Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 106
Re: Roger Daltrey: On The Rolling Stones & Mick Jagger (video)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 7, 2022 10:25

That Mr Daltery wise man
Him talk the truth ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 7, 2022 10:58

Did anyone else think having biographies of his band mates on the bookshelf behind him was a bit strange?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 7, 2022 12:31

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-07 12:32 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: July 7, 2022 14:20

Well...I think I understand what he means.

Stones live sound has been the best organized disorganized sound.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 7, 2022 22:14

Charlie didn't care for the Beatles music.
Charlie got it right.

Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 9, 2022 23:32

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2022 22:49

Cristiano Radtke

That's an amazing find. thumbs up

OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 13, 2022 23:54

Power pop covers. Good stuff!

[open.spotify.com]

OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 22, 2022 17:33

Roger Daltrey interview with Jim Clash of Forbes, posted in two parts:

Roger Daltrey On Knighthood, Fear, Death, Mr. Kibblewhite, Mario Andretti, His Own Epitaph

[www.forbes.com]

Roger Daltrey On All-Things Who, Including His Relationship With Pete Townshend And Keith Moon

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 23, 2022 20:14

Just for the hell of it, I decided to check ticket availability for the Oct. 4 show at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, and was both saddened and surprised to discover that the majority of the floor seats and the lower bowl seats remain unsold. Most of those lower bowl seats are selling at a perfectly reasonable $80, so it appears that the prices have already been dropped at least once. They're a theater act now, that for some reason cannot bring themselves to give up on the idea that they should still be playing in sports arenas.

Posted by: roma1927 ()
Date: October 21, 2022 15:54

Anyone has some news about the possibility of a new Uk tour 2023?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 21, 2022 17:21

tatters
Just for the hell of it, I decided to check ticket availability for the Oct. 4 show at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, and was both saddened and surprised to discover that the majority of the floor seats and the lower bowl seats remain unsold. Most of those lower bowl seats are selling at a perfectly reasonable $80, so it appears that the prices have already been dropped at least once. They're a theater act now, that for some reason cannot bring themselves to give up on the idea that they should still be playing in sports arenas.

Those orchestra shows are expensive to put on. Daltrey has lost big money doing solo tours with them a few times.

Date: October 21, 2022 23:05

I checked tickets for Seattle tomorrow night. It looks like it sold fairly well but plenty of tickets left. Nothing less than (before service charge) $60. Great opening band: Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs. Saw them in May & they were fantastic. Good choice for opener. I'm probably not going. A bit out of my budget right now.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 22, 2022 00:07

tatters

The 2 shows I saw, Austin and NYC, were heavily discounted by showtime and the 2 LA area shows have been on Goldstar (ticket discounter). Simply put they haven't properly administered their legacy and also, like many other geezer acts, are outliving their fanbase.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 22, 2022 00:17

Dan
tatters

The 2 shows I saw, Austin and NYC, were heavily discounted by showtime and the 2 LA area shows have been on Goldstar (ticket discounter). Simply put they haven't properly administered their legacy and also, like many other geezer acts, are outliving their fanbase.

Could also be that they've oversaturated the US market? I saw them in Vancouver in 2015 and then again in late 2019, last show I saw before covid. Both shows were sold out at Rogers Arena but I doubt they would draw a big crowd if they came back again anytime soon.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 22, 2022 00:25

I'm a big Who fan and have seen them 4-5 times. They really are still pretty darn good live, but even worse than the Stones, they rely on the warhorse songs a little too much. I guess like Mick says, someone going to a Stones show for the first time doesn't want "Satisfaction" or (insert yours here) skipped, if you go to a Who show, you have to hear, Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blues Eyes etc..

At least Pete and Roger did put a new album out in this decade smiling smiley

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 22, 2022 02:39

crholmstrom
I checked tickets for Seattle tomorrow night. It looks like it sold fairly well but plenty of tickets left. Nothing less than (before service charge) $60. Great opening band: Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs. Saw them in May & they were fantastic. Good choice for opener. I'm probably not going. A bit out of my budget right now.

I wish I was going to Seattle tomorrow night. Planned on it, a while back, but I have family in town visiting. Enjoyed them at the last couple shows in Vancouver.

Posted by: perkmo ()
Date: October 22, 2022 03:30

Saw them in STL last week had a blast. Really enjoyed the band only segment mid show, especially The Seeker, Relay, Naked Eye stripped down and Another Tricky Day. Crowd and band connected early on, made for a great show, still rocking.

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 22, 2022 04:58

Lynd8
I'm a big Who fan and have seen them 4-5 times. They really are still pretty darn good live, but even worse than the Stones, they rely on the warhorse songs a little too much. I guess like Mick says, someone going to a Stones show for the first time doesn't want "Satisfaction" or (insert yours here) skipped, if you go to a Who show, you have to hear, Won't Get Fooled Again, Behind Blues Eyes etc..

At least Pete and Roger did put a new album out in this decade smiling smiley

and now so will the stonesgrinning smiley

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: October 23, 2022 21:01

Brilliant gig in Seattle last night. Roger’s voice is in spectacular form at the moment. Pete’s guitar ends up a bit buried during the orchestra heavy songs, but when it does cut through it’s as interesting as ever. And seeing him and Simon duet on The Rock is very special.

Date: October 23, 2022 22:14

tommycharles
Brilliant gig in Seattle last night. Roger’s voice is in spectacular form at the moment. Pete’s guitar ends up a bit buried during the orchestra heavy songs, but when it does cut through it’s as interesting as ever. And seeing him and Simon duet on The Rock is very special.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 2, 2022 14:22

This is a great little 8-minute video about a fan's encounter with Keith Moon and The Who in 1968.

It's well worth your time.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: November 9, 2022 19:14

Pete and Roger to perform charity Christmas Carol concert:

[jambands.com]

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: November 9, 2022 21:52

loog droog
This is a great little 8-minute video about a fan's encounter with Keith Moon and The Who in 1968.

It's well worth your time.

[www.youtube.com]

When I was younger we went to Indiana Beach a lot. When I read The Who played there, I didn't believe it!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 10, 2022 06:14

24FPS
Hairball
The Who were/are much more complex with their songwriting - they didn't copy/plunder and rely on American music at the same level the Stones have.
They are much more British, and in that regards much more pure. In the end, both great bands at what they do, but the Beatles will always rank #1.
Long live rock and keep on rolling down the long and winding road....

Of course the Stones were the Who's favorite, not the Fab Four.

The Beatles were above them, as Roger said, so...

Date: November 10, 2022 06:15

Scooby
Did anyone else think having biographies of his band mates on the bookshelf behind him was a bit strange?

What's wrong with supporting your fellow mates?

Date: November 10, 2022 06:33

tatters

2000 seaters (although nowhere near actual seats) are more conducive, really. The Who are not exactly visible in the world, for whatever reason, as the Stones are, yet alone various other touring acts that draw 2000 plus a night (more like 15,000 a night). Arenas are often 15,000 plus people probably: that's a lot of people.

I saw Jimmy Buffett at what is now known as the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans (the arena where the NBA New Orleans Pelicans play - at the time only the New Orleans Brass ECHL team called it home - it was built to lure an NBA team, which it did in 2002) in 1999 and it was jam packed. It holds just over 17,000 people for music shows.

Saw Zac Brown in 2019 and... maybe 12,000 showed up.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 10, 2022 21:16

According to this Reddit post looks like Live At Wembley 2019 is coming up

[preview.redd.it]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 14, 2022 13:57

The Who are playing Berlin Waldbühne in June.
It's all reserved seating (which is quite surprising for Waldbühne – as we all know there's usually no reserved seating inside the various blocks)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 14, 2022 14:14

slewan
The Who are playing Berlin Waldbühne in June.
It's all reserved seating (which is quite surprising for Waldbühne – as we all know there's usually no reserved seating inside the various blocks)

Got my Tickets this morning. You can choose better seats on www.myticket.de than on Eventim!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home