Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22
Re: Rehearsals for European Tour
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 13, 2014 23:41

Jon Lasaa
Hi all.

Bjornulf wrote: There is a line between private and public.

That´s the point.
Completely agree.
On tour, they are public - that they know, else they wouldn't be touring.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 14, 2014 00:08

[fb.me]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:29

Nice pic but when was it taken? I've seen Bernard post old shots regularly on his FB page...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:36

Doxa
71Tele
bv
They are rehearsing In Another Land as we speak. Guess who is the guest. By the way this is a joke in case you believe it.

Why is info about rehearsals limited? Because of security. I have said it 1,000 times. There are a zillion professional autograph hunters who sell autographs on eBay. They would like to get info about where the Stones are for sure. Then they will elbow their way through fans and ruin the day of anyone. Then there are press who need to scoop a story, the real paparazzis, coming from Perth, coming from what used to be News of The World, I am sure there is a new one around, so that their hotel and the rehearsals location and streets will be blocked, they would need an army to get transportation safely. Then there are the real psychos, the ones who want fame by doing something seriously wrong. Like they did Boston Marathon, John Lennon, I just heared they placed a bomb by Giro d'Italia and they found it by luck and rem oved it last minute.

There are so many reasons why I will remove any details about rehearsals locations and where they stay. Any sober and intelligent person will understand. We want to see the band on stage and not have anything happening.

Well, great. But this is certainly at odds with last Paris rehearsals where people were reporting from outside every day, and they literally invited people in to see them. Maybe they weren't worried about a John Lennon incident a few months ago.

BV is bluffing. Jagger wants privacy, which is more than understable. Not even stalking fans is wanted this time.

- Doxa

That was my thinking exactly, Doxa. We are all adults. We can handle the truth.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:38

NICOS
I only want to know if they rehearse "We Love You" nothing more........

grinning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:43

The secrecy is so strict because they are rehearsing the new tour highlight: IN Another Land with Bill Wyman on vocals. If this news leaked out it would cause havoc and the media would be staking out the rehearsal facility, hence the total quite about the rehearsals. I have inside information about this.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:51

Not difficult to figure out where rehearsals are.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:54

gotdablouse
Nice pic but when was it taken? I've seen Bernard post old shots regularly on his FB page...

It was taken at the LA concert last year, on 20th May: [www.iorr.org]

Date: May 14, 2014 06:22

71Tele
Doxa
71Tele
bv
They are rehearsing In Another Land as we speak. Guess who is the guest. By the way this is a joke in case you believe it.

Why is info about rehearsals limited? Because of security. I have said it 1,000 times. There are a zillion professional autograph hunters who sell autographs on eBay. They would like to get info about where the Stones are for sure. Then they will elbow their way through fans and ruin the day of anyone. Then there are press who need to scoop a story, the real paparazzis, coming from Perth, coming from what used to be News of The World, I am sure there is a new one around, so that their hotel and the rehearsals location and streets will be blocked, they would need an army to get transportation safely. Then there are the real psychos, the ones who want fame by doing something seriously wrong. Like they did Boston Marathon, John Lennon, I just heared they placed a bomb by Giro d'Italia and they found it by luck and rem oved it last minute.

There are so many reasons why I will remove any details about rehearsals locations and where they stay. Any sober and intelligent person will understand. We want to see the band on stage and not have anything happening.

Well, great. But this is certainly at odds with last Paris rehearsals where people were reporting from outside every day, and they literally invited people in to see them. Maybe they weren't worried about a John Lennon incident a few months ago.

BV is bluffing. Jagger wants privacy, which is more than understable. Not even stalking fans is wanted this time.

- Doxa

That was my thinking exactly, Doxa. We are all adults. We can handle the truth.

Are you kidding? Adults are the ones that struggle most with the the truth.

Date: May 14, 2014 06:42

I love the mystery of not knowing something. I hope not one word leaks out on rehearsals! The less I know the better.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 14, 2014 08:39

Ive seen the picture of Bernard,Mick T and ronnie couple of years ago, if i am correct.
Jeroen

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: May 14, 2014 12:41

bv
Anyone in security do know that there is a BIG difference in a crowd of 5, 10, 25, 50, 250 and 500. In Paris there were hardly more than 10-15 people, except for the very few last days, where there were 100 at the most. The Stones do love the fans and the publicity, while security have their job to do. I have seen nasty episods where more than 50 people are on site, pushing hard in front of cars, then security are simply outnumbered. Even how much Ronnie do want to stop the car and sign stuff, it will make an unsafe situation. So he is the boss but security is hired by him to take care of his own business.

The fact that they Rolling Stones do rehearse and what they rehearse is not very secret or in violation with their security. Every little detail like the fact that they rehearse Time Waits For No One and that Mick Taylor is there is great to know for the fans. But there is a fine line there, some people just ignore it, they are not in charge. I am in charge. If I was in charge of Boston Marathon then I would not have much sleep, same now.

I learn from experience. In 1999, two weeks before the No Security tour, the Stones rehearsed in San Francisco. I published all details day by day, including where they did rehearse. See the details here, January 1999:

[www.iorr.org]

The problem was the streets filled up, there were 100's all over, it was a complete chaos, and after that I have avoided publishing exact locations, simply to make it safer for the Stones. It is my choice. I am not in charge of their security, but I want to see them on stage. Year after year. That is how it will be here. And it will not change.

BV is very close to our band. He will have his reasons why he protect the rehearsal issue this time. We have to accept that.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: May 14, 2014 12:58

Someone is walking on a thin line. That´s for sure.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: May 14, 2014 13:58

corriecas
Ive seen the picture of Bernard,Mick T and ronnie couple of years ago, if i am correct.
Jeroen

Do the clocks run at twice the normal speed in your time zone ?

Date: May 14, 2014 16:04

Chacal
corriecas
Jeroen

No, thrice
Jeroen

Date: May 14, 2014 16:09

corriecas
Chacal
corriecas
Jeroen

No, thrice
Jeroen

Its from May 20, 2013, according to www.stonesnews.com.
jeroen

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 14, 2014 16:26

Whenever rehearsals start in a couple of minutes you can see the jet land on Manston airport ...

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 14, 2014 17:09

Dreamer
Whenever rehearsals start in a couple of minutes you can see the jet land on Manston airport ...

Do you have any evidences?

Date: May 14, 2014 17:14

Kaisan
Dreamer

You wouldn't believe me if I said I was on board so I just give you this:
[www.flightradar24.com]

Zoom out to see the UK and press the 'Start playback' button right under the map next to the UTC Time to see it fly to Manston.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 17:18 by Dreamer.

Date: May 14, 2014 17:31

Dreamer
Kaisan
Dreamer

[www.flightradar24.com]

Zoom out to see the UK and press the 'Start playback' button right under the map next to the UTC Time to see it fly to Manston.

Yes, the jet seems to be in Manston (if the source is reliable), that´s right. Does anybody have more infos on that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 17:46 by Kaisan.

Date: May 14, 2014 17:33

Kaisan
Dreamer
Kaisan
Dreamer

[www.flightradar24.com]

Yes, the jet seems to be in Manston (if the source is reliable), that´s right. Does anybody have more infos on that?

A former employee isn't a good good enough source for you? smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2014 17:35

DandelionPowderman
Kaisan
Dreamer
Kaisan
Dreamer

[www.flightradar24.com]

A former employee isn't a good good enough source for you? smiling smiley

He´s a former employee? I didn´t know that. winking smiley But the question is: Are the Stones also in Manston?

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: May 14, 2014 17:42

2014-05-13 Paris (CDG) - - 07:40 - Scheduled

???

Date: May 14, 2014 17:47

MRAmandaJones

???

That seems a little bit weird to me too - why was the flight to Paris scheduled?

Date: May 14, 2014 17:59

Kaisan
MRAmandaJones

???

That seems a little bit weird to me too - why was the flight to Paris scheduled?

It flew from Baltimore to Paris. Yesterday it flew from Paris to ... and from ...it flew back today to Manston.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: May 14, 2014 18:00

Wembley Arena has nothing on for a week or so I happened to notice

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 14, 2014 18:10

Dreamer

It flew from Baltimore to Paris. Yesterday it flew from Paris to ... and from ...it flew back today to Manston.

That's right. But it might be that this has nothing to do with the Stones - the plane belongs the Aeronexus Corporation and was several times on its way since 21-Mar-2014, e.g. at Easter or now in May: [www.flightradar24.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-14 19:50 by Irix.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 14, 2014 18:48

I have a full respect for the boss (I like so much what he does) and so I do not want to discuss his position.
But that's sure that I am worrying about the tour start. For many reasons, as simple as I already saw a cancelled tour with no solutions for me to get a "new" ticket !

And the rehearse start news would be a good news. Where ? I don't care (event if I would be happy to run in my neighboorhood to see ...) Which songs ? Anyways.

On another hand, the Mick health or/and feeling is very important, as I am fully sure that he carries the shows on his shoulders. Guitar player can be replaced, regarding the sound, not the smilly face (please don't kill me). Singer show man ??? His gril friend died in horrible way, he's not the first, not the last. Show must go on. Or not. His choice.

Well, the new australian tour was announced, we can probably hope that the europe tour will not be cancelled.

My first show is June 1st, so after 2 others ...

Date: May 14, 2014 18:58

<I already saw a cancelled tour with no solutions for me to get a "new" ticket!>

What? You had to buy a new ticket, and the old one you paid for is no good for the postponed shows??

Date: May 14, 2014 19:05

lenurb
I have a full respect for the boss (I like so much what he does) and so I do not want to discuss his position.
But that's sure that I am worrying about the tour start. For many reasons, as simple as I already saw a cancelled tour with no solutions for me to get a "new" ticket !

And the rehearse start news would be a good news. Where ? I don't care (event if I would be happy to run in my neighboorhood to see ...) Which songs ? Anyways.

On another hand, the Mick health or/and feeling is very important, as I am fully sure that he carries the shows on his shoulders. Guitar player can be replaced, regarding the sound, not the smilly face (please don't kill me). Singer show man ??? His gril friend died in horrible way, he's not the first, not the last. Show must go on. Or not. His choice.

Well, the new australian tour was announced, we can probably hope that the europe tour will not be cancelled.

My first show is June 1st, so after 2 others ...

Yes, it would be really calming to know that the Stones are rehearsing again. BV, if you know anything about the rehearsels: We don´t want to know where it is, we don´t want to no which songs they play, we just want to know if they are rehearsing. Many of us are worrying about the Stones and the tour, and I hope we get new infos soon.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home