Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Boston 18/7/72 Release, "Waiting On The Midnight Rambler"
Date: June 2, 2005 12:29

Has anybody heard this yet? It purportedly a second gen. source that includes YCAGWYW.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: New Boston 18/7/72 Release, "Waiting On The Midnight Rambler"
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 2, 2005 17:42

listening to it right now - amazingly fast opener BS - the sound is very listenable - YCAGWYW is in my ears at this moment....unfortunately it is a "cut" version without the guitar solo. shame.

(okay I've listened to it all now) all-in-all - a very good show (what else do you expect from '72?). a rarely played for '72 HTW as encore, to boot.

Mick expresses sorrow for the band being late before Rocks Off - they had to spend a few hours in jail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-02 18:35 by T&A.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 2, 2005 18:49

How is the sound? What does 2nd genration source mean?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:36

Sounds pretty good - not up there with Charlotte, but quite listenable. Shame that YCAGWYW is cut - always the highlight of a '72 show.

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: June 2, 2005 19:42

frequently cut on YCAGWYW is normal for equipment of that age.Cut is about 45 minutes of the bigging...leng of reel 2 reel tape.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: June 2, 2005 20:33

Ahh, it's good to learn of a tape source with YCAGWYW, as it confirms what 1972 press sources have said all along: Boston1 did get YCAGWYW, contrary to what the earlier (incomplete) CD release documented. A few years ago I wrote this passage, and subsequently have found two additional concert reviews that specifically cite YCAGWYW at Boston1:

"The other song riddle involves You Can’t Always Get What You Want, which is absent from the first [Boston] show tape and generally presumed to have been deliberately skipped that morning by the understandably tired band. (After all, such a long, slow number might have been just too soporific at that very late hour, and in Montreal the group had already demonstrated its willingness to drop a song under duress.) What now complicates this scenario is the review in Fusion. The author starts out in tape-matching fashion by noting that the band “played fifteen songs at their early morning concert in Boston, including one encore,” but then he proceeds to describe all 15 template songs plus the Honky Tonk Women encore, for a tape-busting total of 16 songs. If true, his direct reference to our unacknowledged song (“The whole band seemed to rise in the air for a dynamite rendition of You Can’t Always Get What You Want and, bathed in multi-colored light, they never came down again”) would rewrite the conventional wisdom about the first Boston set and expose the incompleteness of its standard CD manifestation, They’re Really Rockin’ In Boston (VGP)."

Now we have audio proof, too. smiling smiley

Harold

Date: June 2, 2005 22:13

T&A...I like to get a copy of it....who puts it out?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 2, 2005 22:24

It´s available here:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

This is a NON-BOOTLEG lowgen source taken directly from the original master cassette. It sounds significantly better than the VGP disc and is more complete.
Another great STP 1972 upgrade, highly recommened.

Date: June 2, 2005 22:50

thanks

Posted by: FRANCKY ()
Date: June 3, 2005 19:02

Hi all

Can't live without this new tape !

Can someone would provide it on a CDR ? Feel
free to ask my BIIIIG trading list...

Thanks
Francky

Date: June 3, 2005 20:59

Listening to it right now ; decent recording. No time to toast ; I'm sorry.
This disc comes from Joe Maloney's archive.
Anybody familiar with Joe ?? I wanna know more about Joe
Schuine

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home