Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 15, 2014 22:05

Amazing all these reviews-pics-clips, here on IORR. Thanks

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: June 15, 2014 22:05

powerage78
French prime minister was there too.

Not only:
Le Premier ministre Manuel Valls, entouré du ministre de l'Intérieur Bernard Cazeneuve et du président de l'Assemblée nationale Claude Bartolone, ainsi que le tout-Paris médiatique, étaient aux premières loges pour assister à ce qui pourrait être la dernière tournée des quatre Anglais.

This time Mick didn't try to welcome publicly the prime minister like in 2007 (Fillon got whistled at by the crowd) cool smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 23:03

Just my luck, best stadium show, best crowd etc. and unfortunately I have to miss it.

But a big thanks for all the pictures, videos and reports.

And Im glad that everybody enjoyed the show.

Think I will have to compensate with a Paris poster and t-shirt and probably the skull vodka set.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 15, 2014 23:14

dear Odean 73
I hope your wife is getting better
Regards

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 15, 2014 23:26

djgab
dear Odean 73
I hope your wife is getting better
Regards

Thanks for your thoughts.thumbs up

There has been a few set backs with infections etc. but slowly but surely every day seems slightly better.

Once again thanks.

Date: June 15, 2014 23:28

A couple more pictures.......memories of a fine gig......

She rocks......

Discussions.......

Looking good........

The salute........
[/URL]

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:06

Haven't watched tru the videos...
Hope Ronnie is caught there with his running. P'ed myself laughing.
One thing is being out at the B-stage sort of, then running like mad all the way out to the "Ronnie wing" (which he never use). Then finish the song out at the end of Keith's wing. WTF... Think is was Miss You. All in a minute or so at the end.

Re the Struts.
Well, Spinal Tap live. Wasn't that bad, just that it ws a bit too much, way too much.
You know they started late when you heard the same Amy Winehouse song and Dwight Yoakam's "Guitar Cadilacs etc" for the third time prior to the start.
But I hope they got a warning before they pulled the plug. Was a bit rough.

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 00:07 by TE.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:10

Mick Taylor looks very healthy the last few shows..

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:29

Alexandra assisting Pierre or surprising Keith before YGAGWYW

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 16, 2014 00:46

She was jumping and dancing like mad at one point behind Charlie.
Fun!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:36

Some of the tee shirts at Stade de France:

old and new and a many others...
http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/06/rolling-stones-tee-shirt-stade-de.html

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:43

rockerparis
Some of the tee shirts at Stade de France:

old and new and a many others...
http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/06/rolling-stones-tee-shirt-stade-de.html

I think I saw you/the photographer - you wore white snickers? (and took my shirts picture near the merch stand...)

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: June 16, 2014 10:48

No it'wasn't me, I never wear white sneakers...

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:17

TE

"So, you do it like that?"

Well, I prefer it like this!

Wonderful shots, TE. Thanks for posting. Would you mind sharing the make and model of your new camera and your distance from the stage? I'm shopping for a new camera and, based on your shots, yours looks like it could be a good option.

Date: June 16, 2014 12:24

HP1 last summer was my first Stones show and I loved it, but this gig in Paris was something else! Absolutely sensational on every level. The Stones were monumental and the Parisian crowd really helped to make the gig such a special occasion. You could have cut that atmosphere with a knife: beautiful, energetic, responsive, giving so much love to the band and all those amazing songs. Magnifique Paris!

Has anyone on here mentioned the lovely little moment after Mick introduced Keith and they exchanged a little handshake as Keith headed to the mic stand?

Oh, and a wonderfully unexpected bonus to a sensational Stones weekend in Paris was that we met Mick Taylor the morning after the gig! He was mooching around the Tuileries Garden area with (presumably) his wife and daughter and, having spotted my girlfriend in her Stones vest and pointing her out, we just had enough time to tell him how much we'd enjoyed the previous nights gig and what an absolute legend he is. I kind of wish I'd asked him for a photo now, but I didn't want to overly hassle the fella when he was chilling with his family.

All in all, it was one of the best weekends of my life and I just hope that I get at least one more chance to rock out live again with those incredible Rolling Stones. The greatest rock 'n' roll band the world will ever see!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:33

Hello, allow me to paste my review also here in the forum:

The fine line between a good - even very good - and a great Stones' show is usually drawn by Keith Richards, because whenever his performance is set to a high level, that is almost a guarantee of a superb concert.
The show held at Stade De France for the 14 On Fire tour indeed was no exception to this rule.

In fact, Keith Richards carried the show from start to finish with focus, mastery and even showmanship, driving the band throughoutly and in total control. As a fan said on his way back into the RER B to the CDG airport, in a few words "Keith was f**king smoking tonight ". And he was indeed!

The concert kicked off with "Jumping Jack Flash ", which proved once again to be the perfect opener, and followed with a setlist without particular surpries in it.

However, "You Got Me Rocking " was surprisingly good, due mainly to Keith's job either on the sound of his guitar and on his solo, which simply rocked.

"Wild Horses" was very well and poignantly performed, and later "Out Of Control " rocked the house once again. Just like in Berlin, this number featured a very close interplay between Keith and Mick. This song really deserves to be constantly included in the setlist, and it's very interesting how enthusiastically the audience reacts after hearing it even if beforehand didn't know the song at all.

By the first songs it was already clear that Keith was totally on fire, and his set showed it once again. "Can't Be Seen" was really good and without particular mistakes.

In "Midnight Rambler" the three guitars roared throughout the song, the sound was mean (in a good way, of course) and Mick seemed possessed. He just makes the people forget about his age, and is still THE one who puts out the best show in this business.

The final home run through the usual warhorses was glorious."Gimme Shelter" in particular was much better than in more recent occasions, and "Sympathy For The Devil" sounded great as well. Albeit not so overwhelming as in Zurich, "Satisfaction" rocked hard as well with Keith in the spotlight.

The overall atmosphere was not so intimate and friendly as in Zurich, but the Stade De France is a wonderful venue and the odiens really had fun. The crowd went particularly nuts on Charlie's introduction by Mick, and also during "Miss You".

The sound was muddier than in Zurich, but got better as the concert progressed. During "Bitch" the guitars were so loud that I could barely hear the horns. I mean, now we're talking!!!

As pointed out in many other comments, the Stones are really managing to live up to the name of the tour: they indeed are "On Fire", and you can tell they are getting better and better the more gigs they perform. As this concert in Paris has been one of the best out of the twenty I've witnessed so far, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming gigs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-16 14:11 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: divinocalvo ()
Date: June 16, 2014 12:52

"In fact, Keith Richards carried the show from start to finish with focus, mastery and even showmanship, driving the band throughoutly and in total control."
Seriously ? I don't agree with you. It is time for him to stop now. He was briiliant at 02 in 2012 but in Paris ... Just to quote one song : Sympathy was a disaster for him.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 16, 2014 13:04

divinocalvo
Just to quote one song : Sympathy was a disaster for him.

In Keith's partial defense, Sympathy is a disaster for everyone.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 16, 2014 13:24

Dean, you're talking about Jagger's outfit for the song?

Date: June 16, 2014 13:26

DeanGoodman
divinocalvo

While my position - sound wise - was not good in Paris I must say I cannot understand how in the case of SFTD anyone can claim it was good. YES - if this is your first concert in a long time, but for someone who already saw a RS concert since 2013?

I thought it was irritating.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: June 16, 2014 13:45

Wroclaw
DeanGoodman
divinocalvo

While my position - sound wise - was not good in Paris I must say I cannot understand how in the case of SFTD anyone can claim it was good. YES - if this is your first concert in a long time, but for someone who already saw a RS concert since 2013?

I thought it was irritating.

I thought all of them got lost in the second half of SFD - each seemed to play a different part, complete chaos. But that's Stones live.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 16, 2014 13:49

The great response to the relatively obcsure song Out of control could hopefully be a hint that it´s possible for them to play some lesser known songs whitout losing the crowd (it´s still a few weeks to Stockholm...)

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 14:00

We were in Pelouse Or and though the sound was superb, apart from the first 30 seconds or so of JJF, the guitars certainly cut through the air with ear splitting clarity.

I thought Keith was really good throughout and can more than live with a hiccup on SFTD.

A hugely enjoyable night, I really could not imagine the next 10 years without anymore Stones gigs (after Australia I mean!).

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 16, 2014 14:04

I love reading all these great positive posts about how good this show was.

I wish I could have been there.

There are also posts from a couple of people who were there,that makes me think, ' Do they really like The Stones and their music ? '.

I suppose it takes a lot to please some people,but I've seen about 20 gigs now,and I have looked forward so much to every gig,and every one has been great to watch and listen to.
Doesn't matter if it's been FOS or way back,have enjoyed every single one. >grinning smiley<

Date: June 16, 2014 14:26

Being a fan, does that mean being deaf and idiot ? Does it mean always thinking the last show was the best ever ?

Date: June 16, 2014 14:50

crawdaddy
I love reading all these great positive posts about how good this show was.

I wish I could have been there.

There are also posts from a couple of people who were there,that makes me think, ' Do they really like The Stones and their music ? '.

I suppose it takes a lot to please some people,but I've seen about 20 gigs now,and I have looked forward so much to every gig,and every one has been great to watch and listen to.
Doesn't matter if it's been FOS or way back,have enjoyed every single one. >grinning smiley<

So - let's sum it up then:

1. you were not there.
2. you think that people who were there, but posted reviews that were less than the most enthusiastic about each and every second are not favoring the RS and their music (but traveled to Paris just so they can post bad reviews).
3. your personal taste in regards to "what should be a 100% enjoyable RS concert" should be the standard for all those who like the RS and their music, while those who do not follow this pattern are excluded from the club.

SO - maybe we should ask BV to create 2 separate threads for concert reviews: one only with super-super favorable reviews (BV can create a template for this one - just replace keywords here and there). The other should have a pop up window with a warning (that the reader should press "I AGREE" in order to get to the actual thread) saying "The content of the following thread might contain expressions or phrases that real RS fans might see as offensive".

Date: June 16, 2014 15:29

You are right Wroclaw
Who can say one is a GOOD fan and other a BAD fan ?
You have to respect tastes and opinions, not dictate a Fan code

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:32

I appreciate everybody likes differant things when it comes to a concert, in way of standing,sitting ,setlist,sound etc.

I guess I must be very easy to please after seeing The Rolling Stones play live many times,and enjoyed each and every show.

Buzzin' for a few days after a Stones show.................or most gigs I go to.

Not a bad thing really to feel like that. >grinning smiley<

Went to see a good covers band on the beach at Mojacar here in Spain yesterday late afternoon and had a ball.

Just giving anyone reading this thread,my feelings about experience of watching and listening to The Rolling Stones.

I was just giving this thread my observation of positive posts and negative posts about the Paris show.
Not saying I'm right or wrong or asking everyone to agree with me.

We are all entitled to an opinion,as you have just told me yours,and I'm just saying mine. smileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2014 15:44

divinocalvo
You are right Wroclaw
Who can say one is a GOOD fan and other a BAD fan ?
You have to respect tastes and opinions, not dictate a Fan code

I appreciate what you are saying, however, I have decided not to go on these particular threads of individual concerts because I don't want to piss on the parade of those whose ears have not abandoned them yet. If they get a charge out of what is now being presented, more power to them. I'm a little jealous that they can still get the old thrill I used to get from listening to the Stones live. Cheers.

Date: June 16, 2014 15:45

Well Crawdaddy you seem to assume what you wrote then : "There are also posts from a couple of people who were there,that makes me think, ' Do they really like The Stones and their music ? '"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home