Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Our Lads The Glimmers
Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 19:08

I would respectfully disagree with the point that their relationship "doesn't matter". I think the mythology of the Mick- Keith partnership is a key reason The Stones have endured for so long and why so many people maintain their interest.

Something about these 2 childhood friends reuniting on the train stand and then going on to form the Rock and Roll archetypes of lead singer/ guitarist just resonates w people.

I'd liek to think that, in his own way, wjatever Keith did to support Mick through his recent tough times was meaningful to Mick.

Sentimental Sod is all I am I guess.....

Posted by: TurkuStonesFan ()
Date: June 17, 2014 19:21

CMH516
I would respectfully disagree with the point that their relationship "doesn't matter". I think the mythology of the Mick- Keith partnership is a key reason The Stones have endured for so long and why so many people maintain their interest.

Something about these 2 childhood friends reuniting on the train stand and then going on to form the Rock and Roll archetypes of lead singer/ guitarist just resonates w people.

I'd liek to think that, in his own way, wjatever Keith did to support Mick through his recent tough times was meaningful to Mick.

+1

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:17

sharing a mike together (almost) - who would have thought it a year ago ? Who is for girl with the faraway eyes then ......

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:41

HTW used to be the best mike share. Definitely a highlight of the Let's Spend The Night Together movie.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2014 01:50

Me too...silly how much it means to many of us, but there it is. See Mick and Keith? It doesn't take much to make your fans happy.smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:43

Mick and Keith the best of pals again? I guess I'll believe it when I actually see a pepperpizza photo of Mick and Keith both leaving the same restaurant at the same time.

If I hear another press account of how "Mick, Charlie, and Ronnie were spotted at so and so having dinner", then I'll know it's just a bit of stage props. We still don't know what goes on backstage, and until we hear differently, Camp X-Ray and Workout are still a world apart.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2014 10:14

latebloomer

Me too...silly how much it means to many of us, but there it is. See Mick and Keith? It doesn't take much to make your fans happy.smiling smiley

smileys with beer

Just having fun on stage together is fine, we don't need joint vacations, or even dinner.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 24, 2014 15:28

DoomandGloom
Keith has changed on these last 2 tours. He started out fearful. Everyone wondered if perhaps his brain injury or hand problems would sideline him, Mick was careful with him as well, defiantly keeping his distance giving no quarter for Keith to return to reckless party behavior on stage. Now that Keith is showing a love for music in what may be a completely fresh manner for him, he seems to have regained Mick's trust. When Keith messes up now Mick looks over and smiles his way knowing his mate is putting out an heroic effort. He is a true believer in Keith's future as a guitarist as I am... " Just as long as the guitar plays
Let it steal your heart away,"

I 5th or 6th this and agree. Good post.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 24, 2014 16:08

shattered

I 5th or 6th this and agree. Good post.

on this tour, it seems to be agreement all around!
great to see, especially considering the general
"state of the board" a few months ago. keep it up!

Date: June 24, 2014 22:34

Rome team bow mick and keith side by side - keep it up chaps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-24 22:50 by EJM.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 23:12

Mick and Keith are brothers. You don't always get along, but you're always brothers.
Musically, they thrive on frictions, differences.
Maybe recent events have created a swell of protectiveness around Mick among the entire road crew.
Who knows? Keith seems to like to piss off Mick, but that's childplay. The bottom line seems to be their brotherhood.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 24, 2014 23:35

stupidguy2
Mick and Keith are brothers. You don't always get along, but you're always brothers.
Maybe recent events have created a swell of protectiveness around Mick among the entire road crew.
Who knows? Keith seems to like to piss off Mick, but that's childplay. The bottom line seems to be their brotherhood.
But Mick says that's rubbish. He has a brother. Keith is his business partner. Why is that not enough for some fans? They're not friends, they don't spend time with each other, they are different people who work together. They do a great job of it, and that's what we pay them for.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2014 23:51

Rokyfan
stupidguy2
But Mick says that's rubbish. He has a brother. Keith is his business partner. Why is that not enough for some fans? They're not friends, they don't spend time with each other, they are different people who work together. They do a great job of it, and that's what we pay them for.

Of course it's enough. But Keith and Mick's relationship is part of the mystique of the band which they themselves have played up over the years. It's just nice to see that they seem to be getting along well again.

Date: June 25, 2014 00:46

latebloomer
Rokyfan
stupidguy2

Keith and Mick's relationship is part of the mystique of the band which they themselves have played up over the years. It's just nice to see that they seem to be getting along well again.
Last year mick sometimes looked as if he was finding it hard to be anywhere near Keith and it did affect the feel of some of the shows - this year does seem a little different - perhaps just wishful thinking....

Date: June 25, 2014 04:35

Rokyfan
stupidguy2

Keith and Mick's relationship is part of the mystique of the band which they themselves have played up over the years. It's just nice to see that they seem to be getting along well again.
Last year mick sometimes looked as if he was finding it hard to be anywhere near Keith and it did affect the feel of some of the shows - this year does seem a little different - perhaps just wishful thinking....

spot on. in the Newark-PPV '12 Mick wore some weird facial expressions telling very clearly: "i can't believe i'm stuck on a stage with HIM again. didn't the Universal Records guy tell me by this time i would be on SuperHeavy World Tour? FML!" two years and a traumatic event later- now the whole crew seems to have stepped up to support Mick, who might have finally realized it's best to put those superstar aspirations from the 80s to a rest. and just do best what he always did best. it's not wishful thinking. Seeing Keef grinning like Chesire Cat last week tells me that the current state of the band is exactly how he wants it to be. that's very real and no wishful thinking. in doubt? you should've been there!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-25 04:37 by Nikkei.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 25, 2014 04:40

Nikkei
Rokyfan
stupidguy2

spot on. in the Newark-PPV '12 Mick wore some weird facial expressions telling very clearly: "i can't believe i'm stuck on a stage with HIM again. didn't the Universal Records guy tell me by this time i would be on SuperHeavy World Tour? FML!" two years and a traumatic event later- now the whole crew seems to have stepped up to support Mick, who might have finally realized it's best to put those superstar aspirations from the 80s to a rest. and just do best what he always did best. it's not wishful thinking. Seeing Keef grinning like Chesire Cat last week tells me that the current state of the band is exactly how he wants it to be. that's very real and no wishful thinking. in doubt? you should've been there!

Checkin out the stereo in a rental car eh? Nice one.

Date: June 25, 2014 04:47

and Keiths (or anyone elses) ability (or inability) to play isn't even affecting this. it becomes more evident witch each "screw-up". they shrug it off, who cares, as long as the magic is still happening? if somebody had the guts to ask Keith about his '12/'13 condition i believe he would just laugh and say he was probably "a bit rusty"

Date: June 25, 2014 18:19

Checkin out the stereo in a rental car eh? Nice one.
like it? but i didn't do it myself. but this one:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home