Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Track Talk: She Was Hot
Date: January 18, 2019 14:13

THAT guitar solo, the fantastic rhythm guitars, Mick's singing and the brilliant chorus. Even Chuck is good. Great track.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 18, 2019 14:26

His Majesty
... Something in the melody or and little lick here and there that just gets you.

The bastards! grinning smiley

Yeah, The Rolling Stones ? What's all that about ?

bunch of mediocre musicians making a God-awful racket !

...but they do always just "get you "

The bastards grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2019 19:46

Swayed1967
GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
Tiny latter day gem for sure but kinda forgettable and on the cheap side (and She’s So Cold is hotter). There’s no reason to praise this song any more than Star Star (both are pretty much Stones-by-numbers teetering on self-parody) but I guess we have more affection for ‘She Was Hot’ simply because – just speculating here – most members of this forum remember when it was released and at the time fervently believed that better was to come. But alas…

Ehhhh. I can't speak for older people but when I heard UOTN with its horns, I figured it was on the same album as Heartbreaker with its horns and doo-doo-doos. All I knew at that point was LET IT BLEED, GYYYO!, HOT ROCKS and TATTOO YOU.

So I got GOATS HEAD SOUP because of Undercover Of The Night.

Yeah, I have a friend who bought Undercover because he thought Heartbreaker was on it so I know exactly what you mean…

GasLightStreet

The guitar work on U is top notch, possibly the best overall guitar album by the Stones, and Mick's vocal work is his best ever.

Come again? His vocals on She Was Hot and the title track are good. Are you saying those two songs constitute his best vocal work ever? Cuz his vocals on many of the other songs are limp. For example...

It Must Be hell – sounds like Mick had some hellish nasal congestion.
All The Way Down – sounds like Mick didn’t need any anti-perspirant for this ‘vocal work’.
Pretty Beat Up – sounds like Mick is singing with a mouthful of blood.
Too Much Blood – sounds like Mick forgot this wasn’t a solo record.
Too Tough – sounds like Mick was wearing a space suit or singing into a pillow for some reason.

The details... you don't hear them, I see. He did some magnificent work on that album.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2019 20:01

DandelionPowderman
THAT guitar solo, the fantastic rhythm guitars, Mick's singing and the brilliant chorus. Even Chuck is good. Great track.

The playing on this and Tie Me Up is outstanding. The detail... it's not just chugging riffage, there's a lot of technique happening that's not on other albums that I've noticed.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 19, 2019 22:05

GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
Tiny latter day gem for sure but kinda forgettable and on the cheap side (and She’s So Cold is hotter). There’s no reason to praise this song any more than Star Star (both are pretty much Stones-by-numbers teetering on self-parody) but I guess we have more affection for ‘She Was Hot’ simply because – just speculating here – most members of this forum remember when it was released and at the time fervently believed that better was to come. But alas…

Ehhhh. I can't speak for older people but when I heard UOTN with its horns, I figured it was on the same album as Heartbreaker with its horns and doo-doo-doos. All I knew at that point was LET IT BLEED, GYYYO!, HOT ROCKS and TATTOO YOU.

So I got GOATS HEAD SOUP because of Undercover Of The Night.

Yeah, I have a friend who bought Undercover because he thought Heartbreaker was on it so I know exactly what you mean…

GasLightStreet

The guitar work on U is top notch, possibly the best overall guitar album by the Stones, and Mick's vocal work is his best ever.

Come again? His vocals on She Was Hot and the title track are good. Are you saying those two songs constitute his best vocal work ever? Cuz his vocals on many of the other songs are limp. For example...

It Must Be hell – sounds like Mick had some hellish nasal congestion.
All The Way Down – sounds like Mick didn’t need any anti-perspirant for this ‘vocal work’.
Pretty Beat Up – sounds like Mick is singing with a mouthful of blood.
Too Much Blood – sounds like Mick forgot this wasn’t a solo record.
Too Tough – sounds like Mick was wearing a space suit or singing into a pillow for some reason.

The details... you don't hear them, I see. He did some magnificent work on that album.

absolutely...mick is in very fine voice on that record.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 16, 2019 03:46

She Was Hot was one of the first songs I ever learned to play on the guitar. It probably sounded awful, but it was tremendous fun to play and a challenge to play in all open chords! But I love this song, to me it rocks out just the way I like the Stones to do.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home