Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Telenor Arena ,Oslo 26 May 2014 - the show in videos
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:27

OK, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it: just links as I now know from experience that lots of embedded video does horrible things to small browsers...

Thanks vudicus for the setlist and all the video-hunters:

01 - Jumpin' Jack Flash

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Mick in Norwegian...

[www.youtube.com]

02 - It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)

- there's part of it at around 2 minutes into this video:
[www.youtube.com]

- and here in full, but lower quality:

[www.youtube.com]

03 - All Down The Line

[www.youtube.com]

04 - Tumbling Dice - Mick seems to be having sound issues here:

[www.youtube.com]

05 - Worried About You

[www.youtube.com]

06 - Doom And Gloom
07 - Let's Spend The Night Together

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

08 - Emotional Rescue

[www.youtube.com]

09 - Honky Tonk Women

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Band intros + 10 - You Got The Silver

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Shaky video but nice sound

[www.youtube.com]

11 - Can't Be Seen - or as the uploader says. "Can't be Lost With You..."

[www.youtube.com]

12 - Midnight Rambler

[www.youtube.com]

13 - Miss You
14 - Gimme Shelter

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

15 - Start Me Up

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

16 - Sympathy For The Devil

from far...

[www.youtube.com]

...and near:

[www.youtube.com]

17 - Brown Sugar

[www.youtube.com]

Encore:
18 - You Can't Always Get What You Want

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

19 - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

- with final bows

[www.youtube.com]

WELCOME BACK, MICK!

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 12:19 by Green Lady.

Re: Telenor Arena ,Oslo 26 May 2014 - the show in videos
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 28, 2014 16:53

smiling smiley Thanks GL

Date: May 28, 2014 16:56

Awesome! If you remove the "s" from "https", Green Lady, the videos will show in the thread as well.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:03

WAY : fantastic Mick. Great version. smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2014 17:26

DandelionPowderman
Awesome! If you remove the "s" from "https", Green Lady, the videos will show in the thread as well.

I know - but if you are working on some browsers or a slow connection, the thread will then take forever to load and may crash your browser (it does mine on my tablet, though my desktop PC is fine). I prefer the embedded version, but in the interests of accessibility I'm using just links this time, as seems to be the fashion nowadays.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:36

Great work - appreciated. BTW: seems as if Norwegians are graded low on the levels of "time at a gig VS. time at a gig filming with your cellphone"... Which is good for them, actually.

request for all those who will attend the next 13 gigs and would film bits of it regardless of the above remark...

If you film anyway - when the band finishes one song, that's the time to start filming the next song... even it will happen to be the one you wish to dance to, thus not filming, you can always press stop and erase those 10 seconds later.

Bare in mind - the documentation of a song performed from the beginning is not only more enjoyable, it includes (usually) Keith's intro that is always a good "flame" topic and would keep down the worn out "setlist" debates!

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:41

IMO, with all my affection, Keith should stop to play SFTD solo...

Date: May 28, 2014 17:42

Wroclaw
Great work - appreciated. BTW: seems as if Norwegians are graded low on the levels of "time at a gig VS. time at a gig filming with your cellphone"... Which is good for them, actually.

request for all those who will attend the next 13 gigs and would film bits of it regardless of the above remark...

If you film anyway - when the band finishes one song, that's the time to start filming the next song... even it will happen to be the one you wish to dance to, thus not filming, you can always press stop and erase those 10 seconds later.

Bare in mind - the documentation of a song performed from the beginning is not only more enjoyable, it includes (usually) Keith's intro that is always a good "flame" topic and would keep down the worn out "setlist" debates!

There were some people behind me filming with iPads. Security stopped them right away everytime...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:50

GreenLady, it is SO KIND of you to go to so much work to offer these videos and this OSLO show, which is practically historic, to all of us.

Really appreciate it.

You should be presented with an OBE!

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:56

DandelionPowderman
Wroclaw

There were some people behind me filming with iPads. Security stopped them right away everytime...

Filming with an IPad is indeed pretty much of a bad taste... It always looks weird to me. Like to see someone eating ice cream with a Ladle...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 28, 2014 18:12

Green Lady and all IORRers... FYI... If you want the videos to be viewable on IORR, just remove the 's' in the http's'!

[YOURIVDEO] - wont show, just a link
[YOURVIDEO] - will show just fine

Date: May 28, 2014 18:55

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

I know - but if you are working on some browsers or a slow connection, the thread will then take forever to load and may crash your browser (it does mine on my tablet, though my desktop PC is fine). I prefer the embedded version, but in the interests of accessibility I'm using just links this time, as seems to be the fashion nowadays.

I think the method used in this thread is good.

I have a slow loading something and it did make creating these threads a hassle for me after there were too many videos posted, I never said anything... but if I do another thread like this I will do only the https links also.

I doubt very many people actually go from video to video to video down the screen anyway, these threads are just a great way to give people fast access to seeing a clip from the show and watching them on Youtube is not that bad.... but I suppose.... if there are enough people who want the videos embedded there is nothing wrong with having both types of threads, one an embedded thread and one a linked thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 18:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 28, 2014 19:49

Wow!! They sound fantastic. I have never heard a bad version of WAY, but this has got to be the best! It's so great to see Mick out there singing.

Thank you so much, Greenlady

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2014 20:38

Thanks so much Green Lady.
You must have put a lot of time and effort into it. smileys with beer
Hope to meet you sometime on the tour.
Can remember meeting you once at upstairs at The Cabbage Patch with paulywaul and Beast.
Can't remember who was playing but definitely Stones related. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2014 20:41

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

Great idea, same for me on my laptop, even on a fast connection and anyway I still have to click on "View in YouTube" anyway to get a full frame.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 28, 2014 20:48

Please add any new videos to this thread and I'll put them in the first post.

Still missing:

IORR in full
ADTL - thanks Max!
Tumbling Dice (Nobody EVER films Tumbling Dice...)But this time someone did!
D&G
LSTNT in full
Can't Be Seen - coming soon
Miss You

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 11:24 by Green Lady.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 21:17

Adtl is out there on Youtube. Search for stones adtl oslo

Date: May 28, 2014 21:20

henrik87
Adtl is out there on Youtube. Search for stones adtl oslo

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 28, 2014 21:31

A low-res snippet of CBS has been posted in the Oslo thread but the uploader said he was uploading a longer hi-res version soon.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 28, 2014 22:12

Powerage
WAY : fantastic Mick. Great version. smiling smiley

listening to it right now...very nice.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2014 22:28

thumbs up
Max'sKansasCity
smiling smiley Thanks GL

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 28, 2014 23:21

Here's a snippet of Let's spend the night together: Let's Spend The Night Together
I'm still waiting on Can't be Seen

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 28, 2014 23:32

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman

Your not only an Angel your a smart Angel........thanks GreenLady......this will make live much easier

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 29, 2014 00:30

`I hope someone posts LSTNT. I want to hear Chuck's piano on this one.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 29, 2014 00:35

More thanks to Green Lady for doing the cyber trawling to locate all these. Really great for those of us back home to listen into the show. Still in awe at Mick's performance.

Date: May 29, 2014 01:24

Much better HTW just posted:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 29, 2014 01:26

What a great version of ADTL! The end is longer than was expected, but that was fun! Is is loose and not tightly arranged it seems, that makes it even more fun too watch. They improvise as it goes along. They balance on a tightrope but always keep it together. Only the Stones can do that.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 29, 2014 03:38

@max - That is EXACTLY how I watched shows on the past threads. All videos embedded on one thread, easy to just walk down the page hitting play. As opposed to opening 19 pages individually. That's the entire point of embedding a video in a thread. Embedding videos doesn't slow down computers. The videos don't load, just a light 10kb html5 YouTube player. Then you hit play and the bandwidth starts rolling.

Glad to have everything linked in one thread regardless! Just miss being able to hit play on ONE page instead of 19! Don't judge!

Date: May 29, 2014 05:30

THANK YOU for putting the video show together! Its fabulous! WAY and YGTS are so good! I'll never get tired of hearing ADTL, it rocks! This is a great thread I've been listening to these clips over and over again, I am so proud of MICK and all of the band members for putting on such a wonderful opener for Europe. THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:45

A big thanks for this.thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home