Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: Anita's friend?
Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: February 25, 2017 18:18

Thanks, mikehat. I suspect that this guy was more than a fan / spectator / hanger on as well.

And I had no idea that there was a film of Atomic Sunrise in the works--can't wait to see that!

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 25, 2017 18:23

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 25, 2017 18:30

Definitely looks like it's the same guy. thumbs up

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 25, 2017 20:02

Voodookitten76
Thanks, mikehat. I suspect that this guy was more than a fan / spectator / hanger on as well.

And I had no idea that there was a film of Atomic Sunrise in the works--can't wait to see that!

Looks like this guy is a member of "The Living Theatre". Seems that the Stones inner circle (in the late 60's) knew some of these people. More pictures from the March 1970 Atomic Sunrise gathering: [mashable.com]

From Keith Richards’ Life, page 221:

“Anita [Pallenberg] and I went to Rome that spring and summer [1967], between the bust and the trials, where Anita played in Barbarella, with Jane Fonda, directed by Jane’s husband Roger Vadim. Anita’s Roman world centered around the Living Theatre, the famous anarchist-pacifist troupe run by Judith Malina and Julian Beck, which had been around for years but was coming into its own in this period of activism and street demos. The Living Theatre was particularly insane, hard-core, its players often getting arrested on indecency charges—they had a play [“Paradise Now”] in which they recited lists of social taboos at the audience, for which they usually got a night in the slammer. Their main actor, a handsome black man named Rufus Collins, was a friend of Robert Fraser, and they were a part of the Andy Warhol and Gerard Malanga connection. And so it all went round in a little avant-garde elite, as often as not drawn together by a taste for drugs, of which the LT was a center. And drugs were not copious in those days. The Living Theatre was intense, but it had glamour. There were all those beautiful people attached, like Donyale Luna, who was the first famous black model in America, and Nico and all those girls who were hovering around. Donyale Luna was with one of the guys from the theater. Talk about a tiger, a leopard, one of the most sinuous chicks I’ve ever seen. Not that I tried or anything. She obviously had her own agenda. And all backlit by the beauty of Rome, which gave it an added intensity…” [arthurmag.com]

The Rolling Stone Interview:

Tell us the interesting story of how you got your ear pierced.
Well, the cat who was doing it – a jeweler or he studied it – was on about 15 Mandrax. Very stoned. Doing it the good old-fashioned way. None of your anaesthetics and machinery. With a sewing needle and ice. Me next. Rubs the ice on and he's dodging back and forth. God knows how he managed to do it. And he just made it. It's right at the lobe.

I've always wanted a pierced ear. I made me first bottleneck and had me ear pierced the same night, with about 15 of the Living Theatre and I was about the fourth ear. He did Anita's too, at a special angle. By then he had another ten Mandrax and was completely out of it. Try it from the front. No, let's go at it from the back.

But a lot of people got their ear pierced that night, it was around the time of the Hyde Park concert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-26 00:57 by 2000 LYFH.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 25, 2017 22:01

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-25 22:05 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 26, 2017 01:28

Yes! OK so maybe he is mentioned in some interview with Jim Morrison/bio about the Doors? Maybe he is indeed connected through Living theatre and/or Marianne and/or Jean de Breteuil who was Jims dealer. A member of the living theatre who became a hanger on to rock royalty?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 26, 2017 03:40

There he is. thumbs up

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 26, 2017 15:00

Great sleuthing, Voodookitten76 and 2000 LYFH!

I reached out to the Living Theatre on Facebook--attached the photo of Mystery Man. Also did some digging around about the Living theatre and it appears that there were a great many people who drifted in and out of that circle, so...it may still be a bit of a crap shoot, but still the new photo is a wonderful lead!

-swiss

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 26, 2017 21:55

15 pages looking for to know who is this guy who is on a same picture than Anita!!!!
And the Stones are still alive. I can't imagine the threads after they'll pass away to feed the forum. confused smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 27, 2017 17:33

swiss
Great sleuthing, Voodookitten76 and 2000 LYFH!

I reached out to the Living Theatre on Facebook--attached the photo of Mystery Man. Also did some digging around about the Living theatre and it appears that there were a great many people who drifted in and out of that circle, so...it may still be a bit of a crap shoot, but still the new photo is a wonderful lead!

-swiss

Yes +1, great work! I remember actually looking for the guy on some site with pics of the Living theatre in 2015(?). Should have posted whatever it was I found there (didnt find the mistery guy though). Didnt we discuss the Living theatre and some possible connection? No names?

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 20, 2017 22:18

No news since February? What´s up, everybody?

It would be too easy to think that Mr Mystery looks like Gram Parsons on the cover of Grievous Angel, wouldn´t it? I just saw that record cover again - to me it is Gram. hot smiley

Or have I simply missed the solution to this riddle…?

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: July 9, 2017 07:23

Someone said that Stash Kosslowski, a Stones friend from the sixties, was asked who he thought the mystery man with Anita in Hyde Park was. Stash said it looked like jeweler Dave Court, but Stash is wrong. Dave Courts does not look like that man. Dave is a jeweler who met Keith and Anita in 1968. He was invited to Keith's birthday party in 1978 where he surprised Keith with the skull ring he wears today. David Courts met Keith through Robert Fraser in London. Keith bought a skull and crossbones ring from Courts & Hackett in 1974, and Anita bought Keith a skull pin which had human hair and a gold tooth.

Dave Courts is not the man in the photo with Anita.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-10 01:11 by chatoyancy.

Date: December 4, 2018 01:05

While we've narrowed down our grim-faced barbarian to The Living Theatre, it's worth noting for posterity that Ronnie Schneider has gone on the record stating he does not recognize the face either.

[iorr.org]

I'm pretty sure he was Frank Frazetta's model in the 1960s.

[www.unboundworlds.com]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 4, 2018 02:37

Maybe someone could ask Marianne?

Date: December 4, 2018 02:42

DandelionPowderman
A young Richard Lloyd?

So it occurred to me that the easiest way to solve this four-year-old problem thread would be to put the image in a Google image search (that is, searching by pasting the image in the search box instead of typing text) and see what happens.

Google Image seems to think that DandelionPowderman was right all along, and it is indeed a young Richard Lloyd (the guitarist from Television). Thoughts?

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Date: December 4, 2018 03:22

That is definitely *not* Richard Lloyd. He and Anita didn't meet until late 70s when Keith & Anita relocated to the U.S.

Date: December 4, 2018 03:24

Richard Lloyd would have been too young to be Anita's friend in these photos. He was also in the USA only during these years. He was never part of The Living Theatre.

Date: December 4, 2018 03:24

Richard Lloyd:

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2018 03:45

Yeah Richard Lloyd didn't hang with Anita and Keith
till like mid seventies ………….74-78ish ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 4, 2018 04:00

Richard Lloyd -- Everything Is Combustible …… page 228

ROCKMAN

Date: December 4, 2018 10:47

LOL, I forgot that I even suggested it was Richard grinning smiley

Yeah, it looks like that was way premature..

Date: December 4, 2018 14:52

I used to see that guy around in Rome. I was still a little kid, and was scared of that whole crowd, but I know it was him; because there was always the knowledge that they ran with the rockn rollers. It was a group of drag queens that he hung with.

He sort of looks like Stan Lynch, the original Tom Petty drummer, doesn't he?

edit remembered some more: I'm pretty sure there was an apartment they stayed at that Maria Schneider (Last Tango in Paris) eventually took over with her girl-friend. I also recall that he used to shave his chest, and then forget to keep up with it, so it was always kind of growing in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-04 14:57 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: December 4, 2018 17:47

You have led an interesting life, Palace Revolution 2000. Your posts are often peppered with gems like that.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 4, 2018 17:55

I still think it looks a lot like Scott Asheton...

Date: December 4, 2018 22:23

Asheton has a big mouth. Our guy not so much..

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 4, 2018 22:37

DandelionPowderman

I always thought he was the quietest one of the bunch...

Date: December 4, 2018 22:46

Kurt
DandelionPowderman

I always thought he was the quietest one of the bunch...

winking smiley

Date: December 5, 2018 02:54

I guess Google needs to work on its image search algorithm some more. grinning smiley

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: December 6, 2018 02:41

Anita was crazy about the NYC band Television and she struck up a friendship with Richard Lloyd but had no luck finding Tom Verlaine who is reclusive and particular about who he hangs with.Avoids drug addicts which is the main reason Television broke up. Anita invited Richard to a few Stones parties. Keith discussed music with him.

Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: December 6, 2018 04:31

The link below is to Sam Cutlers Facebook Page

Buried in his photos is another version of the photos posted on page 1 of this thread. The only difference is that Anitas friend is looking straight forward.

Not sure where Sam got the photo from , but there must have been quite a few shots similar. Could someone upload this photo for me. Perhaps Sam might know the source of the original photos. Interesting to note that in the URL address of the photo it has theater.

[www.facebook.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home