Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26
Re: The definitive anti-scalper thread - let them choke on it !!
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:03

Is this the stock market?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:13

shattered
Is this the stock market?

You'd think so, wouldn't you ? winking smiley

Keep smiling, and if you're after a ticket or two in the pelouse VIP section, enjoy the prospect of f***ing a scalper come D Day !! cool smiley

3.5 times face, don't make me laugh !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: WORLD TICKET SHOP - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 31, 2014 13:13

TheBishopsDaughter
Think I have been ripped off by WORLD TICKET SHOP re:my ticket for Paris. I paid for a 'VIP Pelouse' (Tongue Pit) ticket, top price and they have sent me 'VIP Pelouse Debout', which is not what I ordered. After numerous emails and phone calls they say I have got what I paid for. Have reported it to my Credit Card people who are taking the matter up - ticket looks like a cheap 'FAKE' as it doesn't look like my friends' tickets, there is no wallet and it has no map of The Stade de France or info re: wristbands etc, as with the GOOD ticket I bought from Shelley. And strangely enough the company I bought it from haven't asked for it back and I'm keeping it as proof for my Credit Card people. Does anybody else have a Stade de Frence. The ticket is mainly red, with 'VIP PELOUSE DEBOUT' on it.Anyone else have a ticket like that. If I knew how to post a photo I would. HELP!!!

I have Pelouse VIP and the ticket is beige/brown with a gold hologram sticker. There is a map of the stadium on the back of the ticket. The one you describe sounds very suspicious. World Ticket Shop's ratings are terrible. You definitely should pursue the issue, because if they operate like other brokers, the seller shouldn't be paid unless the dispute is resolved.

Date: May 31, 2014 13:24

drbryant
TheBishopsDaughter
Think I have been ripped off by WORLD TICKET SHOP re:my ticket for Paris. I paid for a 'VIP Pelouse' (Tongue Pit) ticket, top price and they have sent me 'VIP Pelouse Debout', which is not what I ordered. After numerous emails and phone calls they say I have got what I paid for. Have reported it to my Credit Card people who are taking the matter up - ticket looks like a cheap 'FAKE' as it doesn't look like my friends' tickets, there is no wallet and it has no map of The Stade de France or info re: wristbands etc, as with the GOOD ticket I bought from Shelley. And strangely enough the company I bought it from haven't asked for it back and I'm keeping it as proof for my Credit Card people. Does anybody else have a Stade de Frence. The ticket is mainly red, with 'VIP PELOUSE DEBOUT' on it.Anyone else have a ticket like that. If I knew how to post a photo I would. HELP!!!

I have Pelouse VIP and the ticket is beige/brown with a gold hologram sticker. There is a map of the stadium on the back of the ticket. The one you describe sounds very suspicious. World Ticket Shop's ratings are terrible. You definitely should pursue the issue, because if they operate like other brokers, the seller shouldn't be paid unless the dispute is resolved.

Send a scanned image or picture of the ticket to me through my Gmail account (click on my name and you'll see my email contact details) and I will gladly post it on this message board for you, in this thread or any other you designate. No problem, glad to help

Date: June 2, 2014 06:02

paulywaul
drbryant
TheBishopsDaughter

Send a scanned image or picture of the ticket to me through my Gmail account (click on my name and you'll see my email contact details) and I will gladly post it on this message board for you, in this thread or any other you designate. No problem, glad to help

Sorry I missed this. I can send a picture of the ticket. Prices on Viagogo for VIP are down a bit, but still very expensive given the size of the section.

Date: June 2, 2014 22:55

drbryant
paulywaul
drbryant
TheBishopsDaughter

Sorry I missed this. I can send a picture of the ticket. Prices on Viagogo for VIP are down a bit, but still very expensive given the size of the section.

Yup, they're on their way down, cheapest pelouse VIP (pit) ticket is now €300, still an outrageous markup (x3) ....... so a good way to go yet. And it's no surprise that availability is going up, there's currently 118 available ! Bizarre ?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 2, 2014 23:05

Keep on it Paul. We'll stick it to them. I'd bet that a couple of thousand tickets will be put on sale on the day to stuff the touts. Oslo was fab btw.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very cheap tickets for Berlin and Dusseldorf - what is going on?
Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: June 3, 2014 14:43

Seems like the black market is not working well this time. I see some very cheap tickets selling on ebay:

Dusseldorf (FOS 1, Ronnies side) for just 18 Euro:

[www.ebay.de]

Berlin Standing Area / FOS for just 54 Euro:

[www.ebay.de]

What is going on? I heard it was a quick sell out, why are tickets so cheap then?

Re: Very cheap tickets for Berlin and Dusseldorf - what is going on?
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: June 3, 2014 14:49

Tickets for Düsseldorf have been available through official sellers [www.eventim.de] continuously for the last couple of weeks.

If this is to put off scalpers, it seems to have been succesful.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2014 14:53

What's 'going on' is that the term 'sell out' is utterly meaningless for any large scale music event in the seatwave/getmein/viagogo era.

Have said it before, but there's never any need to panic buy overpriced tickets. Half of them seem to be bought by absent-minded people who five minutes later remember that they are getting their toenails manicured on the night of the show but who will be willing to let you ease their pain on missing it by paying them three times the face value.

The artist and promoters are relying on the stupidity and greed of thousands of wannabee ticket touts to make their profits. The 02 and Barclays Centre shows were the prime examples of that.

People should know by now that the market value for these shows is less than what the face value is. No one should ever be paying above face value for a ticket that expensive, especially for a stadium show. In almost all cases, the demand simply isnt there to genuinely sell out venues of that size.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 3, 2014 14:54

They are not cheap tickets if they are up for auction.

Watch a number of last minute bidders (the seller themselves) push the price right up. That's the way it works.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 14:55 by petewasbristol.

Date: June 3, 2014 14:55

By the way, arent those Berlin prices just a starting bid price?

I'd expect them to go for considerably more but with the gig a week away, the seller is presumably getting nervous that he wont get rid of them, hence the low starting price.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:19

I think you want to sell your tickets and therefore you spam here all the time in all threads

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 3, 2014 15:21

It does look a bit strange that all the links are from the same seller...dj-rotwein

Date: June 3, 2014 15:23

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 16:06 by Gazza.

Date: June 3, 2014 16:37

[www.ebay.de]

Still very cheap...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 16:43

I have never bought anything from e-bay, but still know that the serious bidding takes place in the last few seconds. That it is cheap 4 hours before the end of the auction means nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 16:45 by Happy24.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 3, 2014 17:00

At this time there are still more than 300 auctions and sales on german Ebay for Berlin alone. Most of those tickets will be sold under face value. Prices have been falling for quite a while now.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 17:38

I bought my for 278 euro berlin standing ticket. for me the price is ok, some weeks ago they sale tickets for 400 euro up in ebay. its not possible for me to wait more time for cheaper price because i have to arrange the flight and hotel as well.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2014 18:26

Berlin pit gone for 226 Euro at ebay.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2014 18:28

What indeed is going on? Some posters seem to have a curiously keen interest in drawing attention to ebay.de ticket sales on the Tell Me and All Sold Out pages. Funny, that...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 3, 2014 18:28

If you check "rolling stones berlin" on ebay.de you get 308 offers for tickets.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 3, 2014 19:08

Beast
What indeed is going on? Some posters seem to have a curiously keen interest in drawing attention to ebay.de ticket sales on the Tell Me and All Sold Out pages. Funny, that...

Couldn't help but notice that too.

I prefer to see the sellers long face in front of the venue, when the Stones are already into their first song.

"What's your ticket worth now, mate?"

Date: June 3, 2014 21:32

Still under 100 Euro FOS 1 Dussedorf - and just 40 minutes to go.... Long, long, long face...

[www.ebay.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 21:44 by stonethobo.

Date: June 4, 2014 06:34

paulywaul
drbryant
TheBishopsDaughter

Sorry for the delay. I just sent you images of the front and back of my ticket. Note that I covered the bar codes for security reasons, and that there is a hologram sticker on the left side of the ticket. Be careful of counterfeits if buying on the day of the show, guys.

Date: June 4, 2014 08:26

paulywaul
drbryant
TheBishopsDaughter

To TheBishopsDaughter ............ here is what a legit ticket looks like

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2014 16:22

I wonder why it has "PELOUSE OR" written on the left of the stub, I suppose it's a technicality with "PELOUSE VIP" being a subsection of "PELOUSE OR" but it is a tad confusing...and worrying for second market buyers.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 4, 2014 16:36

I'm not sure if the scalper or the buyer got choked on here ... but get this:

Prince was supposed to play in Berlin on Tuesday, June 2nd.
the only concert in Germany.
at a small venue "Tempodrom" 3500 ppl capacity.
it didn't happen, the concert was cancelled 24 hours before start.
Ticket sales weren't anywhere near to sold out.

Original ticket prices were between 297 and 332 Euros initally
but were lowered to 188 and 332 Euro, because of low demand.

someone on Stonestreff.com reported that a pair of tickets were sold on ebay for
€112 each. Face value was €332 ... each.

The tickets can be returned of course - the question is: who gets which refund?
could the ebay buyer make big profit by returning them to the box office?

Anyway, just goes to show what rediculous pricing can do to mess up all involved parties.

Date: June 4, 2014 16:48

That's a pretty unusual situation. For some reason, every cancelled or rescheduled concert I can think of had very high demand - Michael Jackson at the O2, Stones at Atlantic City, Led Zeppelin at the O2, Stones in Australia, McCartney in Japan just last month. So, secondary market tickets were always at face or above. So, as a buyer, my primary concern has always been to make sure that the Seller will give a refund if a show is cancelled or rescheduled. I don't buy from those that won't.

Date: June 4, 2014 16:55

drbryant
That's a pretty unusual situation. For some reason, every cancelled or rescheduled concert I can think of had very high demand - Michael Jackson at the O2, Stones at Atlantic City, Led Zeppelin at the O2, Stones in Australia, McCartney in Japan just last month. So, secondary market tickets were always at face or above. So, as a buyer, my primary concern has always been to make sure that the Seller will give a refund if a show is cancelled or rescheduled. I don't buy from those that won't.

Right on. Better make sure to double check when you're in for Prince.
Yikes eye popping smiley
he appears to be a notorious no-show, going by this list:

[sites.google.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1420
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home