Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Date: July 10, 2014 11:31

Time will tell...

Germany is the favourite, but I can't get rid of the feeling that Argentina will surprise us.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 10, 2014 11:42

DandelionPowderman
Time will tell...

Germany is the favourite, but I can't get rid of the feeling that Argentina will surprise us.

I expect it will be a chess game again. Both sides will try to make a quick goal, hoping
to surprise the other sides defense.
If a quick goal does not happen, both sides will be careful not to make mistakes.
Then it will be Germany - France or Argentina - Netherlands all over again.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2014 11:44

DandelionPowderman
Time will tell...

Terrible for me Dandy - three Manchester City players in the Argentina but as you know I support Germany. At least if Argentina win I can say Man City helped win the World Cup! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2014 11:47

About the bronze match: Holland's coach says he doesn't want to play it. I remember how our Swedish team were celebrated as heroes when they came back with a bronze after the 1994 WC...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:01

Stoneage
About the bronze match: Holland's coach says he doesn't want to play it. I remember how our Swedish team were celebrated as heroes when they came back with a bronze after the 1994 WC...

..and 1950...smoking smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:42

DandelionPowderman
Time will tell...

yes and it's the last chance for Messi to shine !
I suppose he'll be extremely motivated to show that he's been rewarded for being the best player in the world.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:46

I don't know much about football, but I watched the game last night. It seemed to me like the Dutch team used all sorts of physical intervention to stop Messi and the other fast attacks. Then after 120 minutes the Dutch coach had used up all his three extra replacements, yellow cards and options to prevent an Argentina goal. Some times it felt like the orange team played rugby aussie rules. So the trick with replacing the keeper like in the Costa Rica game was not possible, and the best team won.

Sure it was a boring game, but if they had been allowed to play the game without all the physical interrupts I am sure Argentina would have had a goal or two during normal time. Also, they scored one which seemed like not offside to me. One more think, many of the players were so good at falling, it is a big problem in football. Big guys simply falling in tremedous pain, then taken to the side, then playing like nothing happened one minute later.

It will be an interesting final game. Two great teams meeting up. I hope they play it fair. Then the best will win.

Bjornulf

Date: July 10, 2014 13:35

bv
I don't know much about football, but I watched the game last night. It seemed to me like the Dutch team used all sorts of physical intervention to stop Messi and the other fast attacks. Then after 120 minutes the Dutch coach had used up all his three extra replacements, yellow cards and options to prevent an Argentina goal. Some times it felt like the orange team played rugby aussie rules. So the trick with replacing the keeper like in the Costa Rica game was not possible, and the best team won.

Sure it was a boring game, but if they had been allowed to play the game without all the physical interrupts I am sure Argentina would have had a goal or two during normal time. Also, they scored one which seemed like not offside to me. One more think, many of the players were so good at falling, it is a big problem in football. Big guys simply falling in tremedous pain, then taken to the side, then playing like nothing happened one minute later.

It will be an interesting final game. Two great teams meeting up. I hope they play it fair. Then the best will win.

Great to finally get you on board the World Cup thread BV.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 10, 2014 13:38

This is how football is

Date: July 10, 2014 14:01

Holland, as Bjornulf recalled, often times resorts to hard mesures.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 10, 2014 14:42

I am from London and I am English but my teams chances of winning the World Cup were less than the stones chances of going on for another fifty years.

I have been watching Messi play for several years now and he is the greatest player I have ever seen,so given this and the fact that I am not particularly patriotic I decided two years ago to support Argentina for this World Cup.

So now Argentina arrive in the final and play against the mighty Germany lets all hope for a great game with two footballing superpowers going up against each other and surely as there are rumours of the Rolling Stones playing in Argentina next year wouldn't it be great to visit Argentina to see your favourite band in a country that is still on a high from winning the World Cup.

Good luck Argentina thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Nate

Date: July 10, 2014 15:54

emotionalbarbecue

At Man City the fans used to sing to the music of When The Saints Go Marching In....'oh when De Jong, goes sliding in, oh when De Jong goes sliding in'...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2014 15:58

Silver Dagger
Brazilian fans have a dilemma on Sunday. Support the team that thrashed them 7-1 or.....actually there is no 2nd choice here. sad smiley

I think it will be interesting to see what sort of Brazilian team shows up on Saturday.

Date: July 10, 2014 16:01

Around 8 pm on Sunday I'm probably a World Cup Champion! Don't dare Miss It!

2 1 2 0

Date: July 10, 2014 16:02

Come On

OK, this is starting to get messi.

Date: July 10, 2014 16:05

treaclefingers
Come On

OK, this is starting to get messi.

Yeah I Know!

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: July 10, 2014 16:35

This is the match up I was hoping for. Argentina plays very well defensively but they will need to go on the attack against Germany. And Germany needs to put the last game behind them and play their best one more time.

I think Brasil will surprise the Netherlands on Saturday and Germany will prevail over Argentina.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 10, 2014 16:41

gimmelittledrink

I think Brasil will surprise the Netherlands on Saturday and Germany will prevail over Argentina.

I think Brasil will win the third place indeed. They have something to make up for towards
their fans. The Oranje-team is not interested in this game at all and neither are the
people in The Netherlands.

I think Germany and Argentina will draw: 0 - 0 or maybe 1 - 1.
On penalties Argentina will win, because never a European country wins in the America's.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: July 10, 2014 16:46

marcovandereijk
gimmelittledrink

I think Brasil will win the third place indeed. They have something to make up for towards
their fans. The Oranje-team is not interested in this game at all and neither are the
people in The Netherlands.

I think Germany and Argentina will draw: 0 - 0 or maybe 1 - 1.
On penalties Argentina will win, because never a European country wins in the America's.

...and Brazil hasn't been beaten on home soil since 1975

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 10, 2014 16:51

emotionalbarbecue

The referee did not want to ruin that match by sending off a man with a red card so early in the case of De Jong but if the referee had given out the proper justice, it might have helped Netherlands outlook in general and helped them improve as a team. It would have been rough justice indeed.

Still related, they should almost give West Germany half the 1982 World Cup, France won the '84 Euro. I doubt without this below we would have seen West Germany progress to the finals where they were defeated by Italy. They ruined that World Cup's knockout rounds the way Uruguay ruined Group D this year.

Or maybe that's just football but it certainly isn't the beautiful game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 16:52 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:09

Brazil won in Sweden in 1958, the only time South America has won in Europe.

So if Germany were to win, it would just be evening it up. They may well do it.

Still, Argentina's defense looked very good out there.

Posted by: NoMistake ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:09

Mick jagger Pé Frio

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:10

bv
I don't know much about football

The rest of your post is indeed proof of that.

Re: Telegraph article on Mick's bad luck for Brazil
Date: July 10, 2014 17:16

lem motlow
that is pretty funny.

football fans have something in common with rolling stones fans,they blame jagger for everything.

seriously though,when you get your ass kicked that bad blaming a fan probably isn't the best idea.

Jagger acknowledged his powers

"I can take responsibility for the first German goal but not the other six!" LOLgrinning smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:27

Media reports are citing The Sun as the source of that comment, so it's a very good possibility that Mick actually said nothing of the sort.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:30

Here is one for the whining Brazilians:

Van Gaal could not resist a dig at Brazil either, after the hosts were destroyed by Germany in the other semi-final on Tuesday: "I think that losing 7-1 is worse than losing on penalties."

[us.soccerway.com]

Van Gaal is totally correct, again.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:31

kleermaker
bv
I don't know much about football

The rest of your post is indeed proof of that.

I think you must be a fan with an orange T-shirt if you think Netherlands were the best team last night. These are direct quotes from the "orange" team themselves:

“We created tiny chances,” Robben said. “I had one right before full time. It didn’t come on to me nicely.”

Van Gaal was more brutal, or maybe just more realistic, in his assessment.

“We didn’t create very much,” the coach said.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:33

Silver Dagger
Brazilian fans have a dilemma on Sunday. Support the team that thrashed them 7-1 or.....actually there is no 2nd choice here. sad smiley

funny................

Brazil on Sunday night..........

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 10, 2014 17:54

Both teams made almost no mistakes defending, making the game boring for neutral spectators. Argentina had one chance, Holland had one chance. Must be a boring game.
It was like watching a judo match between two strong men. Nothing happens till someone sees the chance...Now I'm curious to see how Germany will break that wall.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 10, 2014 18:21

A fan attempts to use "The Curse Of Jagger" against Argentina.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 18:23 by andrewt.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home