Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 22, 2022 19:58

My apologies. I stand corrected. My memory was not clear after all these years, and I must have confused LOUD with electric.

I was at the show the night before, on the 30th, but the videos I see online from that night are also acoustic.

I do have a clear memory that they were by far the best act on the bill -- which included Green Day, Pearl Jam, some of Smashing Pumpkins, Tom Waits, Brian Wilson, Emmylou, and Neil.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 22, 2022 20:06

bam
My apologies. I stand corrected. My memory was not clear after all these years, and I must have confused LOUD with electric.

I was at the show the night before, on the 30th, but the videos I see online from that night are also acoustic.

I do have a clear memory that they were by far the best act on the bill -- which included Green Day, Pearl Jam, some of Smashing Pumpkins, Tom Waits, Brian Wilson, Emmylou, and Neil.

By far? Over Pearl Jam and Neil Young? Damn! Must've been elite!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 22, 2022 20:17

NashvilleBlues

Yup. They were on. It was the first time I'd seen them since '82, and I felt they were 60%-70% of the energy of a show from the classic Who -- and still the best act on the bill.

Having the Ox there and playing well made a difference compared with the Who Two.

By the way, Brian Wilson played a very good set that night. It was the beginning of his comeback, his voice was good, and his band was great.

Date: February 22, 2022 20:34

bam
NashvilleBlues

Yup. They were on. It was the first time I'd seen them since '82, and I felt they were 60%-70% of the energy of a show from the classic Who -- and still the best act on the bill.

Having the Ox there and playing well made a difference compared with the Who Two.

By the way, Brian Wilson played a very good set that night. It was the beginning of his comeback, his voice was good, and his band was great.

I saw Brian Wilson in 2015. Loved it!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 22, 2022 21:04

NashvilleBlues
bam
NashvilleBlues

I saw Brian Wilson in 2015. Loved it!

Brian Wilson's touring with Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin this summer! Seriously considering that show!

Date: February 22, 2022 21:59

Kovach, you won't be disappointed if they're anything like when I saw them.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 22, 2022 22:14

I've been out of the Uk and out of the loop for a long time, any tips on getting tickets to the RAH Who show?

Thank you people

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2022 22:28

Tickets on sale 9am (London time) Friday, February 25: [www.royalalberthall.com]

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 23, 2022 15:21

bye bye johnny

Tickets on sale 9am (London time) Friday, February 25: [www.royalalberthall.com]

[www.thewho.com]

Ticketmaster and SEE Tickets also have an allocation. Prices start at £75, Back of Arena is £125, front of Arena is £175. Stalls are £125 and boxes are £150 per person. Hope that helps

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:04

I know the gigs proceeds go to The Teenage Cancer Trust charity, which is a great charity, and Roger and the band have been outstanding over the years raising money for it.
I do count myself extremely lucky to get tix for two gigs at Pryzm Kingston on separate nights for the one hour acoustic gigs, way back in February 2020.
Got the tix for face value which were about £15 - £18 with the vinyl latest album.
Can't be bad. smileys with beer

Date: February 25, 2022 12:40

Interesting ticket arrangements from the RAH this morning for the Who Teenage Cancer Trust gigs

If you were on their site before the 0900 start you got placed randomly in a queue - I had three browsers going and was allocated places in the queue at around numbers 8000, 4000 and 3500

I closed the 8000 and 4000 browsers and waited nearly 2 hours to get to the front of the queue

When that happened I was asked which tickets I wanted. I ordered 2 Arena F (ie front of stage). This took me to another queue to wait for payment and I was done (I had pre-registered my details and credit card on the RAH site yesterday)

Lengthy but a great result. Plus buying direct from the RAH is cheaper than buying from Ticketmaster or See Tickets.

If the Stones play the RAH as rumoured and they use a similar system it seems pretty fair

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: February 25, 2022 13:01

I got two tickets through Ticketb*stard at about 9.15 this morning. I was 8000 in queue at RAH at 9.00 and got access at 10.55 and could have got two tickets for virtually the same price.

Date: February 25, 2022 13:13

The RAH box office told it was an even split between themselves and Ticketmaster / See Tickets. This would imply the RAH had 50% of the tickets and the other two had 50% between them.

Worth bearing in mind if the Stones do play the RAH..

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 26, 2022 16:52

johnnythunders
The RAH box office told it was an even split between themselves and Ticketmaster / See Tickets. This would imply the RAH had 50% of the tickets and the other two had 50% between them.

I'm in .... first proper gig since Eric's tribute to Ginger in the Hammersmith Apollo in February 2020 !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 27, 2022 22:42

paulywaul
johnnythunders

I'm in .... first proper gig since Eric's tribute to Ginger in the Hammersmith Apollo in February 2020 !

See you there Paul!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 28, 2022 23:30

johnnythunders
paulywaul
johnnythunders

See you there Paul!

Yup, it'll be nice to see you again. Be well ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 1, 2022 01:21

Great to see you posting here on The Who topic here paulywaul. smileys with beer

Not sure if you managed to get to any of the acoustic gigs at Pryzm, Kingston...... way back in February 2020, but would be great to see you again nearer the date of the Royal Albert Hall Who gig Friday March 25th. smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2022 01:37

Tommy = one of the most boring albums ever (2 or 3 great songs)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 1, 2022 18:27

A very happy birthday to Roger Daltrey, 78-years-old today!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: March 1, 2022 18:37

Elmo Lewis
Tommy = one of the most boring albums ever (2 or 3 great songs)

Each to their own, I suppose.

I always thought the production on this landmark album was a bit muddy but that all changed with the 2013 remaster.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 2, 2022 22:15

johnnythunders
bye bye johnny

[www.thewho.com]

Ticketmaster and SEE Tickets also have an allocation. Prices start at £75, Back of Arena is £125, front of Arena is £175. Stalls are £125 and boxes are £150 per person. Hope that helps

Kinda funny Pete's holding an electric in the ad for an acoustic show.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 5, 2022 10:25

Never seen the Who before and never been to the Royal Albert Hall.I had a ticket for the Leeds show that was cancelled,so looking forward to this.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 5, 2022 23:00

paulywaul
johnnythunders

That sure is Down The Road Apiece! I passed, did not fancy an acoustic show.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 5, 2022 23:01

kovach
johnnythunders
bye bye johnny

[www.thewho.com]

Kinda funny Pete's holding an electric in the ad for an acoustic show.

Ha ha ha!!

Cheers, SonicD

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 13, 2022 01:25

Sales for some of these US shows are moribund. I mean I don't expect a sellout in Oklahoma City but also didn't expect to see it 90% unsold either. And gas prices are certainly going to put a damper on last minute impulse sales.

(I don't wanna wait til November and I can't do opening night and just started looking at options)

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 21, 2022 18:26

I got a ticket for the RAH show on Friday, my first time seeing them since I caught them as a thrilled 14 year old in 1989.

Who else is going?

Date: March 21, 2022 18:45

Me

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 22, 2022 12:35

Me
Look out for the WHO docs

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: March 22, 2022 13:18

Me
This will be my 6th Who TCT show. They always seem to play well at the RAH.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: March 22, 2022 15:08

I was not going to do this tour but since I'm seeing the Stones in July why not see The Who in October as both bands do their victory laps? Their second home (Toronto) welcomes them Oct 2nd. Can't wait!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home