Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 106
OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 16, 2022 13:27

'It's so lovely to be here': The Who remembers 1979 tragedy, while rocking Cincinnati show

Chris Varias
May 16, 2022

Kareem Elgazzar

[www.cincinnati.com]

Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 18, 2022 00:25

Tommy as well as The Who Sell Out on HalfSpeed-Vinyl :

[SuperDeluxeEdition.com] - Release date: 8-Jul-2022. See also: [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] about My Generation and A Quick One HalfSpeed-Vinyl.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: May 18, 2022 07:04

Why would you want to listen to The Who at half-speed?spinning smiley sticking its tongue outtongue sticking out smileywinking smiley

Date: May 18, 2022 21:57

The Who’s Manager Talks ‘Very Emotional’ Return to Cincinnati, What He Said to Pete Townshend Before Show: Exclusive

Bill Curbishley tells Billboard that Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder was "very upset" that COVID prevented him from joining the band on stage during Sunday's show.

By Gil Kaufman
05/17/22

T.C. Brewster

[www.billboard.com]

Wont get fooled again
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: May 23, 2022 14:10

The Who has still has some gas left in the tank. I was mesmerized when I heard Roger Daltry shouting or growling at the end of the song. ROLLING STONES, DEEP PURPLE, THE WHO and Black Sabbath and many others will never fade away for years to come. These people do no care of there age but do care of there performance on stage or screen. Of course on I mean Clint Eastwood.90 years and still riding horse. Hopefully he can do a gun slinger movie. Now about THE WHO. Pete Townsend still blows away the roof. Hopefully in the upcoming tour 60th tour, Keith Richards play like Pete Townsend. But if Keith wants he can play, like he did with The Winos. But he just doesn't (sometimes does play) due to an unknown reason when he is with THE ROLLING STONES. Here is the link of Wont get fooled again 2022

[youtu.be]

Re: Wont get fooled again
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 23, 2022 17:05

This is a video of Baba O Riley. Also, not to take the wind out of your sails, but Roger's scream at the end of Won't Get Fooled Again is actually prerecorded. I didn't know that till I learned that here, but there is video where he's not near the mic and it happens. And also its the same every night and the only thing he NAILS. It was really sad when I learned, but I guess I've grown to understand. I do agree they still put on a really good show the two of them and I like that, beyond that, its really them up there. I saw a really ramshackle Won't Get Fooled Again a decade ago and loved it. It was so far from perfect but it was live and a mess and thats what I'd want to see. And yes, Pete is still a MONSTER on the guitar. No one can deny that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-23 17:12 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 23, 2022 18:23

Whenever I happen to hear the intro to Won't Get Fooled Again it's always like damn they got me fooled again

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 23, 2022 18:34

RollingFreak
This is a video of Baba O Riley. Also, not to take the wind out of your sails, but Roger's scream at the end of Won't Get Fooled Again is actually prerecorded. I didn't know that till I learned that here, but there is video where he's not near the mic and it happens. And also its the same every night and the only thing he NAILS. It was really sad when I learned, but I guess I've grown to understand. I do agree they still put on a really good show the two of them and I like that, beyond that, its really them up there. I saw a really ramshackle Won't Get Fooled Again a decade ago and loved it. It was so far from perfect but it was live and a mess and thats what I'd want to see. And yes, Pete is still a MONSTER on the guitar. No one can deny that.

7:46 It sounds like the album recording.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 23, 2022 19:02

"Won't Get Fooled Again" and "My Wife" are two great songs by The Who. The "Who's Next" is a great classic album. One of the best albums ever.

As pftw04 pointed out, they and the Stones don't seem to care about age. I'm glad they are both still going!

"Dogs Part Two" - Obscure song by The Who
[www.discogs.com]

Date: May 23, 2022 19:04

The Who tech Brian Kehew blogs about catching Covid on the second show of the tour and subsequently missing a week. At the time of his blog entry (May 18) there were "three or four" crew members sidelined with it.

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 27, 2022 19:33

I saw them at MSG last night, had a blast!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 27, 2022 23:24

RollingFreak, you are quite right that Pete is still a monstrously good guitar player. The big power chords are as thick and cutting as ever, but his fingers dance jazzy motifs and flamenco flourishes at will.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: May 28, 2022 23:23

Roger's voice is sounding great this tour. Really tempted to drive down to Seattle and see them one more time.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 00:37

BeastyBurdeny
Roger's voice is sounding great this tour. Really tempted to drive down to Seattle and see them one more time.

Hey Beasty, where abouts do you live? Northern Washington or BC?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 29, 2022 01:04

BeastyBurdeny

Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs are opening in Seattle. Last time I checked there were lots of tickets. I'm seeing Mike @ the new Crocodile Cafe on Tuesday (with Stan Lynch on drums!). Should be awesome.

Date: May 29, 2022 03:26

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

Hey, I live in Vancouver, BC.

Date: May 29, 2022 03:27

crholmstrom
BeastyBurdeny

Mike Campbell & the Dirty Knobs are opening in Seattle. Last time I checked there were lots of tickets. I'm seeing Mike @ the new Crocodile Cafe on Tuesday (with Stan Lynch on drums!). Should be awesome.

Good to know! Thanks for the info!

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: May 29, 2022 04:48

I'm also thinking about going in for Seattle, I saw this tour when it was at T-Mobile Park in fall of '19 and it was great, would be fun to see it indoors too.

Roger is singing great in these shows, Pete's guitar playing seems a bit less fluent than usual, but maybe it's just shaking two years of rust off.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 29, 2022 07:12

BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

Nice, several other IORRers in the area. Treacle and I are both in the valley. Did you see The Who when they were last here back in late 2019? That was the last concert I saw pre covid. Decent show, Liam Gallagher opened.

Date: May 29, 2022 07:32

DGA35
BeastyBurdeny
DGA35
BeastyBurdeny

Nice, several other IORRers in the area. Treacle and I are both in the valley. Did you see The Who when they were last here back in late 2019? That was the last concert I saw pre covid. Decent show, Liam Gallagher opened.

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully we get a Stones 60th show after that cancellation. I ended up going to Vegas and had a blast, but would love to have them here.

I did go to the last two Vancouver Who shows and saw them on the Endless Wire tour in Edmonton. I really enjoyed the 2017 and 2019 shows.

I was hoping the setlist would be a little more varied this year than the 2019 tour but am happy they are still touring and that Roger is in fine form.

Roger Daltrey: On The Rolling Stones & Mick Jagger (video)
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: July 6, 2022 17:35

On The Rolling Stones & Mick Jagger being the #1 rock & roll performer ...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Roger Daltrey: On The Rolling Stones & Mick Jagger (video)
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2022 22:31

Roger is a class act. thumbs up

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 7, 2022 04:16

A pub band! HA!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 7, 2022 04:47

Roger was no slouch as a frontman.

Date: July 7, 2022 04:55

The Coda Collection bumping their interview from November 2021, cherry picking comments that generated a buzz at that time.

[iorr.org]

Date: July 7, 2022 05:11

The Who were/are much more complex with their songwriting - they didn't copy/plunder and rely on American music at the same level the Stones have.
They are much more British, and in that regards much more pure. In the end, both great bands at what they do, but the Beatles will always rank #1.
Long live rock and keep on rolling down the long and winding road....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 7, 2022 07:04

VoodooLounge13
A pub band! HA!

That's what the Stones love though!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2022 09:02

Hairball
The Who were/are much more complex with their songwriting - they didn't copy/plunder and rely on American music at the same level the Stones have.
They are much more British, and in that regards much more pure. In the end, both great bands at what they do, but the Beatles will always rank #1.

Of course the Stones were the Who's favorite, not the Fab Four.

Date: July 7, 2022 09:10

24FPS
Hairball

And of course the Beatles were the Stones' favorite, not the Who.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 7, 2022 09:42

Hairball
24FPS
Hairball

And of course the Beatles were the Stones' favorite, not the Who.

At least with Keith I suspect that the perspective just is that before them there were giants and after them came goblins

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home