Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Voodoo Lounge Setlist
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 10, 2014 23:15

Washington 1994

Wow! I forgot how they started the Voodoo Lounge tour. What a setlist. 27 songs and no sftd. Keith's part is song 18 and 19. The end of a show nowadays. Okay, it's 20 years ago but still....great setlist

Re: Voodoo Lounge Setlist
Date: June 10, 2014 23:42

bart-man
Washington 1994

Wow! I forgot how they started the Voodoo Lounge tour. What a setlist. 27 songs and no sftd. Keith's part is song 18 and 19. The end of a show nowadays. Okay, it's 20 years ago but still....great setlist

And people are still calling the VL tour a "Vegas tour", saying the setlist is the same as today... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 11, 2014 00:20

More or less. But most of the songs they played in 1969 are still on the setlist totday

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2014 00:23

DandelionPowderman
bart-man
Washington 1994

And people are still calling the VL tour a "Vegas tour", saying the setlist is the same as today... eye rolling smiley

I thought since the 'tree incident' we entered the post-vegas era.
I can never keep track of these things.

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:16

yeah, a great set list. Brand New Car. Lots of VL songs. Memory Motel, Hot Stuff, Rocks Off, and Monkey Man. No complaints. But I'm biased because I was there. I really dug Satisfaction. It came right in the middle of the set and was kind of laid back. Nice warm evening, great sound.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:25

My favourite tour. I saw 2 shows - Sheffield 9/7/95 & Wembley 16/7/95. Even by the time they reached Europe, they were still doing 24 songs a night. Wish I saw more shows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:48

Yeah, I was there too! I was stunned by the setlist at the time. Hot Stuff! And Monkey Man! Fantastic show, but terrible sound! RFK stadium sucks for shows, but it was the classic big Stones circus show.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:57

I loved that tour too. They sounded a little more raw and dirtier in comparison with the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour. The setlist had more variations and ofcourse they did the four clubconcerts in Europe, incl for the first time Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone.
Also all the VL songs they played live sounded very good, like the songs were just made to play live. Very good versions of Love is strong, Sparks will fly, You got me rocking, Out of tears, the worst and especially I go wild!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:04

GJV
I loved that tour too. They sounded a little more raw and dirtier in comparison with the Steel Wheels/ Urban Jungle tour. The setlist had more variations and ofcourse they did the four clubconcerts in Europe, incl for the first time Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone.
Also all the VL songs they played live sounded very good, like the songs were just made to play live. Very good versions of Love is strong, Sparks will fly, You got me rocking, Out of tears, the worst and especially I go wild!

I agree with all of that GJV. You've spoken for me. Starting to get all nostalgic now for that great Summwr of 1995...

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:10

Thanks! Also the opening was great, with the cobra and than Mick beginning to sing Not fade away. I mean, they started the concerts with a song which wasn't played for decades and it worked so good!

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:12

Would love to hear Monkey Man live. One of my favorite Keith riffs.

The phrasing in that lead almost makes it such that the guitar is the co lead vocalist.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:18

Keef doin' the Street Fighting Man solo in my face, after clearing out the cobwebs from the first few shows...ah, times were good.thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:19

I consider Voodoo Lounge to be the best tour this side of '71. Long shows, plenty of latter-day songs, great playing and no-one can ever forget the '95 Paradiso show and THAT version of Gimme Shelter. Plus we got Stripped, which is my favourite post-Tattoo You album alongside ABB.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 11, 2014 02:57

Not my favorite tour but they played a lot of songs, promoted the Voodoo Lounge album on stage and had some setlist variation.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 11, 2014 04:37

The best Stones tour ever.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 11, 2014 04:50

Was extremely lucky to hear. All Down The Line and Heartbreaker on April 16th 1995 in Auckland, Two of my utter fave's, the only time they were played on the Australasian Tour.

They tend to give us Kiwi's a bit of love when it's a long time between drinks. Fingers crossed for Novemeber 22nd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 05:05 by SKILLS.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 11, 2014 06:45

This was the last time when the Stones were considered at the forefront of pop culture. Voodoo Lounge was a hit.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 11, 2014 07:46

Voodoo Lounge was better than Babylon, but both had great B-stage moments. But No Security is the absolute best post Wyman tour. They were lathered up and hot from the road. They delivered musically like they hadn't for years, and unfortunately never would again. 1973 was probably the peak for the 1st quarter century Stones, and 1999 was the best of the last quarter.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: June 11, 2014 09:25

I personally like more or better of BTB tour and album,,new modern sound,great song,,couple which should be warhorses/classics,,Out of control,saint of me,thief in the night,too tight,,,allready over me.

They were modern band them,,voodoo was ex but a bit too much retro in the sound,,plus i think they played better as an band in 1997-1999,,except sometimes Ronnie who was MIA.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: June 11, 2014 09:39

SKILLS
They tend to give us Kiwi's a bit of love when it's a long time between drinks. Fingers crossed for Novemeber 22nd
Amen to that!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 11, 2014 09:48

More Hot Rocks

Really?

Date: June 11, 2014 09:51

vertigojoe
More Hot Rocks

Really?

for ever and ever...best tour by anyone, ever in the history of the world.

Well, at least a cool intro, Not Fade Away

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 11, 2014 14:48

Great show and great set list

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 14:56

Those people who say the 72 & 73 tour was the last great tour. Do you have the same car as than, do you wear the same clothes as 40 years ago. Everything change, and music also change. Voodoo Lounge was a fantstic tour, also the Licks tour was great, with a lot of variation in the setlist.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:03

So refreshing to not see the warhorse end of set. Don't get me wrong - I love all those songs but they are predictable and set in stone. Once we get to the Keith part of the set nothing ever changes. The songs can be phoned in from there on.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:23

that was the very first show. by the 4th or 5th show, the setlist was already down to "only" 24 songs.

Date: June 11, 2014 16:36

BOW2007
Those people who say the 72 & 73 tour was the last great tour. Do you have the same car as than, do you wear the same clothes as 40 years ago. .

What happens if I were to answer yes to that?

Date: June 11, 2014 16:45

Silver Dagger
So refreshing to not see the warhorse end of set. Don't get me wrong - I love all those songs but they are predictable and set in stone. Once we get to the Keith part of the set nothing ever changes. The songs can be phoned in from there on.

I agree. At least the Voodoo Lounge tour had "Monkey Man" down the stretch (which had never been played before in concert) - from opening night to well into 1995.

The Steel Wheels / Urban Jungle Tour(s) had "2000 Light Years From Home" in the sretch run.

I don't see any reason why these days they cannot add in at least ONE surprise towards the end such as "Rip This Joint" like they did in '75.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:50

I was there at the opening night as well. Diverse set list. RFK is horrible for sound and the sound itself was much crisper and cleaner five years earlier for the Steel Wheels shows at RFK.

Stilt walkers during Monkey Man that were only present for these two opening shows, I think. They immediately dropped Brand New Car and moved I Go Wild to earlier in the set as it was near the end on opening night. Loved hearing Live With Me and even Undercover. Not Fade Away was a real surprise and I don't think many in the audience got it until Mick had sung at least a verse.

Hard to comprehend that was 20 years ago this August 1. The subsequent shows I saw at Giants Stadium (opening night there, August 12 or 13 and then Sept.23 in Philly were better, not as many numbers, but tighter set and performed better with better sound (also better seats).

Great tour, probably one of their best for length and diversity of set lists, overall sound and performance and value for ticket price (round $60). Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Posted by: BOW2007 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:50

Listen to the soundoard bootlegs from Miami 94, New Orleans 94, New Jersey 94, Oakland 94 and see what a killer setlist and very long shows.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home