Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22
The Rolling Stones rehearsals for the European Tour 2014
Posted by: brianjonestone ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:09

Hi, any news about some rehearsals there?

Today it is -14 days to the kick-off show in Oslo and everything is still quiet?

They had rehearse a lot in february and the far east tour until the cancelation was brilliant, but I think they will make 1/2 days of rehearsals just as a warm-up.

Let's keep with the antenna tunning!

keep on rollin'
Brianojonestone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-17 11:45 by bv.

Re: Rehearsals for European Tour
Posted by: Maximvs84 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:19

Yes it's true .. it's too quiet!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:28

They would probably need to do some "dress" rehearsals in Oslo on a (hopefully) updated/upgraded stage so they might as well regroup there on or after the 19th. If they decide to rehearse somewhere else (London, Paris ?) they would probably have to start on Monday to make it worthwhile.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:43

If anyone sees them in London please let me know as I would love to go to London rehearsals as we have no gig here in the UK

Date: May 12, 2014 12:39

Hope to hear something new with Taylor in this branch of the tour.
maybe Love in Vain or I hope they keep Silver Train in set list.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: May 12, 2014 12:48

I really wish I was going but I live in the UK and Europe is too far to go when you have 3 kids at home to be looked after.Am hoping maybe for o2 gigs later in the year?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 12, 2014 14:37

It's not bad news that no UK shows have been appended to the European tour.
It likely means that more activity is at least tentatively planned for the future.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 12, 2014 15:55

I hope we hear anything around this week - I mean, they have to start soon if they really want to do some changes ...

Date: May 12, 2014 16:27

I hope so... But I don't know if they really want to do some changes...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2014 17:18

there wont be any changes, although David Bowie made a great song about it.

Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2014 17:20

corriecas

Jeroen

I still hope for some changes - why do you know they won't change anything? ;-)

Date: May 12, 2014 17:21

They always change something (except for most of the Licks tour stadium shows, that is...).

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 12, 2014 17:52

How much do you need to practice when you've been playing the same 15 songs since 1969? cool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 12, 2014 18:04

Kaisan
corriecas

Jeroen

I still hope for some changes - why do you know they won't change anything? ;-)

They are the Stones, and there wont be major changes, except that Bill Wyman will replace Darryll. But thats still a secret !!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen

Date: May 12, 2014 18:14

Maximvs84
Yes it's true .. it's too quiet!!

It's called: "Calm Before The Stones"

Date: May 12, 2014 18:19

Spud
It's not bad news that no UK shows have been appended to the European tour.
It likely means that more activity is at least tentatively planned for the future.

South America first (in first half of 2015) before a return to US and UK (in second half of 2015). On a new album, of course! At least that is my guess. Fingers crossed!

Date: May 12, 2014 19:01

Send It To me
How much do you need to practice when you've been playing the same 15 songs since 1969? cool smiley

The Stones always need practice.

Date: May 12, 2014 19:40

DandelionPowderman
Send It To me

The Stones always need practice.

That's right. And I also think that the Stones will replace some songs, so they have to rehearse the new ones.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 12, 2014 20:21

Well I am starting to get a bit Worried about not hearing anything about New rehearsals... Wish BV could inform us

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 20:29

Are they reharsing somewhere private and secluded to avoid press intrusion?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-12 23:08 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:13

I am getting nervous smiling smiley

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:20

They are rehearsing In Another Land as we speak. Guess who is the guest. By the way this is a joke in case you believe it.

Why is info about rehearsals limited? Because of security. I have said it 1,000 times. There are a zillion professional autograph hunters who sell autographs on eBay. They would like to get info about where the Stones are for sure. Then they will elbow their way through fans and ruin the day of anyone. Then there are press who need to scoop a story, the real paparazzis, coming from Perth, coming from what used to be News of The World, I am sure there is a new one around, so that their hotel and the rehearsals location and streets will be blocked, they would need an army to get transportation safely. Then there are the real psychos, the ones who want fame by doing something seriously wrong. Like they did Boston Marathon, John Lennon, I just heared they placed a bomb by Giro d'Italia and they found it by luck and rem oved it last minute.

There are so many reasons why I will remove any details about rehearsals locations and where they stay. Any sober and intelligent person will understand. We want to see the band on stage and not have anything happening.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:23

thumbs up
bv
They are rehearsing In Another Land as we speak. Guess who is the guest. By the way this is a joke in case you believe it.

Why is info about rehearsals limited? Because of security. I have said it 1,000 times. There are a zillion professional autograph hunters who sell autographs on eBay. They would like to get info about where the Stones are for sure. Then they will elbow their way through fans and ruin the day of anyone. Then there are press who need to scoop a story, the real paparazzis, coming from Perth, coming from what used to be News of The World, I am sure there is a new one around, so that their hotel and the rehearsals location and streets will be blocked, they would need an army to get transportation safely. Then there are the real psychos, the ones who want fame by doing something seriously wrong. Like they did Boston Marathon, John Lennon, I just heared they placed a bomb by Giro d'Italia and they found it by luck and rem oved it last minute.

There are so many reasons why I will remove any details about rehearsals locations and where they stay. Any sober and intelligent person will understand. We want to see the band on stage and not have anything happening.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:31

Think we should keep it in secret too. But if there's someone who actually knows where the rehearsals take place and has a bit free time he can look around and report something to us. grinning smiley

WE WANT THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:41

bv
We want to see the band on stage

At last somebody who understands smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:43

I don't care where they rehearse, I just want to know if they rehearse to be sure the tour is on

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:45

firebird
I don't care where they rehearse, I just want to know if they rehearse to be sure the tour is on
Of course the tour is on, why wouldn't it be?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:49

Chuck Leavell has a gig in Alabama on May 17th - no rehearsals until then, unless they are in the Deep South...

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:49

Harm
firebird
Of course the tour is on, why wouldn't it be?

Well because we don't know how Mick is and because we haven't heard anything regarding rehearsels.

Date: May 12, 2014 21:51

bv

No matter where they rehearse, I don't even want to know it; just the fact that they are rehearsing is all what I need. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-12 21:52 by Kaisan.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home