Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 18, 2018 19:59

"I am thrilled to announce my autobiography, Let the Good Times Roll. Out on 31st of May, I also have two events coming up 2nd June book signing [www.hurtwoodparkpolo.co.uk] … and 11th June Word in Your Ear Q&A: [www.wiyelondon.com];

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 18, 2018 20:15

Awesome! Looking forward to this one...
Kenney must have some great stories!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 01:44

All great news, I bought tickets for the Michigan show with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra

Date: April 19, 2018 03:12

This looks like a fantastic book.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

OT: Roger Daltrey 2018 Tour
Date: April 19, 2018 03:10

Hello Folks,

Does anyone know who will be playing guitar on Daltrey's upcoming tour here in the States? Any help is appreciated!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Re: OT: Roger Daltrey 2018 Tour
Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: April 19, 2018 04:55

Pretty sure it’ll be Simon Townshend and Frank Simes, as it has been since ‘09.

Date: April 19, 2018 05:55

Simon is Pete's son? Can anybody vouch for the Daltrey solo show? Is it worth checking out?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 08:46

charlesbaudelaire
Simon is Pete's son? Can anybody vouch for the Daltrey solo show? Is it worth checking out?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Simon is Pete’s brother, 16 years his junior. He’s a regular member of the Who’s touring band.

Date: April 19, 2018 16:44

Thanks, guys! I haven't seen the Who since 1999. It sounds like it'll be a very good show then.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: April 19, 2018 16:47

charlesbaudelaire
Thanks, guys! I haven't seen the Who since 1999. It sounds like it'll be a very good show then.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

His new single is great!

Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have You on The Graham Norton Show

OT: Roger Daltrey - "As Long As I Have You"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2018 22:26

Who's next! Roger Daltrey makes first solo album in 26 years

by Charles Hutchinson

ROGER Daltrey's new album, As Long As I Have You, will feature Pete Townshend, his perennial partner in The Who.

"This is a return to the very beginning, to the time before Pete started writing our songs, to a time when we were a teenage band playing soul music to small crowds in church halls," says 74-year-old Daltrey, whose last solo set was Rocks In The Head in 1992.

"That's what we were, a soul band. And now, I can sing soul with all the experience you need to sing it. Life puts the soul in. I’ve always sung from the heart but when you’re 19, you haven’t had the life experience with all its emotional trials and traumas that you have by the time you get to my age.

"You carry all the emotional bruises of life and when you sing these songs; those emotions are in your voice. You feel the pain of a lost love. You feel it and you sing it and that's soul."

"The album shows Roger at the height of his powers as a vocalist," says Townshend, who contributes guitar to seven tracks on the June 1 release on Polydor Records. Mick Taylor, from The Style Council and Dexys, guests on keyboards; Sean Genockey, who has worked with Suede, The Proclaimers and Shame, pops up on lead guitar too.

As Long As I Have You was produced by Dave Eringa, who linked up once more with Daltrey after overseeing his Top Five album with Wilko Johnson, Going Back Home, in 2014. Work on the new record started shortly after the gold-selling Going Back Home was released and continued during breaks on The Who’s record-breaking 50th anniversary tour, The Who Hits 50.

The album is a mixture of self-penned tracks, such as Certified Rose and the soulful ballad Always Heading Home, plus songs that have inspired Daltrey through the years, such as Nick Cave’s Into My Arms, Stevie Wonder's You Haven’t Done Nothing and Stephen Stills’ How Far. The title track was recorded originally by Garnet Mimms in 1964; the year that Daltrey, Townshend, John Entwistle and Keith Moon changed their name from The High Numbers to The Who.

"For a long time, I've wanted to return to the simplicity of these songs, to show people my voice, a voice they won't have heard before," says Daltrey. "It felt like the right time. It's where I am, looking back to that time, looking across all those years but also being here, now, in the soulful moment."

The track listing will be: As Long As I Have You; How Far; Where Is A Man To Go?; Get On Out Of The Rain; I’ve Got Your Love; Into My Arms; You Haven’t Done Nothing; Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind; Certified Rose; The Love You Save and Always Heading Home.

[www.yorkpress.co.uk]

Writer mixed up his Micks - Talbot, not Taylor.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 19, 2018 23:04

So Mick Taylor's a keyboardist now.

Someone should start a Taylor vs. Stu thread.

Or Taylor vs. McLagan.

Or Taylor vs. Hopkins...

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 21, 2018 15:26

The Fillmore 1968 album is unreal good!

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 16:31

Didn't realise the who are around as long as the Stones

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 21, 2018 16:43

Healy52003
Didn't realise the who are around as long as the Stones

Come on......

Date: April 21, 2018 17:37

crholmstrom

Amazing version of A Quick One. This album is great!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 22, 2018 01:52

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

and Relax! John Entwistle really shines on this record. He was a monster bass player. i was enroute to vegas for show when he died. i find out until pulled up to the hotel & saw it on the sign at the hotel. that was a crappy weekend. i did learn a valuable lesson: never drink heavily & gamble at the same time. that stuck with me haha.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 22, 2018 01:55

Cristiano Radtke
crholmstrom

My thoughts as well when I listened to it today...

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 22, 2018 14:51

Love both Live At The Filmore 1968 AND Townshend's Deluxe Edition Who Came First that I got on Friday!

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 8, 2018 18:51

RollingFreak
No one happens to have the Lifehouse Chronicles box set from like 20 years ago right? That new Who Came First release got me thinking of that and it seems unfindable these days. I remember when it came out I was like "he always shits on Who's Next cause of what it wasn't. I'm not sure I care about 6 discs of him trying to get a project that never came together when what he cobbled up is one of the greatest albums ever." And now I'd love to hear that process.
I found the Lifehouse Chronicles box set on one of my hard drives, only in mp3 but I think it will bring back some great memories!
Link expires on May 15th:[wetransfer.com]

Date: May 11, 2018 20:23

"Chris chats to The Who's Roger Daltrey about creating his latest solo album As Long As I Have You and we hear the World Exclusive first play of his brand new single 'How Far'."

From 1:51:00 onwards: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 12, 2018 10:17

That half-hour version of My Generation on the Fillmore East set is beastly. On and on, the Who cranking as only that lineup could. Casual listeners might find it interminable, however.

Date: May 12, 2018 14:39

ab
That half-hour version of My Generation on the Fillmore East set is beastly. On and on, the Who cranking as only that lineup could. Casual listeners might find it interminable, however.

my copy will be here this week. can't wait

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 12, 2018 23:23

fantastic live footage of The Who performing in 1966. It's seemingly from a television programme, but details in the video's discription are little skimpy on detail!

[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 13, 2018 02:20

Now that the Fillmore East set is out, it's time for The Who to dig deeper into the vault: San Francisco 71, Philadelphia 73 and Swansea 76 would be a good start.

My only complaint about the Fillmore East set is that drums are too low in the mix. The kick drums are barely there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-14 10:04 by ab.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 13, 2018 03:26

Big Al
fantastic live footage of The Who performing in 1966. It's seemingly from a television programme, but details in the video's discription are little skimpy on detail!

[m.youtube.com]

If the date of March 31, 1966 is indeed correct, then it was in France (Issy-les-Moulineaux; venue: d'Ailleurs).

Fantastic to hear that Everly Brothers cover done live!

That year the band was as rough and ready and proto-punk as they would ever be.

Date: May 30, 2018 03:19

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:01

Thanks, Big Al.
Fascinating to watch.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 30, 2018 05:38

Cristiano Radtke
His new single is great!

Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have You on The Graham Norton Show

Initially I read the link as the title of the single.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home