Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18
Re: Tour Posters Europe 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:20

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:32

Thanks for posting the second Telenor poster. Booooring, though, as is the first one. Here's hoping they produce Irix's DIY "Little Mermaid w/ Tongue Logo Bikini" poster for Roskilde!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 1, 2014 19:46

Wonder if The Stones ever considered getting fans involved with artwork or any type of projects. I have a lot of ideas about stuff that I would love to see manufactured. Certainly there are others on the board that feel the same way. For example I would make a gimmick tongue shaped box set with unreleased concerts and studio out-takes. Throw in some high quality unseen photos and I'd go crazy for it. Maybe even some autographs, but that would increase the price too much. Anyhow, I hope to see some nice things in the future. These gig posters are a step in the right direction, though some could be a little more creative.

Date: July 1, 2014 21:42

frankotero
Wonder if The Stones ever considered getting fans involved with artwork or any type of projects. I have a lot of ideas about stuff that I would love to see manufactured...

I have ideas for Stones themed items as well and I actually did contact 4 different people in the creative dept @ Bravado who develop merch. I wrote an appropriate introductory email, created a nice website w/ artwork of proposed items and received not a single response from any of them (a simple “Thanks but no thanks” would have been nice). At the very least, I think they should assemble a fan focus group to brainstorm and figure out how to best serve them. I’m convinced they haven’t done it because in no universe would fans have given the green light to plastering that ugly gorilla all over the US merchandise! It seems they have more creative types on the team for 14 on Fire and have produced many excellent designs. I just wish they had more flatteringly cut t-shirts and unique accessories for women. I’ve wanted a Stones evening bag for years, but no dice on the official front, so I’m going to make my own – I bought some cool Alexander McQueen style silver clutch frames w/ diamante skull clasp and will try my hand at stenciling/spray painting the tongue onto black pleather. Hope it turns out well, but it would be great if they offered things like this for women.
Here’s my mock up of the handbag:

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 1, 2014 23:38

Not much for handbags because I'm a guy, ha-ha. But really the skull is a cool idea for a clasp, if that's what it is. Maybe someone in the chain of management is reading this thread and taking notes.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 1, 2014 23:59

Has anyone received the Berlin litho? I ordered mine 13th June and received an email on Saturday 28th June saying they are chasing supply but was in stock when I ordered? What's up with that?

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: July 2, 2014 03:36

I ordered the Oslo arena poster from the online store and was told they ran out of inventory.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 2, 2014 08:18

Crazyhorse
Has anyone received the Berlin litho? I ordered mine 13th June and received an email on Saturday 28th June saying they are chasing supply but was in stock when I ordered? What's up with that?

Sad to hear you got no news.I believe that these guys who work in that business are not really ready.Once they claim , order now, then not available and then again back in stock soon.
I just noticed by the way that since a few days , they have removed for every posters the line back in stock soon, and that we can predorder again, look like mess anyway.

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 08:18 by Honestman.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 08:31

Crazyhorse

Same situation for me ordering the Oslo poster and paris one, my current state is pending, as said before its not a way to run a business imho.

Date: July 2, 2014 10:34

I ordered mine lat Tuesday (Rome) but it is still pending. I'm happy to wait, but it would be nice if we all got a bit of communication (especially as we have already paid!)

Date: July 2, 2014 12:37

petewasbristol
I ordered mine lat Tuesday (Rome) but it is still pending. I'm happy to wait, but it would be nice if we all got a bit of communication (especially as we have already paid!)

I cant recall my money going out and i ordered mine in early June.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:39

odean73
petewasbristol

That's a good point. I need to check if they have taken payment. If I hear any news or the package arrives I'll let you know. Cheers

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:00

The real Roskilde Poster: [www.rollingstones.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 09:55 by bv.

Date: July 2, 2014 23:56

Just noticed on the stones website, that the new batch of posters are dated around the 21st July.

While my orders are still pending from early June.

Was thinking or ordering the Madrid and Belgium posters, but not sure now. I know they will eventually arrive, buts it's frustrating to say the least.

Anybody receive any posters yet?

Date: July 3, 2014 01:24

Thanks Irix for the latest one.

HMN

Date: July 3, 2014 16:46

odean73
petewasbristol

I'm pretty sure money went out of my account. I will double check tonight and get back to you!

Date: July 3, 2014 16:47

P.S the Denmark poster is gorgeous. Would look great on any wall in any room of the house!

Date: July 3, 2014 22:35

petewasbristol
odean73
petewasbristol

I'm pretty sure money went out of my account. I will double check tonight and get back to you!

Nothing gone from my account.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 5, 2014 10:55

Plink

BTW, did you do a high res, printable version of your "Roskilde" poster?

Yes, it's now here: [www.iorr.org] .

Date: July 5, 2014 12:30

Now that the game is over with this thread sad smiley , it will be cool to post only high res pics of these infamous posters.

HMN

Date: July 5, 2014 12:54

petewasbristol
odean73
petewasbristol

Out of intrest has any money gone out?

Date: July 5, 2014 15:40

Irix
Plink

BTW, did you do a high res, printable version of your "Roskilde" poster?

Yes, it's now here: [www.iorr.org] .

Just downloaded it - looks fantastic in hi res! Thanks so much for making it available to us smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 22:29

frankotero
Wonder if The Stones ever considered getting fans involved with artwork or any type of projects. I have a lot of ideas about stuff that I would love to see manufactured. Certainly there are others on the board that feel the same way.
it's probably the way many of those awesome
posters came to be. in '09 i worked as assistant
at the Youth Art School of my hometown. there i painted this:

i had a Tour Poster from 1972STP in mind. slickened the curves a bit

Date: July 5, 2014 23:15

'72 on fire! Great job, thanks for posting thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 5, 2014 23:25

Plink
'72 on fire! Great job, thanks for posting thumbs up
well thank you, sir!
i have yet to digitalize
it in high-res, unfortunately
it's way too big to scan.

Date: July 6, 2014 15:14

odean73
petewasbristol
odean73
petewasbristol

Yes, Money went out of my account. I bought form the UK Store. I'll wait a week and contact them if they do not let me know anything.

Date: July 6, 2014 15:21

petewasbristol
odean73
petewasbristol
odean73
petewasbristol

Yes, Money went out of my account. I bought form the UK Store. I'll wait a week and contact them if they do not let me know anything.

How strange, nothing from my account. Mine was also from british store.

Date: July 9, 2014 08:58

Anybody recieved any posters?

emailed from the stones web site, but dont expect to recieve anything from them.

Leaving a bit of a sour taste at this moment of time.

Date: July 9, 2014 11:17

odean73
Anybody recieved any posters?

emailed from the stones web site, but dont expect to recieve anything from them.

Leaving a bit of a sour taste at this moment of time.

Nothing at the moment odean73. Seems like all of the items are released on the 21st. Still, when I bought the item it said in stock and would be with me within 10 days! Very poor and no update either! Customer service anyone?

Date: July 9, 2014 11:35

I ordered the Oslo poster on the 3rd June and i think the release date was around the 19th June.

Thank god they dont sell seats on airplanes. >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home