Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 22
Re: Rehearsals for European Tour
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 14, 2014 19:15

I start to read about cancellations..... why?
at this point ? after 7/800.000 sold tickets in europe ?
why are you so negative ?
the tour is on, wtf ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 14, 2014 19:37

why cant we the fans for a price see a live video feed of the stones in rehearsal ?

Date: May 14, 2014 19:44

Worry, worry, worry! Why? The tour is on. They will hit the stage running on May 26 and all will be well in Stonesland, at least until the next break, then it all starts over again, the worry that is. I for one love the intrigue of not knowing every little detail. Some of us need to develop a little trust in our favorite band.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 14, 2014 19:49

Chuck has a show booked on the 17th apparently, so rehearsals would not start before Monday the 19th, and it would make sense for them to rehearse where the first show will take place, you know for production/dress rehearsals and minimizing risks with last minute shuffling of musicians and equipment.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 14, 2014 20:20

They really don't need more than a few days to get limber, really.

Don't expect big changes...it's the same tour that started earlier this year.
It's not like they will suddenly bust out Citadel, 100 Years Ago & Slave or anything like that.

May 26, y'all. It will be here soon enough.

Posted by: SadDayBadDay ()
Date: May 14, 2014 20:47

andrewt

Don't expect big changes...it's the same tour that started in 1989.

pretty harsh assessment....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 14, 2014 21:11

lenurb
I have a full respect for the boss (I like so much what he does) and so I do not want to discuss his position.
But that's sure that I am worrying about the tour start. For many reasons, as simple as I already saw a cancelled tour with no solutions for me to get a "new" ticket !

And the rehearse start news would be a good news. Where ? I don't care (event if I would be happy to run in my neighboorhood to see ...) Which songs ? Anyways.

On another hand, the Mick health or/and feeling is very important, as I am fully sure that he carries the shows on his shoulders. Guitar player can be replaced, regarding the sound, not the smilly face (please don't kill me). Singer show man ??? His gril friend died in horrible way, he's not the first, not the last. Show must go on. Or not. His choice.

Well, the new australian tour was announced, we can probably hope that the europe tour will not be cancelled.

My first show is June 1st, so after 2 others ...

One more shot i guess, dont know what you ar4e on about. better take your medicine i guess. Nothings wrong, the Show is On !!

Jeroen

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 14, 2014 21:12

Certainly there's something called obsessing but to be honest I'd like to know if the tour is on or not. I don't want to waste a lot of money on hotels/travel for nothing, nobody does.

Date: May 14, 2014 21:23

If they play the 1989 setlist now, I'll be over the moon smiling smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 14, 2014 21:36

DandelionPowderman
If they play the 1989 setlist now, I'll be over the moon smiling smiley

Shea Stadium October 1989--- 25 tunes

Start Me Up
Bitch
Sad Sad Sad
Undercover of the Night
One Hit (To the Body)
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
Ruby Tuesday
Angie
Rock and a Hard Place
Mixed Emotions
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Little Red Rooster
(Howlin’ Wolf cover)
Can't Be Seen
(Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Happy
(Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Paint It Black
2000 Light Years from Home
Sympathy for the Devil
Gimme Shelter
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Encore:
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 14, 2014 21:45

That would be a killer! If they do it in the same speed...
If they do it in the speed they use today it could be a 3 hours set grinning smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 22:14

There was nothing wrong with the tempo on the two shows I attended.

Date: May 14, 2014 22:24

DandelionPowderman
There was nothing wrong with the tempo on the two shows I attended.

and there's nothing wrong with Nino Tempo and April Stevens

Date: May 14, 2014 22:27

No there's nothing wrong with. I like it both fast and slow.
But just to hear the difference compare this (2013)

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 22:28 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 14, 2014 22:33

SadDayBadDay
andrewt

Don't expect big changes...it's the same tour that started in 1989.

pretty harsh assessment....

The shadow knows.

Date: May 14, 2014 22:34

Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

It's funny. On the first one, Charlie increases the beat after the intro. On the second version, it's vice versa smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 22:37

Yeah I also noticed that smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 22:38

DandelionPowderman
Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

It's funny. On the first one, Charlie increases the beat after the intro. On the second version, it's vice versa smiling smiley

First version, i like the drums more. on the second i like Jaggers voice more.
Oh well, its all in the ears of the beholder.

jeroen

Date: May 14, 2014 22:42

Jaggers voice was a bit stronger in 1989 I think.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: May 14, 2014 22:47

Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

The Hyde Park version is a way better! For The Stones it's not about speed, but about rhythm. SWING is the key! And for that matter they are really swinging nowadays...

Date: May 14, 2014 22:49

Of course they swing...but sometimes it's a swing and a miss...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 14, 2014 23:56

MoreFastNumbers
Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

The Hyde Park version is a way better! For The Stones it's not about speed, but about rhythm. SWING is the key! And for that matter they are really swinging nowadays...

Hyde Park sounds like a train running out of steam...sorry. SWING is the key, right, but that went with Bill leaving.

Date: May 15, 2014 00:41

frankotero
Certainly there's something called obsessing but to be honest I'd like to know if the tour is on or not. I don't want to waste a lot of money on hotels/travel for nothing, nobody does.

Of course the tour is on! This one and the next five! Well, at least the next one! 55 is in sight. Once they/we pass that milestone then it's on to 60! Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 15, 2014 00:44

ThickerThanThieves
Worry, worry, worry! Why? The tour is on. They will hit the stage running on May 26 and all will be well in Stonesland, at least until the next break, then it all starts over again, the worry that is. I for one love the intrigue of not knowing every little detail. Some of us need to develop a little trust in our favorite band.

Yes indeed. I see a lot of unnecessary anxiety in this thread. There's absolutely no reason for the tour not to go ahead as planned, unless something totally unforeseen and serious happens, which was the only reason for the Australia/NZ postponement. And they don't need weeks and weeks of rehearsal time, just enough time to get back up to speed. I'm not sure why folks think this tour won't happen, but if it's because of Mick's mental state, I'll bet my entire Stones collection that that won't be an issue, certainly not to the extent of the tour not going ahead. These people are professionals.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 15, 2014 00:47

alimente
MoreFastNumbers
Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

Hyde Park sounds like a train running out of steam...sorry. SWING is the key, right, but that went with Bill leaving.

What did Dylan say.... they are a funk band now. But - is that supposed to be such a bad thing? In Dylanese I suppose it is..eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Date: May 15, 2014 01:21

Aquamarine
ThickerThanThieves

Yes indeed. I see a lot of unnecessary anxiety in this thread. There's absolutely no reason for the tour not to go ahead as planned, unless something totally unforeseen and serious happens, which was the only reason for the Australia/NZ postponement. And they don't need weeks and weeks of rehearsal time, just enough time to get back up to speed. I'm not sure why folks think this tour won't happen, but if it's because of Mick's mental state, I'll bet my entire Stones collection that that won't be an issue, certainly not to the extent of the tour not going ahead. These people are professionals.

The same kind of anxiety existed around here leading up to the 50th anniversary. Stones fans have had their shovels out for years. The problem is they are not dead yet. And, as long as they remain among the living, and remain relatively healthy, they will continue. 55 is definitely within reach and 60 isn't impossible. We will definitely get a new album next year.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 15, 2014 01:56

Doxa
alimente
MoreFastNumbers
Stonesfan2146

[www.youtube.com]

with this (1990)

[www.youtube.com]

What did Dylan say.... they are a funk band now. But - is that supposed to be such a bad thing? In Dylanese I suppose it is..eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Dylan sounds like Yoda doing karaoke these days.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 15, 2014 12:06

That´s not fare, Dylan voice changes and he is also experimenting(Yoda never does that) sometimes like his "upsinging" wich truly can be very annoying. But he is now great, i saw all the three Royal Albert Hall concerts last November and they is among the top 4 greatest concerts i´ve seen him. Also Yoda doesn´t write any of those horrible karaoke tracks he sings and therefore lacks depth but Dylan doesn´t.

Brand new Dylan vocals a cover(ok but not Karoeki) of Full Moon & Empty Hearts from Dylans next album
Here:[www.bobdylan.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-15 12:39 by steini.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 15, 2014 15:13

Bob Dylan still makes new music and put's out albums .when was the last time the stones put out a brand spanking new album ? (two songs(GRRR) on a NEW greatest hits album does not cut it) a bigger band sept 2005 .quite a long time . so to me it is funny how people keep saying the stones are putting out a new album next year .

Date: May 15, 2014 16:24

No, there wont be a new album next year. Maybe some redone outtakes, but not more than that. they are not interested in making new music anymore, at least not high standard ones

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-15 17:51 by corriecas.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home