Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 19, 2020 08:26

Find the highest quality image you can find online and have the poster made to your liking.
I found this image of PT I liked and had it blown up to 30 x 40 inches, and framed it on foam board.
It's less expensive then you think.
I will try to find the image Iused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-19 08:27 by snorton.

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: September 19, 2020 09:05

snorton
Find the highest quality image you can find online and have the poster made to your liking.
I found this image of PT I liked and had it blown up to 30 x 40 inches, and framed it on foam board.
It's less expensive then you think.
I will try to find the image Iused.

thumbs up pic, though I wish you could see Moon playing his drum kit like an animal..maybe in another pic? or Roger twirling his mic 20ft. in the air, just suggestions.

The foam board idea was exactly what I was thinking when someone mentioned a GHS '73 Auckland, Australia poster for $12,800 or maybe it was in British pounds (in another thread). Either way, too much for a piece of (paper) art.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 19, 2020 09:23

Thanks. I've definitely thought about it, and done it in the past for other posters and they look pretty good. It just seems hard to find a better image of that moment other than a screenshot from YouTube.

Date: September 22, 2020 05:07

The Who & Pink Floyd - live New Year's Eve '68, Paris

+ The Troggs, Small Faces, Joe Cocker, Fleetwood Mac

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 22, 2020 05:35

KevinM

'Les Who' aren't live at all, Pete's guitar isn't even plugged in. Same with Small Faces and a few others.

Date: September 22, 2020 07:55

mosthigh
KevinM

'Les Who' aren't live at all, Pete's guitar isn't even plugged in. Same with Small Faces and a few others.

You may wanna mention that on the YT page, I'm not the OP. I'm just enjoying the music.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 22, 2020 15:14

It's so good to see some really good O.T. topics here on IORR when new info on The Stones is scarce.
Whenever I look at this thread about The Who, I always think about the posts from PTownshend, who I'm convinced is the man himself.

Nothing from him for a couple of years now but come on Pete, let's hear from you again even if it is just to say 'Hello' .smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2020 16:17

crawdaddy
It's so good to see some really good O.T. topics here on IORR when new info on The Stones is scarce.
Whenever I look at this thread about The Who, I always think about the posts from PTownshend, who I'm convinced is the man himself.

Nothing from him for a couple of years now but come on Pete, let's hear from you again even if it is just to say 'Hello' .smileys with beer

Didn't catch this in real time, but quite entertaining going through his posts.
Definitely the real deal.. [iorr.org]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 26, 2020 14:18

crawdaddy

So am I. He leases a National Trust place out near me and he, his wife and dog are often seen in a hotel bar a couple of villages away. My parents’ next door neighbour has seen them in there a few times. No one bothers him there which must be nice for him. He just blends in like any other 70 something bloke.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 27, 2020 01:44

A new version of the Who's latest record is being released in a deluxe edition, including recordings from last year's Kingston gigs:

CD2 tracklist:

1Intro 
2Substitute 
3Squeeze Box 
4Tattoo 
5The Kids Are Alright 
6Break The News 
7She Rocked My World 
8Won't Get Fooled Again

[shop.musicvaultz.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 27, 2020 22:34

And featuring the much anticipated (by me, anyway) remix of Beads on One String.

A real highlight of WHO and one of Pete's finest tracks in several decades

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 27, 2020 22:52

Beads on one string - Yes! I liked that one immediately.

Date: October 6, 2020 06:17

Date: October 6, 2020 08:11

That Beads 'remix' is a disappointment.

A big flat and not as peppy as the original version... Shame. In fact, more than a 'remix' it sounds like a PT demo (no real drums etc)

I've only listened a couple of times, but it seems to be much lesser (in many aspects) than than album version.

What do you make of it Critiano and other Who fans?

Date: October 6, 2020 09:23

peoplewitheyes
That Beads 'remix' is a disappointment.

A big flat and not as peppy as the original version... Shame. In fact, more than a 'remix' it sounds like a PT demo (no real drums etc)

I've only listened a couple of times, but it seems to be much lesser (in many aspects) than than album version.

What do you make of it Critiano and other Who fans?

I agree with you. The remix pales in comparison with the original version.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 6, 2020 22:32

They should have thrown some more demos on there, but nice to get the acoustic show.
apparently these two didn't make the cut:

Behind Blue Eyes
Pinball Wizard

OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 14, 2020 18:23

Roger Daltrey talks with Chris Evans on the "How To Wow" podcast:

[shows.acast.com]

OT: The Who stuff
Date: October 15, 2020 21:30

An excerpt from Peter Frampton's 'Do You Feel Like I Do?: A Memoir':

Peter Frampton Almost Replaced Pete Townshend for a Who Tour

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: October 15, 2020 21:56

When is this Frampton episode supposed to have happened? 82 or 89 would be my guesses.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2020 22:13

I Googled The Who to see what the hell is going on with them since I thought they'd retired or whatever and there's something about how Pete hates Led Zeppelin.

I've never heard or read anything about Pete hating Led Zeppelin. Pete's a crybaby and a grump!

Date: October 15, 2020 22:25

Pete's a crazy genius that shoots his mouth of about whatever comes into his head. Sometimes because he believes it (for that minute), sometimes for no other reason than stirring shit up.

He has a very long history of contrary and incendiary statements.

A cantankerous character to be sure.

And I love him for it!

Date: October 15, 2020 23:19

peoplewitheyes
When is this Frampton episode supposed to have happened? 82 or 89 would be my guesses.

1980, based on the Springsteen at MSG part of the story. Did shows there in November and December. He didn't play MSG again until 1988.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 30, 2020 15:42

The Who - Live at Kingston was released today. A nice memory of what has been one of the last concerts some of us have been to before the world changed. I really miss those times. Thanks to this forum I was able to get tickets. I was able to surprise my brother for his birthday with tickets. Wonderful memories! Hope you enjoy the recording too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-30 15:43 by hockenheim95.

Date: November 2, 2020 15:43

I forgot about the release date and I thought the Live at Kingston CD only came with the de-luxe edition.

Looks like you can get it anywhere for about £11.

Will probably go into Kingston in the next couple of days and get it at Banquet Records who put on the gigs .

Thanks to them and a really nice Polish guy who had spare tix I managed to see later gig Feb 12th and early gig Feb 14th.

I can't really see the March shows taking place but hope for the fans sake that they do happen.

So glad I kept the tickets for the Kingston gigs as they could be collectors items in years to come.

Banquet Records

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 2, 2020 16:11

There’s a clip on YouTube, whereby Townshend eludes to being jealous of Zeppelins success and how they became ‘so much bigger’ than The Who. Of course, Townshend could still be peeved over Shel Talmy inviting Page to add guitar to I Can’t Explain!

Date: November 2, 2020 17:14

^ link to that clip?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 2, 2020 18:52

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 7, 2020 03:05

Hairball

Thanks, Hairball. That’s the clip I was remembering.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 4, 2021 16:30

Date: January 31, 2021 17:29

Just put the radio on and Roger Daltrey on UK Radio 2 standing in for Johnnie Walker.
Here's a link. smileys with beer

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1632
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home