Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: The Rolling Stones in Oslo May 2014
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:25

MoreFastNumbers
drorcolargol
RESP ?

Respectable

yes

Bjornulf

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:33

Hope they do ER standard in europe....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:43

Have a great time. Thanks for the info.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:48

Still can't quite believe how soon it all is!

Thanks for the reports. I couldn't help looking (despite telling myself I wanted surprises this time...).

There was no way I could make this show, which is a shame because I'd love to see Oslo. Hopefully I'll get to visit another time.

Oslo will definitely a great place to be the next few days. Hope you all have a fantastic time! hot smiley

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 21, 2014 22:58

Looking forward to come to Oslo for the first time. Hope a few gems like Emotional Rescue and a song never played before live, or at least a song I've never heard live. Hope also to get a nice spot in the venue with our Lucky Dip tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 22:58 by Christiaan.

Date: May 21, 2014 23:32

EMOTIONAL RESCUE:
Many say they don't like ER, but many have not seen and heard it live on this tour. It is simply one of the biggest crowd pleasers. The crowd is dancing and singing and most people just love it when Mick is really into it. A big surprise like you have been away from a good friend and suddenly your friend is there right in front of you. It is a must on this tour. Crowd pleaser.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 21, 2014 23:47

bv
EMOTIONAL RESCUE:
Many say they don't like ER, but many have not seen and heard it live on this tour. It is simply one of the biggest crowd pleasers. The crowd is dancing and singing and most people just love it when Mick is really into it. A big surprise like you have been away from a good friend and suddenly your friend is there right in front of you. It is a must on this tour. Crowd pleaser.
Perfect as a replacement for Miss You.

Posted by: connection91 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:13

Thommie
bv
EMOTIONAL RESCUE:
Perfect as a replacement for Miss You.

The right replacement should be Darry Jones, really don't like his playing!

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:17

bv
EMOTIONAL RESCUE:

the funny thing is that i saw it live right next to you bv>grinning smiley< hyde park 2. for me the song destroyed the momentum of the show a bit. live and even more on the bootlegs. i must admit that you have much more experience in judging the reaction of the crowd for that song as you seen all showsthumbs upgrinning smiley in my opinion, as the setlists are now down to 18-20 songs, ER fills the `obscurity`slot in the set. if you think about the gems they have in their backcatalogue just to name a few like -->

one hit
ventilator blues
slave
let it loose
jigsaw puzzle (slide battle between Ronnie & Mick T.smileys with beer)

or more realistic to be played live

CYHMK
Sway (with mick t.)
love in vain (with mick t.)
i heard it through the grapevine
till the next time
little red rooster
beast of burden
out of control
around and around
lady jane
champaign and reefer
i wanna be your man
i´m going down
2000 light years from home (later in the set in the dark)
moonlight mile
come on>grinning smiley<

etc.

to be played in the set instead of ER, my choice would be very easy...

just my two centssmileys with beer

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-22 14:04 by VOODOOSEBI.

Posted by: SessionsMartin ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:23

Some kind of kharma that they open their tour leg in Oslo and rehearse there too. Thanks to >BV<.

Date: May 22, 2014 00:40

This thread is about their visit to Oslo. I don't think we should spend time discussing set lists here. We should be glad they are still on tour performing, and I love every song they do. The day I don't enjoy a particular Stones song then they will carry be out in a coffin.

Bjornulf

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: May 22, 2014 00:49

bv
This thread is about their visit to Oslo. I don't think we should spend time discussing set lists here. We should be glad they are still on tour performing, and I love every song they do. The day I don't enjoy a particular Stones song then they will carry be out in a coffin.

sorry, you´re completly right with every word you say. i don´t wanted to offend anybody, i just wanted to explain why i´m not hoping that ER gets a permanent slot in the set

But you are right bv, you have to be happy & i am very happy, that they are still out there and doing it in a fantastic way.

can´t wait that the games will begin again next monday in oslo>grinning smiley<

all the best

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-22 00:51 by VOODOOSEBI.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: May 22, 2014 02:13

Hey BV,
Thanks for all the posts and news. I hope they play ER as it would be a new experience for me. I'll post my wishes for setlist elsewhere. The tour will be wonderful & full of wonderful memories for all.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 22, 2014 03:35

Just had to put a word in on ER. I really enjoyed it live--it got better and better as the tour went on, I thought, in the areas where I saw a few shows in the US.

Wish i could be there again in Oslo, went to a Stones-related function in Oslo a few years ago, had a great time, met some IORR people.

Have much fun, everyone!!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-22 03:40 by angee.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 22, 2014 04:04

BV - thanks for the reports. As for ER when I took my son to one of the Boston shows ER was the highlight for him! he is 12 and asked why he'd never heard that one and I admit I always skip it as I don't care for it but watching him when they did it live was great!!!

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 06:38

I was at both Toronto shows and I remember at the first one when they played Emotional Rescue everyone around me was singing and dancing and really got into it. Especially when Mick sang "I will be your knight in shining armor" everyone was laughing and all smiles around. The second show the momentum was killed for Worried About You and Rocks Off but when Emotional Rescue followed It picked right back up. It was ashamed because when it went down because Worried About You is rarely played and Rocks Off gets rotated a lot but I understood more of the diehard fans were at the first show and more people who went to the second are people who figured they better see them because it might be their last chance.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 22, 2014 12:51

bv
They are currently rehearsing in a studio just outside Oslo. Mick Taylor is there too.

Good to read you're having fun!
Since they are in IORR's hometown Oslo and given the fact that they know how important this online magazine is like you yourself stated (not only as a digital newspaper but as well as a marketing instrument) wouldn't it be logic, normal and/or nice to treat IORR as a serious media partner like all other newspapers, magazines and tv-stations and sit down for a chat with say you and DP to narrow or broadcast on a Youtube IORR-channel?
MJ might be difficult these days but why would RW & KR mind doing that? It would create such a nice atmosphere for everyone to see them answering some serious questions asked by serious people who know a thing or two about their music...about guitars and riffs and licks and songwriting and stuff...
Wouldn't you like to try doing that? Or wouldn't they like doing that confused smiley

Posted by: Vwoods747 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 16:46

Too much speculation. Let's sit back and enjoy the anticipation!

OSLO
PARIS
VIENNA
DUSSELDORF
ROME
STOCKHOLM

Date: May 22, 2014 16:52

All the speculation comes to an end soon. Is everybody ready? Are you way down there in the back ready? I think everybody is about ready!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2014 17:15

Ronnie and MT leaving rehearsals, May 21. Photo: EIVIND GRIFFITH BRÆNDE/vg.no
___

Enjoying rehearsing in #Oslo ~ see you Monday : ) #STONESONFIRE

@Ronnie Wood

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:30

VOODOOSEBI
bv

sorry, you´re completly right with every word you say. i don´t wanted to offend anybody, i just wanted to explain why i´m not hoping that ER gets a permanent slot in the set

But you are right bv, you have to be happy & i am very happy, that they are still out there and doing it in a fantastic way.

all the best

Yikes!

This reminds me of the Billy Mumy Twilight Zone episode called "It's A Good Life," in which a child with lethal telekinetic powers holds a town hostage:

[en.wikipedia.org]

I think it's Ok to have an opinion here, right? Or not?

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 22, 2014 18:38

SessionsMartin
Some kind of kharma that they open their tour leg in Oslo and rehearse there too. Thanks to >BV<.

For sure! A huge "thank you"!

Hope everyone going to the show has the time of their life!!!

And the world keeps turning
And life goes on
The world keeps turning
May your heart stay strong.....

Date: May 22, 2014 19:55

Gonna be a hot time in the old town of Oslo come Monday night!

Stones On Fire In A Blaze Of Glory hot smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 22, 2014 21:39

LongBeachArena72
VOODOOSEBI
bv

all the best

Yikes!

This reminds me of the Billy Mumy Twilight Zone episode called "It's A Good Life," in which a child with lethal telekinetic powers holds a town hostage:

[en.wikipedia.org]

I think it's Ok to have an opinion here, right? Or not?

classic episode. Apt citation also. It is OK to have an opinion. Just keep it to yourself.

Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals for the European Tour 2014
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 22, 2014 21:58

DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
DandelionPowderman

Even further back, I guess the family name was Johnsen smiling smiley

could've been Janssen, too. it's my last name and very common in northern germany. everybody kinda agrees it originates from scandinavia

And Jensen smiling smiley

Nonsen smiling smiley

Almost everyone in Holland has Jansen or Janssen as family name.
Because Jan is the most common Dutch name and 'sen' stands for son (zoon in nowadays Dutch)

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: May 22, 2014 22:58

BV to have the Stones in your homeland it has to exciting. Please continue with your info for all of us in the states. Thank you.

Re: The Rolling Stones rehearsals for the European Tour 2014
Date: May 22, 2014 23:37

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
DandelionPowderman

Even further back, I guess the family name was Johnsen smiling smiley

could've been Janssen, too. it's my last name and very common in northern germany. everybody kinda agrees it originates from scandinavia

And Jensen smiling smiley

Nonsen smiling smiley

Almost everyone in Holland has Jansen or Janssen as family name.
Because Jan is the most common Dutch name and 'sen' stands for son (zoon in nowadays Dutch)

It's the same here, of course. In Denmark, too. The swedes kept the "son"-endings, though smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2014 23:47

bye bye johnny

Funny to think how much those two guys are discussed here, and how much tension is put here between them by "Taylorites" and "Woodities", and now they are sitting there on the backseat together... Isn't that lovely?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 01:17 by bv.

Date: May 22, 2014 23:54

Lovely, indeed thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:10

Kleerie...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home