Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Tel Aviv 04 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:25

Working on uploading a bunch of videos to my You tube channel. Slow hotel wifi. Look for the page Devyn Damore

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:26

rogerriffin

I really hope, they play 'Angie' also in Vienna or Dusseldorf or in both cities.

Rolling Stones - Tel Aviv 04 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:27

REUTERS/Baz Ratner

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:29

The sound is awful, but these are the first videos from today's concert, apart from the one above, posted by Bastion.

Here's Satisfaction with a bettter sound quality:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 02:30 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:36

What a Night! Happy!!!
My girlfriend's video

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:43

proudmary
What a show! Mick Jagger owns this one! He was just un-f*cking-believable. Much better than Hyde Park

i'm convinced he's not human-none of this makes any sense by any law of physics.i think we're gonna find out at some point there wasn't a real mick jagger and what we saw onstage was a sort of rock and roll cyborg.

like the guy in the movie terminator says-"it cant be stopped i'm telling you"

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 5, 2014 02:47

Here's my shot of GOOMC more to come Get off of my cloud tel aviv

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2014 03:06

jazzbass

The sound is very good! Thanks for sharing. thumbs up

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: June 5, 2014 03:28

Fun review of Mick's impressive use of Hebrew -

[www.timesofisrael.com]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 5, 2014 04:19

Two thoughts/observations, from the vids ...paint it black is back ..and MT did not play on satisfaction?

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 5, 2014 05:18

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 5, 2014 06:02

What is with all of the whining on this board. Here is what we get lately:
1) Keith is somehow a liability to the Rolling Stones. Hello Keith is the spirit and soul of the Rolling Stones we have people suggesting that he should take a limited roll. Well folks if he did that it would no longer be the Rolling Stones. The photo of the Stones getting off the plane in Tel Aviv someone stated Keith looks old and lost. Please he looked fine in the other photos snapped moments before or after.

2) The setlist is filled with "warhorses" I prefer to call them some of the best songs in rock history and for most of us the songs that got us all interested in the Stones. The Stones have never played in Israel do expect them to go out and play Stoned or Gomper? No. They are going to play the hits. One day in the near future we will only hear cover band trying to do these songs justice and will wish that the Stones could play them,

3) They don't sound like they did in 1973. Of course they don't its 2014 and most of these guys are over 70 and they still put on one of the best rock shows out there!

4) Lisa is a cow and can't sing anymore. I wonder what that poster looks like.
Lisa can still sing and no she is not the sex pot she once was but I give the Stones credit for keeping her around.

We should all be thankful that these guys are out there playing and should not take it for granted.

I can not take all of the negative crap that everyone seems to write.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 5, 2014 06:04

This thread has been very positive. Seems all enjoyed the show.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 5, 2014 06:34

What is with all the whining about whiners on this board? Just enjoy what you enjoy. You're lucky. It still moves you.

And yes, having never played Israel, you would want and expect the warhorses. But there's no excuse to be playing them into the ground in familiar places.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 5, 2014 07:03

Sightseeing Stones...

Posted by: Neurus ()
Date: June 5, 2014 07:30

Gazza
Big surprise to see Paint It Black appear in the show again so soon. I guess Mick's comfortable enough with the subject matter to sing those lyrics again.

Actually is not a big surprise since Keith has said in an interview to an Israeli media that they will play it in Tel Aviv since it's a kind of their version of "Hava Nagila"

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 5, 2014 08:42

duke richardson
Two thoughts/observations, from the vids ...paint it black is back ..and MT did not play on satisfaction?

MT was on satisfaction. Might be that only srarting at a minute in the song, but was there.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 5, 2014 08:57

slew
1) Keith is somehow a liability to the Rolling Stones. Hello Keith is the spirit and soul of the Rolling Stones we have people suggesting that he should take a limited roll. Well folks if he did that it would no longer be the Rolling Stones. The photo of the Stones getting off the plane in Tel Aviv someone stated Keith looks old and lost. Please he looked fine in the other photos snapped moments before or after.

2) The setlist is filled with "warhorses" I prefer to call them some of the best songs in rock history and for most of us the songs that got us all interested in the Stones. The Stones have never played in Israel do expect them to go out and play Stoned or Gomper? No. They are going to play the hits. One day in the near future we will only hear cover band trying to do these songs justice and will wish that the Stones could play them,

3) They don't sound like they did in 1973. Of course they don't its 2014 and most of these guys are over 70 and they still put on one of the best rock shows out there!

Lisa can still sing and no she is not the sex pot she once was but I give the Stones credit for keeping her around.

We should all be thankful that these guys are out there playing and should not take it for granted.

hot smileythumbs upsmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:00

sounds like a great show and the band having lots of fun. great picture of Charlie laughing.

Jeroen

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:13

DoomandGloom
Sightseeing Stones...

Great footage. I don't know how they get much sightseeing in, though. I guess it depends on what you mean by "sightseeing Stones", i.e. who is the doing the sightseeing and who is the being sightseen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:17

Cristiano Radtke
jazzbass

The sound is very good! Thanks for sharing. thumbs up

Indeed, great sound, was that recorded with a Panasonic TZ-7 possibly?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:28

were there any Palestinians at the show?

plexi

Date: June 5, 2014 09:42

timbernardis
were there any Palestinians at the show?

plexi

There were a few people whose native tongue was Arabic that I saw on the way out. Didn't ask about their exact national affiliation and they looked just like the average person around.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:50

corriecas
slew

hot smileythumbs upsmileys with beer
Jeroen

+1

Best post I've read on here in ages.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: z ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:50

I did not notice anything wrong with the intro of Brown Sugar. I think you are wrong about this one, wroclaw.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 09:52 by z.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 5, 2014 09:52

slew

But isn't it as ridiculous if you read in some Posts that the current concerts are the very best in the band's carreer? Come on! They're great for their Age, no doubt, but Songs like 'Let's spend the night together' had an actual meaning for the audience when they were young. Today they're golden oldies.

Date: June 5, 2014 10:05

The whole "best ever" thing...if anything it's because people had a great time at the show, can't be a bad thing surely ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 5, 2014 10:12

gotdablouse
The whole "best ever" thing...if anything it's because people had a great time at the show, can't be a bad thing surely ? ;-)

Didn't see any "best ever" comment for the last 4 gig's - have I missed something?

Latvianinexile said yesterday was the best of of 3 he attended last week. Not more.

Yesterday's gig was certainly ONE OF THE BEST OUTDOOR GIG'S OF THE GREATEST HITS ERA (2013-2014). Not more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 10:14 by Wroclaw.

Date: June 5, 2014 10:17

Looks like it, looks like you missed the smiley too ? More importantly my comment was a reflection on the fact that it's great that everyone is coming out of these shows having had a terrific time. Seems normal to us IORR regulars, but really it isn't when you stop and think about it...

Can you clarify the confusion on the BS intro that you said Keith messed up and that "z" said was fine?

--------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 10:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 5, 2014 10:18

Wroclaw
gotdablouse

Didn't see any "best ever" comment for the last 4 gig's - have I missed something?

Latvianinexile said yesterday was the best of of 3 he attended last week. Not more.

Yesterday's gig was certainly ONE OF THE BEST OUTDOOR GIG'S OF THE GREATEST HITS ERA (2013-2014). Not more.

How can one summarize 4 Stones gigs wihtout being there?
Wroclaw - come to the gigs!
We canĀ“t wait to have you in our middle. Come to Berlin!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home