Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 8, 2019 04:10

Great cd all the way thru. The guys are not twenty five years old. Sound great.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 8, 2019 04:11

ron091
The first 7 songs on the Who album qualify as the album of the year all by themselves. The rest are ok but filler. I wish we could say the same for the Stones soon!
agree 100%

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 02:07

Any get their Ticketmaster CD’s yet?

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 11, 2019 02:37

Is the album really good? And not by just like "yeah, its passable", like that its a legit good album.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2019 03:24

It appears Pete let the cat out of the bag and The Who will be playing Jazz Fest.

"Townshend continued in a clip first reported by LiveMusicBlog.com, the band intended to make up those dates “next April or May. We’re doing the New Orleans Jazz Festival, I believe, and we’ll probably come straight into Dallas and Houston and up to Denver to replace those shows.”
[www.nola.com]

A little dig in the article at Jagger for leaking last years (cancelled) appearance before the announcement as well cool smiley
Not sure if this would affect the Stones chances of appearing.. likely not, unless they are planning a Desert Trip 3 type line-up.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 11, 2019 04:49

MisterDDDD
It appears Pete let the cat out of the bag and The Who will be playing Jazz Fest.

"Townshend continued in a clip first reported by LiveMusicBlog.com, the band intended to make up those dates “next April or May. We’re doing the New Orleans Jazz Festival, I believe, and we’ll probably come straight into Dallas and Houston and up to Denver to replace those shows.”
[www.nola.com]

A little dig in the article at Jagger for leaking last years (cancelled) appearance before the announcement as well cool smiley
Not sure if this would affect the Stones chances of appearing.. likely not, unless they are planning a Desert Trip 3 type line-up.

But that article and instagram clip was from way back in September when the Who had to cancel a couple of shows - the cats been put of the bag for quite some time though nothing was absolutely confirmed (he says "I believe").
If indeed it is true, highly doubt the Stones would be there at the same time, but you never know I suppose. And what is this about a Desert Trip 3 type line-up...did I miss Desert Trip 2? Or maybe you're referring to Desert Trip wkd. 1 and 2?

See you somewhere during the next Stones tour MisterDDDD. thumbs up

rattler2004
Any get their Ticketmaster CD’s yet?

Not yet, even though I received a shipment notification last Wednesday - must be the Pony Express...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-11 04:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 11, 2019 06:15

Pete Townshend - The First Time

"In this episode of 'The First Time,' The Who guitarist recalls first hearing the Beatles, watching Jimi Hendrix and coming to America."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 11, 2019 06:23

Hairball
But that article and instagram clip was from way back in September when the Who had to cancel a couple of shows - the cats been put of the bag for quite some time though nothing was absolutely confirmed (he says "I believe").
If indeed it is true, highly doubt the Stones would be there at the same time, but you never know I suppose. And what is this about a Desert Trip 3 type line-up...did I miss Desert Trip 2? Or maybe you're referring to Desert Trip wkd. 1 and 2?

See you somewhere during the next Stones tour MisterDDDD. thumbs up

Someone posted on twitter today like it was new.. I didn't check the date cool smiley

I was just speculating with the Stones rumored earlier to be playing JF, add The Who, and just a few bands away from a DT 3 (counting the two weekends as DT1 &2 )

Definitely will catch up somewhere on the next leg Hairball winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-11 14:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 11, 2019 07:17

THE WHO ANNOUNCE THEIR MOST INTIMATE SHOW IN 40 YEARS!

To celebrate the release of ‘WHO’ – The Who’s ‘best album since 1975….’ The Who announce they will play their smallest live show in over 40 years! The date is set to mark 50 years to the day of their historic Live at Leeds show – 14 Feb 2020. This is a never to be repeated intimate acoustic show at Pryzm, Kingston, UK.

ON SALE 11 AM 11.12.19! Ticket bundle details: [www.banquetrecords.com]

[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:01

Cristiano Radtke

THE WHO ANNOUNCE THEIR MOST INTIMATE SHOW IN 40 YEARS!

To celebrate the release of ‘WHO’ – The Who’s ‘best album since 1975….’ The Who announce they will play their smallest live show in over 40 years! The date is set to mark 50 years to the day of their historic Live at Leeds show – 14 Feb 2020. This is a never to be repeated intimate acoustic show at Pryzm, Kingston, UK.

ON SALE 11 AM 11.12.19! Ticket bundle details: [www.banquetrecords.com]

[m.facebook.com]
well that was a joke smiling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:05

Got one ticket smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:09

Sold out in seconds. Never mind. I can't complain after getting lucky with my Ronnie Wood ticket there.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:15

I clicked and clicked and clicked but in the end got nothing.

Date: December 11, 2019 13:17

Pryzm nightclub will be more suited to The Who than All Saints Church, that's for sure!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:19

no luck here

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 13:20

KEEP ON TRYING!!! I just scored a second ticket for my brother!!

Date: December 11, 2019 13:32

ChrisL
I clicked and clicked and clicked but in the end got nothing.

I managed to get one. Yippee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-11 13:33 by ChrisL.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 11, 2019 14:16

Wow - congrats! How did you manage that?! No luck for me. They were gone in nanoseconds...

Date: December 11, 2019 14:21

Beast
Wow - congrats! How did you manage that?! No luck for me. They were gone in nanoseconds...

They appear every now and then, but by the time you click on 'BUY NOW' they have sold out again!

Date: December 11, 2019 14:28

Manofwealthandtaste
Beast

They appear every now and then, but by the time you click on 'BUY NOW' they have sold out again!

If I somehow can get more, you two will be at the top of my list for concert-going partners.

Date: December 11, 2019 15:53

They're putting on a 2nd 'early show' the same day. Tickets went on sale at 1pm and they sold out in 0.00001 of a second too sad smiley

[www.banquetrecords.com]

Date: December 11, 2019 15:58

The Who sell out.........

Date: December 11, 2019 19:00

Wow...what an opportunity to see the Who in such a small venue.
Congrats to those who were lucky to get tix! smileys with beer

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: December 11, 2019 21:39

Looking like The Who may enter the UK charts at #1 and they are in a battle for the top spot in the United States as well. They will enter at #1 or #2 in the States. Well done!

[www.officialcharts.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 12, 2019 01:02

ChrisL
Manofwealthandtaste
Beast

If I somehow can get more, you two will be at the top of my list for concert-going partners.

Thank you, kind sir!

Date: December 12, 2019 01:30

For those of us who missed out, do not despair! 2 more shows have been added for Wednesday 12th February. On sale at 11am tomorrow.

[www.banquetrecords.com]

Date: December 12, 2019 02:35

thumbs up

Imagine the Stones doing something like this...maybe the Who will inspire them - not only to finish their album, but to play some small scale shows.
Either of those seems an impossibility at this point, but never say never.

Date: December 12, 2019 11:07

grzegorz67
For those of us who missed out, do not despair! 2 more shows have been added for Wednesday 12th February. On sale at 11am tomorrow.

[www.banquetrecords.com]

I thought they said "never to be repeated again"? winking smiley

Good luck! thumbs up

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: December 12, 2019 12:18

I cant see rogers voice doing 4 shows in two days or is the 12 and 14 three days?

Date: December 12, 2019 12:19

ukcal
I cant see rogers voice doing 4 shows in two days or is the 12 and 14 three days?

My guess is the shows will only last about 30-40 minutes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home