Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: Oslo 26 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:35

corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage
Sad sad sad set list. Oh well

This post is meant to be ironic, right? confused smiley

Unfortunately, NO

i think Savages remarks should be reported, but BV is not on line.
jeroen

and the reason? is it racist? is it attacking someone? is it aggressive. No no and no. get a life, it is an OPINION

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:36

Italian (enthusiastic) review

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:41

Setlist arguments aside: I hope you had a great time in Oslo and at the concert. All of you who went there. Remember, soon there won't be any setlists to bitch about! Imagine a world without a Stones tour to look forward to...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:41

Remember a few days ago when Erik Snow, tongue in cheek, declared rock music was "childish"?

According to a certain member of the Rolling Stones who knows Erik, "Blimey,
the kid was on fire in the audience dancing his ass off."

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:45

Wroclaw
DP - How was Gimme Shelter Keithwise? due to some reason I cannot find any GS recording on YT...Thks.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:53

maumau

SURPRISING. IT IS THE 1ST TIME SINCE MANY YEAR THAT ITALIAN PRESS IS SO POSITIVE. USUALLY IT WAS ALWAYS " NOSTALGIA ACT, OLD BAND, SAME SONGS, THEY PLAY FOR THE MONEY ONLY ETC ETC " .
SUDDENTLY IT SEEMS THAT EVERYBODY FIND OUT THAT THEY ARE THE BEST, 1 CUT ABOVE THE OTHERS (WE KNEW THAT ), AN IMMENSE BAND.
NOW IT IS ALMOST TOO MUCH, AFTER 2 POPES THEY ARE READY TO BECOME SAINTS..
VERY GOOD NEWS

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:57

Is there a video of "Worried About You"? I really want to hear how it sounded.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:57

DandelionPowderman
RockandRollCircus
, Keith let us down me thinks. Everyone else was playing their rear-ends off, Keith had been beffudled by the local goodies, and it unfortunately showed.

HTW, although "totally messed up" wouldn't be accurate, imo. And, to me it looked like Mick and Keith smiled to eachother after the solo smiling smiley

Apart from the can't be seen mess up - was there actually evidence that keith was "befuddled by local goodies" he looked as if he was concentrating pretty hard in the clips I saw

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:58

With a setlist down to only 17 (Mick lead vocals) + 2 (Keith lead vocals) songs, it has become extremely difficult for any *real* surprises to surface during a show. You have the warhorses, you have the "semi-warhorses" (Street Fighting Man, All Down The Line, Bitch, Live With Me, Dead Flowers, Wild Horses,Ruby Tuesday, Beast Of Burden, Worried About You, Angie and the like = you name 'em!), and then you have the third category, the "real surprises" - extremely rare or looooong ago performed songs or even live debuts. In this category, only "Emotional Rescue" -out of all obscure songs!- managed its way to a quite regular setlist entry, whereas Lady Jane, Around And Around, Under The Boardwalk, Silver Train remained one-timers so far.

Most likely, it will remain this way. They may rehearse the most interesting stuff like "Time Waits For No One" with Taylor, but sometimes I think that they rehearse stuff like this just for them, for their own enjoyment, to prevent boredom which inevitably sets in when you're rehearsing 15 times Sympathy For The Devil in a row to a pre-recorded percussion track or JJF, Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women all the time, or, even mean-spirited, do this just to keep their long-time followers interested! They are obviously aware that their rehearsal songs are reported on message boards like this one. This would of course mean that they consciously play with our expectations to create a "good vibe" amongst their fanbase. And just when expectations are beginning to sink, they throw in "Silver Train" and let Taylor play a bit more!

But only if they play multiple shows in certain cities, see Tokyo.

Just have a look and check how many times they'll multiple shows in certain locations on this European tour and you know what you can expect...

But, of course, we have to feel happy and be grateful that they are still around and doing it - just for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 19:16 by alimente.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:08

michaelsavage
corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage

Unfortunately, NO

jeroen

and the reason? is it racist? is it attacking someone? is it aggressive. No no and no. get a life, it is an OPINION
WOW this is what this board has come to? someone doesn't like your opinion about the Stones and the answer is to report you to the boss?,so you get banned,no wonder so many great posters are gone just for speaking their mind..Sad,Sad ,indeed.confused smiley

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:09

michaelsavage
corriecas
Svartmer
corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage

Unfortunately, NO

jeroen

So you seriously think that it should be forbidden to have an opinion about the setlist? I will see them in Stockholm, but I can´t deny that it would be nice to see some more "obscure" songs in the set.

No, its not forbidden. but Savages remarks are...............
anyway, i think there wont be any more obscure songs in the setlist for a long time. except for Stockholm, cause i will be attending !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha
and ronnie and keef know this , so they shall do their utter best to give us a great show.

jeroen

Maybe I report YOU for attacking ME?

i am not gonna reply, cause its gonna get me fired from this site.
Jeroen

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:09

michaelsavage
corriecas
Svartmer
corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage

Unfortunately, NO

jeroen
Savage should be commended for having an opinion whether you agree or not. lighten up !!

So you seriously think that it should be forbidden to have an opinion about the setlist? I will see them in Stockholm, but I can´t deny that it would be nice to see some more "obscure" songs in the set.

No, its not forbidden. but Savages remarks are...............
anyway, i think there wont be any more obscure songs in the setlist for a long time. except for Stockholm, cause i will be attending !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha
and ronnie and keef know this , so they shall do their utter best to give us a great show.

jeroen

Maybe I report YOU for attacking ME?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:13

vudicus
Ronnie using the L6 Custom on JJF is very cool!

L5S. Way cool indeed

bye bye johnny
- Oslo May 26th 2014 by Trond Solberg

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:22

ROPS
michaelsavage
corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage

Unfortunately, NO

jeroen

WOW this is what this board has come to? someone doesn't like your opinion about the Stones and the answer is to report you to the boss?,so you get banned,no wonder so many great posters are gone just for speaking their mind..Sad,Sad ,indeed.confused smiley

Please! Any criticism at all might discourage the band from carrying on and therefore alone is reason enough for a ban!

It has become common sense here that we have to feel happy and be grateful that they are still around and doing it - just for us. Join the chorus, repeat it over and over - or leave.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:31

kleermaker
Wake me up when Taylor is on another song than MR and SF. I don't care for the rest of the show.

Yep

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:32

Gazza
alieb
ROPS
Once again they reharse all this great music,and then come show time is like they get afraid,and go back to the same old boring set,but like somebody else said we can't expect anything more from 70 year old men....

Hasn't Mick said in the past that they know that if they play obscure stuff that they will lose the majority of the audience? I don't know if it's a case of being afraid or rather just realizing that there are only 15 IORR members in the audience...

Again - songs on albums that have sold millions of copies apiece cant be, by any stretch of the imagination, described as 'obscure'. An 'obscure' Rolling Stones song is something like 'Jump on top of me' - not something from 'Sticky Fingers'.

If Mick is too reticent to perform them, it says more about him than the audience.

I've always believed Mick doesn't give the audience enough credit. Contrary to a popular myth that lives on this site, an audience doesn't need to know every song at a show. If somebody bought Sticky Fingers, they don't listen just to Brown Sugar and Wild Horses. They know the songs.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:38

andrea66
maumau

SURPRISING. IT IS THE 1ST TIME SINCE MANY YEAR THAT ITALIAN PRESS IS SO POSITIVE. USUALLY IT WAS ALWAYS " NOSTALGIA ACT, OLD BAND, SAME SONGS, THEY PLAY FOR THE MONEY ONLY ETC ETC " .
SUDDENTLY IT SEEMS THAT EVERYBODY FIND OUT THAT THEY ARE THE BEST, 1 CUT ABOVE THE OTHERS (WE KNEW THAT ), AN IMMENSE BAND.
NOW IT IS ALMOST TOO MUCH, AFTER 2 POPES THEY ARE READY TO BECOME SAINTS..
VERY GOOD NEWS

It's a remarkable review, since that newspaper, "La Repubblica", usually issues bad reviews of Stones' gigs.
For instance, they rated very badly the concert in Milan 2003, and in response they got many e-mails complaining about that (also from me).
It seems that this time they chose a more competent journalist to review the concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 19:45 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:39

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR OSLO SHOW REPORTS AND COMMENTS ONLY!!!

Feel free to edit and delete any off-topic posts you may have done. I will clean up very soon, as soon as I get time during my travel to Lisbon... Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:47

Emotional Rescue (song #8)

video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 27, 2014 19:58

michaelsavage
kleermaker
Wake me up when Taylor is on another song than MR and SF. I don't care for the rest of the show.

Yep

+1

Date: May 27, 2014 20:04

Heart for Stones
Emotional Rescue (song #8)

video: [youtu.be]

All the Best!

great, thanks !!
jeroen

Date: May 27, 2014 20:07

alimente
ROPS
michaelsavage
corriecas
michaelsavage
dcba
michaelsavage

Unfortunately, NO

jeroen

Please! Any criticism at all might discourage the band from carrying on and therefore alone is reason enough for a ban!

It has become common sense here that we have to feel happy and be grateful that they are still around and doing it - just for us. Join the chorus, repeat it over and over - or leave.

The Band is rocking and sounding very very good, they are On Fire indeed !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:09

First video from Oslo with Taylor (part of MR):

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:10

Just back in Epsom from Oslo.

Been going through the pages since I left this morning and had a last walk around beautiful Oslo with the sun shining.

Loved your review DP and agree with all you say about the performance, but being a musician, you have told me why some songs weren't quite right, but still realy good to listen and see. thumbs up

Worried about You ,it felt that Mick put so much into that song and it was a long version.
There were a few songs that were longer than usual which was great, but was still a two hour 20 minute show.
I don't mind that one little bit.
Was sitting alongside ChrisEganstar on flight home and of course only topic of conversation The Rolling Stones.
So good to see DP, Bjornulf, Eric, a few other fans from UK, and more new friends from all over Europe.
The whole Oslo experience for the first Stones gig of the European Tour has been a pleasure and a fantastic experience for me . smileys with beer

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:11

No Oslo videos of Worried About You and Let's Spend the Night videos yet?
Very interessed in the interaction between Mick and Keith. They let it show a litte bit more yesterday I think.
When was The Last Time (smiling smiley they played Let's Spend The Night Together live?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:39

MR is an outstanding version… Thanks to all for the reports…. Seems like a good show for the first one, looks like a splendid time. Jagger is in tremendous form and voice… Enjoy Europe...

Date: May 27, 2014 21:16

OutOfTime
No Oslo videos of Worried About You and Let's Spend the Night videos yet?
Very interessed in the interaction between Mick and Keith. They let it show a litte bit more yesterday I think.
When was The Last Time (smiling smiley they played Let's Spend The Night Together live?

I think that the answer is August 23rd , 2007 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 27, 2014 21:25

alieb
Gazza
alieb
ROPS
Once again they reharse all this great music,and then come show time is like they get afraid,and go back to the same old boring set,but like somebody else said we can't expect anything more from 70 year old men....

Hasn't Mick said in the past that they know that if they play obscure stuff that they will lose the majority of the audience? I don't know if it's a case of being afraid or rather just realizing that there are only 15 IORR members in the audience...

Again - songs on albums that have sold millions of copies apiece cant be, by any stretch of the imagination, described as 'obscure'. An 'obscure' Rolling Stones song is something like 'Jump on top of me' - not something from 'Sticky Fingers'.

If Mick is too reticent to perform them, it says more about him than the audience.

Yeah okay, but I think you know what I mean by 'obscure'- stuff that your average person who has enough money to spend on a Rolling Stones ticket wouldn't be familiar with. It definitely does say more about him than the audience, but I wouldn't say it's not a smart decision, business wise.

If they dont know the band's catalogue by now (and no, I'm not expecting them to have an anally retentive insight into it), its their problem. Not ours. Nor the band's. Rolling Stones CDs cost about 5-10% the cost of a Rolling Stones concert ticket. The band really shouldnt have to be held musically hostage to people who have more money than musical taste, and IMO fans really shouldnt feel the need to make excuses for them. For every other major act on the planet, a concert experience is a two-way street. Not just a case of "play what we know" but also "know what we play". I dont see why the Stones have to be the exception. They certainly didnt use to be. If someone buys and enjoys '40 Licks', isnt the next logical step that they then buy other albums? The Stones deserve better audiences than what they're targetting.

I dont get the 'business wise' comment. Its not as if people are going to be so disgruntled that they'll ask for their money back because they didnt hear "Miss You". Who knows, they might actually enjoy these other songs? Surely promoting them is a GOOD business move?

Rolling Stones - Oslo 26 May 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 27, 2014 21:26

Ragnar Singsaas

Rolling Stones - Oslo 26 May 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 27, 2014 21:27

Ragnar Singsaas

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home