Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 106
Re: O.T. The Who World Tour starting U.K. after Christmas.
Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:01

Ticket master/eventim/axs can only compete with airport security in being annoying and a pain in the &$tt.

Anyway... After struggling with eventim.co.uk (the friendlier one I guess, but their system kept deleting my shopping cart...) I managed to get a couple of descent seats for Newcastle... well... never been there before (except for passing there by train) - already a good thing.

Now tomorrow will try and buy a VIP package for either Birmingham or Nottingham.

Date: July 3, 2014 13:04

Beast
There are now so many presales going on for concerts that it makes a mockery of the whole process. For this one alone, there is the fan club presale, the AMEX presale, the AXS presale, the O2 presale, the Eventim presale and probably more still. And how can a reseller like double8tickets have a presale??? It's all a total farce.

Yeah... felt that way too. Rock and Roll used to be the counter culture, while those type of pathetic swindles you expected to find in "Old World" type of outfits. These days you expect some government office to be much more fair, efficient and friendly then the ticket trading world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 13:05 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 3, 2014 13:13

Haven't checked all the venues,but are all of them seated only, and big places?

Bit of a bummer really when last two gigs I seen were in intimate surroundings of Indigo O2 standing and RAH 5th row Arena.

Still,a Who gig is a Who gig and may still go for Dublin,if it's on and/or London O2. smoking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:42

crawdaddy
Haven't checked all the venues,but are all of them seated only, and big places?

Bit of a bummer really when last two gigs I seen were in intimate surroundings of Indigo O2 standing and RAH 5th row Arena.

Still,a Who gig is a Who gig and may still go for Dublin,if it's on and/or London O2. smoking smiley

I was a bit surprised to see no standing tickets or they might have already gone.

Anybody know if its all seated for Brum.

Date: July 3, 2014 14:43

Wroclaw
Ticket master/eventim/axs can only compete with airport security in being annoying and a pain in the &$tt.

Anyway... After struggling with eventim.co.uk (the friendlier one I guess, but their system kept deleting my shopping cart...) I managed to get a couple of descent seats for Newcastle... well... never been there before (except for passing there by train) - already a good thing.

Now tomorrow will try and buy a VIP package for either Birmingham or Nottingham.
Glad you got tickets.

I would keep on trying if you can, i should imagine tomorrow will be even harder to obtain.

Date: July 3, 2014 15:03

odean73
Wroclaw

Glad you got tickets.

I would keep on trying if you can, i should imagine tomorrow will be even harder to obtain.

I am aiming for the VIP packages so I think I would be able to get those (hope!).

Also need now to start digging through the UK train/airports system now... London - Newcastle - London AND in between also Birmingham OR Liverpool ... puzzle.

Date: July 3, 2014 17:06

F&*king disgusting! this is a screen shot of viagogo for the "block A" (front rows) for the Newcastle gig... 8 hours after the pre sale! seems like we should define a new job title for all those forms and applications:

"Opening tickermaster at 9AM, on 9:15AM changing to viagogo and thats my job".

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:11

I believe Cardiff has standing if anyone is interested. A great arena, have seen many bands play there over the years.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:14

That is absolutely shocking Wroclaw. Makes my blood boil.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2014 18:42

There is absolutely nothing new about this shameful scenario. It's the bog-standard modus operandi for any concert - take your pick.

Date: July 3, 2014 22:41

Wroclaw
odean73
Wroclaw

Glad you got tickets.

if you need any advice for Birmingham, get back to me.

I am aiming for the VIP packages so I think I would be able to get those (hope!).

Also need now to start digging through the UK train/airports system now... London - Newcastle - London AND in between also Birmingham OR Liverpool ... puzzle.

Date: July 4, 2014 00:29

odean73
Wroclaw
odean73
Wroclaw

Glad you got tickets.

Actually now all gigs are available at the Pre Sale... trying to decide between the two "next door" gigs to Newcastle... Birmigham and Liverpool. Can get VIP packages for both. Been in both towns before, but never at shows and definetly know nothing of the two arenas... What do you say? which city would the best gig-wise? better crowed (always an issue with the Who in the UK - sometimes the crowed is great, sometimes sleepy and I've been in gigs where it seemed people came to proove the late OX's words about their English peers being "ungrateful"... smiling smiley ).

Date: July 4, 2014 00:37

Wroclaw
always an issue with the Who in the UK - sometimes the crowd is great, sometimes sleepy

Saw them last year in Newcastle, a distinctive memory I have during Won't Get Fooled Again was that of a 'larger' man taking off his t-shirt, waving it above his head and having security chase him all the way to the exit.
Bloke must have been about 50.

Date: July 4, 2014 01:54

Bastion
Wroclaw
always an issue with the Who in the UK - sometimes the crowd is great, sometimes sleepy

Saw them last year in Newcastle, a distinctive memory I have during Won't Get Fooled Again was that of a 'larger' man taking off his t-shirt, waving it above his head and having security chase him all the way to the exit.
Bloke must have been about 50.

I recall a pair of their "benefit" shows at the RAH, just before Entwisle died. At one gig I sat among some people who looked like bikers and kept shouting "ya f&cking old" and were ranting all time to their poor spouses. In the same gig Townshend fell of the stage into the front row, but managed to control the situation with grace.

In the other gig, most likely the day after, some trio of very yound drunk hooligans (they definetly did not seem to be looking like TW fans...) really got outa control. A female usher usked them politely to stop what they were doing, and they just pushed her (they were pretty drunk). A minute later I had the privilage to view from "FOS" position one of the most efficient unarmed security guards operations. They just smootly seperated them, put them under control face to the ground, and carried them out of the hall. Not even a single punch that was not 100% needed. However most of the crowd seemed to be 50-60 year old people that were well dressed and far from the "tour t-shirt" wearing people.

BTW - just managed to secure a pair of tickets for a "soundcheck VIP package" for Liverpool Dec. 11th. Thank's all for their help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 02:00 by Wroclaw.

Re: O.T. The Who World Tour starting U.K. before Christmas.
Date: July 4, 2014 11:08

Managed to get 2 tickets for Newcastle. Got through on 9:00AM exactly to find the majority of tickets near the front to be non-existent. Absolutely @#$%& disgusting.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 4, 2014 11:20

Wroclaw
odean73
Wroclaw
odean73
Wroclaw

Glad you got tickets.

Actually now all gigs are available at the Pre Sale... trying to decide between the two "next door" gigs to Newcastle... Birmigham and Liverpool. Can get VIP packages for both. Been in both towns before, but never at shows and definetly know nothing of the two arenas... What do you say? which city would the best gig-wise? better crowed (always an issue with the Who in the UK - sometimes the crowed is great, sometimes sleepy and I've been in gigs where it seemed people came to proove the late OX's words about their English peers being "ungrateful"... smiling smiley ).

Liverpool. No contest. cool smiley

Mind you, B'ham will be good too. grinning smiley But. Liverpool.

Date: July 4, 2014 11:36

Bastion
Managed to get 2 tickets for Newcastle. Got through on 9:00AM exactly to find the majority of tickets near the front to be non-existent. Absolutely @#$%& disgusting.

many exist.... as VIP packages...

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 4, 2014 12:03

I got Cardiff tickets. See you all down the front cool smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:51

Second 02 date now announced (December 18). If you buy through Ticketmaster and tick the Fanclub option (costs £35) you will currently be offered B1 and B3 around row G, which are pretty decent seats.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:53

Here's the link

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 4, 2014 17:50

Are any US dates announced yet? I could only find UK dates.

Date: July 4, 2014 18:06

MingSubu

Roger did an AMA on Reddit the other day, and somebody asked him about US dates:

"Not at the moment. Obviously there will hopefully be one - we're calling this tour now as the Beginning of the Long Goodbye, and we don't know how long that goodbye will be."

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:15

johnnythunders
Second 02 date now announced (December 18). If you buy through Ticketmaster and tick the Fanclub option (costs £35) you will currently be offered B1 and B3 around row G, which are pretty decent seats.

I used www.axs.com and am shellshocked to have got Block A1 Row F seats for £75 at the O2. Happy day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 18:16 by Beast.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:57

Bastion
MingSubu

Roger did an AMA on Reddit the other day, and somebody asked him about US dates:

"Not at the moment. Obviously there will hopefully be one - we're calling this tour now as the Beginning of the Long Goodbye, and we don't know how long that goodbye will be."

Thank you

I've never seen them perform. Hopefully I get a chance to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 18:57 by MingSubu.

Posted by: PTownshend ()
Date: July 4, 2014 23:03

Interesting thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 23, 2014 18:32

There's a "new" compilation scheduled to be released on october 27. Nothing new, though, and with the edit version of Won't Get Fooled Again, which killed the song.

"As part of The Who‘s 50th anniversary celebrations (which include a 2014 British Tour) a new compilation will be issued later this year.

The appropriately titled The Who Hits 50 will contain two CDs with tracks from across the band’s career. There will be a single CD edition as well, but at the moment no sign of a 50-track version for 50 years (which is what The Rolling Stones did with GRRR!).

This collection is a likely candidate for release on the Pure Audio blu-ray audio format, but there is no confirmation of that at the time of writing. What this space for further news.

The Who Hits 50 will be released on 27 October 2014."

[www.superdeluxeedition.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:10

If anyone's curious about what the single edit version of WGFA sounds like, I'm posting it here, and, in the process, saving everyone the trouble of having to buy another useless Who compilation album.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:32

I'll save myself the trouble of watching that WGFA Y-T clip, since I recall the single edit from early eighties radio.

I would hardly call that new comp album useless, considering that these will likely be freshly remastered versions of several tracks, like Dogs for instance, that have never or rarely appeared on compilation albums before.

I've also noticed that It's Not Enough from Endless Wire is included, which is the second time it's appeared on a best of/compilation album. With good reason--it's a first-rate latter-day Townshend composition.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 24, 2014 01:41

The only Who compilation album that makes any sense at all is Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy. The rest were released purely as "product" in the absence of having any real product to release. This band, whose music is not even particularly well-served by the compilation format, has now released twice as many greatest hits albums as albums of new, original material.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-24 01:51 by tatters.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 24, 2014 02:07

tatters
The only Who compilation album that makes any sense at all is Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy. The rest were released purely as "product" in the absence of having any real product to release. This band, whose music is not even particularly well-served by the compilation format, has now released twice as many greatest hits albums as albums of new, original material.

The only thing wrong with Hooligans is that it's missing Won't Get Fooled Again.

I think a 50 song set a la GRRR! would be great...because the Who has fewer singles, they'd be able to focus on excellent album tracks which could arguably result in an even better package than GRRR!

If they leave off 'Athena' there's real hope! (Unbelievably, I'm one of about 5 people that bought the 45).

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home