Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals in Oslo May 2014
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 23, 2014 20:12

great great great-and thanks for the reports.

i have to admit that everytime i had to look at my calender for business,in the back of my mind i was thinking...6 more weeks...5 more weeks....2 more weeks.

just an uneasy feeling the whole time the band was off the road that i cant explain. seeing the fans outside the rehearsals and the band arriving made things so much better,like we can exhale now.

cant wait for monday and the show reports-so far,so good brother.

Date: May 23, 2014 21:19

lem motlow
great great great-and thanks for the reports.

i have to admit that everytime i had to look at my calender for business,in the back of my mind i was thinking...6 more weeks...5 more weeks....2 more weeks.

just an uneasy feeling the whole time the band was off the road that i cant explain. seeing the fans outside the rehearsals and the band arriving made things so much better,like we can exhale now.

cant wait for monday and the show reports-so far,so good brother.

Just curious, what were you feeling so uneasy about?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 23, 2014 21:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 21:46 by Bastion.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 23:41

Am looking so much forward to see them in my capital city! However, gotta work and cannot travel the about 1,5 hours down to Oslo until Monday afternoon (will leave a few hours early). Trying to decide which shirt to wear, hehe. grinning smiley I truly hope to be there around 6 pm when the doors open or, if the others I am meeting are able to, even before. I got their tickets, so can´t go in until we meet.

We have standing tickets and I would prefer to be as much up front as possible with those. I have never been too close to the stage and it would be fun to try. Any idea if it might be possible to walk around the sides of GC? Anyway, I will be so happy to see them again no matter what - after the great experience in Hyde Park July 6 2013. And it will be my concert number 15! cool smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 24, 2014 00:51

Mick was the last one out tonight from the extended rehearsals at the Telenor Arena. And he was the only one to roll down the car window. We were few, and he gave us a big and wide smile. I could read he was ready and he was enjoying being on the road again soon.

Today they did SWAY with Mick Taylor. Before they were ready to do that song Mick Taylor was playing with his guitar. So what happens then? First it was his "Midnight rambler" intro, then he moved into "You Goptta Move". A greast blues improvisation by a great blues guitar player. Then they were all ready and they did SWAY...

We got Worried about you with Mick on the piano. We got a strong and loud and dirty "Street Fighting Man". They did "Dead Flower" because thjey know Norway must have a country song.

And they did "Can't You Hear Me Knocking". Of course. With Mick Taylor. Of course.

Keith did "You Got The Silver" and "Can't Be Seen". So there will be changes in his set too.

All in all 24 songs with 3 takes of Out Of Control. Including the Mick Taylor blues special.

We were four fans as Mick arrived, and the small group had grown into some 17 fans as they left. Some left for the Peter Gabriel show in Spektrum. I hope Gabriel was good. Personally I biked around Telenor Arena a dozen or two times. And as they had all left, I biked home with a big big smile. I had seen Mick, he was happy, he gave us a great smile, and it is great to be a Stones fan when the band give such great feedback to us, after a long evening of great songs.

I will write more later, and I have got a nice little souvenir to show, stay tuned.

By the way, the first fans from abroad started to arrive today, friends from UK and Japan among others. Tomorrow Saturday will be busy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: May 24, 2014 01:12

Great, BV! WOW. That would be excellent, so many songs I have never heard live! Dead flowers was a very popular song in 1998, when Mick introduced it with "Here´s a little country song for ya". CYHMK with Mick T, or Sway...a dream! I also read that they did other songs, like Rocks off and If you can´t rock me. How cool wouldn´t that be? cool smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 24, 2014 02:56

Meanwhile, somewhere presumably in Oslo, Bernard ran into these folks, he said an hour ago on Facebook:

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: May 24, 2014 03:03

Some photos shot from distance, but you can see Keith's smiling as alwayssmiling smiley

All the Best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-24 03:12 by Heart for Stones.

Date: May 24, 2014 03:06

Heart for Stones
Some photos shot from distance, but you can see Keith's smiling as alwayssmiling smiley

And he's wearing That Jacket. grinning smiley Great pics, thanks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2014 03:12

....similar but not exactly THAT jacket ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: May 24, 2014 03:16

thanks for the info
wonderfull KEITH SET !!!!
good setlist rehearsal today smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 24, 2014 03:18

Meanwhile, somewhere presumably in Oslo, Bernard ran into these folks, he said an hour ago on Facebook

.....Steve Van Zandt with Jane Rose

ROCKMAN

Date: May 24, 2014 04:09

Is that Jane Rose?? Didn't recognize her with straight hair.

(I missed this one that Bernard labeled "Arriving." It sorta cries out for a caption.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-24 04:18 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 24, 2014 04:18

Aquamarine

It looks good on her.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 24, 2014 04:23

bv
"Mick was the last one out tonight from the extended rehearsals at the Telenor Arena. And he was the only one to roll down the car window. We were few, and he gave us a big and wide smile. I could read he was ready and he was enjoying being on the road again soon."

So nice to hear. Thanks.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 24, 2014 04:24

MingSubu
Aquamarine

It looks good on her.

Yes it does, yes it does! They all look soooo good. Thanks so much for the pics and great reports. We love you! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 24, 2014 07:34

Heart for Stones

Keith Richards: 70 years old and still "The King of Cool!" Mick Taylor looking good also. Looks like he has trimmed down some. Let's rock!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-25 09:12 by bv.

Date: May 24, 2014 07:49

bv
Mick was the last one out tonight from the extended rehearsals at the Telenor Arena. And he was the only one to roll down the car window. We were few, and he gave us a big and wide smile. I could read he was ready and he was enjoying being on the road again soon.

Today they did SWAY with Mick Taylor. Before they were ready to do that song Mick Taylor was playing with his guitar. So what happens then? First it was his "Midnight rambler" intro, then he moved into "You Goptta Move". A greast blues improvisation by a great blues guitar player. Then they were all ready and they did SWAY...

We got Worried about you with Mick on the piano. We got a strong and loud and dirty "Street Fighting Man". They did "Dead Flower" because thjey know Norway must have a country song.

And they did "Can't You Hear Me Knocking". Of course. With Mick Taylor. Of course.

Keith did "You Got The Silver" and "Can't Be Seen". So there will be changes in his set too.

All in all 24 songs with 3 takes of Out Of Control. Including the Mick Taylor blues special.

We were four fans as Mick arrived, and the small group had grown into some 17 fans as they left. Some left for the Peter Gabriel show in Spektrum. I hope Gabriel was good. Personally I biked around Telenor Arena a dozen or two times. And as they had all left, I biked home with a big big smile. I had seen Mick, he was happy, he gave us a great smile, and it is great to be a Stones fan when the band give such great feedback to us, after a long evening of great songs.

I will write more later, and I have got a nice little souvenir to show, stay tuned.

By the way, the first fans from abroad started to arrive today, friends from UK and Japan among others. Tomorrow Saturday will be busy.

Great report! Thanks for all you do. smileys with beer

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: May 24, 2014 10:49

we were Walking down the street from the Castle to our Hotel and bumped into Bernard Fowler. He was very friendly and was ready to take a photo with us Unfortunately I still don't know how to get the photos in here

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 24, 2014 10:53

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: May 24, 2014 13:03

Kaisan
video: [www.youtube.com]

Nice - not exactly fly on the wall. But for all you (us) guitar nerds if youpause on 0:31 you can see what must be Taylor's pedal board. Plenty of Boss pedals on there - shame they don't give him a sponsorship deal or something.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 24, 2014 13:32

Taylor!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 24, 2014 14:25

Thanks bv and fellow iorrians for the reporting. Looking forward to Berlin 2 weeks and 3 smileys with beerdays to go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-24 15:01 by desertblues68.

Date: May 24, 2014 16:27

desertblues68
Thanks bv and fellow iorrians for the reporting. Looking forward to Berlin 2 weeks and 3 smileys with beerdays to go

By the time the Stones reach Berlin all of Europe will be burning up with Stones Fever!

Stones On Fire In A Blaze Of Glory hot smiley

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 24, 2014 18:32

bv

What about the souvenir, BV

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 24, 2014 21:45

Many thanks for the great pics and report.
I am delighted of the songs bv mentioned

Date: May 25, 2014 00:20

Alex Richards just posted that she was on her way to Oslo--"heritage is always important." I hadn't remembered about the Hansens having Norwegian heritage. So I guess this is quite a personal gig for them. smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 25, 2014 09:33

So................will they return to the Arena for one more rehearsal, or just be with their families on this sunday. ..

i guess be with their loved ones.

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-25 09:34 by corriecas.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 25, 2014 09:41

Aquamarine
Alex Richards just posted that she was on her way to Oslo--"heritage is always important." I hadn't remembered about the Hansens having Norwegian heritage. So I guess this is quite a personal gig for them. smiling smiley

They stayed for a few days last time to visit family according to Keith.
Was a TV interview when he released the book.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 25, 2014 13:03

I have published photos and some reports here, more to come soon:

The Rolling Stones rehearsals
Oslo, Norway May 2014

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home