Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Tel Aviv 04 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 6, 2014 02:27

Sure Lem. But you could just as easily make another analogy: Take Björn Borg and his five wins in a row at Wimbledon in the late 70s and compare that to one of his exhibition matches today.
There is still some greatness but most of it is gone. People pay to see him, the old champ, more than his game. In a way that goes for The Rolling Stones as well.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 6, 2014 02:59

Rokyfan
Rokyfan
Wow. You think Mick Jagger spends one second of his time reading internet boards about the Rolling Stones (i.e., that he spends his time reading what you and i have to say)? Hah! That is hilarious.

Hahaha. You think what Mick Jagger is doing in bed before he goes to sleep is reading us. Hahaha.

fyi, one of the recent new additions to the IORR membership group happens to be from one of the major first-wave British invasion bands of the mid-60s, a real A-lister and a true legend, not to mention a knocked-out Stones fan. And he posts here--so why wouldn't his contemporary and friend Mick Jagger simply browse here? Anything's possible, in this virtual world....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 6, 2014 03:04

Stoneage
Sure Lem. But you could just as easily make another analogy: Take Björn Borg and his five wins in a row at Wimbledon in the late 70s and compare that to one of his exhibition matches today.
There is still some greatness but most of it is gone. People pay to see him, the old champ, more than his game. In a way that goes for The Rolling Stones as well.

well.. NO.because the rolling stones are competing and kicking the asses off of todays live acts.

who's the best rock and roll band doing the best show on tour right this minute?

-"there is still some greatness but most of it is gone" -bullshit,that band sounds fantastic live right now.those people walking out of those shows are as happy as anyone walking out of the l.a forum in 72 was and thats what its all about.

i think some of the older fans are a little more worn out than the band.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 6, 2014 04:49

stonehearted
Rokyfan
Rokyfan
Wow. You think Mick Jagger spends one second of his time reading internet boards about the Rolling Stones (i.e., that he spends his time reading what you and i have to say)? Hah! That is hilarious.

Hahaha. You think what Mick Jagger is doing in bed before he goes to sleep is reading us. Hahaha.

fyi, one of the recent new additions to the IORR membership group happens to be from one of the major first-wave British invasion bands of the mid-60s, a real A-lister and a true legend, not to mention a knocked-out Stones fan. And he posts here--so why wouldn't his contemporary and friend Mick Jagger simply browse here? Anything's possible, in this virtual world....

You bet he does and has read bits from this forum. Most likely in the morning with coffee. Why wouldn't he? I know I would if I was him or just me. Mick is human and not above learning how fans feel about his band.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 6, 2014 05:20

Good night Mick, thanks for all the hard work, I hope you still find your musical life as fulfilling as we find you and the band inspiring, BTW we know you come here, IORR has little influence over the set list but much when it comes to costumes. We rid Keith of his silly sports jacket and last night thankfully Taylor no longer wore his blue sports blazer, we remain your dedicated followers of fashion. How about playing "Heartbreaker"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 06:07 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: June 6, 2014 06:33

"Shut up already! Damn!" -- yeah he sounds like a regular poster too

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: June 6, 2014 07:15

Is it me or does this seems like one of the best crowds since the beginning of the 2012-201? tour?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 6, 2014 08:58

My wife and me helping out the choir at 4:22 smiling smiley

Date: June 6, 2014 09:03

DoomandGloom
Good night Mick, thanks for all the hard work, I hope you still find your musical life as fulfilling as we find you and the band inspiring, BTW we know you come here, IORR has little influence over the set list but much when it comes to costumes. We rid Keith of his silly sports jacket and last night thankfully Taylor no longer wore his blue sports blazer, we remain your dedicated followers of fashion. How about playing "Heartbreaker"?

Keith had the jacket back for the next show grinning smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 6, 2014 09:52

The blue silky bomber jacket and the blue sports blazer will be back. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 09:54 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 6, 2014 11:06

For Hebrew speakers - my little Rolling Stones story in Haaretz

[www.haaretz.co.il]

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 6, 2014 11:23

I'm not sure if it's the fact that it was at home, or if it's the golden circle, if it's the venue or the performance. But of the few Stones concerts I've seen, this one was the best.
You could feel that everyone made an effort to deliver their best and Mick was phenomenal.
Your location within the venue can be a crucial factor. The sound in the golden circle was perfect, as well as the view. The atmosphere was great, I saw nothing but happy people around and everyone I spoke to was blown away by the show. What a special night!
Of course, the Stones can't play like they did in seventies and I know that in order to be that "professional" they sold a piece of their soul. But they had no other choice. And they are still the Rolling Stones. They are still the best rock n' roll band in the world.
All reviews here in Israel are praising the concert, but there is one review that was most important to me. My 5 years old son loves the Stones and he was begging me to take him to the show. I could not afford another GC ticket so he was in the GA. When we met after the show he looked exhausted. I asked him how it was and he said: "Dad, I cried". I said "What? Why?" and he said: "I was excited".
I'm glad that he was able to see this. Thank you Rolling Stones for an unforgettable night!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 6, 2014 11:37

z
I'm not sure if it's the fact that it was at home, or if it's the golden circle, if it's the venue or the performance. But of the few Stones concerts I've seen, this one was the best.
You could feel that everyone made an effort to deliver their best and Mick was phenomenal.
Your location within the venue can be a crucial factor. The sound in the golden circle was perfect, as well as the view. The atmosphere was great, I saw nothing but happy people around and everyone I spoke to was blown away by the show. What a special night!
Of course, the Stones can't play like they did in seventies and I know that in order to be that "professional" they sold a piece of their soul. But they had no other choice. And they are still the Rolling Stones. They are still the best rock n' roll band in the world.
All reviews here in Israel are praising the concert, but there is one review that was most important to me. My 5 years old son loves the Stones and he was begging me to take him to the show. I could not afford another GC ticket so he was in the GA. When we met after the show he looked exhausted. I asked him how it was and he said: "Dad, I cried". I said "What? Why?" and he said: "I was excited".
I'm glad that he was able to see this. Thank you Rolling Stones for an unforgettable night!

I was with 6 family members in GA, I'm the oldest of them all (59). At the end of the show, indeed - they too all looked wrecked in varying degrees. Hilarious when you think about it.

So yes .......... THANK YOU the Rolling Stones. It was truly a memorable night in Tel-Aviv.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 6, 2014 12:10

proudmary

[www.haaretz.co.il]

Thanks for sharing this proudmary. A great read.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 6, 2014 12:35

z
proudmary

[www.haaretz.co.il]

Thanks for sharing this proudmary. A great read.

Toda raba

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 6, 2014 12:58

Cristiano Radtke
That's a great story, paulywaul, thanks for sharing with us. thumbs up

Here's some videos I found today:

Thanks for these. I just had my lunch and almost choke my soup while watching Gimme Shelter. It has got it`s balls back!
Now I´m really looking forward to my trip to Vienna!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 6, 2014 13:53

Excellent review from your vantage point with your family, paulywaul! Thank you.

And wot, a hand grenade in Tel Aviv, yeah, good idea...not.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 13:56 by angee.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:18

bbeliko
Is it me or does this seems like one of the best crowds since the beginning of the 2012-201? tour?

Just as it was in Lisbon (from what I've read) - stuffed togather at the fronts (of each of the 2 sections) were the crazy ones. To the rear - people who knew 4-5 songs(*), clapped and held a cup of beer. Anyway - the heat definetly didn't help. I never suffered the heat so much in my life - not that hot days are new for me, but I could'nt have moved for hours over hours.

* People who mock them call them "The traffic jam radion channel listeners" (after a local famous radion station that broadcasts traffic jam reports and the most "mainstreem" playlist you can imagine.

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:35

Google Translation:
Thanks to everyone in Israel for a wonderful reception. It was a terrific show and I will remember it always

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:42

z

You put your five year old kid in GA? On his own? Are you going for the Keith Richards father of the year trophy??
winking smiley

Posted by: magee mineko ()
Date: June 6, 2014 14:44

8:50~ MJ sings 'You Gotta Move’.
I noticed that for the first time today.

Date: June 6, 2014 15:06

vertigojoe
You put your five year old kid in GA? On his own? Are you going for the Keith Richards father of the year trophy??
winking smiley

I was raised in a kibbutz, you know... winking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 6, 2014 16:51

z
vertigojoe
winking smiley

I was raised in a kibbutz, you know... winking smiley

There's major cool points, right there. cool smiley

Such a sweet story about your son!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 6, 2014 17:29

three16
stonehearted
Rokyfan
Rokyfan

You bet he does and has read bits from this forum. Most likely in the morning with coffee. Why wouldn't he? I know I would if I was him or just me. Mick is human and not above learning how fans feel about his band.

Why wouldn't he? Because from everything i know about the man there are a million more things in the world that he would rather read or be concerned with than a Rolling Stones message board. This place would be the most boring thing imaginable to him. People are clueless.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 6, 2014 17:39

Rokyfan
three16
stonehearted
Rokyfan
Rokyfan

Why wouldn't he? Because from everything i know about the man there are a million more things in the world that he would rather read or be concerned with than a Rolling Stones message board. This place would be the most boring thing imaginable to him. People are clueless.

Mick himself said recently "I know one thing, I spend far too much time on facebook................" so why not iorr occasionally? sincere? who knows.
Granted, it's probably unlikely he's got much time for it mid-tour (but then again, 3 days between shows, short plane rides and I'm sure he's always interested in feedback from fans and where better for that than iorr?) but in terms of technology, Keith has said Mick is the front runner in all aspects of this in the Stones, whether it be Jumbo trons in the 90s or Apps etc now........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 17:46 by EddieByword.

Date: June 6, 2014 17:55

I don't know about MR. Maybe I've heard it to often. It used to be a very effective, dark and exciting number. A showstopper. Nowadays I rather get the feeling of a showbiz routine number. A 13 minutes long one.
And it's not the level of musicianship, rather the repetition of it. (And, maybe, the fact that it was a long time ago Albert DeSalvo confessed those 13 homicides in Boston.)

Date: June 6, 2014 18:08

About Sir Michael's contingent presence on IORR: Maybe he has glanced through it once or twice. As someone said; I think he's more of a social media guy.
I mean Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and such. Celebrities often are because they are great PR mediums as well. And he has a big family to facebook and twitter with...

Date: June 6, 2014 18:18

I killed the thread now, did I?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 6, 2014 18:24

Stoneage
I killed the thread now, did I?

No, we're still here ...............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 6, 2014 18:40

Stoneage
I don't know about MR. Maybe I've heard it to often. It used to be a very effective, dark and exciting number. A showstopper.

Don't worry, it still is and always will. That song is just too good. It's my all time favourite by anyone. And it's been written close to my hometown!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. the clip from Tel Aviv is terrific.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home