Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:24

I thought the Who, Neil Young, and Roger Waters were the ultimate highlights of Desert Trip, followed by the Stones, Dylan, and Paul McCartney - both weekends.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:48

[www.youtube.com]

I downloaded the above youtube clip of The Who at Rock in Rio as it may get taken down,the quality is so good.

Looks a really good gig of the few songs I seen so far ,with a typically enthousiastic South American audience.

Thanks for posting Cristiano. smileys with beer

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 24, 2017 20:57

Roger Daltrey and Wilco Johnson released an album 2014. Great!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 25, 2017 01:06

crawdaddy
[www.youtube.com]

I downloaded the above youtube clip of The Who at Rock in Rio as it may get taken down,the quality is so good.

Looks a really good gig of the few songs I seen so far ,with a typically enthousiastic South American audience.

Thanks for posting Cristiano. smileys with beer

Thanks for the effort, crawdaddy. Unfortunately, both videos were taken down. On any case the video is up on the usual websites and ready to download. smileys with beer

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 25, 2017 04:38

Cristiano Radtke
crawdaddy
Have a great time on Tuesday Cristiano, in your home town of Porto Alegre.

Seen a few youtube clips of Sao Paulo gig and looks really good.

Any Who gig is unforgettable and it will be a great musical experience.

Saw them last at Hyde Park in June 2015 with quite a few Stones fans who post on IORR including Bluzdude,gregor,paulywaul,zgubi and Beast, and they were great as usual. smileys with beer

Thank you very much, crawdaddy! smileys with beer

I remember reading about that Hyde Park gig and it looked like super fun, especially with the company of those usual IORR suspects.

I've been avoiding to know or to watch any clips because I want to be surprised but I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience. smiling smiley

Agree!

Have the show on my DVR, still watch it now and then because:

1. It's a solid show smileys with beer

2. and I like to look for myself in the crowd >grinning smiley<

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 25, 2017 04:48

[www.youtube.com]

Long Live The Mighty Mighty Who

one two three or four of em; warriors beyond soldering, innovators;
great band; great show; they put out imo. here they are circa now:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-25 05:21 by hopkins.

Date: September 27, 2017 17:50

I'm still in complete awe and speechless, after going to the concert last night. It wasn't just a concert, it was a celebration.

Date: September 27, 2017 18:09

Great to hear Cristiano!!!

For me seeing them last year at Desert Trip in contrast to the Stones was almost like night and day.
The Who dominated the stage, their songs, and the entire crowd - it felt like a victory parade and a celebration with everyone present in the moment...standing at attention. They were like soldiers still ready for battle, and battle it out they did...bringing so much energy and raucousness I felt spent after they were done. The Stones on the other hand were like a theatrical event - almost tribute band...actors up on stage pretending to be as great as they once were. While it was enjoyable for what it was, they really paled in comparison to The Who.

LONG LIVE THE WHO! thumbs up .................and the Stones.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 27, 2017 18:11

Cristiano Radtke
I'm still in complete awe and speechless, after going to the concert last night. It wasn't just a concert, it was a celebration.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 27, 2017 18:22

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it Cristiano (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) smileys with beer

Date: September 27, 2017 18:33

peoplewitheyes
I'm looking forward to hearing all about it Cristiano (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) smileys with beer

I will write and publish a review soon, stay tuned! smileys with beer

Date: September 27, 2017 18:40

Cristiano Radtke
peoplewitheyes

I will write and publish a review soon, stay tuned! smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 27, 2017 21:57

Hell of a set. Hard to fault anything thats in there. If I HAD to be picky, I'd prefer other things than Join Together and Eminence Front. Just never really liked those songs. I'd put You Better You Bet in that category as well but it is pretty infectious live and I'd be lying if I said it never got stuck in my head. But otherwise, looks on paper like a phenomenal show and I'm sure they lived up to it. We've only got so much time left with these types of bands. I know we all said that 5-10 years ago but at a point it does become true and inevitable and thats gotta be fast approaching, unfortunately.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 22:04

Oh là là grinning smileydrinking smiley

Hairball
Great to hear Cristiano!!!

For me seeing them last year at Desert Trip in contrast to the Stones was almost like night and day.
The Who dominated the stage, their songs, and the entire crowd - it felt like a victory parade and a celebration with everyone present in the moment...standing at attention. They were like soldiers still ready for battle, and battle it out they did...bringing so much energy and raucousness I felt spent after they were done. The Stones on the other hand were like a theatrical event - almost tribute band...actors up on stage pretending to be as great as they once were. While it was enjoyable for what it was, they really paled in comparison to The Who.

LONG LIVE THE WHO! thumbs up .................and the Stones.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 28, 2017 07:10

RollingFreak
Hell of a set. Hard to fault anything thats in there. If I HAD to be picky, I'd prefer other things than Join Together and Eminence Front. Just never really liked those songs. I'd put You Better You Bet in that category as well but it is pretty infectious live and I'd be lying if I said it never got stuck in my head. But otherwise, looks on paper like a phenomenal show and I'm sure they lived up to it. We've only got so much time left with these types of bands. I know we all said that 5-10 years ago but at a point it does become true and inevitable and thats gotta be fast approaching, unfortunately.

Join Together was amazing, very good response of the crowd (myself included as this is one of my favorite Who tunes). Eminence Front not so much, there were people who didn't even know what song it was.

Date: September 28, 2017 07:49

Join Together has all the right elements of a great Who song, and is an all time classic anthem of Rock and Roll music!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 28, 2017 16:15

Yeah, I just relistened to it. Its not nearly as bad as I remember it being in my mind. I'm wrong. Its a good song. I don't think I liked that it ever really went anywhere, but some really cool musical breaks and another infectious one. I think for some reason over the years I've gotten it in my mind that when I think of it it actually sounds like Traffic's You Can All Join In, but now hearing it again I forgot that its much heavier. Still don't love it but I was wrong, it is a better song than I remember and could see it being really great live.

Date: September 28, 2017 20:04

I'm still speechless about this concert but after reading the review posted on the Who's website I'm knocked out. Some highlights for me:

"A night for the history books, for sure."

"From the very first moment, the night was completely electric – magic. Nothing subtle about it – this was one of the mythical nights we rarely get to see. Not just a good gig, not just a great one – an AMAZING one."

"And tonight was about that good, certainly in the top five of modern-era Who evenings."

[www.thewho.com]

Date: September 28, 2017 20:56

Cristiano Radtke
I'm still speechless about this concert but after reading the review posted on the Who's website I'm knocked out. Some highlights for me:

"A night for the history books, for sure."

"From the very first moment, the night was completely electric – magic. Nothing subtle about it – this was one of the mythical nights we rarely get to see. Not just a good gig, not just a great one – an AMAZING one."

"And tonight was about that good, certainly in the top five of modern-era Who evenings."

[www.thewho.com]

thumbs up

Tried to figure out who wrote that as they kept referring to "we".
The name at the top of the blog says written by Brian Kehew - turns out he's played keyboards for them in the past, and is currently a member of the crew as keyboard tech.

Brian Kehew

Date: September 29, 2017 23:57

I wrote a review from the Porto Alegre concert that was just published on the fansite PeteTownshend.net, for those interested. smiling smiley

[www.petetownshend.net]

Date: September 30, 2017 00:45

Great review! Man, I wish I'd been there.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 01:16

Cristiano Radtke
I wrote a review from the Porto Alegre concert that was just published on the fansite PeteTownshend.net, for those interested. smiling smiley

[www.petetownshend.net]

Very Nice review Cristiano. I saw them in Bologna last year and the enthusiasm of the audience made it special. Having seen the Stones in Barcelona on Wednesday night, I conclude that Southern European and, even more so South American audiences are the World's best and most appreciative and enthusiastic. Something in the Latino blood I think!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 30, 2017 01:36

Cristiano Radtke
RollingFreak

Join Together was amazing, very good response of the crowd (myself included as this is one of my favorite Who tunes). Eminence Front not so much, there were people who didn't even know what song it was.

Eminence Front is the music for a SUV commercial. can't remember if its chevy or gmc. sure sounds like its the who recording.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2017 03:57

crholmstrom
Cristiano Radtke
RollingFreak

Eminence Front is the music for a SUV commercial. can't remember if its chevy or gmc. sure sounds like its the who recording.

Eminence Front is a latter day (from 1982) classic...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-30 03:58 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 30, 2017 06:27

Cristiano Radtke

[www.petetownshend.net]

EPIC!!! winking smiley

I know you wrote you don't like the overuse of that word, but I had to say it!!!

Date: September 30, 2017 18:30

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

[www.petetownshend.net]

EPIC!!! winking smiley

I know you wrote you don't like the overuse of that word, but I had to say it!!!

HA! grinning smiley

Thank you, Hairball and thanks everyone! smileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 30, 2017 18:35

Great review !

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 30, 2017 19:19

However, - it's absolutely not fair to compare the Who to the Stones these days.

Important key-player have been replaced by great YOUNGER musicians.
Like with the Dylan band there are other and new possibilities musically.

Date: September 30, 2017 23:57

gotta agree about Latin audiences. I saw the Stones in Mexico last year and the crowd were just off the hook. Mainly younger that me (i'm 42) and partying and dancing like freaking crazy. It was like a Guns n Roses show from the 90s.

My woman is telling me that we should head to see the Stones if they play London next year, but I think the crowd will be something of a let down (pudgy and dull) compared to los Mexicanos...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 11, 2017 22:58

"Pinball Wizard" from the forthcoming Tommy Live At The Royal Albert Hall - [youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home