Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Track Talk: She Was Hot
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 5, 2014 16:28

My favorite from Undercover. This is an endearing tune. Love Stu's playing on it.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 5, 2014 17:14

I still can't believe the Stones haven't released the extended version in any official format. Should have been released on Rarities.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 5, 2014 18:43

DandelionPowderman
The long version:

Haven't heard that version since WMMR debuted around the same time. The lyric changes are interesting. Toward the end you can really hear the synth that is in the periphery on the studio track a lot more prominently. It took me several years to really warm up to Mick's vocal style on the verses-that sort of drawl he usually brings out for their more country-styled tunes-he kinda did the same thing on Let Me Go on ER. I'm fine with it now though. At it's root the song is a Chuck Berry-styled rocker but they do a lot of little melodic and rhythmic turns that makes it something different.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2014 23:48

flacnvinyl
I still can't believe the Stones haven't released the extended version in any official format. Should have been released on Rarities.

yes, they seem determined to forget about anything they recorded in the 80s, to a fault.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:30

sonomastone
flacnvinyl

yes, they seem determined to forget about anything they recorded in the 80s, to a fault.

You're not hinting at the 50 & Counting set list not having anything past 1981 in it are you? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 7, 2014 17:35

GasLightStreet
sonomastone
flacnvinyl

You're not hinting at the 50 & Counting set list not having anything past 1981 in it are you? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Be careful, or else you know what they'll do...

(YGMR)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:38

A very endearing song. Simple, basic but oh so clever especially that chorus that rises and rises and keeps rising before suddenly erupting like a, like a oh well....like mercury shooting out of a thermometer.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:56

Great track and nice to hear Stew boogie on piano

Date: May 7, 2014 18:03

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
sonomastone
flacnvinyl

Be careful, or else you know what they'll do...

(YGMR)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 7, 2014 18:06

on a cold Chicago niyiyiyiyight...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 7, 2014 18:39

DandelionPowderman
The long version:

This is always on my playlist. the famous "radio edit" version. Thank you for posting it, it needs to be posted more often, as a reminder. One of the best rock songs ever. Their last "real" orginal Stones song with the real attitude. You can almost sense the conflict between Keiths "real" music and Micks "phony" attitude. The mash is brilliant. Kick ass and humour in one Mick. The way he used to be. The video is iconic. The music is fantastic. God bless the pianist.

Date: May 7, 2014 18:39

flacnvinyl

First on the list. It's a holy gem.

Date: May 7, 2014 18:40

big4
DandelionPowderman
The long version:

Haven't heard that version since WMMR debuted around the same time. The lyric changes are interesting. Toward the end you can really hear the synth that is in the periphery on the studio track a lot more prominently. It took me several years to really warm up to Mick's vocal style on the verses-that sort of drawl he usually brings out for their more country-styled tunes-he kinda did the same thing on Let Me Go on ER. I'm fine with it now though. At it's root the song is a Chuck Berry-styled rocker but they do a lot of little melodic and rhythmic turns that makes it something different.

Nice on Big4. Countrystyle indeed. And yet something else.

Date: May 7, 2014 18:42

Redhotcarpet
DandelionPowderman
The long version:

This is always on my playlist. the famous "radio edit" version. Thank you for posting it, it needs to be posted more often, as a reminder. One of the best rock songs ever. Their last "real" orginal Stones song with the real attitude. You can almost sense the conflict between Keiths "real" music and Micks "phony" attitude. The mash is brilliant. Kick ass and humour in one Mick. The way he used to be. The video is iconic. The music is fantastic. God bless the pianist.

In the extension, we hear how hot the band still was. It's brilliant!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 7, 2014 19:45

I wonder why the radio extended version doesn't have that great drum break after the "cold Chicago night" bit, it's as if they pasted the extended outro just before it!

Anyways, this is a true masterpiece. Such a powerful song! If you dissect it, every bit and piece is perfect. Just listen to those bass lines on the outro, Bill wasn't playing that wild since the early sixties. Charlie's drumming is just superb. His kick drum work during the choruses, superb stuff (reminds me of the intro of the studio version of Worried About You). Some of the most exciting and innovative guitarwork on a stones song ever (by the way I truly have a hard time telling who plays what). Ian's classic piano and last but not least Jagger is on top of his game here, truly a superb delivery!

C

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 7, 2014 20:50

It puzzles me that Stu would dismiss the entire magical TSMR album, but play on utter shit like this song.

Date: May 7, 2014 20:58

His Majesty
It puzzles me that Stu would dismiss the entire magical TSMR album, but play on utter shit like this song.

Because he was correct in knowing TSMR was crap... and She Was Hot is more along the lines of the boogie he liked. Comparatively anyway.

Date: May 7, 2014 21:04

GasLightStreet

Because he was correct in knowing TSMR was crap...

Nope, quite wrong infact. Maybe his chin made his ears hear things wonky or he was a bit peeved that they got Nicky Hopkins in. grinning smiley

Date: May 7, 2014 21:09

Stu is god, he was never wrong smiling smiley

Date: May 7, 2014 21:15

DandelionPowderman

There is no god and he was often wrong like when he said Brian was incapable of writing music. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 21:19 by His Majesty.

Date: May 7, 2014 21:25

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

There is no god and he was often wrong like when he said Brian was incapable of writing music. winking smiley

LOL! That depends on what he defines as music (re: TSMR) winking smiley

Date: May 7, 2014 21:30

DandelionPowderman

LOL! That depends on what he defines as music (re: TSMR) winking smiley

Anyone that thinks 2000 Light Years From Home is crap is deep in to the land of wrong.

Date: May 7, 2014 21:40

Like you said, quality is subjective smiling smiley

Date: May 7, 2014 22:41

Interesting 9 minutes earlier take.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-08 10:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: May 8, 2014 01:25

Wow! Even in this JAGGER/richards masterpiece, someone manages to note conflict between the real Richards and the phony Jagger

Just how many Holden Caulfields are on this board?

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: May 8, 2014 04:55

I love every version of this song. The album version, the extended version, and especially the 9 minute version in which they were obviously just getting a feel for the song and basically jamming. That version has some REALLY sick back-and-forth playing between Ronnie and Keith. Weaving at it's finest.

Concerning the extended version, I love the whole crescendo near the end where all we hear is Keith's guitar with that echo, Bill, and the synth. It slowly builds up until Charlie comes back in and everybody's rockin'.

I wish a higher quality audio recording existed, but I'll take what we're given.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 8, 2014 05:33

His Majesty

ANYONE TOLD YOU YOU'RE AN IDIOT LATELY?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: May 8, 2014 05:56

HM - She Was Hoy is a great song as is 2000 Light years From Home. However the Lantern, Gomper, Sing this Altogether, on With The Show, See What Happens is utter CRAP!!!!

Date: May 8, 2014 10:01

grinning smiley

Date: May 8, 2014 10:41

The Lantern and Gomper are both cool. What's not to like about The Lantern? A lovely blue, psychedelic piece.

I get that Gomper needs a few spins before it hits home, though. It did for me, but I love it now smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-08 10:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home