Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pinkpop Top 3 song request
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 5, 2014 14:28

Pinkpop song request

On the official Pinkpop site you can choose your top three favorite Stones songs.
You also see unusual songs like Mixed Emotions, Highwire, Fool to Cry, Undercover and She's a rainbow. Very unlikely they will play one of these songs. No matter how much votes they get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 14:29 by bart-man.

Re: Pinkpop Top 3 song request
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 5, 2014 14:57

19th Nervous Breakdown would be great. But hey, ain't we all waiting for Taylor to be brought on for Heartbreaker?

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:09

How useless. There's songs in there they didn't even rehearse.

That site has a huge amount of visitors these days. Oh wait, "I know Satisfaction, Start Me Up and eh... Sympathy. Click click click. They SHOULD do those I've ALWAYS wanted to hear those!"

The Stones probably pick five semi warhorses out of the list and THEN look which of those has the most votes. Like they always do.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:14

At Pinkpop there will ne lots of people who go to der the Stones for the first time. Of course they should play the big hits.

Posted by: ddouven ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:17

I've choosen Mixed Emotions, Fool To Cry and She's A Rainbow

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:24

Limbostone
How useless. There's songs in there they didn't even rehearse.

That site has a huge amount of visitors these days. Oh wait, "I know Satisfaction, Start Me Up and eh... Sympathy. Click click click. They SHOULD do those I've ALWAYS wanted to hear those!"

The Stones probably pick five semi warhorses out of the list and THEN look which of those has the most votes. Like they always do.
smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:41

ddouven
I've choosen Mixed Emotions, Fool To Cry and She's A Rainbow

Me too. But I can bet my house on it they don't play these songs

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:44

i voted for heart of stone. but i won't win

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: June 5, 2014 15:47

Beast of burden / Respectable / She's a rainbow

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 5, 2014 16:08

The Last Time / Harlem Shuffle / Fool To Cry.

Not a hope of course.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: June 5, 2014 16:11

Remember we got 2000LGFH and didn't know that it was rehearsed. Everything is possible.

Posted by: fourflicks ()
Date: June 5, 2014 17:36

I voted for Highwire, Time is in my side and 19th nervous breakdown the only 3 songs of the list I never heard them playing live, so real rarities over the last 25 years (since my first show)

Still i agree with all of you guys, that in the end no one cares about what we vote for

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 5, 2014 17:40

hockenheim95
At Pinkpop there will ne lots of people who go to der the Stones for the first time. Of course they should play the big hits.

That seems to be the refrain for just about every spot they hit lately. Let me know when they're playing somewhere where the crowd's up to speed and can handle a unique tune or two.

Date: June 5, 2014 17:45

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The Stones only have 8 to 12 "big hits" over all of those years. ...... B.S. .

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 5, 2014 17:57

StonesCat
hockenheim95

That seems to be the refrain for just about every spot they hit lately. Let me know when they're playing somewhere where the crowd's up to speed and can handle a unique tune or two.

What about Glastonbury? 2000 lightyears, CYHMK, "Glastonbury Girl" ... Nobody expected those tracks ... I´m pretty sure we will have a few surprises at those festival-gigs, hopefully!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 5, 2014 18:03

StonesCat
hockenheim95

Is this comment for real? Yeah screw those guys who have never had a chance to see the Stones before. Screw them for wanting to hear JJF, SMU & Satisfaction. What you're suggesting is that only those who have seen the Stones 40+ times should be attending these shows? This is probably the most ludicrous thing I've seen so far.

Now the setlist whiners are blaming the crowd? Where to next?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 5, 2014 18:26

Beast of Burden / Ruby Tuesday / Street Fighting Man

Not guaranteed warhorses, but not beyond the bounds of possibility either.

Date: June 5, 2014 18:49

Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

Is this comment for real? Yeah screw those guys who have never had a chance to see the Stones before. Screw them for wanting to hear JJF, SMU & Satisfaction. What you're suggesting is that only those who have seen the Stones 40+ times should be attending these shows? This is probably the most ludicrous thing I've seen so far.

Remember Pinkpop is a festival. Most people will be under 30. They don't know Worried About You or Silver Train. I am going with 7 people aged 22 to 28. They have never seen them before. They would be sad if they would play Silver Train instead of Paint it Black or Gimme Shelter. The Stones don't play for people reading the set lists on IORR. They play for the audience. While I am hoping for a standard set on Saturday I hope I will get some lost gems on Tuesday in Berlin. But in Berlin 95% want to hear the hits too.

I was happy with the set list in Zürich. Out of Control and Worried About You were unexpected for me. And hey, those who were early got Bitch too

Date: June 5, 2014 18:53

Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

It obviously flew right over your head, but that was directed at the band for selling the audience short.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 5, 2014 18:55

You never know.. I voted Highwire (vote vote!) Don't Stop (would be great to hear again ) and Heartbreaker with Taylor.

let's vote Highwire. It is not that difficult to play I think, so it can be done!

Date: June 5, 2014 19:01

hockenheim95
Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

Remember Pinkpop is a festival. Most people will be under 30. They don't know Worried About You or Silver Train. I am going with 7 people aged 22 to 28. They have never seen them before. They would be sad if they would play Silver Train instead of Paint it Black or Gimme Shelter. The Stones don't play for people reading the set lists on IORR. They play for the audience. While I am hoping for a standard set on Saturday I hope I will get some lost gems on Tuesday in Berlin. But in Berlin 95% want to hear the hits too.

I was happy with the set list in Zürich. Out of Control and Worried About You were unexpected for me. And hey, those who were early got Bitch too

To insinuate that only people reading set lists here on IORR know more than 10 Stones songs is quite ridiculous.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 5, 2014 19:09

Winning Ugly VXII
hockenheim95
Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

To insinuate that only people reading set lists here on IORR know more than 10 Stones songs is quite ridiculous.

And to insinuate it is based on age is equally ridiculous. I was 18 when I went to Hyde Park; three mates I went with of the same age knew pretty much every song from 1967-1981 and they describe themselves as casual fans.

Date: June 5, 2014 19:17

muenke
StonesCat
hockenheim95

What about Glastonbury? 2000 lightyears, CYHMK, "Glastonbury Girl" ... Nobody expected those tracks ... I´m pretty sure we will have a few surprises at those festival-gigs, hopefully!

Yeah, Glastonbury was the perfect example of what they should do, they just haven't seemed as willing this year to go on that path.

Date: June 5, 2014 19:21

Come on guys end girls, votethumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 5, 2014 19:23

Heartbreaker, Highwire & Winter

Date: June 5, 2014 19:29

Great choices all around. I could live with that Eddie!

Date: June 5, 2014 19:30

EddieByword
Heartbreaker, Highwire & Winter

Sounds good to me

Date: June 5, 2014 19:32

Bastion
Winning Ugly VXII
hockenheim95
Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

And to insinuate it is based on age is equally ridiculous. I was 18 when I went to Hyde Park; three mates I went with of the same age knew pretty much every song from 1967-1981 and they describe themselves as casual fans.

You miss the point. It is a three day festival with camping. Most people there only know some songs. They don't go to see the Stones, they go to a festival to have fun three days.

Even in Zürich nobody on the seats in my area stood up before Satisfaction. And many were bored and talked when they played Worried About You

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 5, 2014 19:38

Bastion
StonesCat
hockenheim95

Mick blamed the crowd less than 2 years ago "Everytime we play something a bit more obscure there's all these glum faces in the crowd".

26 years ago Mick said he was bored with HTW. "I wanted to do some solo stuff because I don't find there's any challenge in singing Honky tonk women any more.....well, guess what Mick? (although in fact he did carry on singing it on his solo tour...............so where does that leave you?...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 19:41 by EddieByword.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 5, 2014 20:06

Casual fans know more songs than we give them credit for. It's the typical "I didn't know they sang that..."

A year ago my friend took his wife to Philly #2 and she knew When The Whip Comes Down.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home