Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger photo on ebay
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 7, 2014 00:48

Just came across this, anybody familiar with this photo of Mick?

On ebay, this is billed as:
Very Rare Original Polaroid SX70 Photograph of Mick Jagger Possible Andy Warhol

Starting bid is $995.99, or you can simply buy it now for $9,999.00

The link has a more detailed description, but it was supposedly taken around the time of the Stones concert at Madison Square Garden, in June of 1975. Maybe taken by Warhol?

[www.ebay.com]

Re: Mick Jagger photo on ebay
Posted by: chop ()
Date: June 7, 2014 02:50

you know I've seen similar polaroids taken by Warhol...though this could've certainly be taken by some groupie. How could one tell

Though if you can somehow verify that it is indeed a Warhol, than 10k would be a bargain, because you could probably easily resell for at least 15k

Date: June 7, 2014 02:51

Never seen this picture before...probably is a Warhol photo. Definitely wouldn't pay $15.00 let alone $995.99 for a picture when I can just print it off here now! winking smiley

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: June 7, 2014 03:05

Maybe oldasme should go on Pawn Stars...........

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 7, 2014 03:12

Mick at a time when I, for one, was not watching (or listening).

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 7, 2014 03:58

vincentwhirlwind
Maybe oldasme should go on Pawn Stars...........

good idea,,,some dude showed up w/2 Keith Haring's on Pawn Stars and was blown away that each was $40K.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:13

I wonder if it was taken by Lisa Robinson, photo/journalist for CREEM Magazine..I recall a sequence with Mick wearing a fan on his head made of feathers. I know it's from the '75 Tour...not worth that money, for sure but EBAY is crazy anyway.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:15

That's Brenda!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 7, 2014 04:45

For people in parts of the world who might not be able to see this -- here's the description on eBay -- I
wouldn't say it's worth $10K but an interesting artifact! For it to even begin to be worth that much there
would probably need to be more solid provenance -- like, the sales receipt, a write-up of its background
from the person who sold it to the used book store, the serial numbers of other photos from that time
period from the Warhol Estate.

"This is a very rare original (not a copy) Polaroid SX70 photograph of Mick Jagger. This photo was most likely taken at the time of the Rolling Stones concert at Madison Square Garden, NYC around June 27, 1975. I've included an image of the Stones MSG concert showing Mick wearing the same jacket (this image is not included in the auction) Andy Warhol was at that concert, the Stones had rehearsed at Andy's house out on Long Island before the tour. I acquired this Polaroid from a rare book store in Nyack, NY which is now closed. They had a copy of "S.C.U.M. Manifesto" by Valerie Solanas in the window. Solanas was the woman who shot Andy Warhol. When I asked to see the book, the owner said that he had bought it from a man who's wife used to hang out at the Factory with Andy Warhol. She had died and her husband was selling off items from her estate, the shop owner didn't remember their names. He then said there was a Polaroid included with the book of what looked like Mick Jagger in drag. I started doing research and the numbers stamped on the back were a code system by Polaroid for dating batches of film. The numbers, 00037501831 dates the film to March 1975, 3 months before the MSG Concert. One thing that Andy Warhol would do is take his Polaroid and snap shots and share them with his entourage. The expression on Mick's face is very open, as if he knew the person taking the picture. I am sure that if you could go to the Warhol Estate there might be some more leads, like other SX70 photos from that time where you could possibly get a close match to the numbers on the back. It looks like the same period that Andy did the Silk Screens of Mick which now hang in many Museums around the World. The photograph is in very good condition and has been matted and framed using archival materials. The frame measures 14 3/4 x 11 1/4 inches and the photograph is 4 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches. This auction includes the book S.C.U.M. Manifesto and shipping is free. It's amazing to be able to own an original Polaroid SX70 Photograph of Mick Jagger, but if this is a Warhol it is the ultimate! Payment must be made within 3 days of close of auction, I do not ship out of the USA. Thanks for looking and good luck."

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2014 06:28

See: Here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 06:30 by schillid.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 7, 2014 09:52

and one has to conclude that the LYL pics were probably taken in 1975, as discussed before.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: June 7, 2014 17:54

He definetely changed with the times. What would Jim Morrison have been like? Some AOR country/ soul singer?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 7, 2014 19:36

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:07 by MILKYWAY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home