Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stu
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 19:35

Manofwealthandtaste
If they do intend making a DVD, it will need to carry a XXXXXX certificate to cover Pete's bawdy banter....... (amusing though it was!)

Not ****ing kidding grinning smiley. Liam Gallagher would have struggled to match some of it. Pete courteously thanked all the “c***s” on the front row who follow them everywhere.

Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 01:08

lots of fun - I've always wished the Who would do an acoustic show like this. I'd like to see The Stones do one too, Mick's getting up there in age, he can slow it down and pull out some old gems to play for a show or two!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-14 01:14 by Lynd8.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:26

Just got back home after the early gig on Friday Feb 14 and can't believe this guy has actually put up youtube clips already.

'Tattoo' was the song rarely played live tonight, with the other eight songs in a slightly different order from the Wednesday gig.
About an hour long gig I would guess.

Another fantastic acoustic show that I will always remember.
Will update videos if I see them come up.
I was to the left of stage in the row behind a few seats.
There was no professional filming done as far as I could see in answer to your question Lynd8.

Tattoo
[youtu.be]

The Kids are Alright.
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Behind Blue Eyes.
[youtu.be]

Early Show Set List
I almost forgot about the minute or so of 3 Steps to heaven.smiling smiley

1 Substitute

2 Squeeze Box

3 Three Steps to Heaven
(Eddie Cochran cover) (Partial)

4 Tattoo
(First time since 2008)

5 The Kids Are Alright

6 Behind Blue Eyes

7 Break the News
(Aborted and restarted)

8 She Rocked My World

9 Pinball Wizard

10 Won't Get Fooled Again
(Roger and Pete only)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-15 04:55 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 23:42

Any professional filming going on?

Date: February 17, 2020 14:58

Just been looking through the youtube clips of the two Friday 14th gigs and here they are.
Also videos of the whole of the early show and late show.
Each one is just over one hour so that's obviously how long the gigs were.
Lots of chat and banter with the audience at times as well as the great music.smileys with beer

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Date: February 17, 2020 15:05

Here are the videos of early and late show Friday February 14th.

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Date: February 19, 2020 16:07

Not sure if this is old news.
Only just seen this about The Who playing Royal Albert Hall on March 28th.
Tix for sale on Friday Feb 21st.
Looks like its got a full orchestra as well as the band.
Should be a great night but gonna be a bit more pricey than the £13 tix for the four acoustic gigs at Kingston.

The Who

OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 21, 2020 23:04

Vocalist Roger Daltrey defines The Who in 2020

Simply titled WHO, The Who's first studio album in 13 years is as advertised. And, of course, a tour soon followed. Frontman Roger Daltrey shares his feelings about the band's outlook in 2020.

Ken Sharp
Feb 17, 2020

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

[www.goldminemag.com]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 22, 2020 02:56

crawdaddy
Not sure if this is old news.
Only just seen this about The Who playing Royal Albert Hall on March 28th.
Tix for sale on Friday Feb 21st.
Looks like its got a full orchestra as well as the band.
Should be a great night but gonna be a bit more pricey than the £13 tix for the four acoustic gigs at Kingston.

The Who

Only just managed to get in front of computer and was amazed to be able to book 2 Arena A tickets just now. There also appear to be a few stalls tickets still available at (compared to the Stones) reasonable prices. It's in a great cause, the RAH is a cool place to see the Who and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Tickets via Ticketmaster, See Tickets and Gigs and Tours plus the RAH itself.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 8, 2020 22:06

Should be a great gig at that historic venue!

Off to the Leeds Direct Arena to see them in a view weeks.My first Who gig.Anybody else off to the UK shows?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 8, 2020 22:39

grzegorz67
Manofwealthandtaste
If they do intend making a DVD, it will need to carry a XXXXXX certificate to cover Pete's bawdy banter....... (amusing though it was!)

Not ****ing kidding grinning smiley. Liam Gallagher would have struggled to match some of it. Pete courteously thanked all the “c***s” on the front row who follow them everywhere.

Is he drinking again?
Disgraceful behaviour for a man of his age!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 9, 2020 00:35

I'm becoming more convinced the PT has some form of autism (Aspergers?) - it would go some way to explaining his genius, as well as his anger (particularly in the early days) and tendency to speak whatever is on his mind, no matter how contradictory that may be.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 9, 2020 00:38

peoplewitheyes
I'm becoming more convinced the PT has some form of autism (Aspergers?) - it would go some way to explaining his genius, as well as his anger (particularly in the early days) and tendency to speak whatever is on his mind, no matter how contradictory that may be.

hey! you kids get off my f'n lawn!

Date: March 9, 2020 01:09

I am pretty sure that Pete is fine in his body and his mind and really enjoyed these four gigs in my home town of Kingston.
He was very laid back and relaxed in all the banter with the audience and genuinely was enjoying the gigs.
Myself ,Gregor and Beast were amongst a few others who post on IORR who were among the few hundred at each of the four gigs who saw them play acoustic and close up.
Just putting up this video again of the Friday night early show and whover took it must have been just behind me I reckon.

Anyone going to any of the upcoming gigs in the U.K. ……………………..and hopefully North America will have a great time I'm sure.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 9, 2020 01:18

jlowe
grzegorz67
Manofwealthandtaste

Is he drinking again?

Roger swore just as much. It was like an episode of Dudley Moore snd Peter Cooke’s ‘Derek & Clive’ double act.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: March 9, 2020 01:59

Strange as it may sound, but C**T is used in all manner of strange ways in Ireland and England. It’s non binary and not even purposed only for humans. And on occasion, a term of endearment and affection grinning smiley

The Acoustic version it Won’t Get Fooled Again I saw in Vancouver is one of the best things I’ve seen live ever. Really nice moment and version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 08:49 by Paddy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 9, 2020 02:21

Aging ungracefully into a crotchety old man with a sense of humour suits him well.
Long live Pete. thumbs up

Date: March 9, 2020 02:39

Paddy
Strange as it may sound, but C**T is used in all manner of strange ways in Ireland and England. It’s non binary and not even purposes only for humans. And on occasion, a term of endearment and affection grinning smiley

The Acoustic version it Won’t Get Fooled Again I saw in Vancouver is one of the best things I’ve seen live ever. Really nice moment and version.

And so too in Scotland and Wales thumbs up. Despite its many softer uses, it’s still seen as the most vulgar swear word in all corners of the British Isles.

The acoustic version of Won’t Get Fooled Again you describe, with only Pete and Roger on stage, was the final song at all 4 shows.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 9, 2020 05:42

jlowe
grzegorz67
Manofwealthandtaste

Is he drinking again?
Oh lighten up...

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 10, 2020 00:30

stargroover
Should be a great gig at that historic venue!

Off to the Leeds Direct Arena to see them in a view weeks.My first Who gig.Anybody else off to the UK shows?

Yeah man going to Birmingham April 1! Can't wait..

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 10, 2020 00:37

erad
jlowe
grzegorz67
Manofwealthandtaste

Is he drinking again?
Oh lighten up...

Joke

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: March 12, 2020 13:52

UK / Ireland tour postpooned

[www.thewho.com]

Date: March 12, 2020 17:55

Such a shame the Who have postponed the Tour which would have started on Monday night at Manchester.
Not totally unexpected and I'm sure there will be many more music,sport entertainment etc. events that will get called off...…………….all over the world.

Makes me feel so lucky and thankful that I managed to get tickets at the last minute for two of the Who acoustic gigs at Kingston a few weeks ago.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:14

Oddly,the upcoming US shows have not been cancelled....at least not yet.
After the great Hollywood Bowl shows in October, was thinking of going to one of the upcoming shows in Vegas in May, but for some reason completely forgot about it and never did get tickets.
Don't think I'd gamble on that now as the shows are almost certain to be cancelled (?). And then there are the several US arena shows prior to Vegas...a couple of which had been rescheduled from a previous postponement...

Date: March 12, 2020 20:30

crawdaddy
Such a shame the Who have postponed the Tour which would have started on Monday night at Manchester.
Not totally unexpected and I'm sure there will be many more music,sport entertainment etc. events that will get called off...…………….all over the world.

Makes me feel so lucky and thankful that I managed to get tickets at the last minute for two of the Who acoustic gigs at Kingston a few weeks ago.

Me too. I have the day booked off work on Monday 30th March with a view to picking up a last gasp cheap spare for the Cardiff show that day so I might pick a different day off now because I have to take it before the end of the month.

Date: March 12, 2020 20:58

Lots of comments on the Who website, mainly supporting the decision to postpone.
No decision yet on the USA tour.
Not a great time for bands to have a tour scheduled or for fans who have tix/travel/hotel/time off work etc. booked .
I always try to think positive but every day so far, hasn't been any better than the day before concerning Coronavirus.

[www.thewho.com]

Date: March 12, 2020 21:14

crawdaddy
Lots of comments on the Who website, mainly supporting the decision to postpone.
No decision yet on the USA tour.
Not a great time for bands to have a tour scheduled or for fans who have tix/travel/hotel/time off work etc. booked .
I always try to think positive but every day so far, hasn't been any better than the day before concerning Coronavirus.

[www.thewho.com]

The number of current cases in China now appears to be slowly falling - now around 15,000 but it depends whether their figures are honest or accurate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 21:18 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 13, 2020 05:26

I would think there is a high probability that Jazz Fest in New Orleans will
be cancelled.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:28

I see the Who have rescheduled - for a year's time!

The Who new dates

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:48

Old Roger will be 77!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home