Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Auckland 1973, were you there?
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 22, 2014 13:19

Did anyone in this group see the Stones in Auckland in 1973? I took photos, maybe you're in them. I was bad, I made a cassette recording of the gig too! I also have newspapers from the local publications, is that of any interest ?

Re: Auckland 1973, were you there?
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 22, 2014 14:27

Show me the photos

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 22, 2014 14:28

Send me the cassette

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 22, 2014 14:41

I have a bootleg of this show, not bad

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2014 14:44

Sound is good but the perf itself... confused smiley

Those who attended the show may have the dubious privilege of attending the worst MT-era Stones gig.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 22, 2014 16:18

Date: May 22, 2014 16:19

Date: May 22, 2014 16:20

Love how some fan comments and thinks they opened with Happy. You know it's gonna be wrong but hey it's just a memory. To him/her that was the start of the concert.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 22, 2014 16:36

There was some news coverage of the Western Springs show which has the start of Gimme Shelter . See [www.iorr.org] .

Date: May 22, 2014 20:47

Pm me, the cassette, you can have it :0)

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 22, 2014 22:51

midimannz
Pm me, the cassette, you can have it :0)

How can one PM you when your email address is hidden? confused smiley

Date: May 23, 2014 22:41

Thanks for the heads up - fixed

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 24, 2014 00:22

GOO

I circulated that recording back around 1994 (and then some shithead made a commercial CD out of it after being asked to be careful who he traded it with angry smiley ). Got it quite by chance from the guy who taped it and who (not being a Stones collector) had never circulated it.

Its a pretty good recording - I've seen it listed as a PA tape, but its not. He just happened to be standing very close to the speakers.

His batteries ran out so the last three songs werent recorded and have never circulated (theres a bootleg which claims to have the full show but the final songs are from another gig). 'Honky Tonk Women' wasnt performed that day, which hasnt happened too often since 1972.

Maybe midimannz's recording is the full gig.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 24, 2014 01:23

Gazza
GOO

I circulated that recording back around 1994 (and then some shithead made a commercial CD out of it after being asked to be careful who he traded it with angry smiley ). Got it quite by chance from the guy who taped it and who (not being a Stones collector) had never circulated it.

Its a pretty good recording - I've seen it listed as a PA tape, but its not. He just happened to be standing very close to the speakers.

His batteries ran out so the last three songs werent recorded and have never circulated (theres a bootleg which claims to have the full show but the final songs are from another gig). 'Honky Tonk Women' wasnt performed that day, which hasnt happened too often since 1972.

After Midn. Rambler there is only JJF and SFM. And a break in YCAGWYW. Indeed a pretty decent boot. A bit shaky and rough though. Not unusual for the Australia 73 boots.

Date: May 24, 2014 01:58

My one WAS the whole gig, not the 'fake' boot

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 24, 2014 15:46

kleermaker
Gazza
GOO

After Midn. Rambler there is only JJF and SFM. And a break in YCAGWYW. Indeed a pretty decent boot. A bit shaky and rough though. Not unusual for the Australia 73 boots.

Thats correct. Was posting from memory and not with the recording handy.

Date: May 24, 2014 16:58

Midimannz, so has your cassette gone out to someone?
I am always amazed that at this stage of the game there are still unheard performances surfacing.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 24, 2014 19:30

Of course there are...
Us old pricks just need a nudge ;-)

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: May 24, 2014 20:13

Palace Revolution 2000
Midimannz, so has your cassette gone out to someone?
I am always amazed that at this stage of the game there are still unheard performances surfacing.

Midimannz recording was posted here on IORR early 2011, january or february, don't remember exactly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-24 20:13 by LiveAtHidepark.

Date: May 24, 2014 23:05

[mega.co.nz]

I put it on mega

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 25, 2014 00:46

thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home