Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:23

Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()

Re: Paris 13 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Dreamer ()

Cristiano Radtke: what a reporter...!
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer
Just got back from a business meeting & diner and had to say this.

Shitty setlist by the way spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:25

alimente
Best setlist in years. Wonder what's coming up next!

One of the funniest posts ever! Good work.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:26

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke: what a reporter...!
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer
Just got back from a business meeting & diner and had to say this.

Shitty setlist by the way spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks, Dreamer. smileys with beer

Date: June 14, 2014 01:37

And thanks a lot to bye bye johnny, always posting the best photos after the concert. thumbs up

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:40

The place was packed. Glad everyone made it despite the railworkers strike. I decided that since I'm going to Stockholm, I sacrificed "Satisfaction" to get a couple of T-Shirts and make it to the metro ahead of everyone else.

I thought Midnight Rambler was pretty good tonight - could someone please post it? Thanks.

Date: June 14, 2014 01:45

drbryant
The place was packed. Glad everyone made it despite the railworkers strike. I decided that since I'm going to Stockholm, I sacrificed "Satisfaction" to get a couple of T-Shirts and make it to the metro ahead of everyone else.

I thought Midnight Rambler was pretty good tonight - could someone please post it? Thanks.

I did the same at the Lisbon concert, and I'm not regretful. cool smiley

Date: June 14, 2014 01:47

Here's the first videos:

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:49

I stayed til after they bowed and jumped right on the metro. There was no need to sacrifice Satisfaction.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:50

Hum... so now for three concerts they only change two songs?! That's not a lot!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:59

Man. That was great!
Some years ago, after the licks tour, I had got
The idea that stadium shows were not worth the
Trouble or the money. How wrong I was. It was
A roller coaster ride from JJf to satisfaction. And there was no escape.
Highlights to me were Wild Horses, Out of Control and quite frankly Start me up, without any scarfed up notes. It was great.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:00

some pics I made

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:09

Just got back to the hotel.

Way TO the SDF I did with a RER so packed that I would think that cattle on their way to the slaughterhouse would get better conditions from a sadist driver. Going down at the station involved pushing and elbowing and I swear that hadn't I known little French I would have thought that "pardon" is the word people say when they elbow you in your kidney.

Back to the story: Arrived to SDT at 17:30. Spent hald an hour at the merch. Got what I want.

I had only Perlouse tickets - and here my report get the readers warning of "wait for other reports". This position was sh*t. As early as I arrived I could have got some of the best spots in this section even at 21:00. And why? well... since all the perlouse area is cr*p. End of a flat field - lots of towers and tents blocking your view.... someone said that Parisians are not too tall. Well... many French girls around me, dancing, screeming and chain smoking were of the XS size, but there are enough Parisians of the XXL. And enough at my front. Dancing near and with some of these French (rather young) fans was the highlight in many aspects.

Sound at the Perlouse was unstable - in some songs OK - in many: bad, unstable and with whole channels unheard (though you can see Keith playing on the screen some solo). There was a disturbing echo and occasionaly the sound was of what I might describe as "sounf check in an emty stadium". So - I canot say how was the show actually for the lucky ones standing on front.

Some short comments about songs -

JJF: I think something was wrong with the mix at the first 1 minute. I couldnt hear Jagger at all.

Mignight Rambler - THE Highlught! they were on fire! Taylor burned the stage as well as Ronnie. During Ronnies solo Taylor hugged him like a father hugging his son.

GS - Was OK.

SFTD - Keith was totally off. The percusions, effects, MJ and keybords kept the song from falling apart.

BS - Anothe highlight.

MY - less than OK. The crowd blew the stadium on this one, which again reminds us what the crowds want as opposed to what hardcore fans want.

Keith songs - DAMN the French LOVVVVEEEE Keith! and he loves them! were'nt his songs supposed to be a &*$$ break? the crowd went crazy during these two songs - which were very good, BDW.

There were some glitches, here and there. Do not recall. Hard for me to tell if it was my position or were there parts that were weak for all.

The warmup gig was cut in the middle of a song. They actually slashed their song half way and shut their mic's!

Crowd was really great. Too much cigarette smoke, but wasn't expecting otherwise. The departure of the SDT was done in an organized way. Guess the security issue is serious in those areas: riot Police as well as an army unit with assault rifles were noticed (eye rolling smiley). Had enough of the RER for 10 years so went to the Metro. Arrived pretty quick.

Am happy. Guess this might be my last RS gig ever. Cheers.

Date: June 14, 2014 02:11

Midnight Rambler:

Bitch:

The official video of IORR:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 03:24 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:16

Never mind the setlist. Never mind the hässle with different gates and which gate to go to, or even the chaos at doors/security.
You gotta be there to experience it. The atmosphere was good, the Weather was great, Mick was more into it than in Berlin (I thought)...

Only glaring mistakes to me were Keith totally messing up the Wild Horses intro and missing his cue on Rambler at the "Well you heard about the Boston..." and Mick mixing up the first two verses on Satisfaction.

I got a spot at the B-stage on Keith's side. First I was on Ronnie's side where we entered but I noticed all this empty space on Keith's side.

From back there you see the whole stage and there is no bass distortion, sound-wise very clear. During the first few lines of JJF Mick was low on volume but they quickly corrected it.

Satisfied again.

On to Vienna.

BTW I got the VIP gifts for free from a nice couple. Poster and tour book, not much.

Those early entry people effectively man the rail pretty well all the way to the B-stage!

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:18

BowieStone
I stayed til after they bowed and jumped right on the metro. There was no need to sacrifice Satisfaction.

Same for me >grinning smiley<

Good concert, but I don't know if sometimes it's the sound of the place or the musicians who did some "couacs". spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

My highlights: Wild Horses, Out Of Control, Gimme Shelter and of course Midnight Rambler.

Great crowd, I had a VIP seat, great view but next time I think I'd prefer to come back in the pit, more ambiance.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:23

odean73
schwonek
powerage78

Looks sold out!

Looks like somebody pinched my two seats Lol

winking smiley. thumbs up
How's the wife, Odean?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:27

I thought it was a very good and professional gig. A step up again from the Waldbühne.

It all comes down to Brown Sugar. Yes, a warhorse, and the reason why I would not complain about setlists. If that one rocks and grooves, you know you saw a great gig. I just didn't want Brown Sugar to stop. Just the feeling I had at the second O2 gig.
I prefer a good rockin warhorse above a trainwreck of a rarity.

Mick sang Wild Horses beautifully. OOC was great as always. A good Rambler. Bitch sounded good. Certainly much better than Hyde Park, but that's not difficult. Keith did a nice job on his solos. I never cringed... well, maybe once or twice but that's just Keith.

They got right into the gig, altough a bit of soundtroubles in JJF. As stated above, Mick wasn't audible in the first line. But from then on, it kinda rocked... and pretty good too.

Next stop: Düsseldorf.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2014 02:59

Great show. Great crowd. Great weather. Great venue. I would not replace one single song in the setlist tonight. Thank you Paris. Thank you France!

Reports and pictures here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 14, 2014 03:20

BowieStone

It all comes down to Brown Sugar. Yes, a warhorse, and the reason why I would not complain about setlists. If that one rocks and grooves, you know you saw a great gig. I just didn't want Brown Sugar to stop. Just the feeling I had at the second O2 gig.
I prefer a good rockin warhorse above a trainwreck of a rarity.

The last great version of Brown Sugar I heard was in Columbus 2005, and I've seen many shows since. Brown Sugar needs to be played faster and thighter than it is now to sound good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 03:30 by EasterMan.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 14, 2014 03:59

Wow! What a show... Exhausted right now, but I have to write down a few memories while they're fresh.

This must have been one of the greatest stadium shows in the era of stadium rock.
First of all: Stade de France is a magic venue for The Rolling Stones.
The Paris crowd is always warm, passionate and loud. It was a magic evening inside this fantastic stadium.
The interactions between the crowd and the band were amazing to be a part of.
I would say that the band communicated better with this big crowd of 80 000+ (the stadium was packed) than they did in Berlin's more intimate Waldbühne.
And although Waldbüne was a very good show, with amazing versions of Rambler, Flash and Shelter, I thought Paris was a better, more solid show with full pace and energy from start to finish.

For almost 2,5 hours, Mick was constantly running and dancing around, not standing still for a single second. But we all know that Mick is a super athlete and a marathon runner, even at the age 70.

I want to dedicate a few words to Keith instead. The man has been subject for much criticism the last couple of years, especially from so called hardcore fans. I just want to say, for the record, that Keith Richards was outstanding tonight. From the first riff of Jumpin’ to the last riff of Satisfaction, he was bang on and focused. A few memories worth to mention:

Jumpin' Jack Flash sounded as mean as ever before, followed by a great version of You Got Me Rocking. The guitar sound of Keith's Telecaster was sharp, crisp, clear and loud.
On IORR, he played some really cool and dirty Chuck Berry licks. His solo was spot on. Probably one of the best versions in a long while.
On Tumbling Dice, he kept the groove going throughout the song - rolling on that famous ending riff forever without spoiling it with unnecessary posing and unfitting licks.
Wild Horses was a highlight. Again equipped with a Telecaster, Keith swept elegantly between the chords - almost copying the fantastic playing from Knebworth '76 (believe it or not).

Out of Control was pure, devilish magic, when Keith and Mick interacted on the catwalk and dueling with mean harmonica and hammering guitar riffs, with Charlie’s solid drumming as a platform. It sounded so awesome, and the crowd responded so well, that it was just like a true carbon copy from the Bridges to Babylon tour.

His voice was clear on Silver and Can’t Be Seen.

On Rambler, he guided the band through this very tricky blues jam in a way that only Keith Richards can do. And the opening riffs on Start Me Up and Brown Sugar was (at least as I remember) flawless.

I could say a lot more about this show, but now I’m too tired.
Can’t wait to see them again!

Good night.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 14, 2014 04:10

And I forgot to mention: Gimme Shelter was FANTASTIC.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2014 04:10

BowieStone

That and can't you just buy the t-shirts online and have them delivered?

Missing Satisfaction is like the price of two t-shirts!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2014 04:17

maradona
From RS official Facebook-Page:

"Tonight the Rolling Stones played their first gig at the Stade De France since 2007, where they rocked a sold out crowd with a 19 song set. The band treated fans to classics such as 'Wild Horses' and 'Miss You', along with rarities 'Doom And Gloom', and song vote winner 'Bitch'.
The show marks the lucky 7th gig of their 14 date tour of Europe.
The Rolling Stones are now heading to Vienna, Austria, where they will play the Ernst Happel Stadium this Monday, 16th June."

eye popping smiley
Maybe we should make an effort to clarify what fans consider to be "rarities"?!

Songs that get no radio play.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 14, 2014 04:49

It was a great show indeed, tons of energy, both from the band and from the crowd. Your latest Stones concert is always the best one because it's such a joy each time but I agree that this one was really good. I suppose it lacked a "rarity" to really stand out? The sound of the guitars on "Wild Horses" was to die for, absolutely crystal clear. So yeah Keith got it off to a somewhat shaky start but that got fixed quickly. As mentioned his dueling with Mick on OOC was quite a sight as well.

We also got a WC line (final between France and England) and a local artist "by request" joke ("Allumez le feu by J.Halliday). I would have prefered SFM to Bitch I think but it was indeed nice to have a tight version after the HP1 "wreck" courtesy of GC Jr.

Rambler was a bit of a disappointment compared to the O2/1 version (and even the HP versions). I think they don't give Taylor enough "air" anymore to lay on his beautiful licks. It's very loud and busy now that Keith drives it a lot more, almost as much as when they played it on the B-Stage in San Jose in 1999. I suppose it's a good thing overall but it's harder for Taylor to "surge" as he did at the O2.

And yeah, BS, wow...neither the crowd or the band wanted it to end, has it been that long in recent concerts?

I think I got some good pics, will sort them tomorrow and post them, well here are two, lots of happy faces ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: June 14, 2014 04:55

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: June 14, 2014 05:15

Re: Rolling Stones - Paris, 13 June 2014
Date: June 14, 2014 06:04

bye bye johnny

Damn does Mick look good in Royal Purple!smoking smiley

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 14, 2014 09:15

bv
Great show. Great crowd. Great weather. Great venue. I would not replace one single song in the setlist tonight.

I would ! eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home