Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2019 17:56

If you don't have anything nice to say about The Who then save us all a lot of time and frustrations by NOT posting here in this thread, which really is about The Who, and fans of The Who. I will delete hate posts - they are inappropriate on a fan site.

PS. As an alternative, if you don't like The Who, and you need to tell the world, I would suggest going into the forest or into the shower then scream out what you would like to post in this thread.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-15 05:13 by bv.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 28, 2019 19:03

mosthigh
Woz
The Who at Desert Trip were absolutely awesome. Nothing HMS spouts here was even remotely accurate.

Also, seek out Christiano’s review of the Mexico City show for an honey take on the Who

They didn't do so well the second weekend of Desert Trip. Pete later said they were tired after Mexico and it showed, especially for the first half of the show. Things picked up a little towards the end.

I thought they were great saw them first weekend of Desert Trip although they sounded rushed and it was their hits setlist package they sounded tight and was one of the best shows I'd seen post the Moon/Ox era.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 28, 2019 19:45

reg thorpe
mosthigh
Woz
The Who at Desert Trip were absolutely awesome. Nothing HMS spouts here was even remotely accurate.

Also, seek out Christiano’s review of the Mexico City show for an honey take on the Who

They didn't do so well the second weekend of Desert Trip. Pete later said they were tired after Mexico and it showed, especially for the first half of the show. Things picked up a little towards the end.

That was my take as well, Desert Trip 1 was outstanding!

I thought they were great saw them first weekend of Desert Trip although they sounded rushed and it was their hits setlist package they sounded tight and was one of the best shows I'd seen post the Moon/Ox era.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2019 20:04

Woz
reg thorpe
mosthigh
Woz

That was my take as well, Desert Trip 1 was outstanding!

I thought they were great both weekends, as was Neil Young and Roger Waters.
The Stones were better the second weekend, but not really the highlight of either weekend imo - that would be The Who, Young, and Waters.
Dylan was legendary, but seemed out of place in the mammoth desert setting. Best to see him in a small venue, though it was still fantastic to see him "opening" for the Stones.
Macca was good the first weekend, though it was practically the exact same show I had seen a year or so earlier at Dodger stadium - left early during his set on wkd. II as it was more of the same.
All in all, the entire Desert Trip was like a dream and am glad I was able to experience it all, not to mention two Neil Young Theater shows in between the two weekends.
Dylan, Stones, Neil, Macca, The Who, Waters...don't think we'll ever see a lineup like that ever again.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2019 23:21

Woz

Also, seek out Christiano’s review of the Mexico City show for an honest take on the Who

That was a review of the Porto Alegre concert, not Mexico City. On any case, thanks for your kind words about it. It made my day a whole lot better. smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2019 05:37

That was a wonderfully written review, apologies for the confusion on the locale!

Date: May 29, 2019 07:36

And where can this review be found?
Would love to read it. thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 29, 2019 10:23

i actually bought a download of 1 of the desert trip shows. its awesome, as is the tape of the show i attended in seattle.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2019 13:43

Hairball
Would love to read it.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 29, 2019 16:16

Well said, BV!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 29, 2019 17:11

Some time ago I´ve heard that they are offer downloads of each and every show... but I can´t find anything about it on the torso´s official websiteconfused smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 29, 2019 17:13

HMS: ' I hate the current Who, where can I download some of their recent shows?'

eye rolling smiley

Date: May 29, 2019 17:24

I want to get there to check setlists and have an overall look what is offered... not being a huge fan of their current line-up means not that I completely lost interest in anything the torso does.

Date: May 29, 2019 17:45

HMS -

Seems you've overlooked the post at the very top of this page. That or you don't give a monkeys...

Date: May 29, 2019 17:57

Is there anyone who can provide a link to a site where official downloads of recent shows by the current line-up of THE WHO are offered?cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-29 17:59 by HMS.

OT: The Who stuff
Date: May 29, 2019 18:13

The Who delivers classics with a new orchestral twist in latest — and last? — Detroit show

Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press
May 29, 2019

Elaine Crome

[www.freep.com]

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 29, 2019 19:43

HMS
Is there anyone who can provide a link to a site where official downloads of recent shows by the current line-up of THE WHO are offered?

"some time ago" was probably the key there, I don't think any have been available since the 2016 tour. They were available through thewho.com store at the time.
They were very good as well drinking smiley

Setlists? [thewholive.net]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 29, 2019 19:50

HMS
Is there anyone who can provide a link to a site where official downloads of recent shows by the current line-up of THE WHO are offered?cool smiley

We'll answer it for you: they don't sell them anymore cause the band no longer sounds good.

Date: May 29, 2019 20:53

Another positive review from the current tour!

Date: May 30, 2019 00:21

bye bye johnny
Hairball
Would love to read it.

[iorr.org]

Oh yes, thanks bye bye johnny for jarring the memory - it was EPIC! smiling smiley

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 30, 2019 02:05

heard some decent clips; stage volume was down; roger sounded good!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 02:07

Roger sounding great here last week.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 31, 2019 02:38

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-31 23:44 by hopkins.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 31, 2019 03:03

Half hour till they hit the stage here in Pittsburgh.

First time seeing them. I'm pretty excited!

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: May 31, 2019 11:00

I just think the passion they put into that was spine chilling, nearly made me cry, its just honest, they are old but they still manage to make up for it by singing, playing and delivering it in a sincere way, just as it is with the Stones, it's fantastic to witness these old men giving it their all one last time because they know one night it will be.

OT: The Who - Pittsburgh PA 5/30
Date: May 31, 2019 22:40

The Who takes fans on yet another Amazing Journey

Scott Mervis
May 31, 2019

Michael M. Santiago

[www.post-gazette.com]

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: June 2, 2019 22:03

Ticketmaster flash sale until midnight tonight (UK time) buy one get one free
[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Wembley Stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-02 22:03 by yorkshirestone.

OT The Who Pop Up 52 Brewer Street
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 14, 2019 13:54

If anyone planned on visiting, the Pinball Wizard singles are not due til at least 1400 today tho you can pay now and pick up later (shuts at 6)

Also there is a Ticketmaster deal instore where you put THEWHOAT52 into Ticketmaster.co.uk to get 2-for-1 tickets for the Wembley gig

OT: The Who stuff
Date: June 19, 2019 21:03

The Who is bringing their Moving On! Tour back to The Garden on Sept. 1!

Watch the band mark their unforgettable return to the venue in this exclusive look behind-the-scenes at their sold out show last month. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10am.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 19, 2019 21:26

bye bye johnny

The Who is bringing their Moving On! Tour back to The Garden on Sept. 1!

Watch the band mark their unforgettable return to the venue in this exclusive look behind-the-scenes at their sold out show last month. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10am.

[www.instagram.com]

Tommy with orchestra again?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home