Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26
Re: Viagogo found guilty of misleading consumers
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 19, 2019 22:43

Sentence them to 300 years solitary confinement with Celine Dion playing permanently in their cell

Nate

Livenation acknowleded to have sold many tickets through resale portals
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 15:05

[www.nu.nl]

It is in Dutch, but in short this proves what many of us suspected. Livenation acknowledges to have sole tickets through resale sited artificially inflating the prices.

Re: OT: TICKET SCALPING ...the end might be coming into sight
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 23, 2019 17:17

Just the past couple of days there was a news report on NBC News about Live Nation being in Cahoots with bands and artists and guess which band was outed for being involved in this nefarious and dirty business of scalping there own tickets ? Answer wait for it METALLICA who of course denied it as they are such upstanding members of the community of all for one as long as I got mine ! Here is a link from TMZ [www.tmz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 17:19 by TheGreek.

Date: July 23, 2019 17:23

Such a rotten and dirty industry , which is rotted from the inside out . No surprises . I think the lesson to be learned is to make BETTER choices and more informed choices before you FORK over your hard earned money for someone else to scam you .

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 23, 2019 19:10

It usually pays to wait until the last gasp to buy concerts tickets when the ticket touts invariably shit themselves and panic sell at a big discount to avoid a 100% loss. Old Father Time calls their bluff every time for shows that aren't a 100% sellout, which the vast majority aren't. I got into the Who at Wembley 2 weeks ago for £47.60. Club deck with cushioned seats originally priced at £155. Another poster on here did even better for the same show winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-23 19:12 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 24, 2019 11:38

Black Keys blocked access to resell tickets by using the Ticketmaster App with "rotating" barcodes, smart !

[www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 24, 2019 13:06

Good for the Black Keys !

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 25, 2019 00:52

gotdablouse
Black Keys blocked access to resell tickets by using the Ticketmaster App with "rotating" barcodes, smart !

[www.rollingstone.com]

They made this decision day of instead of in advance @#$%& over a lot of people.

They still have loads of resale and $500 platinum packages for arena shows too.

But now you are on notice, Ticketmaster doesn't have to honor your tickets, let you sell, transfer, give away etc and they do not have to disclose this up front at time of purchase either.

And LN/TM is going full speed ahead on the next phase of ticketing in spite of numerous problems, like older fans not understanding they need a smart phone (this affected people who drove all the way from San Diego to Arizona for the STones and didn't get in) to the internet slowing down when everyone outside a stadium tries to access it.

Found this on another group:

"I had Wiltern tickets the very next night for Toto. Tickets came up in the app, which I checked two days before and twice on Friday. However, once we got in line, the app just froze/failed completely. Had to go to "will call" while they verified who we were. Frustrating and a little scary given that we'd flown in for a lost weekend. Had they not honored those tickets, I might be sitting in jail somewhere."

I use a $25 smart phone and can rarely get the tickets to load in my app either!

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: September 25, 2019 07:42

Anytime there is a crowd, local cell towers get overloaded for any of the providers. They're doing this type of phone ticketing for the NFL and MLB, resulting in long lines that have caused people to miss parts of games. They want fans' data as much or more than preventing resales.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 25, 2019 19:25

The end is not coming into sight, not even close.

Date: September 26, 2019 09:25

The Black Keys Fiasco Reveals The Depths Ticketmaster Will Go to Monopolize Ticket Distribution

[medium.com]

Date: September 26, 2019 23:29

More details on what happened here : [www.pollstar.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 27, 2019 03:25

gotdablouse
More details on what happened here : [www.pollstar.com]

Wow, this is actually the best one yet as it has actual numbers.

It also puts to rest the lie that scalpers get ALL the tickets for in demand events.

And no one has been able to produce any evidence that there was any forewarning that tickets could not be transferred.

[www.ticketnews.com]

Date: September 27, 2019 12:06

Yes that's really dumb...a bit like, relatively speaking obviously, in "Dr. Strangelove" when the "Doomsday Machine" is kept a secret ;-)

--------------

Date: September 27, 2019 13:57

I just shake my head at the Black Keys debacle at the Wiltern theatre and wonder about the ever growing nefarious Ticketmaster

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 29, 2019 16:22

[www.theguardian.com]

Our favourite scalper still in business !! grinning smiley

Quite how … I cannot for the life of me imagine !

If you ever have anything to do with these c**ts, you are one yourself ! A very stupid one !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 6, 2019 20:48

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 6, 2019 21:17

paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

Good to know. The 2 big players in that market are that lot and StubHub, the latter being marginally more ethical and owned by eBay. I don't think you'll ever completely stop ticket touting but it would be good to see the worst excesses curved.

Date: October 7, 2019 05:59

grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

Good to know. The 2 big players in that market are that lot and StubHub, the latter being marginally more ethical and owned by eBay. I don't think you'll ever completely stop ticket touting but it would be good to see the worst excesses curved.

Actually Ebay is trying to sell off Stubhub which was valued at billions but with TM starting to close off ticket transferability outside their own system and even blocking transfer without any disclosure, acquiring it comes with real risks.

[www.ticketnews.com]

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 9, 2019 18:01

Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

Actually Ebay is trying to sell off Stubhub which was valued at billions but with TM starting to close off ticket transferability outside their own system and even blocking transfer without any disclosure, acquiring it comes with real risks.

[www.ticketnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-11 18:02 by roller99.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 9, 2019 18:12

roller99
Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

[www.ticketnews.com]

Stubhub is owned by Ticketmaster. I'm interviewing a bunch of people for a big feature in Goldmine, and there is a very frank and open discussion with the Stones' promoter, who determines where, how much, and when tickets are sold. It will be an amazing read. I've interviewed almost the entire backline of the band, all except Matt Clifford.

Stubhub IS NOT OWNED BY Live Nation/Ticketmaster.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 26, 2019 06:46

daspyknows
roller99
Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

[www.ticketnews.com]

Stubhub is owned by Ticketmaster. I'm interviewing a bunch of people for a big feature in Goldmine, and there is a very frank and open discussion with the Stones' promoter, who determines where, how much, and when tickets are sold. It will be an amazing read. I've interviewed almost the entire backline of the band, all except Matt Clifford.

Stubhub will be owned by Viagogo

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 26, 2019 07:11

So does scalping still exist?

Date: November 26, 2019 10:10

daspyknows
daspyknows
roller99
Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

[www.ticketnews.com]

[www.cnn.com]

A lot of people were speculating it was going to be Vivid or Amazon.

Helluva risk with all the shakeups in ticketing right now.

Date: November 26, 2019 12:58

They are all in bed with each other in some form or fashion, with only one goal - how to gouge the naïve ticket buying public into outrageous fees and prices all for the sake of a night out on the town for some entertainment .

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 26, 2019 13:16

TheGreek
They are all in bed with each other in some form or fashion, with only one goal - how to gouge the naïve ticket buying public into outrageous fees and prices all for the sake of a night out on the town for some entertainment .

agreed - Robert Cray is plying in Ft Laud in January. Actually, ticket prices are very reasonable. I have played the album "Strong Persuader" at least a zillion times. His setlists are only 15 songs and not much from the treasured album.

Date: November 26, 2019 16:51

Chris Fountain
TheGreek

agreed - Robert Cray is plying in Ft Laud in January. Actually, ticket prices are very reasonable. I have played the album "Strong Persuader" at least a zillion times. His setlists are only 15 songs and not much from the treasured album.
Robert Cray has put on some great shows over the years .

Date: November 26, 2019 18:05

daspyknows
daspyknows
roller99
Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

[www.ticketnews.com]

[www.cnn.com]

An absolute f***ing disaster for the concert going ticket buying public .....

Date: November 26, 2019 18:19

paulywaul
daspyknows
daspyknows
roller99
Dan
grzegorz67
paulywaul
[www.theguardian.com]

It's not getting better it's getting worse and hang on to your wallets cause there coming for em . VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET !

[www.ticketnews.com]

[www.cnn.com]

An absolute f***ing disaster for the concert going ticket buying public .....

Date: January 29, 2020 16:21

[www.theguardian.com]

The headline:

StubHub misleading online ticket buyers, says regulator

O there's a surprise ! (NOT)

StubHub gets taken over by Viagogo - and here ya go. An entirely predictable result.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 24 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home