Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2019 00:54

rattler2004
Hairball
bye bye johnny

Unfortunately due to illness, The Who concerts in Dallas Sept 27 & Denver Sept 29 must be postponed. Fans should hold on to their tickets for Dallas & Denver shows & Sept 25 Houston show, as they will be honoured at rescheduled dates. Please stay tuned for further information.

[twitter.com]

That's unfortunate for those who planned on attending, but on the bright side the shows will be rescheduled, and (hopefully) Roger will be good to go after that.
The next scheduled date isn't until Oct. 9 in San Francisco, so plenty of time to recuperate/recover from any ailments - unless it's something more serious of course.

Keeping fingers crossed for the scheduled Hollywood Bowl shows (Oct. 11, 13, 24) which I have tix for, but if I'm able to see even just one of them I'll be happy.
Last time I saw them was at Desert Trip where they were phenomenal both weekends.

I sold my tickets to the Hollywood Bowl Oct 11 show...I had to, we’ve got a family obligation that weekend...the Hollywood Bowl is a bucket list venue for me...and I also had last seen The Who at Desert Trip (1st weekend)...which is why I went to the Houston show instead.....mind you this show, with orchestra isn’t at all like the ballsy band that ripped at Desert Trip...it’s lot more understated...

I’m not a big fan of the orchestra thing...

Yeah rattler2004 I realize it will be an entirely different show than Desert Trip, and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to it.
I've always enjoyed orchestras for the most part (the Hollywood Bowl is known for them), and to see the Who incorporate it in to their shows sounds intriguing, though I realize it's not everybody's cup of tea.
A shame you had to sell your tickets, but the Hollywood Bowl will always be there and you'll have your chance to experience it some day.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 29, 2019 04:45

Hairball wrote:

but the Hollywood Bowl will always be there.

Unless it is destroyed in a Southern California earthquake!

plexi

Date: September 29, 2019 04:53

I am planning on going to the first Hollywood Bowl show too unless it too is canceled/postponed. Time will tell.

plexi

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 3, 2019 18:48

"All This Music Must Fade"

[youtu.be]

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: October 3, 2019 19:56

bye bye johnny
"All This Music Must Fade"

[youtu.be]

Why on earth wasn't this released first rather than Ball and Chain?! This is great.

Date: October 3, 2019 20:02

"I don't care, I know you're gonna hate this song..."

I love it!!! smiling smiley

Classic Who.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 3, 2019 22:56

This is great!!!!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 3, 2019 23:33

I don't understand why the drums are so sparse and conservative. If it's Zak playing, he has every capability to turn it on much more than that, and I feel this song really starves for a richer, more vibrant beat, and less effect on the drum. It sounds like a Who song, EXCEPT for the drums. I like Zak's playing in the bits of live performances I've seen, but here the song just begs for a better performance (and better production) in the drumming department. IMHO, of course.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 3, 2019 23:58

Parts of it remind me of 'Slip Kid' from 'Who By Numbers'. In fact, it wouldn't be out of place on that album - or outtakes - either.

I agree the drums are a bit tepid and sterile, but it still kind of works for the 70-something tWho.

So far, sounds like a better album than 'Endless Wire', at least.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 4, 2019 00:23

Sorry. but in my honest opinion its a horrible song.

Date: October 4, 2019 00:32

Ket
Sorry. but in my honest opinion its a horrible song.

No need to apologize, but since you did you're forgiven lol.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 4, 2019 00:56

I thought Who by numbers too...but the song number two...And that´s not a bad thing...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 4, 2019 11:26

Wow, that new song is definitely growing on me. Love to hear do much of Pete's singing on it. I wasn't too keen on the first track (B&C) but this has got me excited for the new album!

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 4, 2019 11:44

That's the best new thing I've heard from them in decades. Good length for a song too - just over 3 minutes. A proper single and much better than the previous one.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 4, 2019 12:54

I like the new song. Can't wait to hear the whole album.

Date: October 4, 2019 14:55

ash
That's the best new thing I've heard from them in decades. Good length for a song too - just over 3 minutes. A proper single and much better than the previous one.

the previous song was an already release pete solo tune redone so I can see why this new one comes off better

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 4, 2019 16:32

If I squint real hard I can kind of make out what used to sound like The Who on this track.

Liking a song shouldn't require effort.

OT: The Who stuff
Date: October 4, 2019 21:52

From Pete's Instagram. Video tips a return to Jazzfest:

Roger has bronchitis. Houston, Dallas and Denver shows all rescheduled for April-May 2020. Keep an eye out on Who website for details. #officialthewho

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 4, 2019 23:52

As I predicted, just over 2 weeks out and ticket prices dropping significantly for Vancouver and probably many other shows.

$350+ seats now going for $130 - $180 (CAD) ...and there's still plenty left. Even the front 'platinum' ones are less than $500 and likely dropping.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 5, 2019 03:10

Better than what the stones have released since 2006 studio album.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 5, 2019 19:47

An Evening with Pete Townshend. This promises to be interesting. Hope so, as I nabbed myself a ticket.

[www.howtoacademy.com]

Date: October 6, 2019 01:28

Yeah Beast, I just got a ticket for that too. Always an interesting speaker, although a lot will depend on his mood on the evening - he can be an ornery old bastard...

Hope he brings along his acoustic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-06 15:24 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 6, 2019 14:13

You're right about the old bastard bit! So let's hope he's in a good mood and some acoustic would definitely be very nice, too.

Date: October 6, 2019 15:25

weird! I meant to state that he can be an ornery bastard, but I guess it got autocorrected....

(Let me state that I do love PT and his many moods!)

Date: October 10, 2019 10:05

So has anyone heard about tonight's show at the Chase Center in San Fran? Did they play it as they a) had to be sure Roger's voice was OK; and b) the Bay Area has been hit by a series of power outages and there is currently an uproar against PGE over this.

I'm going Friday and hopefully Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl. Just saw Van the Man there last Sunday, great show.

plexi

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 10, 2019 10:09

Beast
An Evening with Pete Townshend. This promises to be interesting. Hope so, as I nabbed myself a ticket.

[www.howtoacademy.com]

Drat ! Can't make it … mutter mutter !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 10, 2019 13:08

got an email from the seattle mariners with an offer for 50% off who tickets. show a week from saturday. going to be real chilly probably. there's a roof but it still is open air.

Date: October 10, 2019 13:40

Totally agree with the idea that better drums would make a huge difference.
When that second verse starts with "I'm long gone.." (I think) at 0:49 it is just begging for one of those huge Who drum fills.

OT: The Who stuff
Date: October 10, 2019 14:01

San Francisco - Chase Center, 10/9

Truly legendary.

That rocked, @thewho & @liamgallagher

[twitter.com]

Date: October 10, 2019 17:00

Thanks so much, bye bye.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home