Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19
Re: Zürich 01 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:39

Gazza
So, to sum up, in the last day or so Taylor is so out of favour that he's not being introduced or included in the final bows, has left the band and was spotted 600 miles away in London three hours before the band were due onstage in Switzerland and then managed to get to Zurich on time to have an almighty punch up with Keith onstage.

Did I miss anything or was he kidnapped by aliens while playing acoustic on 'Satisfaction' as well?

No, except that Keith didn't wear his blue jacket. Maybe that's why his playing was off, did ya'll ever think of that? That jacket is his chi.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:46

So much to celebrate in the Stones camp this week And I've attended by first 3 concerts in a row. Fantastic feeling. I loved all of them and they were all different.

Lucky Dip got me the most expensive ticket in the house (tribune), we traded this with some nice people that had pit and were looking for standing.
Excellent night, loved that it started during the day, the band seemed to be having a lot of fun, with all the little jokes and shoves.
Out of Control was really Out of Control, you know what I mean. At one point I was simply lost in the magic, didn't pay attention to details, simply enjoyed this perfect moment.

Great to meet Cristiano, crawdaddy, all the other fans at the Stray Cat and at the concert and Oslo and Lisbon. I hope to see everyone again soon and often grinning smiley

Safe travels towards Tel Aviv or home.
I left Zurich this morning on a long journey home passing through 4 countries. I'm now in Memmingen, Germany and I finished a video summary for yesterday on the train here:

Lisbon is coming soon too along with reviews

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:50

Had a great day yesterday.

Got to Stray Cat about 4.30pm and met Christiano, zgubi,marianne,3 great guys from up north and a whole lot more.
Very nice girls behind bar who gave a couple of groups of fans a large jug of beer for free.
You can't beat a girl who gives you free beer. winking smiley

Got to the Stadium about 7.30pm, got my LD tix which were good seats Block 5 row 9.
Can't complain at that for CHF 62.
Nice guy from Zurich had my spare LD, and his only previous show was about 20 years ago in Berne I think.
Great show as always with our band, but for me, Oslo topped it,maybe because it was first gig of tour and first time I seen MT and The Stones on the same stage.
Everyone was having a great time and after going back to Langsters and meeting zgubi,Christiano and a few others from Saturday night,got back to my digs about 5am.

A shower and a few cups of coffee in the morning can work wonders. smileys with beer

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 2, 2014 14:57

Mick T is now going by his blues name - "Blind Sugar". And the Scarf is now calling himself "Scarfin' Orange Peel".

Did anyone notice that the Scarf made a very brief guest appearance on the Scarf Me Up intro.....

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:04

Can also just say that I saw the Lisbon gig and the entire band was on fire.Keith is playing great and he is happy. What more can we ask for.

In Lisbon, two great moments stick out in my mind. The first one was during Keith's solo in IORR. He played a great riff, which sounded great so he repeated it - and it sounded brilliant and Keith's face lit up with a huge smile as if to say "man, this is sounding cool". I loved it. Then, at the end of "can't be seen", Keith was playing a solo and it was so clear that he was having fun.

This is why I love the Stones - because they are genuine musicians who are playing for us because the love doing it. It is not a robotic formula like Madonna or Take That. It is real musicians playing real music with passion. I don't care it there are mistakes - we all make mistakes, that's what makes us human. If I wanted to hear a flawless performance I would listen to the record.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:05

Crawdaddy, Berne was 41 years ago, september 1973 (I was there too) !

I had also LD (I was with my son), we had seats somewhere, but as it was all open we went down to the field, and ended up some rows behind the GC, Keith Side.

We loved the show, Jagger was less showman, but more singer and musician than he was the last concerts in Switzerland. And Keith is Keith, a bit hit and miss. But for an old man like me the (emotional) higlight was Keith singing harmony with Mick on LSTNT.

All in all a great concert.

resotele

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:11

After reading certain reviews I was afraid to see the videos!

In the end I had the umpteenth confirmation that certain "fans" should consider quitting hard drugs all-together ...

The only "strange" thing that happened was MT going back stage to have his guitar fixed during a song. Why on earth he didn't go on playing? I mean, I don't think he would have had any problem whatsoever to deal with a broken string (more so with a Les Paul) for the appox 2 remaining minutes of the song!

C

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:13

Gazza
So, to sum up, in the last day or so Taylor is so out of favour that he's not being introduced or included in the final bows, has left the band and was spotted 600 miles away in London three hours before the band were due onstage in Switzerland and then managed to get to Zurich on time to have an almighty punch up with Keith onstage.

Did I miss anything or was he kidnapped by aliens while playing acoustic on 'Satisfaction' as well?

You left out that he also reunited with Bill Wyman in Zürich. Eye witnesses say Taylor and Wyman spent a night on the tiles. Painted the town red, apparently.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:26

It was a fun Show in Zürich, some Songs worked very well (GS - very loud guitars, Worried About You - cool and soulfull version, LSTNT - first time live for me and it was slow, but great, SFTD - very good solo by Keith imo, same on HTW), some not that good (BS, Can´t be seen). I love Taylor but RW did a phantastic Job yesterday, some great solos ...

And one thing is for sure: 98,5 % of the crowd wanted to hear those "greatest hits" ... for the rest (like me) we got MT on Rambler! Point! smileys with beer

Date: June 2, 2014 15:28

john lomax
Mick T is now going by his blues name - "Blind Sugar". And the Scarf is now calling himself "Scarfin' Orange Peel".

Did anyone notice that the Scarf made a very brief guest appearance on the Scarf Me Up intro.....

I noticed that - on the second part of the intro riff grinning smiley

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:32

zgubi
So much to celebrate in the Stones camp this week And I've attended by first 3 concerts in a row. Fantastic feeling. I loved all of them and they were all different.

Lucky Dip got me the most expensive ticket in the house (tribune), we traded this with some nice people that had pit and were looking for standing.
Excellent night, loved that it started during the day, the band seemed to be having a lot of fun, with all the little jokes and shoves.
Out of Control was really Out of Control, you know what I mean. At one point I was simply lost in the magic, didn't pay attention to details, simply enjoyed this perfect moment.

Great to meet Cristiano, crawdaddy, all the other fans at the Stray Cat and at the concert and Oslo and Lisbon. I hope to see everyone again soon and often grinning smiley

I left Zurich this morning on a long journey home passing through 4 countries. I'm now in Memmingen, Germany and I finished a video summary for yesterday on the train here:

GREAT VIDEO!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:35

It seems to me that Zürich was absolutely sold out.

Posted by: ptr ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:46

I absolutely love Zurich´s version of Out Of Control!

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:49

Chacal
Gazza

All in a day's work for Taylor...

No wonder he forgot his spare guitar in London, time wasn´t on his side...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:50

Great tour video there, zgubi! Nicely done. And such a beautiful country Switzerland is.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 2, 2014 15:58

I said this before (before the O²-gigs, ànd afterwards - after seeing them there - too), and I'll say it again... :

Mick T is mentally incapable to handle the pressure (again) of being a (semi-)'Stone' on tour;
he can't handle playing on more then 2-or-so songs per night.

Thàt is the one & only reason for him being zo 'underinvolved' musically, this tour.

And no, I don't have anything 'solid' to go by (no proof, no quotes on or off record, no qualifications); I'm just sure of it.

Kudos to him -

but the sooner this farce is over, the better - for unwillingly & unknowingly, he's dragging the band through the dirt... For they get slagged & slaughtered over this by the (ahum) 'real' fans.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 2, 2014 16:02

Chacal
Gazza

You left out that he also reunited with Bill Wyman in Zürich. Eye witnesses say Taylor and Wyman spent a night on the tiles. Painted the town red, apparently.

Not only that but Keith had no less than six mini-strokes during the show. You know when he kicks up one leg and jerks up his right arm. That's a sign of a mini-stroke.

Ronnie was also only moderately gregarious. I think something's up.
Could divorce be in the cards?

BSF, Thanks for the reviews. I like hearing about the whole day. Brings back good memories of travelling to shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 16:04 by andrewt.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 2, 2014 16:10

Stoneage
Great tour video there, zgubi! Nicely done. And such a beautiful country Switzerland is.

thank you, indeed Switzerland is magnificent, need to come back again for more than 24h

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: June 2, 2014 16:17

Loved the video and the soundtrack zgubi. thumbs up

Just about sums up my whole Swiss experience, except I haven't seen such beautiful scenery as you, on my Silver Train ride from the airport. smileys with beer

Date: June 2, 2014 16:20

RoughJusticeOnYa
I said this before (before the O²-gigs, ànd afterwards - after seeing them there - too), and I'll say it again... :

Mick T is mentally incapable to handle the pressure (again) of being a (semi-)'Stone' on tour;

Thàt is the one & only reason for him being zo 'underinvolved' musically, this tour.

And no, I don't have anything 'solid' to go by (no proof, no quotes on or off record, no qualifications); I'm just sure of it.

Kudos to him -

but the sooner this farce is over, the better - for unwillingly & unknowingly, he's dragging the band through the dirt... For they get slagged & slaughtered over this by the (ahum) 'real' fans.

The farce was just stupid rumours. I'm sure Taylor can handle this just as good as the others in the band smiling smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 2, 2014 16:31

MartinB
jjf1965
From my point of view MT had 2 serious problems on MR. First it seemed that he could not hear his monitor and later his guitar broke (string or other technical problem) Then he was pissed, gave up and played some air guitar next to Keith. Then he got a new guitar and this was not tuned. Sorry for him, such a short appearance and then such a mess.

From where I was in GC Keith's side, we could see that they changed the string on the same guitar. It seems MT does not have a second guitar. And of course, when you change string in haste, it does not stay in tune. This was the problem, I think.
when you bust a string on a bigsby the whole guitar goes out of tune. It's amazing to me the Rolling Stones can run out of guitars. There are dozens back there, Springsteen used KR's black Tele, just hand him something. Bad job by Pierre to leave the guy hanging, that's exactly his job.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 2, 2014 16:36

This counts as an "incident"? A busted string? One thing I noticed, before said Incident, is that Keith transitioned into the breakdown far too early and forgot about the whole "Don't do that" part. The two Micks kept it on track.

Date: June 2, 2014 16:41

Just had a look at the ticket price for my CHF 62 LD ticket Block 5 Row 9, and would have cost CHF 369. eye popping smiley

Now that just shows how ridiculous the ticket pricing for this show was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 17:06 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:01

zgubi

That was very cool, thank you for creating and sharing that with us!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:04

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa

Kudos to him -

The farce was just stupid rumours. I'm sure Taylor can handle this just as good as the others in the band smiling smiley

I agree, stupid rumours, no proof of anything in that RoughJustice is saying.

Keith's playing has obviously deteriorated, but they're able to fill out the sound and maybe MT will be called on in the future for a bigger role.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:05

RoughJusticeOnYa

Kudos to him -

Yeah, I guess that explains why the second show at the Staples Center - where Taylor played brilliantly on Sway, CYHMK and MR (and also strummed on Satisfaction) - is seen by many as the best concert since the November 2012 Reunion.

This has got to be the craziest suggestion I've seen in a long time. You don't even seem to realise you're basing your conclusion on imagined incidents which - for some inexplicable reason - only took place in the mind of some viewers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 17:07 by Chacal.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:06

Unfortunately couldn't go to the Stray Cat Club, because I was running late due to business reasons.
Concert was excellent so far, except a few things to mention. MT broken string on MR and Keith who's forgotten the lyrics in the middle of CBS.
The band was really focused on their set and they proofed us another night that they are (still) the GREATEST ROCK'N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!
The Highlights for me were:

1. Worried about you (great falsetto by Mick)
2. Let's spend the night together
3. Out of Control
4 Midnight Rambler (MT showed us another time the meaning of the "golden era"

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: June 2, 2014 17:09

They were the top 4 for me as well. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:17

am on zurich observation deck. plane taxied right in front if me and is awaiting take off!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 2, 2014 17:18

Hopefully Cristiano got his plane back early in the morning. Thank you again for the nice StonesPlanetBrazil 14onFire T-Shirt.

And I hope all others I met will be at home now or soon. Stray Cat Bar is a cool place and maybe if one of you comes back here, please send me an email. (spain73, crawdaddy...)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 15 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home