Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals in Oslo May 2014
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2014 13:07

Mick last one out last night from the dress rehearsals.
He looked very happy to see us and wse were equally happy,
some 20-25 fans from Norway, Belgium, UK, NL etc:

And this is just a bit from the rehearsals lists:

Bjornulf

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 25, 2014 13:20

bv
I have published photos and some reports here, more to come soon:

The Rolling Stones rehearsals
Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Dead Flowers
Sway
CYHMK
You Got To Move
Heartbreaker
If You Can't Rock Me
IORR
Time Waits For No One
Till The Next Goodbye

I hope they give Taylor a go at these rehearsed numbers. Will be like the long lost '74 tour.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 25, 2014 13:26

bv

Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

Man - Sweet Virginia? That´s How Strong My Love Is? Time Waits For No One? Waiting On A Friend? Beast of Burden? Ain´t Too Proud To Beg? Heard It Through The Grapevine? Everybody Needs Somebody? Champagne & Reefer? And even Flight 505? Wake me, please! That´s just a dream! I hope they play these songs often during the tour - Champagne & Reefer would be perfect for Pinkpop with Joe Bonamassa as a special guest. ;-)

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 25, 2014 14:39

I was hoping for more than 19 Songs more like US Shows

Date: May 25, 2014 15:06

They rehearse 50-60 songs. Not really planning to perform every song, rehearsals are to warm up, have fun, get the groove, make the mood and enjoy what is to come. Like a football player at practice, playing with the ball. Not at the game the same way but some parts.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 25, 2014 15:12

Kaisan
bv

Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

Man - Sweet Virginia? That´s How Strong My Love Is? Time Waits For No One? Waiting On A Friend? Beast of Burden? Ain´t Too Proud To Beg? Heard It Through The Grapevine? Everybody Needs Somebody? Champagne & Reefer? And even Flight 505? Wake me, please! That´s just a dream! I hope they play these songs often during the tour - Champagne & Reefer would be perfect for Pinkpop with Joe Bonamassa as a special guest. ;-)

Yowza

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 25, 2014 15:17

Now on place in Oslo finally. Is there Any plans for some drinks tonight?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 25, 2014 15:29

From KR's facebook page:
Little Steven and KR meet up in Oslo. Little Steven is in town filming Lilyhammer.

Date: May 25, 2014 15:33

gotdablouse
Yep wonder why it was only played at O2/1, something must have gone wrong for them...not that anyone noticed AFAIK.

They always play a modern song at the beginning of a tour and then drop it from the set. It's just business as usual. The Stones are VERY set in their ways.

1994 : Undercover of the Night

1989 : Shattered

1981 : Tops

2002 : Rock and a Hard Place ( 1997 as well )

2005 : Not a modern song but " Heartbreaker" seemed to fill that position in the set.
(After the Giants Stadium concert in 2005,it did not return until 2007.)

2012 : Out of Control

It's as though when they return from a long break and really have time to think about constructing a set list,they feel that they should include modern material but then they must be disappointed by the crowd reaction of the casual fans ??

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 25, 2014 15:44

First off, Time Waits For No One rehearsed? Will it actually see the light of day??

Second, what a great photo of Keith and Steven!!

Thirdly, there is absolutely nothing better than the Rolling Stones being active. I wish I lived in Europe to see at least a couple of shows. Should be something real special.....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 25, 2014 16:05

I love the album Its only Rock and Roll and I'm excited to see
they played 4 to 5 tracks from That album.

If you can't rock me. Somebody WILL!
A classic.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 25, 2014 16:09

Winning Ugly VXII
gotdablouse
Yep wonder why it was only played at O2/1, something must have gone wrong for them...not that anyone noticed AFAIK.

They always play a modern song at the beginning of a tour and then drop it from the set. It's just business as usual. The Stones are VERY set in their ways.

1994 : Undercover of the Night

1989 : Shattered

1981 : Tops

2002 : Rock and a Hard Place ( 1997 as well )

2005 : Not a modern song but " Heartbreaker" seemed to fill that position in the set.
(After the Giants Stadium concert in 2005,it did not return until 2007.)

2012 : Out of Control

It's as though when they return from a long break and really have time to think about constructing a set list,they feel that they should include modern material but then they must be disappointed by the crowd reaction of the casual fans ??

The electrics blew during Shattered at the first 1989 show in Philadelphia, I read that it got dropped because Keith thought it might be a bad omen???

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 25, 2014 16:13

Little Steven left Telenor yesterday in one of the cars.
He didn't have to catch the bus like some of us. winking smiley

Date: May 25, 2014 16:17

They need a guest on stage for one of the songs. A guitar player who can share the microphone with Mick on Respectable or a similar Guitar filled song...

Bjornulf

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: May 25, 2014 16:38

[www.iorr.org]

For me this sheet of paper is not from the norwegian rehearsals but more probably from LA : Can't be seen is not present and many of the rare songs were actually rehearsed last year

Date: May 25, 2014 16:52

marclaff
[www.iorr.org]

For me this sheet of paper is not from the norwegian rehearsals but more probably from LA : Can't be seen is not present and many of the rare songs were actually rehearsed last year

It is from the May 2014 rehearsals 100% for sure. Trust me.

Bjornulf

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 25, 2014 17:06

bv
marclaff
[www.iorr.org]

It is from the May 2014 rehearsals 100% for sure. Trust me.

Thanks for all your reports and updates. You made me a happy man, the last week. Thanks. !! and Ban Marclaff from this site please !!

Jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 25, 2014 17:19

If Little Steven will be guesting it's gotta be on a rocker, Respectable or something, something he can be choiring on

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 25, 2014 17:28

great guy Little Steven, esp for his work for South Africa, remember the song Silver and Gold with Keef and ronnie....

Great song, loved it and still do !!!!!!!!!!!!

jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 25, 2014 18:09

What, "Time Waits For No One" was rehearsed" ? In London ? I wonder why it's the only one without a BPM number.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-25 18:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 25, 2014 18:30

Hopefully they will play some of those songs that would obviously feature Taylor, like Time Waits For No One.

Won't be surprised at all if they don't though. Mick's gotta stay with the safe.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 25, 2014 18:32

man, they should start selling vip packages to attend rehearsals. period grinning smiley

Date: May 25, 2014 20:45

Breaking News: Check out official Oslo rehearsal video on Rolling Stones official website! Out of Control!

Stones On Fire In A Blaze Of Glory! hot smiley

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: May 25, 2014 20:55

Kaisan
bv

Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

This is obviously not a list of songs rehearsed, but a prepared list of what they can choose from to rehearse.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: May 25, 2014 21:03

TimeIs
Kaisan
bv

Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

This is obviously not a list of songs rehearsed, but a prepared list of what they can choose from to rehearse.

I think you are right Timels. Ronnie Wood makes detailed rehearsal setlists like a piece of art at the spot since years. I have downloaded some pictures of it thru the years. Would like to show them but don't know how.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-25 21:05 by OutOfTime.

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: May 25, 2014 21:21

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 25, 2014 21:37

Nice to see that guy is still around, but where's the carava ? ;-) [www.iorr.org]

Makes sense for the list of potential songs to rehearse vs songs actually rehearsed.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 25, 2014 22:00

That`s the Corvette Stingray that I talked about last summer. It was exhibited at the central square of Drontheim, Norway, together with the caravan, during an AM car show. The owner, who is the driver in the pic, is a diehard from Drontheim. My impression is he can`t get enough of The Stones, which is a rather lame way to put it.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 25, 2014 22:00

Little Steven talks about the Stones and his friend Keith with Thea Steen of Dagbladet - Google Translated:

Little Steven met Keith Richards in Oslo

[instagram.com]

"They sounded absolutely stunning in rehearsal. People can really enjoy. I'd rather not reveal too much, but let me just say one thing: I have never heard them better."

"We've known each other a long time, Keith and I, and his wonderful manager Jane Rose. I met him at rehearsal yesterday.

I don't see him often enough. I wish we could spend more time together, but we're both busy... Our paths our cross sometimes, and that's always nice. He's a good friend, a really good friend."

He hopes to attend tomorrow's show - "We're still filming "Lilyhammer", but if we are finished on time and it's not too late, I'll make the trip."

[www.kjendis.no]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 25, 2014 23:05

Flight 502?!? AWESOME!! So many great rare tracks on those lists!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1885
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home