've created. It's not a job. It's taking the song in their craftfull
hands and show it in all its glory to the world. It's not about doing a job. It's not
about making money. It's not about owing something to the world. It's about spreading
the good stuff.

It's abslutely pointless to take one song, listen and look at how they've played it
and comment about false notes, wrong timing or missed lines. It's about giving thousands
of people the best songs the world's ever got to hear and get them shaking their tailfeathers
just fine!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 16, 2014 17:07

dcba
Dean, you're talking about Jagger's outfit for the song?

Yeah, the human feather duster. Dated lyrics. Silly woo-woos.

Date: June 16, 2014 17:09

' The only thing I'm really sorry about Paris gig was that I didn't bring my 5 year old daughter! the only true RS fan among my kids. With all the spare space I had around me - I could have had great fun with her. Which should have made this concert a true highlight.'

I've always thought at the Stones shows there should be a family compound with Dads and Mums with young kids to get a nice and relaxed view of the show.
Seen it so many times,parents with young kids,trying to get them a nice view of the show.
Never gonna happen though unfortunately. As you said, with all the room you had around you at Paris,that would have made that show very special with your daughter.

I agree with some of the things you say in your post Wroclaw and respect yours and everyones opinion.

I guess I've been lucky with seeing The Who live 'cos the 8 times I seen them,has always been in London,when I was living there.
Three gigs were in the '70's with Keith Moon and last two were at Indigo O2 which was smallest venue, and RAH a few years ago.
They still got that magic for me,same as The Stones, and really looking forward to their gigs starting before Christmas in U.K.

Some things make a Rolling Stones gig something special, like meeting up with great fans from all over the world ,meeting by chance someone in the band and having a chat,but as I get older the travelling is the biggest pain. confused smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 16, 2014 17:13

I agree with the space at Paris. I had an aisle seat and was in the aisle along with a bunch of others and no one said a thing. It was very nice and friendly.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 16, 2014 17:45

Plink

Wonderful shots, TE. Thanks for posting. Would you mind sharing the make and model of your new camera and your distance from the stage? I'm shopping for a new camera and, based on your shots, yours looks like it could be a good option.

It's the Canon Powershot S120.
Very happy so far.
I had the front row Ronnie. Around 8-10 "seats" from the cat walk.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 19:41

ROLLING STONES AU STADE DE FRANCE
Jagger : 1. Richards : 0

[gonzai.com]

Il manquait un ingrédient, vendredi soir, au concert des Rolling Stones, mais difficile de déterminer lequel. Lorsque j’aperçois leurs frêles silhouettes au fond de la scène, quelques secondes avant leur entrée, je n’éprouve curieusement aucun frisson. L’impression de regarder quatre gars qui s’apprêtent à faire leur boulot, et non accomplir une tâche héroïque, du genre : sauver le rock’n’roll. Le rockänroll (comme l’orthographiait Daniel Darc) est mort et enterré et ne ressuscitera pas ce soir.

Déjà, il faut faire avec ce son épouvantable. Auraient-ils installé un stagiaire derrière la console ? Les intermittents en grève auraient-ils saboté leur sono ? Et puis, il y a l’état physique de cette bande de survivants… Sur les premiers titres, la voix de Jagger est méconnaissable – ensuite, ça ira en s’améliorant, reconnaissons-le. La frappe de Charlie reste la dernière bouée à laquelle s’accrocher, au milieu d’une bouillie de riffs et de fausses notes qui dégouline des doigts gourds de Keith et Ronnie.

Pour le décorum, la tournée 14 On Fire est en mode « low key ».

La scène est moins spectaculaire que d’habitude et les Stones en ont fini des effectifs pléthoriques. En guise de section cuivres, seuls Bobby Keys et Tim Ries ont été retenus, les chœurs étant assurés par les fidèles Lisa Fischer et Bernard Fowler, exit le vaillant Blondie Chaplin. Au clavier, on retrouve le barbu Chuck Leavell qui, heureusement, s’est débarrassé de son perpétuel – et agaçant – sourire, qui essayait de nous persuader qu’il prenait un sacré bon temps à jouer les utilités. Curieusement, Matt Clifford, présent sur deux titres (au clavier et au cor) ne sera pas cité lors de la traditionnelle présentation des musiciens – sans doute parce qu’en tant que complice des escapades solos de Mick, il n’est pas en odeur de sainteté auprès de Richards.

Après quelques morceaux, il se confirme que quelque chose cloche.

Je n’irais pas jusqu’à exiger un choc esthétique qui m’inspirerait une phrase du genre, « j’ai vu le futur du rock’n’roll », mais simplement un peu de plaisir. Reconnaître les morceaux interprétés aurait suffi à mon bonheur. Hélas, bien malgré eux, les Stones sont touchés par le syndrome Dylan : il faut plusieurs minutes avant de discerner ce qu’ils sont en train de jouer.

Au cours de la première partie du concert, ce sont deux titres récents qui s’en tirent le mieux : Doom and Gloom et Out of Control. Sûrement parce qu’on n’en attendait pas grand-chose. Plus que jamais, Watts et Jagger portent le show sur leurs épaules, ce dernier nous régalant d’un longs solo d’harmonica bluesy sur Out of Control.

mick-taylor-ieuvQuand Mick Taylor rejoint ses ex-collègues, sur Midnight Rambler, le niveau monte provisoirement de deux ou trois crans. Ce qui frappe, c’est qu’en comparaison des seventies, où Wyman et Taylor étaient deux statues de sel posées aux deux coins de la scène, l’ex-nouveau guitariste frétille comme un cabri. Il semble foutrement content d’être là, Mick, et désireux de prouver aux autres (à Jagger, surtout, dont il cherche sans cesse le regard) qu’ils ont fait le bon choix en le réintégrant. À quoi songe-t-il, durant ces dix minutes où il redevient un Rolling Stone ? À ces années perdues ? À sa carrière tombée dans l’anonymat un soir de 1974 ? En tout cas, cette vie brisée lui confère un beau regard triste, humain, réel. Qualités qu’on chercherait en vain chez ses acolytes.

La parenthèse est de courte durée, car déjà Wood et Richards reviennent aux affaires. J’aurais dû acheter les protège-tympans que ce revendeur me proposait, finalement…

Autre sujet d’agacement : ces forêts de smartphones qui masquent régulièrement la scène. Les propriétaires de ces bras tendus semblent ignorer qu’on peut se procurer le DVD du concert de Hyde Park pour une somme modique. Quel intérêt d’emmagasiner des giga-octets d’images mal cadrées ? Ces obsédés de la photo-souvenir ont néanmoins le mérite de pointer du doigt ce qui me tracasse depuis le début : nous, le public, tout comme eux, sur scène, faisons semblant. Nous jouons au concert de rock’n’roll. Aucun acteur ne manque : public, musiciens, vendeurs à la sauvette… Même les C.R.S. sont venus. Sauf qu’en 2014, le rôle de ces derniers n’est plus de dissuader les autonomes d’entrer sans payer, mais d’empêcher les bobos de se faire dépouiller entre le stade et le métro.

En 1976, quand les Stones jouaient aux Abattoirs, ils constituaient une énigme pour les adultes, qui ne comprenaient pas pourquoi leurs enfants aimaient « ça ». Aujourd’hui, l’énigme, c’est pourquoi tout le monde aime les Stones (ou prétend les aimer), la plus mauvaise raison d’aller les écouter en 2014 – et je l’ai beaucoup entendue – étant : « Il s’agit sans doute de leur dernière tournée. » Pour ma part, j’ose avouer que j’y suis allé à la fois par habitude et par masochisme. Les extraits vidéos postés par des fans sur YouTube laissaient craindre le pire. Et le pire s’est produit. Ce pire étant peut-être que le concert n’était pas totalement raté : le cadavre bouge encore et rappelle de temps à autre un groupe de rock’n’roll appelé les Rolling Stones.

Après Satisfaction, le stade s’est vidé dans le calme, tandis que la sono annonçait les prochains concerts : One Direction, Indochine… Je me suis alors souvenu pourquoi j’aimais les Stones plus que n’importe quel autre groupe : ils ne deviendront jamais des professionnels. C’est le plus grand groupe amateur que cette planète ait connu. Rater l’intro d’un morceau qu’on joue depuis cinquante ans, qui d’autre en est capable ? Les Rolling Stones sont une diligence lancée dans le désert avec les Apaches à ses trousses. Parfois, leurs balles font mouche – même si c’est de moins en moins le cas –, mais le vrai suspens consiste à deviner quel essieu cèdera en premier, d’où partira la flèche qui fauchera le cocher, combien de temps les chevaux emballés résisteront à l’attrait du précipice…

À propos de chevaux emballés, leur version tendue de Wild Horses, avec Keith et Ron à l’électrique, n’était pas si mal. En tout cas, mieux qu’en 1972. Tout n’est pas perdu.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 16, 2014 20:37

That picture of Taylor says it all. It's been discussed to death here as even the defenders of the situation deep down know this a cold way to treat him. Say what you want, he's not in the band, special guest, he's happy, et et et.... but rock 'n' roll is supposed to be fun and this is becoming uncool..

Date: June 16, 2014 21:16

Yes, DP. Totally agree with you.

A so human and sad look in the eyes.

Date: June 16, 2014 21:27

To me ,Mick Taylor has the face that is hard to see his true emotions.

He doesn't smile that much ,although he never seems angry.

It was the same in the John Mayall days and when he was lead guitarist in The Rolling Stones.

I felt for him in that pic. but I don't know how he really feels .

Only his close family and friends do, ..............maybe.

I just wish him well in a job that is keeping the money coming in.................but it could all be so much better for Mick T,us fans,and The Rolling Stones. confused smiley

Date: June 16, 2014 21:39

This permanent guest status makes me wonder...

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 16, 2014 22:10

Nice video of the beginning of the show, thanks to the guy who did the upload thumbs up

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 22:18 by Honestman.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 16, 2014 22:23

powerage78
ROLLING STONES AU STADE DE FRANCE
Jagger : 1. Richards : 0

[gonzai.com]

Il manquait un ingrédient, vendredi soir, au concert des Rolling Stones, mais difficile de déterminer lequel. Lorsque j’aperçois leurs frêles silhouettes au fond de la scène, quelques secondes avant leur entrée, je n’éprouve curieusement aucun frisson. L’impression de regarder quatre gars qui s’apprêtent à faire leur boulot, et non accomplir une tâche héroïque, du genre : sauver le rock’n’roll. Le rockänroll (comme l’orthographiait Daniel Darc) est mort et enterré et ne ressuscitera pas ce soir.

Déjà, il faut faire avec ce son épouvantable. Auraient-ils installé un stagiaire derrière la console ? Les intermittents en grève auraient-ils saboté leur sono ? Et puis, il y a l’état physique de cette bande de survivants… Sur les premiers titres, la voix de Jagger est méconnaissable – ensuite, ça ira en s’améliorant, reconnaissons-le. La frappe de Charlie reste la dernière bouée à laquelle s’accrocher, au milieu d’une bouillie de riffs et de fausses notes qui dégouline des doigts gourds de Keith et Ronnie.

Pour le décorum, la tournée 14 On Fire est en mode « low key ».

La scène est moins spectaculaire que d’habitude et les Stones en ont fini des effectifs pléthoriques. En guise de section cuivres, seuls Bobby Keys et Tim Ries ont été retenus, les chœurs étant assurés par les fidèles Lisa Fischer et Bernard Fowler, exit le vaillant Blondie Chaplin. Au clavier, on retrouve le barbu Chuck Leavell qui, heureusement, s’est débarrassé de son perpétuel – et agaçant – sourire, qui essayait de nous persuader qu’il prenait un sacré bon temps à jouer les utilités. Curieusement, Matt Clifford, présent sur deux titres (au clavier et au cor) ne sera pas cité lors de la traditionnelle présentation des musiciens – sans doute parce qu’en tant que complice des escapades solos de Mick, il n’est pas en odeur de sainteté auprès de Richards.

Après quelques morceaux, il se confirme que quelque chose cloche.

Je n’irais pas jusqu’à exiger un choc esthétique qui m’inspirerait une phrase du genre, « j’ai vu le futur du rock’n’roll », mais simplement un peu de plaisir. Reconnaître les morceaux interprétés aurait suffi à mon bonheur. Hélas, bien malgré eux, les Stones sont touchés par le syndrome Dylan : il faut plusieurs minutes avant de discerner ce qu’ils sont en train de jouer.

Au cours de la première partie du concert, ce sont deux titres récents qui s’en tirent le mieux : Doom and Gloom et Out of Control. Sûrement parce qu’on n’en attendait pas grand-chose. Plus que jamais, Watts et Jagger portent le show sur leurs épaules, ce dernier nous régalant d’un longs solo d’harmonica bluesy sur Out of Control.

mick-taylor-ieuvQuand Mick Taylor rejoint ses ex-collègues, sur Midnight Rambler, le niveau monte provisoirement de deux ou trois crans. Ce qui frappe, c’est qu’en comparaison des seventies, où Wyman et Taylor étaient deux statues de sel posées aux deux coins de la scène, l’ex-nouveau guitariste frétille comme un cabri. Il semble foutrement content d’être là, Mick, et désireux de prouver aux autres (à Jagger, surtout, dont il cherche sans cesse le regard) qu’ils ont fait le bon choix en le réintégrant. À quoi songe-t-il, durant ces dix minutes où il redevient un Rolling Stone ? À ces années perdues ? À sa carrière tombée dans l’anonymat un soir de 1974 ? En tout cas, cette vie brisée lui confère un beau regard triste, humain, réel. Qualités qu’on chercherait en vain chez ses acolytes.

La parenthèse est de courte durée, car déjà Wood et Richards reviennent aux affaires. J’aurais dû acheter les protège-tympans que ce revendeur me proposait, finalement…

Autre sujet d’agacement : ces forêts de smartphones qui masquent régulièrement la scène. Les propriétaires de ces bras tendus semblent ignorer qu’on peut se procurer le DVD du concert de Hyde Park pour une somme modique. Quel intérêt d’emmagasiner des giga-octets d’images mal cadrées ? Ces obsédés de la photo-souvenir ont néanmoins le mérite de pointer du doigt ce qui me tracasse depuis le début : nous, le public, tout comme eux, sur scène, faisons semblant. Nous jouons au concert de rock’n’roll. Aucun acteur ne manque : public, musiciens, vendeurs à la sauvette… Même les C.R.S. sont venus. Sauf qu’en 2014, le rôle de ces derniers n’est plus de dissuader les autonomes d’entrer sans payer, mais d’empêcher les bobos de se faire dépouiller entre le stade et le métro.

En 1976, quand les Stones jouaient aux Abattoirs, ils constituaient une énigme pour les adultes, qui ne comprenaient pas pourquoi leurs enfants aimaient « ça ». Aujourd’hui, l’énigme, c’est pourquoi tout le monde aime les Stones (ou prétend les aimer), la plus mauvaise raison d’aller les écouter en 2014 – et je l’ai beaucoup entendue – étant : « Il s’agit sans doute de leur dernière tournée. » Pour ma part, j’ose avouer que j’y suis allé à la fois par habitude et par masochisme. Les extraits vidéos postés par des fans sur YouTube laissaient craindre le pire. Et le pire s’est produit. Ce pire étant peut-être que le concert n’était pas totalement raté : le cadavre bouge encore et rappelle de temps à autre un groupe de rock’n’roll appelé les Rolling Stones.

Après Satisfaction, le stade s’est vidé dans le calme, tandis que la sono annonçait les prochains concerts : One Direction, Indochine… Je me suis alors souvenu pourquoi j’aimais les Stones plus que n’importe quel autre groupe : ils ne deviendront jamais des professionnels. C’est le plus grand groupe amateur que cette planète ait connu. Rater l’intro d’un morceau qu’on joue depuis cinquante ans, qui d’autre en est capable ? Les Rolling Stones sont une diligence lancée dans le désert avec les Apaches à ses trousses. Parfois, leurs balles font mouche – même si c’est de moins en moins le cas –, mais le vrai suspens consiste à deviner quel essieu cèdera en premier, d’où partira la flèche qui fauchera le cocher, combien de temps les chevaux emballés résisteront à l’attrait du précipice…

À propos de chevaux emballés, leur version tendue de Wild Horses, avec Keith et Ron à l’électrique, n’était pas si mal. En tout cas, mieux qu’en 1972. Tout n’est pas perdu.

Agree !!

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 16, 2014 22:42

The Worst.
toomuchforme
Oh and forget about the Stade de France and its POOR sound. No more concerts there. The PA are too far from the bottom (the sound in 2006 and 2007 was better) and no speakers were installed at the back
A 40.000 capacity is about to surface and I hope to see great shows there with a sound as good as the Zenith...
[fr.wikipedia.org]

Were you standing in the back? They had four towers with speakers pointing to the back. Was it just low or actually poor?
Normally, I'll be standing close to the stage, but this time I was sitting on the side in section T5. The sound was superb from my seat, the best I've heard so far on this tour.

As you can see on my vids I was not on the back but far from the stage on E3 section. The sound was vanishing in the air. I know the band has a really good sound even at Stade de France compared to others but this time I had the bad seat.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 17, 2014 00:30

TE

It's the Canon Powershot S120.
Very happy so far.
I had the front row Ronnie. Around 8-10 "seats" from the cat walk.

TE
Oslo

Thanks so much for the info smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 17, 2014 01:36

Here's some nice videos I've found today:

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 17, 2014 03:57

Over on the Vienna thread they're whooping it up and saying it's the best tour ever, Keith is on fire, blah, blah, blah. Is it possible to think that after you've seen other tours? I understand there were some clinkers in 2007 after Keith's head wound, but please. I just watched Tokyo 1990 and Keith is spot on, playing leads and blowing everyone away. If what Keith is now is 'on fire', then what was he in the past, Hiroshima?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:47

I guess people forget how Keith used to play.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 17, 2014 05:45

Watched Keith play Bitch from Paris. Really loose vibrato and seemed in full command and limber. He has not made excuses and is putting out a savage effort. I've seen the guy play all my life and I'm excited as he works his way through his issues. I don't get the fascination for a Keith who was wasted on stage posing and waving at the audience. Laughing out loud like a fat Elvis. The down sides back then were horrendous for both him and Ronnie. I like today's Keith fighting for every note, staying focused and discovering what he can still do. This will have to be good enough as we can't erase the years.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 17, 2014 07:35

YES! It's very good to see Keith giving all that he has left in him. And to know how hard he has been working to do what he loves.

And for everyone who thinks it's really just about the money, Jagger and Watts, to name two others, really love what they do. Or they wouldn't do it.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 17, 2014 10:23

You can see MT standing with Keith at the beginning. What I would give to see him also strapping on his gat... His body language shows that he isnt really that happy with not playing, hands on hips etc. A Ronnie, MT and Keith attack on Sympathy would be insane. One can only dream... Sad thing is that the opportunity is there and it isn't just a complete pipe dream.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 10:32 by erad.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2014 10:38

gotdablouse
Rambling in Paris :

that's a great *.gif did you do it yourself? i have just recently found out how to do that:

don't know about you guys, but i call that some fine dance moves.
it's like somebody managed to wake him up between March and May!

Date: June 17, 2014 11:20

Yes, I did that with an old app I had, ULeag GIF animator but the pics weren't taken in burst mode so there's no real "movement". How did you make yours? Did you start from a video?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2014 11:27

yes, i used the official snippet they put up on youtube. still waiting for something from waldbühne there, but maybe they have better plans with that material ;-) anyway it looks once again like i heavily missed out on a great Paris show. you were at Trabendo too, right?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 17, 2014 12:25

drbryant

By the way, did anyone have seats in the nosebleeds? Were those speaker towers able to get good sound for those in the third tier?

Taking my 15 yo daughter with me (only 1.62 m), I opted for a seat and ended up at the D section
wich is quite high and far away from the stage. The sound was really loud up there, but
despite that, it was possible to hear every single note and not just a glorious mess.

Once Keith was wearing the LP junior, something changed in the mix though. His guitar
licks were high above everyone else, at least from my point of view. Though I love what
he played, I did not think that helped the over all quality of the songs. I prefer
the combined effort of all members. It was a bit like the way Scorsese mixed the Shine
a Light movie.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 17, 2014 12:33

Good to hear they had the sound under control there. So much progress compared to the "Parc des Princes" shows in 1990 where there was an annoying delay between the pictures and the sound in the back of the stadium. The price to pay are the midfield towers/tents that block the view in GA...

Nikkei
yes, i used the official snippet they put up on youtube. still waiting for something from waldbühne there, but maybe they have better plans with that material ;-) anyway it looks once again like i heavily missed out on a great Paris show. you were at Trabendo too, right?

Yeah, an unbelievable run really after a 10 year self-imposed hiatus (wanted to stay on the Oakland 2002 "high" after a disappointing Pacbell stadium show in the stands) : Trabendo, Bondy Rehearsal, O2/Pit, HP1/HP2 T1/T3FOS, SDF Pit...

What software did you use to "decimate" the video?

--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home