Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: Pinkpop Landgraaf 07 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:06

So what's going on with the reduction in songs that Mick Taylor appears on? Why have they given him only two songs on the European leg of the World tour? Surely they must know how much fans want to hear Heartbreaker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 02:07 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:11

with sssoul
claudine
YOU GOT THE SILVER

Yikes - that's Sympathy (from Zurich?) not You Got the Silver
YGtS is acoustic, that Junior is what Keith uses for SftD

He uses it on CBS too, so it's possible the description of the pics posted earlier was reversed, might still be a Zurich pic of course (although looking at the CBS video his shirt seemed to be unbuttoned : [www.youtube.com])

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 02:14 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:16

Just watched the Satisfaction intro here in Brooklyn! They look and sound great. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 02:17 by bleedingman.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:23

gotdablouse
He uses [that Junior] on CBS too, so it's possible the description of the pics posted earlier was reversed,
might still be a Zurich pic of course (although looking at the CBS video his shirt seemed to be unbuttoned : [www.youtube.com])

I'm very glad whenever Keith uses a Junior, but look at the lighting in that photo mislabelled YGtS - that's Sympathy.
(By the way, I am cognizant that the mistake is rs.com's not anyone's here! )

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 8, 2014 02:35

Just came back. Great show, on fire, hardly any flows. I know Pinkpop has a very strict 2300 curfew, show lasted until 2330 however, Pinkpop will be in trouble but what the heck winking smiley. Show I think took about 130 mins. Highlights were the imo extraordinary extended versions of MR (well done MT)and YCAGWYW (which eveb had a bit of extended outro). Nice surprises were RO and OOC. Can't be seen is getting better but remains a bit of a weak song. Lisa had some issues on GS. Very nice chatting by Mick, lots in Dutch. About that they finally came to Pinkpop and the WC soccer and Ronnies hairdresser.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 8, 2014 03:55

Just back from hot Landgraaf.
A few notes:
These setlist somewhere above is wrong because it is one from Maastrichtwinking smiley

Timing: The time on the Pinkpop site was wrong. They startet at sunset (about 21.15) which everyone could see from the Pinkpop site. And yes, it was a complete setlist.

Stage: a mix of Stones stage and festival stage.
Catwalk: about 2,30 m high I guess.

Doors opened a short time after 12h. I got my ticket at 13.15h (thanx a lot to Peter1234) and arrived at the stage at 13.30h. It was easy to go into the seperated FOS-section. I stood near the catwalk and about 4 meters behind the first row. I didn't expect that. After Flogging Molly it was pretty packed there.

To all you guys from NL: Did Mick speak quite a good Dutch? He made some jokes but I could not understand everything.

BTW: There was a nice Landgraaf shirt to buy - color: oranje! I think it has a liltle more writing on the front than the one above on page 1 of this thread.

Before and during the show(s) quite a lot people were standing on the roof of the stage on the other side of the festival site watching the main stage.

A special video-crew filmed some fans...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 15:34 by MAF.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 8, 2014 03:58

Silver Dagger
So what's going on with the reduction in songs that Mick Taylor appears on? Why have they given him only two songs on the European leg of the World tour? Surely they must know how much fans want to hear Heartbreaker.

For some it's ADTL, for some Love In Vain. This ground was extensively covered after the Oslo show, but usually as these tours go on (and this is the same tour that started at the 02 regardless of the name) the setlist experimentation dwindles. Basically the are two "slots" in the setlist where things can get mixed up with bonus Taylor. The "fan vote" or where Out Of Control is now.

Out Of Control has supplanted Emotional Rescue which supplanted the occasional airing of CYHMK. It's the evolution of the tour.

The stateside experiment has ended. Mick T had his moment of glory at the defining Glastonbury show and now it's back to business as usual.

That said, they did bust out Silver Train in Tokyo so there's a chance that at one of the remaining shows, Taylor fans will get a Lucky Dip and get a bonus song.

Otherwise, fans on Taylor's playing will only need to know one thing after each show... "Erm, so how was Midnight Rambler?". C'est la vie.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 8, 2014 03:58

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 8, 2014 04:45

Gimme Shelter

video: [www.youtube.com]

The following will appear shortly: Rocks Off, Angie, You Got the Silver and Can't be Seen. Stay tuned.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 05:12 by Promoman.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 8, 2014 05:06

Just got home.
It was great to be there and they sounded very, very good.
Keith was his old self again and Can't be seen he did terrific!
But.... the setlist was so standard, only Rocks off was a surprise. For the rest it was the same as Tel Aviv. That was a little dissapointment.
But... you can't Always get what you want I suppose?
They did Out of Control, not a favorite of mine, but I know that many fans like it, so I was happy for them.
For the rest.... it was a complete show. The Stones don't listen to regulations etc... they started 15 minutes too late and after eleven o'clock they just went on with the show for at least 25 minutes. Hahahaha!!

So yeah, the setlist was a little dissapointing, but I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for the world.
Next stop for me is Werchter!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 05:08 by GJV.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 8, 2014 05:06

Promoman
Gimme Shelter

This one is on mrsradiohead. On my own channel will appear: Only RnR, Rocks Off, Angie, You Got the Silver and Can't be Seen. Stay tuned.

Nice.

Seeing as Rocks Off is played only occasionally and it fell apart when I saw it at Toronto 2, can those who were at the show rate its performance?

Also, any details of the OOC jam would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 05:09 by andrewt.

Date: June 8, 2014 05:18

Only Rock 'n'Roll

Posted by: tantraman73 ()
Date: June 8, 2014 05:21

Finally at home!

Hell of a show. Not all the songs went smooth. But the stones are the stones.
No big suprises, they save this for Berlin ;-)

Mick Taylor was great. THey really should play him more numbers (at least 5 or 6).
He always assist when Keith or Ronnie has bad moments

Date: June 8, 2014 05:29

Angie

Posted by: hirschjaeger ()
Date: June 8, 2014 05:43

Re: Pinkpop Landgraaf 07 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates new

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()

Date: June 8, 2014 02:06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 02:07 by Silver Dagger

this tour unfortunately is nothing for diehard fans or fans, thats not fair, doing mick taylor such a good guitar Player just two song, if i was mick taylor i wouldnt acept that and would no more join them, Stones should know that fans wanna hear mick taylor too and different Songs also

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 8, 2014 05:46

Just arrived home too.

Excellent show! Much better than Abu Dhabi! Mick was at his best! Keith was really good (some mistakes yes but he was almost perfect). His set was terrific!! I loved it!

The hightliht :
- To begin with JJF, much much better than SMU
- Out of Control
- You Got the Silver, the best version of the tour, imho.
- Midnight Rambler
- Miss You, yes!!! Mick was terrific!

I'm dead now. I arrived front of the doors in the early morning, I had the best spot, at the angle of the stage, Keith' side.

I'll write a longer review tomorrow.

Benjamin.

Date: June 8, 2014 05:50

Date: June 8, 2014 06:01

Rocks Off

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 8, 2014 06:03

Wow, those pics are amazing! Thanks much, Promoman!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: June 8, 2014 06:19

What a version of Rocks Off... Really amazing!

Date: June 8, 2014 06:21

You Got The Silver

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 06:26 by Promoman.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 8, 2014 06:23

At very least, we're getting three regular post-Start Me Up songs in the set, which I'm all in favour of. I'd love to see One More Shot make a comeback, but getting Out of Control and Can't Be Seen is something no-one could have predicted months ago.

Date: June 8, 2014 06:25

Sounds and looks like it was a great show! Many thanks to everyone for the stellar pictures, video clips and concert reports. Really wish I could have made this one...

Date: June 8, 2014 06:32

Can't Be Seen will appear shortly
video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 8, 2014 07:09

laertisflash

That was a bit better. Ronnie was tearing up the Chuck Berry licks at the end.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2014 09:12

latebloomer
Wow, those pics are amazing! Thanks much, Promoman!

yeah, fantastic Promoman !!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks a lot. hope you aregoing to Stockholm, and take pictures there ????

Jeroen

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: June 8, 2014 09:14

Just back. Great concert. Keith was good! Also at can't be seen. They are on fire! Mick amazing. Dancing running, joking. Talks a lot in very good dutch. Nice gesture from Charlie and Mick to wear orange. Charlie seemed shy when public chanted his name with intro. Lots of interaction between Stones. Soundproblems on GS and IORR (from where I stood, left side of the ramp) I guess that Lisa had problems with that on GS.
Out of control and rocks off! YGMR is not my favorite but it rocks live.I am complete satisfied. Great concert!
So glad I see them again in Dusseldorf and Werchter.

(Always took candy from strangers)

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 15:50 by Niek.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 8, 2014 09:29

laertisflash

FanFucking tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great great !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: June 8, 2014 10:17

This was an amazing gig from the begining to the end in my opinion! Will never regret that i traveled from Sweden for this, fantastic gig, fantastic night!

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 8, 2014 10:32

Promoman

Fantastic shot (the rest are standard issue stage shots, i.e. no biggie). Post more like the first one.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home