Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Pinkpop Landgraaf 07 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: June 8, 2014 18:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 18:47 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 8, 2014 18:40

Promoman, great photos, thank you!

benstones, wow, is that you in the shot with Mick? grinning smiley Please confirm! I await your review, from your excellent vantage point.

Harm, love the Krüger t-shirts! Did you buy those or make them or what?
Also, you are you the young fellow on the left, I presume?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 21:46 by angee.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 8, 2014 18:40

gotdablouse
From the Stones FB page, I think I recognize our own Benstones on the right ;-)

You have a good eye gotdablouse winking smiley

Benjamin.

Date: June 8, 2014 18:47

Arrived in Berlin. Short review of the show:
They used a mix of the Pinkpop and their usual stage (central screen with the golden frame and a much shorter catwalk). I arrived at 13:00 to the festival site and take a very good spot right next to the barrier next to the "b stage" at the end of the catwalk which was much shorter then the original one. Stayed here until the end. It was very hot but fortunately there were some clouds to hide the sun. The Stones hit the stage at 21:15 with JJF after we survived John Mayer's rather boring set. Great great starter! Humidity was around 90% or so and Mick was sweating like a horse. I think he ran less then in Zürich (my previous gig which was really good) and drank a lot. Even Charlie drank some water after almost every song. But Mick was amazing throughout the show, maintained the attention with some Dutch as usual and doing his trademark stage dash under BS. Even he dressed in a Holland World Cup shirt for Satisfaction. But the hero of the night was Keith IMO. He was really on fire, played fantastically and flawless. He enjoyed Doom and Gloom like never before. Ronnie was also good and as we know Charlie is always good cool smiley.
Rocks Off was a great surprise and was a highlight for sure. They absolutely nailed it! OOC was, is and will always be a crowd pleaser I really like the tension of it especially live. There were lots of interactions between Mick and Keith and there was a magical moment under Miss You when Mick, Keith and Ronnie came down to the catwalk and at the 'B stage' Keith kneeled down then Mick too next to him and joking around (see my not too sharp picture). There were many usual problems in an unfamiliar stage set up, Mick always claimed for something and the sound was not as good as with a Stones setup (Darryl was too high in the mix and the sound was not that clear).
Overrally it was a fantastic party with Stones fans and younger people from the festival and Keith is definitely got over his warm up period! Plus it was interesting to catch a brief eye contactwith both Mick and Keith during the show. smiling smiley
Looking forward to the Berlin gig (it is really hot now around 35 Celsius degree, hope that will go down a little bit until Tuesday.)

Here are the pics:

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: June 8, 2014 18:58

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Solid set list

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:00

"Some Dutch crap?"
Go wash your mouth, please!tongue sticking out smiley
I don't think Out of Control is realy a crowd pleaser.
90% of the audience don't know this song. A lot of people went for a walk during the second half of this song.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:08

MoreFastNumbers
Arrived in Berlin. Short review of the show:
They used a mix of the Pinkpop and their usual stage (central screen with the golden frame and a much shorter catwalk). I arrived at 13:00 to the festival site and take a very good spot right next to the barrier next to the "b stage" at the end of the catwalk which was much shorter then the original one. Stayed here until the end. It was very hot but fortunately there were some clouds to hide the sun. The Stones hit the stage at 21:15 with JJF after we survived John Mayer's rather boring set. Great great starter! Humidity was around 90% or so and Mick was sweating like a horse. I think he ran less then in Zürich (my previous gig which was really good) and drank a lot. Even Charlie drank some water after almost every song. But Mick was amazing throughout the show, maintained the attention with some Dutch crap as usual and doing his trademark stage dash under BS. Even he dressed in a Holland World Cup shirt for Satisfaction. But the hero of the night was Keith IMO. He was really on fire, played fantastically and flawless. He enjoyed Doom and Gloom like never before. Ronnie was also good and as we know Charlie is always good cool smiley.
Rocks Off was a great surprise and was a highlight for sure. They absolutely nailed it! OOC was, is and will always be a crowd pleaser I really like the tension of it especially live. There were lots of interactions between Mick and Keith and there was a magical moment under Miss You when Mick, Keith and Ronnie came down to the catwalk and at the 'B stage' Keith kneeled down then Mick too next to him and joking around (see my not too sharp picture). There were many usual problems in an unfamiliar stage set up, Mick always claimed for something and the sound was not as good as with a Stones setup (Darryl was too high in the mix and the sound was not that clear).
Overrally it was a fantastic party with both Stones fans and younger people from the festival and Keith is definitely got over his warm up period! Looking forward to the Berlin gig (it is really hot now around 35 Celsius degree, hope that will go down a little bit until Tuesday.)

Dutch crap????????????????????????
i think im gonna report this to BV and get you banned and deleted.
Jeroen

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:12

That Rocks Off does sound good. If there were more songs like that in the set, I think it gets Keith, Ronnie, (and MT if the song is right) off autopilot a little bit and they concentrate on hitting it just right.

Date: June 8, 2014 19:15

Don't be silly ! I just wanted to say that Mick was talking a lot in Dutch that I don't understand. Maybe it was a wrong expression (I'm not English speaking) but please do not misundetstand things deliberately smiling smiley

Posted by: FrankG ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:17

MoreFastNumbers, I guess you fell for dutch humor spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 8, 2014 19:28

FrankG
MoreFastNumbers, I guess you fell for dutch humor spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2014 19:38

MoreFastNumbers
Don't be silly ! I just wanted to say that Mick was talking a lot in Dutch that I don't understand. Maybe it was a wrong expression (I'm not English speaking) but please do not misundetstand things deliberately smiling smiley

Hahahahahaha we got you sweating there huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jeroen

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:12

Thanks all IORR'ers. Great reports everybody!
I've been following this river (pinkpopshow) thru TV news, internet, newspapers, telfephone calls etc... Sounds Great!
As a Dutchman I had no tickets to Landgraaf, but tomorrow I take a train to become EIN BERLINER!!!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:13

tioms

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 21:20 by tioms.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:22

Great photos promoman! They brought out how colorfully the Stones are dressed

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:26

So glad to hear Rocks Off sounding good.
Thanks for the reports & videos.smileys with beer

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:34

Just saw the clip from Can't Be Seen posted by Stonesfan1962. Keith (and the band) absolutely nailed it! Even a little weaving!

Thank you Stonesfan1962 for filming.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:36

I noticed during Miss You that Keith kneeled down on the little bstage platform and after a while Mick kneeled down next to him. Anyone capture this on a picture?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:46

OutOfTime
Thanks all IORR'ers. Great reports everybody!
I've been following this river (pinkpopshow) thru TV news, internet, newspapers, telfephone calls etc... Sounds Great!
As a Dutchman I had no tickets to Landgraaf, but tomorrow I take a train to become EIN BERLINER!!!

Ask them if they're finally going to return your bike.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:48

barbabang
Just saw the clip from Can't Be Seen posted by Stonesfan1962. Keith (and the band) absolutely nailed it! Even a little weaving!

You're welcome.

Can't be Seen wasn't half bad ay?

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:49

barbabang

You're welcome.

Can't be Seen wasn't half bad ay?

Date: June 9, 2014 00:57

Thank you for your great clips Promoman. I'm still on a high from the concert. It's Only Rock and Roll was also very good.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 9, 2014 01:16

I know I'm stupid in abbreviations.......... can someone knows what OOC is

Date: June 9, 2014 01:18

NICOS

Out Of Control?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 9, 2014 01:25

barbabang
NICOS

Out Of Control?

Thanks man....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 9, 2014 01:28

benstones
gotdablouse
From the Stones FB page, I think I recognize our own Benstones on the right ;-)

[fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net]

You have a good eye gotdablouse winking smiley

Well you did say you were in the Stage/Catwalk angle on Keith's side so I took a look there ;-) Shooting for the same spot at the SDF on Friday?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 9, 2014 02:12

Promoman
Mister_D
Promoman

Fantastic shot (the rest are standard issue stage shots, i.e. no biggie). Post more like the first one.

How about this shot may friend took?

Excellent. That constellation on Mick's jacket is really special. Look through him and you can see beyond...
Mythic.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 9, 2014 02:29

PaintMonkeyManBlack
GS: Sounds fresh and guitar driven. Keith again great.

Just watched the video. Fascinating watching/hearing the guitar interplay after Lisa's bit. Nothing especially slick, but they are trading off the lead/rhythm bits in a seemingly random way. Ronnie is paying close attention to Keith to know what to do in the next measure and usually gets it right. After the messing around, they then slam it together with a ballsy dual rhythm onslaught. Powerful! That was missing in previous years as I recall, especially in '99.

PaintMonkeyManBlack
SFTD: Wow... ! Got it's balls back!

Yeah, almost. Needs a little more of that LYL rawness to interest me more. As apathetic to that song (live) as I've become, I would LOVE and welcome an exciting version. Keith's solo is OK. but if he's going to put that little effort into it, might as well have MT come out and kick it up a notch.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 9, 2014 03:41

Really nice version of 'Rocks Off', thanks for posting Promoman! Not sure after about a year's time but to my ears this version sounded much better than when they played it here at home in Anaheim, CA last year.

For a festival performance I think this was a really good show, not my favorite if I had to choose the songs played but then my choices would have been over 95% of the audience's heads so - well done, boys!!! >grinning smiley<

Forgot to add earlier: Nice touch from Mick to wear the "oranje" outfit for the encore and of course Charlie in the orange t-shirt throughout.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 04:00 by Thru and Thru.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 9, 2014 04:06

Promoman
Mister_D
Promoman

Fantastic shot (the rest are standard issue stage shots, i.e. no biggie). Post more like the first one.

How about this shot may friend took?

Wow, that is a brilliant shot!! hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home