Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger - hit by massive mansion tax
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 1, 2014 09:38

Oh no!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 08:42 by bv.

Re: Mick's year just keeps getting worse - hit by massive mansion tax
Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 1, 2014 09:47

Time to move.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 1, 2014 10:14

Maybe he decided to cover this new expense by cutting MT's stage time grinning smiley no more bow + no more playing at the Keith song... Thats some good money less on the payroll of MT - more for big Mick. That sure explains alot!

Date: June 1, 2014 10:17

That's nothing compared to what Mick just went thru. He's an overcomer like the rooster in this story:

Someone told this story about a man named Samuel S. Scull, who settled in the Arizona desert with his family:

"One night a fierce desert storm struck with rain, hail, and a high wind. At daybreak, feeling sick and fearing what he might find, Samuel went to survey their loss. The hail had beaten the garden into the ground; the house was partially unroofed; the henhouse had blown away and dead chickens were scattered about. Destruction and devastation were everywhere.

"While standing dazed, evaluating the mess and wondering about the future, he heard a stirring in the lumber pile that was the remains of the henhouse. A rooster was climbing up, and continued until he had mounted the highest board in the pile. That old rooster was dripping wet, and most of his feathers were blown away. But as the sun came over the eastern horizon, he flapped his bony wings and proudly crowed."

The story ends by saying, "Choose to hope. Climb up out of the debris of your life, flap your bony wings, and announce to the world that you've entered a new day. God has programmed you to hope, to overcome, and to win!"

Mick has done that!

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 1, 2014 13:28

Good. Mick obviously believes taxes are for the little people..
Like you and me.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 1, 2014 13:33

How hard can it be to sign a cheque?
only needs to stop cursing for a few seconds. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: June 1, 2014 13:47

Oh compared with death by suicide of a loved one, Mick paying taxes is absolutely nothing.

sad smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2014 14:02

Daily mail........."An annual levy of up to £140,000 a year must now be paid on UK homes which are registered to a company, along with a special stamp duty rate of 15 per cent when a property is sold".

"oh well, that's another 4 songs I'm singing for nothing.................."

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 1, 2014 14:05

Oh, when I had a conversation with my tax agent, she said the problem is that you consider TAX as your money. It's not, she said, it's ours

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2014 14:48

Straycat13

"]Choose to hope. Climb up out of the debris of your life, flap your bony wings, and announce to the world that you've entered a new day. God has programmed you to hope, to overcome, and to win!"

I suspect Mick is a fierce atheist! smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 1, 2014 14:53

dcba
Straycat13

"]Choose to hope. Climb up out of the debris of your life, flap your bony wings, and announce to the world that you've entered a new day. God has programmed you to hope, to overcome, and to win!"

But he's certainly got bony wings...........

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2014 15:45

Straycat13
That's nothing compared to what Mick just went thru. He's an overcomer like the rooster in this story:

Someone told this story about a man named Samuel S. Scull, who settled in the Arizona desert with his family:

"One night a fierce desert storm struck with rain, hail, and a high wind. At daybreak, feeling sick and fearing what he might find, Samuel went to survey their loss. The hail had beaten the garden into the ground; the house was partially unroofed; the henhouse had blown away and dead chickens were scattered about. Destruction and devastation were everywhere.

"While standing dazed, evaluating the mess and wondering about the future, he heard a stirring in the lumber pile that was the remains of the henhouse. A rooster was climbing up, and continued until he had mounted the highest board in the pile. That old rooster was dripping wet, and most of his feathers were blown away. But as the sun came over the eastern horizon, he flapped his bony wings and proudly crowed."

The story ends by saying, "Choose to hope. Climb up out of the debris of your life, flap your bony wings, and announce to the world that you've entered a new day. God has programmed you to hope, to overcome, and to win!"

Mick has done that!

he's our little red rooster! isn't too lazy to crow for day though.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 1, 2014 15:51

Much as I love the band, they have made great wealth from society, therefore it is incumbent on them and those with similar wealth to pay commensurately back into the same society which made them rich in the first place. If they do not, it means that they are being subsidised by those of far lesser wealth. It's social responsibility, something that some wealthy people demonstrate more than others.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 1, 2014 16:20

dcba
Straycat13

I don't. I suspect he believes in God. Otherwise, he wouldn't be searching in India and in his world travels.

Date: June 1, 2014 16:21

grzegorz67
Much as I love the band, they have made great wealth from society, therefore it is incumbent on them and those with similar wealth to pay commensurately back into the same society which made them rich in the first place. If they do not, it means that they are being subsidised by those of far lesser wealth. It's social responsibility, something that some wealthy people demonstrate more than others.

Of course.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 1, 2014 16:24

Time to move into Keith's place and make an album ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 1, 2014 17:30

andrewt
Time to move into Keith's place and make an album ...

Keith would put him to work in the lemon orchard.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:43

Friends fear for grieving Mick Jagger
[www.express.co.uk]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:50

That's gossip and speculation. The Express is apparently a gossip sheet. It's definitely not journalism.

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: June 1, 2014 19:53

Better call Saul !

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:04

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-02 00:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:10

proudmary
[www.express.co.uk]

"confided the friend"

= Tabloid-speak for "we're making this bollocks up to fill a page"

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:14

Straycat13
dcba
Straycat13

I don't. I suspect he believes in God. Otherwise, he wouldn't be searching in India and in his world travels.

Off and on one reads about him in Asia meditating in addition to just plain traveling. It seems like he does it on and of. If he was dedicated-committed to it we would have heard. So I would put him in the "God camp"... a believer even if sporadic.

Date: June 1, 2014 20:14

Stoneage
That's gossip and speculation. The Express is apparently a gossip sheet. It's definitely not journalism.

yes absolutely. but these tabloids are usually the first to publish stories that turn to be true in the end. They write a lot of sensational bullshit, but as Jagger himself once said it's always a grain of truth in their stuff.
and moreover, what is so deceitful in this specific story? one might guess that Mick is in a heavy state of mind, and that after the tour it will be even harder for him

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:16

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 23:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 1, 2014 20:18

Gazza
proudmary
[www.express.co.uk]

"confided the friend"

the fact is,unfortunately, that the tabloids are alive and thriving precisely because they are able to gather information and do not hesitate to publish it. their style is repugnant but they often hit the mark.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:19

I wish to have this problem!!! poor of me

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:21

vdoq
Better call Saul !

I was going to suggest a call to Roni Lynn Deutch, but I see that her "Professional Tax Corporation" is in receivership.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 1, 2014 20:36

proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
[www.express.co.uk]

"confided the friend"

the fact is,unfortunately, that the tabloids are alive and thriving precisely because they are able to gather information and do not hesitate to publish it. their style is repugnant but they often hit the mark.

And they often dont hit it or (more commonly) they exaggerate it for dramatic effect.

He'd be absolutely abnormal and inhuman if he wasnt depressed in some way after an ordeal like that.

So, in that context, its a non-story.

Overdramatising the extent of it and justifying it with unsubstantiated and anonymous quotes though is standard tabloid behaviour because they cant be sued for stuff like that nor (due to the anonymity of the 'source') can it be disproven.

Your earlier comment about 'a grain of truth' in these stories is fair enough. How big that 'grain' is though and how much of it gets mixed in with utter fiction is another issue.

Date: June 1, 2014 22:42

Gazza
proudmary
Gazza
proudmary
[www.express.co.uk]

"confided the friend"

And they often dont hit it or (more commonly) they exaggerate it for dramatic effect.

He'd be absolutely abnormal and inhuman if he wasnt depressed in some way after an ordeal like that.

So, in that context, its a non-story.

Overdramatising the extent of it and justifying it with unsubstantiated and anonymous quotes though is standard tabloid behaviour because they cant be sued for stuff like that nor (due to the anonymity of the 'source') can it be disproven.

Your earlier comment about 'a grain of truth' in these stories is fair enough. How big that 'grain' is though and how much of it gets mixed in with utter fiction is another issue.

I'm not sure what I prefer - over dramatization or hushing up. Many fans here think that Jagger has no other worries except to plot against Taylor

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1899
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home