Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Info on upcoming Ronnie Wood signature Les Paul
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 3, 2014 11:06

DandelionPowderman
With pleasure. I'm just sick of the trolls here. So-called Stones fans who claim that Ronnie isn't good enough to have his own signature models (like that ever has been the criteria)...

Indeed - although surprising that, if this is true, Gibson have got to it before Fender offered him an Artist series Stratocaster. Also, I don't get the criticism of Knebworth. Some of those performances (Hot Stuff, You Gotta Move) are great. The version of Hot Stuff is up there with Ronnie's best solos.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:01

Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman

Indeed - although surprising that, if this is true, Gibson have got to it before Fender offered him an Artist series Stratocaster...

I discussed this with a guy from the Fender management board and he agreed that Ronnie really might deserve a signature (hard-tail) Strat.
But he said that he thinks that Ronnie already did too much that way.
Naming ESP, Duesenberg and his Gibson accoustic guitars.

Posted by: doster ()
Date: July 3, 2014 20:21

Thanks everybody, I'm not sure why I assumed a Les Paul. Looks like a cool guitar.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:36

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: January 29, 2015 21:10

Technically, since it is fitted with two humbuckers, wouldn't it be more correct to call it a L4S? The reissue project in the mid-2000s included a single pickup L5S (similar to Ronnie's in the 80s) and a dual pickups L4S.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 29, 2015 21:26

Gibson was talking about doing one for Billy Duffy but it never happened. Ronnie getting one would be cool.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: January 29, 2015 22:56

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-29 22:57 by firebird.

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: January 30, 2015 01:39

that does not appeal to me at all.

gimme the classic and let me play on...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 30, 2015 04:37

sodapop
DandelionPowderman
By that logic none of the musicians in the Stones are more than tolerable...

It never ceases to amaze me that there are Stones fans who don't get that it is the band and its chemistry that make them good. confused smiley

Who had major success as a solo artist outside the Stones again? None, but lots of fans find Ronnie's albums best.

RIght....forgot.....the ancient art of weaving (cue Keith's raspy...'weary'...'seasoned'...rasp).

Since we're talking 'logic'---is what your saying good musicians can't gel---don't have chemistry?

1976 Knebworth---Lynryd Skynrd kicked the shit out of the Stones---who by then already were coked out jokes. Skynryd had chemistry - but also were good musicians, much tighter band.

Skynyrd at Knebworth were what they always were..... Dull and self-indulgent. They could not hold a candle to a band of The Stones calibre, either in the studio, or on stage. You know this already of course......

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: February 13, 2015 20:05

The mentioned Ron Wood DUESENBERG signature model is on sale in Germany. The guitar is limited to 101:

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/duesenberg-ron-wood-signature-drw,-33-of-101,-ohsc,-certificate/284696709-74-4564?ref=search]Ron Wood Duesenberg[/url]

Don`t know the seller.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-13 20:12 by electricmud.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:30

The only signature that matters to me on a Les Paul is Mr. Paul's. It's already a signature model. I own and play several of them and I can't really imagine them improving much more.

The rest is just for the collectors who have driven the market up unnecessarily and probably don't play them anyway. But, if they are going to release a Ronnie Wood model it would be cool to reproduce some of his original artwork on it. peace

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: February 14, 2015 08:20

This wouldn't be the first time Ronnie has endorsed Gibson Guitars, back in the mid 70's he was endorsing the Gibson S-1 which apparently he had some input into designing. It wasn't that popular and sold less than 900 guitars.

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: February 14, 2015 09:23

My last upload of Ronnies Gibson add didnt upload, so here is the guitar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home