Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Track Talk: She’s A Rainbow
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 12, 2014 19:34

smoking smiley

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 12, 2014 20:01

Quite simply one of the most beautiful pieces of music recorded IMHO.And my six day old daughter seems to like this track also!

Date: May 12, 2014 20:07

Terrific track and a great album from top to bottom. My favorite Stones album next to the Some Girls bonus tracks.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:13

Silver Dagger
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
It amazes me that a band that made this track also made Their Satanic Majesties Request - and that this brilliant track is on that awful album. Their most bizarre album ever. 4 great tracks, 6 horrible ones.

An "awful" album with She's A Rainbow, 2000 Light Years From Home, Citadel and 2000 Man?

When four of the tracks are of that caliber, it's a good album already smiling smiley

It really should have been an EP - of the 4 great tracks.

+ The Lantern, Gomper and In Another Land, imo.

That wouldn't make it an EP now would it. You can have those three on another EP - the one no one would buy except you! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The only bad tracks are Sing This Song All Together (See What Happens) and Gomper. The rest fits together nicely and creates the right vibe for Citadel, She's A Rainbow, and 2000 Light Years From Home to hang like sparkling jewels in the twilight zone.

They all fit nicely for me. Would like to see a re-release with Child Of The Moon included.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:25

ThickerThanThieves

They all fit nicely for me. Would like to see a re-release with Child Of The Moon included.

That'd be like adding Gimme Shelter to Beggars Banquet.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:35

GasLightStreet
It amazes me that a band that made this track also made Their Satanic Majesties Request - and that this brilliant track is on that awful album. Their most bizarre album ever. 4 great tracks, 6 horrible ones.

The Stones have only written two bad songs in 52 years and the six you have alluded to here are not one of those two. Satanic is great from top to bottom. Sweet Neo Con and Back To Zero are not on Satanic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-12 20:36 by ThickerThanThieves.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:39

His Majesty
ThickerThanThieves

That'd be like adding Gimme Shelter to Beggars Banquet.

Yes, and Gimme Shelter would have fit just fine on Beggars.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:40

2000 LYFH
GasLightStreet

Just love those 6 horrible ones and those 4 great tracks are pretty good too...

thumbs upthumbs up

Date: May 12, 2014 20:42

ThickerThanThieves

That's messing with history of the albums which is stupid.

Date: May 12, 2014 20:46

His Majesty
ThickerThanThieves

That's messing with history of the albums which is stupid.

Don't worry no changes are being planned.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 12, 2014 20:49

"She’s A Rainbow" should be performed in Zurich or Dusseldorf or both cities on the upcoming tour. That would be really great.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:13

It's one of those songs that puts them in the same stratosphere as the Beatles during those mid-60s pop days. The Stones could not consistently stay with them, but moments like these put them in very rare company.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: May 12, 2014 21:37

The admen liked it...

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 12, 2014 22:08

This was also a time where Charlie was coming into his own , you can hear it on this track.

Date: May 12, 2014 22:39

24FPS
It's one of those songs that puts them in the same stratosphere as the Beatles during those mid-60s pop days. The Stones could not consistently stay with them, but moments like these put them in very rare company.

The Beatles just happened to quit right in the midst of the Stones so called greatest run of albums from 68-72.

Date: May 12, 2014 22:57

ThickerThanThieves
24FPS

The Beatles just happened to quit right in the midst of the Stones so called greatest run of albums from 68-72.

But the mid-60s were still about singles, and the Stones had some right up there with the Beatles.

Date: May 12, 2014 22:58

They were both @#$%& ace.

The end.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 12, 2014 23:16

Such a lovely song - everything about it is just perfect. Nicky Hopkins's piano alone is stunning in it's simplicity and beauty

Date: May 12, 2014 23:23

latebloomer
Such a lovely song - everything about it is just perfect. Nicky Hopkins's piano alone is stunning in it's simplicity and beauty

One particular thing I love about the Satanic Sessions box set is the part where we hear Mick give Nicky suggestions with regards to making the piano play the melody with a bit more hesitation and build up in tempo of the main melodic phrase.

That boy sure did have big balls. cool smiley

Date: May 13, 2014 00:00

His Majesty
latebloomer

One particular thing I love about the Satanic Sessions box set is the part where we hear Mick give Nicky suggestions with regards to making the piano play the melody with a bit more hesitation and build up in tempo of the main melodic phrase.

I think that's one of the greatest parts of the song is the slow start of the first notes before it picks up into a fairy tale. If that was Mick's idea, cool.

Date: May 13, 2014 00:18

His Majesty
latebloomer

Mick was right.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 13, 2014 01:22

DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
latebloomer

Mick was right.

Yes he was, and it just goes to show what a brilliant ear that skinny boy had. I'm talking about Mick here, not Nicky. Not sure which "boy" you're talking about there HM. grinning smiley

Date: May 13, 2014 01:39

24FPS
ThickerThanThieves
24FPS

But the mid-60s were still about singles, and the Stones had some right up there with the Beatles.

Yes, they certainly did.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2014 02:10

stonehearted
And Macca's involvement--I wonder if that was just the random tapping on, say, a bongo drum or some other hand-held percussive drum during that string break, toward the end. Just a few taps as random as the rain.

Come to think of it, there have been several studio pics dating from 1967 posted here on IORR showing Macca sitting in the studio with Mick and Keith--perhaps one or more of those were taken during those sessions.

They were hanging around each other's sessions quite a lot in those heady days.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 13, 2014 04:34

ryanpow
This was also a time where Charlie was coming into his own , you can hear it on this track.

Funny you should say that as I was thinking the drumming sounds a bit Ringo-esque.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 13, 2014 04:47

This is one of those songs that I can playback in my head like a tape recorder. It's almost as good in your head as really listening to it! lol

Awesome.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 13, 2014 09:50

I love it as a piece of music and the chorus. But some of the description in the verses I actually hoped I was hearing wrong...but I wasn't.

This Apple ad I enjoyed coming on with the song:

(And Microsoft used Start Me Up. Makes me think of Dave Chapelle saying, "I've done ads for Coke and Pepsi." )

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 13, 2014 12:16

Ahh, the sound of love + good acid! Exhilarating

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 13, 2014 12:36

hot smileyGreatest song my mother loved this

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 13, 2014 15:52

ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet

The Stones have only written two bad songs in 52 years and the six you have alluded to here are not one of those two. Satanic is great from top to bottom. Sweet Neo Con and Back To Zero are not on Satanic.

LoneRangerMightyStones50, your idea of what bad songs are does not equate with reality. The two you mentioned are at the top of their bad song list but anyone knows that. They have more than "two bad songs in 52 years" - 25 or so years being without any songs released.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home