Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 14, 2014 20:43

Manofwealthandtaste

Many many thanks for the great pics

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 21:03 by bv.

Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2014 21:02

Super show hier soir. Je me suis éclaté Quel public incroyable !

@MickJagger
_____

Joe Walsh stops by in Paris

[instagram.com]

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 14, 2014 21:08

Neighbours
Midnight Rambler (Bart Billen)
[youtu.be]

You Got The Silver (Bluefairy)
[youtu.be] (Missing a few seconds)
Can't Be Seen (Bluefairy)

Great Rambler

Date: June 14, 2014 21:13

maumau
OOC

Wow! Breaking out in goosebumps all over! Would also love to see Saint Of Me added to the setlist as the lead in song to Sympathy. How about that?

Date: June 14, 2014 21:16

Captainchaos
Neighbours
Midnight Rambler (Bart Billen)
[youtu.be]

You Got The Silver (Bluefairy)
Can't Be Seen (Bluefairy)

Great Rambler

I honestly have NEVER heard a "Rambler" that wasn't great! But even greater with Mick Taylor!

Re: Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Date: June 14, 2014 21:31

Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones

Damn does Mick look good in Royal Purple!smoking smiley

He does, except that I'm a bit alarmed by his ribs sticking out. confused smiley Keith on the other hand looks healthier every time I see him, yay! In fact they all look good ( = healthy) right now. smiling smiley

Absolutely! They have turned back the clock eleven years to 2003! I still have to pinch myself to convince myself I am not dreaming this. The Impossible Dream has come true!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 14, 2014 22:28

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 22:29 by EasterMan.

Date: June 14, 2014 22:28

RoyalPurpleStones
Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones

He does, except that I'm a bit alarmed by his ribs sticking out. confused smiley Keith on the other hand looks healthier every time I see him, yay! In fact they all look good ( = healthy) right now. smiling smiley

Absolutely! They have turned back the clock eleven years to 2003! I still have to pinch myself to convince myself I am not dreaming this. The Impossible Dream has come true!

They may look healthy but they do certainly not sound as good as they did eleven years ago!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2014 22:52

Midnight Rambler is as good as I thought it was! Wow, now clocking in at 13-1/2 minutes!

Date: June 14, 2014 22:56

EasterMan
RoyalPurpleStones
Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones

They may look healthy but they do certainly not sound as good as they did eleven years ago!

OK. Just curious, how do you think "Rambler" of 2003 compares to "Rambler" today with Mick Taylor?

Date: June 14, 2014 23:11

RoyalPurpleStones
EasterMan
RoyalPurpleStones
Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones

OK. Just curious, how do you think "Rambler" of 2003 compares to "Rambler" today with Mick Taylor?

I think the 2014 versions are really good. Still, Midnight Rambler in 2003 was played faster than now and sounded more powerful back then. It's still today a great live song but I don't think it benefits from being played at a slower tempo.

Posted by: StickyFingers78 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 23:12

Super concert! quelle claque! Comme l'a dit Mick ils nous ont bien "zlatané"!!
J'étais en pelouse mais l'arrivée à 12h m'a permis d'être devant la barrière! bonne ambiance et quelle énergie des Stones, des chansons superbement interprétées. Des frissons sur le finale de Gimme Shelter qui était super!

J'espère qu'on aura l'occasion de les revoir en France smiling smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 14, 2014 23:29

EasterMan
RoyalPurpleStones
Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones

Well, I was at Stade de France in 2003 and yesterday.
Both shows were excellent. On a general note I can say that the guitars are way more upfront in the mix now than back in 2003. On the Licks tour they relied much more on backing musicians than now.

Posted by: divinocalvo ()
Date: June 14, 2014 23:36

This concert was just a disaster I am sorry What is the interest to pay 150 euros to watch a screen and hear an HORRIBLE sound ? I am a fan I saw them 7 times since 82 lucky enough to attend Olympia Bercy and 02 shows so this concert is the worst of them I have ever seen Mick Did the job but nothing compared to O2 2012
Keith was too loud, couldnt play any decent solo I am sorry I couldnt hear Charlie ! I should nave left them at O2 that was a great show !

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: June 14, 2014 23:40

I was sitting in section S16 (tier 3), Cat 1 seat yesterday. A great view, but far. Someone here asked about how it sounded, and I would say it sounded good from OOC and the rest of the show. Weak sound in the beginning, and also muffled and fluctuating due to the light wind and the distance from the speakers. This improved as the sound got louder and the breeze calmed. It was a great, enjoyable show. No scarf messing up the intro to SMU tonight. Left immediately after Satisfaction was finished, hurried to the Metro and were at Montparnasse 00:10.
Here is some pictures from my seat. The first one from ca 19:30, the next at 21 and the 3rd at 21:30.
19:25.

20:55

21:30

Date: June 14, 2014 23:51

how can you say the sound was good ?? could you distincty hear each instrument ? Drums for instance ? Voice was loud and just a big mix behind with sometimes Keith far too loud And what means "good view but far"? means you stared at the screens during the whole show didnt you ?

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:06

Yeah, the sound started to improve from OOC, and I thought it was nice to sit in a 130€ seat and watch the show from a distance (and no, I did not watch the screens). Since this was the 17th time and I will see them once more this tour I don't need to see every wrinkle and the white in their eyes, and have my ears blast out every time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-15 00:13 by GeorgV.

Posted by: Nem ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:14

I had never been to a Stones show before, and it was definitely the best gig I've ever been to!
I didn't know what to except because I hadn't managed to get tickets for the pelouse so I was sitting (C8), but actually it didn't matter. People around were always dancing and screaming and it's a pretty great feeling to be overlooking the stadium with all these people (haha)(the light effects looked better). Also the way everybody singing ringed up here was mind blowing (You Can't Always Get What You Want!!!!).
The sound was not perfect that's right but it didn't matter to me except on Sympathy because we couldn't hear the solo properly.
I had goose bumps and my biggest smile from JJF to Satisfaction.
It's hard to pick highlights but : GIMME SHELTER

I'm going to start saving money from tomorrow on in case this is not their last tour so I can't get 'pelouse or' and experience a whole new thing (though I'm not going to expect that too much)

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:17

images from Le Parisien

le parisien

Date: June 15, 2014 00:30

"to improve" doesnt mean that is a good sound But still it seems many fans can be happy with a few. or may be they are already deaf ? Or may be they only go to stadium shows ? Hard to understand for me
I definitely prefer "Yquem" to "Monbazillac" (French wines)

Date: June 15, 2014 00:34

Keith played a solo on Sympathy ? I am afraid he just couldnt yesterday Whereas he did a great one on last O2 concert

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:36

The show was terrific. I attended all the previous Stones gigs at SDF. The 2014 gig sounds like the best one at this venue.
Keith, Mick J., Charlie and Ronnie did a real great performance and Darryl Jones as well.

Charlie has been introduced before Ronnie, which is unusual. Usually the introduction order is: Ronnie, Charlie and Keith at last. Anyway, they all got a long big ovation.
I wish that an official DVD will be released soon.
Great show and great night.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:52

As an older fan,Georges,but 10 years younger than our boys. >grinning smiley<

I would say that I would be happy with your seats.

At my age, a decent seat with a great view and sound is an advantage as being in a sardine can.

I know you can get GC for big bucks ,but LD I have been lucky with great seats.

No tix yet for Madrid,but if my good luck holds out,something good will happen. winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 15, 2014 01:10

Agree that Keith barely played the first SFTD solo but the second one was a bit better.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 15, 2014 01:17

divinocalvo
how can you say the sound was good ?? could you distincty hear each instrument ? Drums for instance ? Voice was loud and just a big mix behind with sometimes Keith far too loud And what means "good view but far"? means you stared at the screens during the whole show didnt you ?

The sound can vary a lot depending on your seat and position within the venue,
especially in a big stadium like Stade de Frane. From my seat in section T5, I thought the sound was good and clear.

And your concert experience is not only based on the music and the show alone. If you've been standing in the sun for 4-5 hours waiting without eating and drinking, it affects your mood. The standing area at the far back last night, looked so packed and overcrowded, that I felt sorry for all those people inside that wanted to go to the toilet or buy a bottle of water.

Date: June 15, 2014 01:37

i was in carré or G8 supposed to be the best seat I heard many complains about the sound on the way to subway. I am definitely not a mass event fan anyway so I will stay with Olympia 95 Bercy 2004 and 02 2012

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 15, 2014 01:41

I have been lucky enuff to catch regular VIP Pelouse seats the first day they were available, and I should say that they worth all the money invested (111 € each).
I chose a spot at the end of the catwalk and the sound was clear and very good except 3 tech troubles.First one on JJF the first two lines no big deal, second one during Lisa's singing of GS which kinda ruined the end of the song because we got an awful echo which last 1 minute or so.Same things happened also on SFTD.
The show itself was awesome, in less than one minute you were already in, Keith didn't miss any of the well known intro and played pretty good.
Overall one of the best show of the Stones in the Stade de France.

Some of my pics below

HMN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-15 04:48 by Honestman.

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: June 15, 2014 02:16

Garanteed Satisfaction last night in Paris with Serge and Julie and Myriam
Merci à stephane dit l'ecureuil pour cette magnique vidéo....
Satisfaction 13/06/2014 Stade de France

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-15 12:18 by no satisfaction.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: June 15, 2014 03:25

Honestman
I have been lucky enuff to catch regular VIP Pelouse seats the first day they were available, and I should say that they worth all the money invested (111 € each).
I chose a spot at the end of the catwalk and the sound was clear and very good except 3 tech troubles.First one on JJF the first two lines no big deal, second one during Lisa's singing of GS which kinda ruined the end of the song because we got an awful echo which last 1 minute or so.Same things happened also on SFTD.
The show itself was awesome, in less than one minute you were already in, Keith didn't miss any of the well known intro and played pretty good.
Overall one of the best show of the Stones in the Stade de France.

Some of my pics below

Fantastic shots HM...smiling smiley

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 15, 2014 03:52

Is it impossible to scale down some of those photos? Smaller size photos are usually more reviewable than larger ones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home