Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
Re: Tour Posters Europe 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 27, 2014 03:01

Manneken Pis
Sculpture
Is pure genius

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 27, 2014 07:53

Harm
Curious to see what they'll come-up with for Werchter. Nothing to see there... probably "Menneke Pis" or " Atomium" with some Stones tongues :-)

Good guess Harm....very original

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:18

I was just thinking about the Spanish guitar poster and how it is my absolute favorite...until I saw the Werchter. It's cheeky, it looks cool, it's a great conversation piece - it's the PERFECT Stones event poster- lovelovelove it!
This & the guitar are the 2 I'd actually buy.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 27, 2014 09:22

Harm
Harm
Curious to see what they'll come-up with for Werchter. Nothing to see there... probably "Menneke Pis" or " Atomium" with some Stones tongues :-)

Good guess Harm....very original

In tune Harm, in tune.

Posted by: alitsonlyrnr ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:08

Since lithos are soooo expensive, does anyone know if and where it is possible to find and buy simple printed posters? smiling smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:24

Plink
I was just thinking about the Spanish guitar poster and how it is my absolute favorite...until I saw the Werchter. It's cheeky, it looks cool, it's a great conversation piece - it's the PERFECT Stones event poster- lovelovelove it!

Exactly what I think.thumbs up

Costing me some money these posters.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 12:24

Belgium one is a classic.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:51

Well... not exactly. I posted this in the 'WERCHTER' thread allready, and I don't wanna repeat myself... but: It IS kind of a disappointment, this poster.

Because 'Manneken Pis' (that sculpture) is very much (in fact: in every possible way) a symbol for the city of Brussels - NOT for 'the nation' ( c.q. the people) of Belgium.
Nobody (here) identifies with it...

And that makes this design kinda stupid, because the concert is NOT (nowhere near - well, not to Belgian standards of distance, anyway winking smiley ) in Brussels.

Oh well... let's hope for a waffle design to be on its way... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
(Or better yet: some BEER!!) smileys with beer

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 27, 2014 18:57

Werchter is for sure in my Top 5, thanks for posting thumbs up

HMN

Date: June 27, 2014 19:22

RoughJusticeOnYa
Well... not exactly. I posted this in the 'WERCHTER' thread allready, and I don't wanna repeat myself... but: It IS kind of a disappointment, this poster.

Because 'Manneken Pis' (that sculpture) is very much (in fact: in every possible way) a symbol for the city of Brussels - NOT for 'the nation' ( c.q. the people) of Belgium.

And that makes this design kinda stupid, because the concert is NOT (nowhere near - well, not to Belgian standards of distance, anyway winking smiley ) in Brussels.

Oh well... let's hope for a waffle design to be on its way... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Jeez - way to "Pis" on my parade! I'm going to pretend I didn't read your post about how the design is ill-researched and would mean nothing to Werchterians and go on loving my Stones-tee-wearin', peeing putto!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 19:24 by Plink.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 27, 2014 19:32

Who is behind the designs of the posters/14 On Fire merch? Anyone ever find out. While some duds, there are some great ones!!!

Date: June 27, 2014 19:55

MingSubu
Who is behind the designs of the posters/14 On Fire merch? Anyone ever find out. While some duds, there are some great ones!!!

There is definitely more than 1 artist, perhaps a number of them. On the previous page you'll see designs that were submitted for Tel Aviv & Zurich by artist Diogo Sampaio but didn't make the cut. Obviously another artist or artists also submitted designs for these cities that were approved for print.
I know about Sampaio from reading an article about how his relationship w/ Bravado came about (the link is somewhere on this site). I'd like to know more about the artists behind these designs as well.

BTW, can anyone identify the font that has been used for the bands name on all of the 14 on fire merch?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:00

When Werchter gets Manneken Pis as Poster - will Roskilde get The Little Mermaid then? winking smiley

Fake Poster - Idea & Implementation by Irix. Download of the XL-version here.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 10:55 by Irix.

Date: June 27, 2014 20:08

Holy crap! That is AMAZING!!!
Irix, you're hiredgrinning smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:28

Plink

BTW, can anyone identify the font that has been used for the bands name on all of the 14 on fire merch?

Not an exact match but I found "SF Movie Poster" in Picassa to be quite close.
The R and S lack of rounding though.

Date: June 27, 2014 20:49

That font is indeed very similar, just checked it out - many thanks, open-g smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:10

Great poster lrix. The font is Bebas Neue for those interested in making their own artwork. Have fun!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 27, 2014 21:29

Here's my fast & fake one with SF Movie Poster. will try Bebas Neue. thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 02:13 by open-g.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 28, 2014 00:27

Plink
RoughJusticeOnYa

Jeez - way to "Pis" on my parade! I'm going to pretend I didn't read your post about how the design is ill-researched and would mean nothing to Werchterians and go on loving my Stones-tee-wearin', peeing putto!

tongue sticking out smiley. You just go on and piss anywhere, man.
Send us some pictures with the 'T' on!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 28, 2014 00:39

A brazilian football club (Botafogo from Rio de Janeiro) has a "cover version" of the Manneken Pis statue, called "Manequinho":

Date: June 28, 2014 11:57

RoughJusticeOnYa
tongue sticking out smiley. You just go on and piss anywhere, man.
Send us some pictures with the 'T' on!

Will do smileys with beer Now I'm off to find the nearest gas station wall...

Date: June 28, 2014 13:30

frankotero

The font is Bebas Neue for those interested in making their own artwork.

Not quite. I have tried that, at least the 'R', 'S' and 'G' are not exactly the same, apart from the vertical stretching:

Screenshot from RollingStones.com

Bebas Neue

Overlay

'Bebas Neue' isn't bad, much better than e.g. 'Helvetica Condensed', but I think that the RS Lettering has it's own special font like some companies (e.g. the 'Inspira' from General Electric).

Date: June 28, 2014 15:02

Thanks, Irix, for posting your font tests. Bebas Neue is extremely close. I played around w/ a little cut & pasting on the Bebas "G" and it's not difficult to adjust it and add a "tail" for max resemblance to the original. I'm now inspired to revise my bootleg (erm, I mean "homage" ) artwork for Pinkpop & Tokyo to include this much better font.

BTW, did you do a high res, printable version of your "Roskilde" poster? If so, can you post a link? It really is hilarious/spectacularthumbs up What a creative mind you have to come up with that tongue logo bikini top!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 28, 2014 18:30

Good eye lrix. I didn't notice the difference. I too believe they tweak fonts so they're not easily copied. Always hoped to find Voodoo and Babylon. If ever I get those I'll be on Photoshop forever, ha-ha. That's my hobby, designing cd artwork for myself. Someday I'll have to get off my ass and figure out how to attach pictures so I can share with everyone here.

Date: June 28, 2014 20:05

Somehow no good idea with the Manneken ..... confused smiley

Date: June 29, 2014 21:30

What's that? A old tire? A dead snake? Cobblestones?

Doesn't look like swedish steel at the 1st glance .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 09:55 by bv.

Posted by: FijiJim ()
Date: June 29, 2014 21:40

Close up of Tele2 Arena exterior if I'm not mistaken

Date: June 29, 2014 21:50

FijiJim

Close up of Tele2 Arena exterior if I'm not mistaken

This could be a further possibility.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 30, 2014 01:23

zgubi
Brussels smiling smiley)

odean73
Plink

Exactly what I think.thumbs up
Costing me some money these posters.

i definitely found a new cover picture for my *.mp3 version of Brussels Affair.

and i can only repeat: does anyone know where we can get the previous posters in
a resolution similar to the Düsseldorf&Werchter ones? just print them yourself then!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 30, 2014 02:47

Heading to Stockholm from Boston tomorrow - can't wait! Kind of disappointed though by both the fan vote and poster - hope there's another one too.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home