Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Date: July 9, 2014 01:22

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Brazil has been defensively naive all the way in this tournament. Germany knew exactly how to exploit that. So revealing that it hurts, even for neutral spectators.

I wonder what Scolaris is saying to his team during the break?

I think he said 'I'm going to kill every fu cking one of you'!>grinning smiley<

grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:24

jpasc95
treaclefingers
Silver Dagger
jpasc95
gimmelittledrink
I think Brazil has 96 fouls so far. Today will be crazy.
96 fouls , really ?
it sounds enormous
tonight I think Brazil will show they can beat the heavy graceless German machine with a beautiful way.
let's hope the referee won't give a helping hand to Brazil

Graceless German machine??? Where are you from man, Mars? What football have you been watching? You obviously have an issue with Germany and not their football team.

yes it's pretty obvious...everyone posting here has been pretty gracious but for some reason jpasc95 has been in 'hatemongering' mode.
no I just don't like their football.
you don't agree with me , it's no problem to me. Just try to be a little bit more tolerant.

I don't think I've been 'intolerant'. On the contrary, you've been saying some nasty things which no one else really had, so I just pointed that out. You really weren't able to defend your points either, so the logical conclusion might be that you're really not looking at the game but perhaps have other issues.

Anyway, you can't say the Germans didn't play a good game today.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:27

open-g
Looks like the voodoo curse has backfired.

[sports.yahoo.com]

actually it seems the myth is Jagger is killing off the teams, all the ones he said would win lost, so Brazilian fans made card boards with Jagger showing support for Germany: [www.express.co.uk]

there are no words really, but I've read so many hilarious comments, definitely a night to remember smiling smiley

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:29

zgubi

Oh dear! Some might blame it on Mick. again.

[www.express.co.uk]

The Rolling Stones' frontman appears to be bestowing bad luck upon World Cup teams – by suggesting they will win.

Italy was the latest victim of what local media have dubbed Jagger's "pe frio" – a term for the bad luck he seems to bring which translates literally as "cold foot".

While performing in Rome on Saturday evening, Jagger predicted to the 70,000 crowd that four-time World Cup winners Italy would beat Uruguay to advance to the tournament's knockout phase.

The Italian team proceeded to lose 1-0 on Tuesday and will be heading home.

Portugal suffered a similar fate after Jagger predicted their success.

At a show in Lisbon in May, the Rolling Stone forecasted a World Cup win for Portugal.

After several poor performances in the month-long tournament, Portugal are now on the brink of elimination.

And of course, the rock star cast his curse on his home team England.
Last week he took to Twitter to urge on the Three Lions against Uruguay.

He tweeted: "Let's go England! This is the one to win!!"

They lost 2-1 following two Luis Suarez strikes.

The 2014 World Cup is not the first time Brazilians have blamed Jagger for bad luck.

During the 2010 tournament in South Africa, fans were searching for an answer for their defeat at the hands of the Netherlands in the quarter-finals.

They settled on Jagger, who showed up at the stadium accompanying his son dressed in a Brazilian shirt.

Earlier in that tournament, he had already earned a reputation for losing picks by showing up in the stands with Bill Clinton to cheer on the United States, who lost to Ghana in the second round, and then a day later watched as England were trounced by Germany in a 4-1 defeat
Brazil fans will now be praying that Jagger does not tip their team for the top this time round.

After Italy's defeat on Tuesday, social media sites were full of pleas for the singer to keep his mouth shut.

But despite their fear of his predictions, Brazilians have always been a big fan of the 70-year-old.

The Stones' 2006 concert on Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro drew an estimated 1 million people, a lot more than the 20,000 or so that pack the beach now to watch World Cup games on a giant screen

Date: July 9, 2014 01:32

It would have been funny if Mick played along with the gag and showed up to the game in a German shirt, or wrapped in the German flag or something.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:35

Jean Catuffe

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:37

DandelionPowderman
Brazil has been defensively naive all the way in this tournament. Germany knew exactly how to exploit that. So revealing that it hurts, even for neutral spectators.

I wonder what Scolaris is saying to his team during the break?

Exactly same thoughts and feelings here!

Date: July 9, 2014 01:38

mr_dja
WOW!!

I wish I was watching just to claim I saw it.

Peace,
Mr DJA

This is a day to mark and remember in the whole football history!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:38

Is it Jagger's Brazilian out of wedlock son to the right?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2014 01:39

Stoneage
Is it Jagger's Brazilian out of wedlock son to the right?

Yep.

Date: July 9, 2014 01:55

The official FIFA TV didn't focused on the fans as on the all others matches! It was very notable! I feel sorry for the Brazilian fans and followers but in some way not for the Brazilian team.

@Cristiano Radtke: can you explain me the screams and insults against the President? Did she promised Brazil was going to win the WC or what...? Or is it because the many millions the nation spent in this WC oraganization? I don't get it from here!
Btw, watch out Cristiano I'm getting closer in the prediction game!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2014 02:14

Quique-stone

@Cristiano Radtke: can you explain me the screams and insults against the President? Did she promised Brazil was going to win the WC or what...? Or is it because the many millions the nation spent in this WC oraganization? I don't get it from here!

The second option. There was a lot of protests here against WC because some people wanted to see the money spent on public health, education and security instead of building stadiums around the country (and some of them will be useless after the WC), so that was the main reason for the insults (which I don't agree).

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm still ahead of you. Good luck, everybody. smileys with beer

Date: July 9, 2014 02:15

mr_dja
Quique-stone
Dear Mr. DJA, you could have stayed with your continent instead of your hemisphere...but that's your free election right of course! Let's see which geography wins! LOL

At this point I think I'm hopelessly lost! Actually, my continent (North America) isn't actually an option since all of our teams have been eliminated though you're correct that I could have easilly hopped on a "South" America bandwagon based on continent similarity. I was trying to imply that I was going to stick in the "WESTERN Hemisphere" for my rooting purposes but after reading your post, I realized that I could just have easily been saying that I was rooting for the European teams in the NORTHERN hemisphere. It's all so confusing!

For even more confusion...

Within the past couple of hours I've just found out that my brother-in-law who I meantioned above, although he was born and raised in El Salvador before moving to the USA to be with my sister, is actually a HUGE fan of Holland. He was a bit more conservative than Greg but promised his kids (9&4) that, if Holland actually wins, they are going to San Salvador the very next day to buy replica jerseys for the entire family.

I think I'm going to simplify things by saying: "GO WORLD! Play a beautiful game and I root for you. Play ugly & boring and I'm going to hope you get sent packing!"

Well, I leanrt at school that America is one and only continent (the red one in the Olimpic games rings logo). North America is part of this continent as Central America and South America are too. I don't want to start any polemic right now and I have enjoyed a lot your comments here in this thread and felt a big respect for you and tried to understand all your points of views. You also demostrated you have an open mind and will to learn as much as you can of this sport, which is new for you. A nice detail is that you stop calling this sport soccer and started naming it "international football" which I found it nice and appropriate and even funny btw. But here you seem to have still to open your mind a little bit more if you think the South Americans are less Americans than the people from USA. We are all Americans, no matter if you were born in the North, Centre or South of the continent.
Well back to today's game I guess!

Date: July 9, 2014 02:23

Cristiano Radtke
Quique-stone

The second option. There was a lot of protests here against WC because some people wanted to see the money spent on public health, education and security instead of building stadiums around the country (and some of them will be useless after the WC), so that was the main reason for the insults (which I don't agree).

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm still ahead of you. Good luck, everybody. smileys with beer

Yeah I supposed it so, but what I don't get is that the people who assited today to the stadium was the one who expressed so today. So if Brazil had won today everything was fine for them but as Brazil lost the protested. Hope you can get what I mean!

On the prediction game you were the best of us not matter if you win or not, you leaded the game form the start till today...but it's not finished yet...
As you say: Good luck, everybody!

Date: July 9, 2014 02:28

If I Am not wrong Brazil didn't lose on official competition in his land since hte Copa America from 1975 (1 v 3 to Peru who finally was the champion).

Date: July 9, 2014 02:29

Congrats to Germany for the today's football master class given to the whole World!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 9, 2014 02:31

They were not German team.
I have almost come to believe that they are Flamengo of Rio de Janeiro.smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2014 02:35

Toru A
They were not German team.
I have almost come to believe that they are Flamengo of Rio de Janeiro.smiling smiley

When I saw the shirt they used and how they have played I thought the same!

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 9, 2014 02:44

So much fun to watch

Date: July 9, 2014 03:07

Matt Clifford got to watch with jagger and his son, hope he picks Argentina

Date: July 9, 2014 03:17

I hear this soda will be banned in Brazil starting from tomorrow:

Date: July 9, 2014 03:18

Classic

Date: July 9, 2014 03:23

Stoneage
I hear this soda will be banned in Brazil starting from tomorrow:

well...they're not exactly feeling SPRITE at the moment either.

Date: July 9, 2014 03:37

I wish it stayed 7-0 though

Date: July 9, 2014 03:50

I read that Sir Michael is described as a "pé frio" - a person who brings bad luck - in Brazilian press. Poor commander!

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 9, 2014 03:51

In the 1930 World Cup, Semi-Finals

Argentina 6 1 USA
Uruguay 6 1 Yugoslavia

That tournament for the record was done a lot differently, teams were there by invitation I've heard, nonetheless, this one today was even more lopsided.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 9, 2014 03:57

The 1930 World Cup in Montevideo had nice graphics though:

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 9, 2014 05:02

Quique-stone
mr_dja
Quique-stone
Dear Mr. DJA, you could have stayed with your continent instead of your hemisphere...but that's your free election right of course! Let's see which geography wins! LOL

At this point I think I'm hopelessly lost! Actually, my continent (North America) isn't actually an option since all of our teams have been eliminated though you're correct that I could have easilly hopped on a "South" America bandwagon based on continent similarity. I was trying to imply that I was going to stick in the "WESTERN Hemisphere" for my rooting purposes but after reading your post, I realized that I could just have easily been saying that I was rooting for the European teams in the NORTHERN hemisphere. It's all so confusing!

Within the past couple of hours I've just found out that my brother-in-law who I meantioned above, although he was born and raised in El Salvador before moving to the USA to be with my sister, is actually a HUGE fan of Holland. He was a bit more conservative than Greg but promised his kids (9&4) that, if Holland actually wins, they are going to San Salvador the very next day to buy replica jerseys for the entire family.

I think I'm going to simplify things by saying: "GO WORLD! Play a beautiful game and I root for you. Play ugly & boring and I'm going to hope you get sent packing!"

Well, I leanrt at school that America is one and only continent (the red one in the Olimpic games rings logo). North America is part of this continent as Central America and South America are too. I don't want to start any polemic right now and I have enjoyed a lot your comments here in this thread and felt a big respect for you and tried to understand all your points of views. You also demostrated you have an open mind and will to learn as much as you can of this sport, which is new for you. A nice detail is that you stop calling this sport soccer and started naming it "international football" which I found it nice and appropriate and even funny btw. But here you seem to have still to open your mind a little bit more if you think the South Americans are less Americans than the people from USA. We are all Americans, no matter if you were born in the North, Centre or South of the continent.

I've enjoyed our conversations as well and look forward to them continuing on other topics.

I will absolutely assure you that I have nothing against any "non-USA Americans". You totally misread my statement if you came away with that impression and I apologize for anything that I am wrote that you may have misinterpreted. Here's hoping you'll forgive me smileys with beer

Glad you're enjoying my "international football" reference. Unless my wife and I are able to pull of our plan to live permanently outside of the USA, I'm pretty sure that "football" is probably always going to mean something much different to me than what it means to the majority of the world!

Before I sign off, I'll apologize again for the earlier confusion AND, once again, thank you for educating me on something...

PLEASE NO ONE JOIN THIS PART OF THE CONVERSATION AS I DON'T WANT TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS GREAT WORLD CUP THREAD...

Until I read your above post, I had never known any theory(?) other than that there are 7 continents. After I asked my wife how many she thought there are, she & I both went to Wikipedia and learned something from the animated graph on the top right of the page. Who'd'a thunk it!?!? Viewpoints from 4-7 continents with multiple variations on 5? I would have NEVER known. Here's to ya' teachsmileys with beer! Where'd you go to school?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: July 9, 2014 07:42

mr_dja
Quique-stone
mr_dja
Quique-stone

I've enjoyed our conversations as well and look forward to them continuing on other topics.

I will absolutely assure you that I have nothing against any "non-USA Americans". You totally misread my statement if you came away with that impression and I apologize for anything that I am wrote that you may have misinterpreted. Here's hoping you'll forgive me smileys with beer

Glad you're enjoying my "international football" reference. Unless my wife and I are able to pull of our plan to live permanently outside of the USA, I'm pretty sure that "football" is probably always going to mean something much different to me than what it means to the majority of the world!

Before I sign off, I'll apologize again for the earlier confusion AND, once again, thank you for educating me on something...

PLEASE NO ONE JOIN THIS PART OF THE CONVERSATION AS I DON'T WANT TO TAKE AWAY FROM THIS GREAT WORLD CUP THREAD...

Until I read your above post, I had never known any theory(?) other than that there are 7 continents. After I asked my wife how many she thought there are, she & I both went to Wikipedia and learned something from the animated graph on the top right of the page. Who'd'a thunk it!?!? Viewpoints from 4-7 continents with multiple variations on 5? I would have NEVER known. Here's to ya' teachsmileys with beer! Where'd you go to school?

I guess and hope I didn't misread or misinterpreted any of your words and thoughts but I'm sure you don't have to apologize for anything you have commented here. And I don't need to forgive you for anything at all because you are as polite and respectful as one can be. So let's continue having and enjoying our conversations on this great and multicultural site!
thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2014 07:48

Well I've just woken up and had the strangest dream that Germany beat Brazil 7-1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home