Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 8, 2020 11:40

Finally made it to listen to the whole new album in one go. It's a good album, not any worse than anything they did previously. OK, Daltrey is no longer in his twenties and sings in a lower register but for me at least that's no problem. Certainly not the kind of album with which some old dudes quickly want to cash in one more time.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 11, 2020 00:52

The Who kick off their gigs for 2020 on Wednesday and Friday for four gigs at my hometown of Kingston in the suburbs of London.
Pryzm is what was the old Kingston Granada and have seen many great gigs there but not The Who or The Rolling Stones when they performed there in the 60's.
Anyone on here who may have a spare ticket for any of the gigs on February 12th or 14th please contact me on here or my e-mail which is not hidden.
I live in Epsom these days which is nearby, and can meet up anywhere in the area if anyone has a spare ticket.
Have a great time all of you Who fans who are going to the gig.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: February 11, 2020 17:55

crawdaddy
The Who kick off their gigs for 2020 on Wednesday and Friday for four gigs at my hometown of Kingston in the suburbs of London.
Pryzm is what was the old Kingston Granada and have seen many great gigs there but not The Who or The Rolling Stones when they performed there in the 60's.
Anyone on here who may have a spare ticket for any of the gigs on February 12th or 14th please contact me on here or my e-mail which is not hidden.
I live in Epsom these days which is nearby, and can meet up anywhere in the area if anyone has a spare ticket.
Have a great time all of you Who fans who are going to the gig.
smileys with beer
Was in Kingston for the Ronnie Wood show in the All Saints church. What a nice area!!! Could not manage to get a ticket for the Who. Enjoy the show if you hopefully will get a ticket!

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 12, 2020 03:51

doitywoik
Finally made it to listen to the whole new album in one go. It's a good album, not any worse than anything they did previously. OK, Daltrey is no longer in his twenties and sings in a lower register but for me at least that's no problem. Certainly not the kind of album with which some old dudes quickly want to cash in one more time.

I find it interesting how many "better than Endless Wire" comments there are going around. I really liked EW, and I really like the new album as well. It turns out when you release 2 albums between '93 and '19, you have time to write a few good songs.

Date: February 12, 2020 04:50

two albums between '82 and '19, which makes that four albums in 40 years. pete is, for certain, a genius, and the who are one of my favourites, but how many outstanding songs have there actually been in all those years? i guess you can add a handful from his solo records, too, but not all that many.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 11:56

On my way to London for the early show at Kingston. Looking forward very much!Based on instructions from Banquet Records yesterday, I’m expecting a 45-50 minute show.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 12, 2020 12:04

grzegorz67
On my way to London for the early show at Kingston. Looking forward very much!Based on instructions from Banquet Records yesterday, I’m expecting a 45-50 minute show.

I'm going to the late show tonight. According to the email Banquet sent, the late show crowd get herded into a holding area in the club before the early show has ended. Might take away a bit of the surprise of the setlist but who knows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 12:05 by Ket.

Date: February 12, 2020 12:09

Ket
grzegorz67

I'm going to the late show tonight. According to the email Banquet sent, the late show crowd get herded into a holding area in the club before the early show has ended. Might take away a bit of the surprise of the setlist but who knows?

I got the same email. All very odd. You’ll certainly hear the 1st show!

Date: February 12, 2020 12:20

Hope anyone out there going to the gigs have a great time.
I have a slight chance of a ticket for early Friday show from someone who may not be able to make it.
Only worry I have is that when I looked at terms and conditions on banquetrecords tickets page it says ticket not transferable and name of person booking the ticket will be on it.
I'm sure if I go along to the record store this afternoon and explain that the guy with the ticket can't get to the gig and offered it to me.

I hope so anyway.

Might see you later gregor at the Wetherspoons pub opposite Pryzm. smileys with beer

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: February 12, 2020 13:00

Please could anyone going tonight let us know what the security arrangements are like? I am going on Friday and was hoping to make a recording but do not want to risk it if there are scanners/metal detectors.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 12, 2020 13:35

Ket
grzegorz67

I am also going to the late show tonight but I have not received any email from Banquet about arrangements. I rang them yesterday and they told me the doors open at 19:00 and that the show starts at 20:00 and will last 45-60 minutes.

What did the Banquet email say exactly?

EDIT: Ignore the above - I just found the email in my junkbox!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 13:37 by Beast.

Date: February 12, 2020 13:39

Anyone going to the early show, please send any intell about the queue situation. Am trying to figure out what sort of time to turn up for the late show. Being a delicate flower, I don't much relish standing out in the cold for hours on end smiling smiley

Date: February 12, 2020 13:49

Beast
Anyone going to the early show, please send any intell about the queue situation. Am trying to figure out what sort of time to turn up for the late show. Being a delicate flower, I don't much relish standing out in the cold for hours on end smiling smiley

See you there Beast!
One curious thing......the early show states "band on stage at 6.30pm". If they play for the expected 45 minutes or so......and the doors open for the second show at 7.00pm.......could be interesting!

Date: February 12, 2020 16:24

crawdaddy
Hope anyone out there going to the gigs have a great time.
I have a slight chance of a ticket for early Friday show from someone who may not be able to make it.
Only worry I have is that when I looked at terms and conditions on banquetrecords tickets page it says ticket not transferable and name of person booking the ticket will be on it.
I'm sure if I go along to the record store this afternoon and explain that the guy with the ticket can't get to the gig and offered it to me.

I hope so anyway.
J
Might see you later gregor at the Wetherspoons pub opposite Pryzm. smileys with beer

I'm here thumbs up. I can see Pryzm out the window and the queue's still short.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 12, 2020 22:18

"The Who’s smallest show in over forty years!
Photo: @bobbyvmedia @ PRYZM Kingston"

[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 12, 2020 23:00

Not the most interesting set list, but nice to see a few new ones in there:

Substitute
Squeeezbox
Behind Blue Eyes
Kids Are Alright
Break the News
She Rocks My World
Pinball W
Won't Get Fooled Again

Date: February 12, 2020 23:10

peoplewitheyes
Not the most interesting set list, but nice to see a few new ones in there:

Substitute
Squeeezbox
Behind Blue Eyes
Kids Are Alright
Break the News
She Rocks My World
Pinball W
Won't Get Fooled Again

I was there. Fun and Rog and Pete were on top form. Lots of audience interaction and rather excessive bad language too! Good to grab a pint with our own Crawdaddy in the pub across the road. Hope you got in Tony!

Date: February 12, 2020 23:27

That's awesome grzegorz67! I am not in the UK at the moment, otherwise I would have done my best to be there.

I bet it was great to see those two legends up close!

How did those two 2 tracks sound (and go down with the crowd)?

Date: February 12, 2020 23:38

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 13, 2020 00:50

Cristiano Radtke
Squeeze Box

Quite good...and with the 70´s Freddie Mercury on the tambourine

Date: February 13, 2020 01:08

About 5pm this afternoon I was in the pub opposite Prizm and having a pint with Gregor and his mate who both had tix for the early show.
Been along earlier to banquet records shop just down the road to try to blag a ticket for tonight or Friday but nothing going.There was a glimmer of hope for Friday if any returns etc. were available , but would have to be quick and go direct to the shop.
By 6pm I had two tickets for early show Friday and also a ticket for 8pm show tonight thanks to Robert and Igor from Poland and the lovely helpful girl at banquet records who made it all possible for me.
Had a great night after meeting up with the lovely Beast in the line and got a reasonable view of the gig, in what was a very crowded venue and took me about 15 minutes wandering around to get a good view .
Sound was excellent though.
Was back home by 10 pm after a really good night of music and chat from Pete and Roger , although a helluva lot of swearing as well in what was probably an hour long gig.
Will write a review tomorrow and will look out for some decent youtube videos of the performance. smileys with beer

Date: February 13, 2020 01:22

Looking forward to hearing more, Crawdaddy

Date: February 13, 2020 01:24

crawdaddy
About 5pm this afternoon I was in the pub opposite Prizm and having a pint with Gregor and his mate who both had tix for the early show.
Been along earlier to banquet records shop just down the road to try to blag a ticket for tonight or Friday but nothing going.There was a glimmer of hope for Friday if any returns etc. were available , but would have to be quick and go direct to the shop.
By 6pm I had two tickets for early show Friday and also a ticket for 8pm show tonight thanks to Robert and Igor from Poland and the lovely helpful girl at banquet records who made it all possible for me.
Had a great night after meeting up with the lovely Beast in the line and got a reasonable view of the gig, in what was a very crowded venue and took me about 15 minutes wandering around to get a good view .
Sound was excellent though.
Was back home by 10 pm after a really good night of music and chat from Pete and Roger , although a helluva lot of swearing as well in what was probably an hour long gig.
Will write a review tomorrow and will look out for some decent youtube videos of the performance. smileys with beer

Great news! Cheers, crawdaddy! smileys with beer

Date: February 13, 2020 01:44

Thanks Cristiano. smileys with beer
Love the video you posted and been taking a look if anything else around and this guy has posted quite a few from early show tonight.

Substitute.

[youtu.be]

Pinball Wizard

[youtu.be]

Won't Get Fooled Again.

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 13, 2020 02:15

Did anyone notice if this was professionally filmed? I'm really hoping for a DVD

Date: February 13, 2020 15:18

Video quality not great but audio is fine.
This guy must have spent all of both gigs on Wednesday filming it.
Thank you to him anyway. smileys with beer

Early show.
[youtu.be]

Late show Part 1.
[youtu.be]

Late Show Part 2
[youtu.be]

Late Show Part 3
[youtu.be]

Roger trying to sing new song 'Break the News'
Lots of swearing unfortunately.
[youtu.be]

Wont Get Fooled again. Late Show.
[youtu.be]

Behind Blue Eyes.
[youtu.be]

The Kids are Alright.
[youtu.be]

I loved this late show on Wednesday and looking forward to see the early show on Friday evening. smileys with beer

Date: February 13, 2020 17:48

crawdaddy
Thanks Cristiano. smileys with beer
Love the video you posted and been taking a look if anything else around and this guy has posted quite a few from early show tonight.

Substitute.

[youtu.be]

Pinball Wizard

[youtu.be]

Won't Get Fooled Again.

[youtu.be]

These are excellent Tony! Thanks for hunting them down and glad you made it into the 2nd show. They sold 800 tickets for each of last night's shows and 500 for each Friday's. My guess is that those 300 fewer places will be to make way for professional filming equipment. So last night's shows were effectively warm up gigs.

Date: February 13, 2020 18:02

If they do intend making a DVD, it will need to carry a XXXXXX certificate to cover Pete's bawdy banter....... (amusing though it was!)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2020 18:07

Fantastic pics and videos. thumbs up

Date: February 13, 2020 18:46

I echo the thanks to Tony for digging out the videos. What a fantastic show! Wish I was going again on Friday - it's sure to be another great night.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home