Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Tel Aviv 04 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 6, 2014 18:43

That Gimme Shelter wasn't bad up until the point where Keith forgot to play the latter half of the guitar solo. Well, he either forgot or he couldn't be bothered.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 6, 2014 18:50

Stoneage
About Sir Michael's contingent presence on IORR: Maybe he has glanced through it once or twice. As someone said; I think he's more of a social media guy.
I mean Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and such. Celebrities often are because they are great PR mediums as well. And he has a big family to facebook and twitter with...

No chance he lurks on a message board. None. he may hire someone to do that for him and report aggregate feedback as part of PR, but that's about it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:08

Sure, Andrew. But still he has to spend some time with his PR-staff discussing what to put out on Facebook or Twitter. And surely he spends some time, like most people, surfing the net from time to time.
At least I guess so. Keith is still clinging on to the fax machine though, I'm sure...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:08

EddieByword
Rokyfan
three16
stonehearted
Rokyfan
Rokyfan
Wow. You think Mick Jagger spends one second of his time reading internet boards about the Rolling Stones (i.e., that he spends his time reading what you and i have to say)? Hah! That is hilarious.

Hahaha. You think what Mick Jagger is doing in bed before he goes to sleep is reading us. Hahaha.

fyi, one of the recent new additions to the IORR membership group happens to be from one of the major first-wave British invasion bands of the mid-60s, a real A-lister and a true legend, not to mention a knocked-out Stones fan. And he posts here--so why wouldn't his contemporary and friend Mick Jagger simply browse here? Anything's possible, in this virtual world....

You bet he does and has read bits from this forum. Most likely in the morning with coffee. Why wouldn't he? I know I would if I was him or just me. Mick is human and not above learning how fans feel about his band.

Why wouldn't he? Because from everything i know about the man there are a million more things in the world that he would rather read or be concerned with than a Rolling Stones message board. This place would be the most boring thing imaginable to him. People are clueless.

Mick himself said recently "I know one thing, I spend far too much time on facebook................" so why not iorr occasionally? sincere? who knows.
Granted, it's probably unlikely he's got much time for it mid-tour (but then again, 3 days between shows, short plane rides and I'm sure he's always interested in feedback from fans and where better for that than iorr?) but in terms of technology, Keith has said Mick is the front runner in all aspects of this in the Stones, whether it be Jumbo trons in the 90s or Apps etc now........

Mick Jagger is interested in a lot of things in life. reading about the stones is not one of them. It has nothing to do with technological knowledge or lack of time between shows. I'm sure he doesn't have enough time in his life to do all the things he wants, much less waste time here. He spends as much time reading about the Stones as he does playing Stones music.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:19

Rokyfan
EddieByword
Rokyfan
three16
stonehearted
Rokyfan
Rokyfan
Wow. You think Mick Jagger spends one second of his time reading internet boards about the Rolling Stones (i.e., that he spends his time reading what you and i have to say)? Hah! That is hilarious.

Hahaha. You think what Mick Jagger is doing in bed before he goes to sleep is reading us. Hahaha.

fyi, one of the recent new additions to the IORR membership group happens to be from one of the major first-wave British invasion bands of the mid-60s, a real A-lister and a true legend, not to mention a knocked-out Stones fan. And he posts here--so why wouldn't his contemporary and friend Mick Jagger simply browse here? Anything's possible, in this virtual world....

You bet he does and has read bits from this forum. Most likely in the morning with coffee. Why wouldn't he? I know I would if I was him or just me. Mick is human and not above learning how fans feel about his band.

Why wouldn't he? Because from everything i know about the man there are a million more things in the world that he would rather read or be concerned with than a Rolling Stones message board. This place would be the most boring thing imaginable to him. People are clueless.

Mick himself said recently "I know one thing, I spend far too much time on facebook................" so why not iorr occasionally? sincere? who knows.
Granted, it's probably unlikely he's got much time for it mid-tour (but then again, 3 days between shows, short plane rides and I'm sure he's always interested in feedback from fans and where better for that than iorr?) but in terms of technology, Keith has said Mick is the front runner in all aspects of this in the Stones, whether it be Jumbo trons in the 90s or Apps etc now........

Mick Jagger is interested in a lot of things in life. reading about the stones is not one of them. It has nothing to do with technological knowledge or lack of time between shows. I'm sure he doesn't have enough time in his life to do all the things he wants, much less waste time here. He spends as much time reading about the Stones as he does playing Stones music.

If you really believe that, you're the one that's clueless.
The Stones, whether Mick likes it or not (and there are times when it's obvious he hasn't) are his lifeblood. Mick is not so stupid as to not monitor 'his stats'.....and that does mean reading what, especially fans, think ..and as this is the biggest Stones fan site........
He may not always do it personally but he's been in here much more than once for sure, I don't put this one often but.......eye rolling smiley

It's a moot point though all the same, because neither of us can prove our opinions.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 19:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:24

Stoneage
Sure, Andrew. But still he has to spend some time with his PR-staff discussing what to put out on Facebook or Twitter. And surely he spends some time, like most people, surfing the net from time to time.
At least I guess so. Keith is still clinging on to the fax machine though, I'm sure...

I'm sure he surfs the net like most people do, just not to Stones message boards.

His PR people, like you say, are another story.

Judging from the twitter posts, it seems like Ronnie has given him some tips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 19:26 by andrewt.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:41

andrewt
Stoneage

I'm sure he surfs the net like most people do, just not to Stones message boards.

His PR people, like you say, are another story.

Judging from the twitter posts, it seems like Ronnie has given him some tips.

...after all, he doesn't want to become another Gwyneth Paltrow smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 6, 2014 20:41

Great Gimme Shelter again in Tel Aviv! Ronnie's Licks especially where quite tasty!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 7, 2014 00:54

Two more shots. Silver and Sympathy.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 7, 2014 10:37

z
At 7:14 you can see Mick asking Taylor to stop playing. He wants to hear the audience in his "everybody say oh yeah" thing. Then at 7:53 he shouts "Shut up already, damn!".

Perhaps he's talking to Taylor. Perhaps Charlie.
If it's Taylor, it ain't working.
Taylor starts right back up.
Jagger gives a half-frustrated half-resigned profile to the Taylor side.
It still ain't working. Taylor's got some fine licks to play.
During the "tippie toe" part, Jagger extends his left arm. Maybe for
quiet, maybe for balance. Taylor's still playing.
I love the middle part of this performance.

From the collection of amusing moments:

What you playin Willis?

Either: A move from Michael Jackson or Where's my Midnight Rambler belt?

Date: June 7, 2014 12:02

I wondered, if Keith some time before used a teleprompter with the lyrics of his songs or if this is something new? I noticed, that he relied heavily on a teleprompter for Can't Be Seen in the Telaviv Youtube video. You can even shortly see the teleprompter and that there is something written on it. I never saw this before. Of course I realized, he often has problems remembering the words or the order of them, and Can't Be seen is, I would imagine, not the easiest song to remember the words of, because of its structuere, so maybe he now he decided to try this tool like Mick? Does anybody know?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 7, 2014 14:02

Now that the thread is not on sticky anymore, one more post: I mostly filmed a few low resolution videos for the upload just after the show - which didn't work. Many more better videos now available, but still 3 videos of complete songs:

(mine) - intro (with me shouting "Ladies and Gentlmem would you..." so lound that I covered the actual announcment... confused smiley) + SMU + YGMR

My son took a much better one - audio wise... Some sound problems at GS, but alltogather good quality. Starting at 04:40 (GS) you can hear how Woodie (if I recognize his contribution correctly) took the song far beyond what I heard last summer at the HP's....

A 3rd video of the last 3 songs of the show (complete) will be uploaded in a hour or so.

I believed the organizers announcment about the "No SLR like cameras" so didn't my trusted Fuji... borrowed my parenst camera which was useless at dark. Only one photo taken was OK... not beyond.

Some other photoes I took during the hours of waiting outside, by the gates and in the very front of the GA area (where the craziest fan's of the poor people can see the back of the least crazy fans of the rich... >grinning smiley<).

Date: June 7, 2014 17:22

Added BS(*), YCAGWYW and Satisfaction

* if the first seconds of BS are not f%*ed up, I guess I need my ears checked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 17:24 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 7, 2014 18:07

from Tel Aviv with Love
my "art")

Date: June 7, 2014 21:41

There is no Tel Aviv video on rs.com. Does it have to do with the fact, that filming rights maybe have been given to someone else? Just guessing.

There where two of these large cameras on the field. I had not noticed them in Oslo or Zürich.

Date: June 7, 2014 21:51

latvianinexile
There is no Tel Aviv video on rs.com. Does it have to do with the fact, that filming rights maybe have been given to someone else? Just guessing.

There where two of these large cameras on the field. I had not noticed them in Oslo or Zürich.

It could be that since the profit margin on this concert was rather low - local producer got filming right so he can cut extra profit on that. Only guessing, though. Wonder how this worked with past concerts that were broadcasted on national TV- like in Buenos Aires (ABcool smiley, Rio (ABcool smiley or Barcelona (SW).

Posted by: Neurus ()
Date: June 7, 2014 21:58

[youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 22:00 by Neurus.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 7, 2014 22:24

andrewt
Stoneage
About Sir Michael's contingent presence on IORR: Maybe he has glanced through it once or twice. As someone said; I think he's more of a social media guy.
I mean Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and such. Celebrities often are because they are great PR mediums as well. And he has a big family to facebook and twitter with...

No chance he lurks on a message board. None. he may hire someone to do that for him and report aggregate feedback as part of PR, but that's about it.

How is it you speak with such authority?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 8, 2014 04:21

Finally had a chance to upload the videos I shot. Here's a link to my channel as I'm not having luck embedding multiple videos in the same post.

Devyn's YouTube Channel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-08 07:17 by jazzbass.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 8, 2014 07:08

So far, this appears to be the best show performance wise based on the reports.

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 8, 2014 09:16

Wroclaw
I believed the organizers announcment about the "No SLR like cameras" so didn't my trusted Fuji... borrowed my parenst camera which was useless at dark. Only one photo taken was OK... not beyond.

Some other photoes I took during the hours of waiting outside, by the gates and in the very front of the GA area (where the craziest fan's of the poor people can see the back of the least crazy fans of the rich... >grinning smiley<).

Thanks for the venue/crowd shots. These are much more interesting than the yet-again band shots that are so frequesntly posted. To me those are all pretty much the same. These tell the story of that particular show, at least a bit. Hope others follow suit.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 9, 2014 13:31

few more pics from Golden Circle

Date: June 12, 2014 08:54

Wroclaw
latvianinexile

It could be that since the profit margin on this concert was rather low - local producer got filming right so he can cut extra profit on that. Only guessing, though. Wonder how this worked with past concerts that were broadcasted on national TV- like in Buenos Aires (ABcool smiley, Rio (ABcool smiley or Barcelona (SW).

Same two cameras were seen in Berlin on Tuesday. They use them for live images on the sceens.

Date: June 12, 2014 08:58

Clip from Tel Aviv. Coments in German:

[www.sueddeutsche.de]

Posted by: woodstockfan ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:42

Has an audio recording turned up? It was an awesome show indeed!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 15, 2014 11:07

Holy stones! Jagger alters the altar
June 15, 2014
By Mitch Albom,Detroit Free Press Columnist

JERUSALEM — And then Mick Jagger walked in.

I was in Israel, with several friends, visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed to be the site where Jesus was crucified and later buried. It is one of the biggest religious destinations in the world, viewed by thousands of people every day. Some fall to the floor. Others place personal items on a large stone where, it is said, Jesus’ body once lay. They pray. They weep. It is a place of deep reverence.

And then Jagger walked in.

And everything changed.

He happened to stop just in front of me, blocking my view. (I wanted to say, “Hey, Mick, get off of my cloud,” but I resisted.) He wore a plain white sweat suit with the collar up, and he listened attentively to a private tour guide who, being tall, bearded and smiling, looked a bit like Jesus himself. Around them were four plainclothes men who, by their glaring looks, I presumed to be bodyguards.

No other Rolling Stones were present. Trust me, I’d have noticed. A guy who looks like Keith Richards enters a tomb, it’s too ironic to miss.

“No photo,” a bodyguard warned.

I wasn’t pointing a camera.

But in an instant, everyone else was.

Front man becomes the focus
Now, I had heard that the Stones were in Israel. The night before, they’d played a concert in a huge park in Tel Aviv, their first appearance in the Holy Land. Jagger had addressed the crowd in Hebrew and in general, the show got rave reviews, even though there are rocks in Bethlehem younger than this band.

But I figured the Stones had flown out already, since most music stars don’t hang around once the concert is over. Yet here was Jagger, the next afternoon, on a personal tour of this revered church. He stood in the area between the Stone of Anointing and the Chapel of Adam, where a glass window revealed the lower part of the Rock of Calvary, the 12th Station of the Cross. As various tour guides softly explained how a crack in the rock was attributed to an earthquake at the moment of Jesus’ crucifixion, I noticed more and more heads turning to the man in the white sweat suit, cell phones rising, cameras whirring.

Pretty soon, Jagger was the only one really paying attention to where he was. Most everyone else was pointing to, whispering about — and, of course, filming — him.

And when his guide said, “Let’s go to the tomb,” they walked out and the entire crowd seemed to follow.

Of all the rooms Mick Jagger had upstaged, this had to be the biggest.

Celebrity gazing sees few boundaries
But it got me wondering: Is there any place left where we won’t brake for celebrity? Are funerals off-limits? Hospitals? If Kim Kardashian swam by a baptism, would it come to a halt? I don’t know anymore. I kind of thought Jesus’ resting place would be foreboding enough.

Apparently not. Jagger’s every move was followed by the church crowd, which at least had the good taste not to scream or shove autograph paper at him. But everyone looked. We all wanted to see. How tall is he? Is that his real hair? Who else is with him? Look at how skinny!

We are so trained now to put fame over everything that few people in the Holy Sepulchre seemed torn over whether to stay focused on history or post a photo on Twitter. I don’t know how many visitors had a Bible, but nearly every one had an iPhone.

By the way, I don’t blame Jagger. He was perfectly polite, did nothing to call attention, and certainly is entitled to see historic sites as much as the next guy. Maybe a private, after-hours tour would be preferable. But why should he have to do that? Can’t we control ourselves long enough to keep faith and fame in their proper perspectives?

I guess not. I can’t really tell you how long Jagger stayed or where he went next. I finished my own tour and left shaking my head. All in all, that church visit hadn’t gone the way I’d expected.

Then again, it said a lot about what we worship.
[www.freep.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 10, 2014 15:04

proudmary
Holy stones! Jagger alters the altar
June 15, 2014
By Mitch Albom,Detroit Free Press Columnist

JERUSALEM — And then Mick Jagger walked in.

I was in Israel, with several friends, visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed to be the site where Jesus was crucified and later buried. It is one of the biggest religious destinations in the world, viewed by thousands of people every day. Some fall to the floor. Others place personal items on a large stone where, it is said, Jesus’ body once lay. They pray. They weep. It is a place of deep reverence.

And then Jagger walked in.

And everything changed.

He happened to stop just in front of me, blocking my view. (I wanted to say, “Hey, Mick, get off of my cloud,” but I resisted.) He wore a plain white sweat suit with the collar up, and he listened attentively to a private tour guide who, being tall, bearded and smiling, looked a bit like Jesus himself. Around them were four plainclothes men who, by their glaring looks, I presumed to be bodyguards.

No other Rolling Stones were present. Trust me, I’d have noticed. A guy who looks like Keith Richards enters a tomb, it’s too ironic to miss.

“No photo,” a bodyguard warned.

I wasn’t pointing a camera.

But in an instant, everyone else was.

Front man becomes the focus
Now, I had heard that the Stones were in Israel. The night before, they’d played a concert in a huge park in Tel Aviv, their first appearance in the Holy Land. Jagger had addressed the crowd in Hebrew and in general, the show got rave reviews, even though there are rocks in Bethlehem younger than this band.

But I figured the Stones had flown out already, since most music stars don’t hang around once the concert is over. Yet here was Jagger, the next afternoon, on a personal tour of this revered church. He stood in the area between the Stone of Anointing and the Chapel of Adam, where a glass window revealed the lower part of the Rock of Calvary, the 12th Station of the Cross. As various tour guides softly explained how a crack in the rock was attributed to an earthquake at the moment of Jesus’ crucifixion, I noticed more and more heads turning to the man in the white sweat suit, cell phones rising, cameras whirring.

Pretty soon, Jagger was the only one really paying attention to where he was. Most everyone else was pointing to, whispering about — and, of course, filming — him.

And when his guide said, “Let’s go to the tomb,” they walked out and the entire crowd seemed to follow.

Of all the rooms Mick Jagger had upstaged, this had to be the biggest.

Celebrity gazing sees few boundaries
But it got me wondering: Is there any place left where we won’t brake for celebrity? Are funerals off-limits? Hospitals? If Kim Kardashian swam by a baptism, would it come to a halt? I don’t know anymore. I kind of thought Jesus’ resting place would be foreboding enough.

Apparently not. Jagger’s every move was followed by the church crowd, which at least had the good taste not to scream or shove autograph paper at him. But everyone looked. We all wanted to see. How tall is he? Is that his real hair? Who else is with him? Look at how skinny!

We are so trained now to put fame over everything that few people in the Holy Sepulchre seemed torn over whether to stay focused on history or post a photo on Twitter. I don’t know how many visitors had a Bible, but nearly every one had an iPhone.

By the way, I don’t blame Jagger. He was perfectly polite, did nothing to call attention, and certainly is entitled to see historic sites as much as the next guy. Maybe a private, after-hours tour would be preferable. But why should he have to do that? Can’t we control ourselves long enough to keep faith and fame in their proper perspectives?

I guess not. I can’t really tell you how long Jagger stayed or where he went next. I finished my own tour and left shaking my head. All in all, that church visit hadn’t gone the way I’d expected.

[www.freep.com]

...Who's that Jesus- character this guy's talking about?! smoking smiley

Seriously: I think he makes a valid point (about us bowing for celebrity), although, alas, in vain... because I'm affraid we passed the point of no return on that on long ago.

P.S.: when the Stones played St. Petersburg, theya had a private/ guided tour through the Hermitage after hours...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:10

proudmary

... snip ...

[www.freep.com]

At least Jagger is real. Who wouldn't be more excited to see him in such close quarters than to listen to some guy tell you an old story about how an earthquake cracked a rock thousands of years ago? And the person he comes up with to make an analogy about celebrity is Kim Kardashian? This guy Albom is I guess just jealous that nobody recognized him.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home